AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2004-05-25, 03:05   Link #141
MangaBoi1989

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuven
i KNEW someone would bring that up -_-
he's a pretty decent fighter but he still gets naru punched to oblivion (even in the last page of the last chapter)
its cuz Keitaro doesnt fight bak at naru >,< and good points made by Sydney2k
MangaBoi1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-25, 04:17   Link #142
Sydney2K

Send a message via ICQ to Sydney2K Send a message via AIM to Sydney2K Send a message via MSN to Sydney2K Send a message via Yahoo to Sydney2K
Quote:
well, what keitaro does to these girls unintentionally can be construed as worse than hitting: <clip>
For which he gets slapped down for; it may not be fair (after all they are accidents), but for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.

He's still a decent guy- otherwise Naru wouldn't fall for him.

Widya Santoso
Sydney2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-25, 12:22   Link #143
USCPharmacist

Wow since when this thread become a love hina thread ehehh

Anyway let's look at Nodoka:

STR 10 (I would give her an 8 but consider how many book she can carry at one time...)
DEX 8 (and tripped off the stair )
INT 14 (She seems to have decent grade)
CON 8
WIS 16 (she may be meek looking but can be pretty shrew sometimes)
CHA 13 (People know her well, but kindda make fun of her too)

Let's consider the negative. The original role of a "partner" is to protect the wizard long enough to allow him to cast spell. This also imply that a "partner" should try to take out the other wizard's partner, and to disrupt the other wizard's spell casting. With Nodoka weak frame and the lack of any offensive capability, she can't do any of the above.

Pos: She can read mind.

Conclusion: She is the best intelligent gatherer amoung all the girls so far. So with some planning she can ensure victory for all battles. Unfortunately she is only useful if she can plan ahead or fighting against small fries. In an ambush, she is more of a liability to Negi than Asuna. So while she has interesting ability I'll give her a D grade as a "partner". As a girlfriend, that's a different story ehehhe
USCPharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-26, 08:58   Link #144
Sydney2K

Send a message via ICQ to Sydney2K Send a message via AIM to Sydney2K Send a message via MSN to Sydney2K Send a message via Yahoo to Sydney2K
Quote:
Originally Posted by USCPharmacist
Wow since when this thread become a love hina thread ehehh
Weell, I just had to clear some things up. I'd much rather talk about MSN.

Quote:
Anyway let's look at Nodoka:
I'm not a big D&D fan, but it's an interesting discussion. Part of the problem I see in defining measures in this sort of thing is that it's hard to measure qualities in hard figures when there are different facets to those qualities. For example I think you had Asuna's intelligence as just above average (a 10). Actually she gets pretty poor marks at school. On the other hand I think she has streetwise smarts, so that's two kinds of intelligence.

Having said that here's my view of Chisame:

STR 10 (Not the sporty type, so fairly average).
INT 14 (She actually is on the wrong half of the school average, but I up it because of her computer skills. I figure that she doesn't apply herself at her studies.)
CON 9 (Ditto STR, if not weaker, because she doesn't exercise. On the other hand though she does have a good figure, so she actually may exercise.)
DEX 9 (Ditto STR, although she may have very good keyboard and mousing skills- 150 wpm?)
WIS 7 (Poor wisdom; thinks poorly of her fellow students, who in turn largely ignore her)
CHA 16 (Web idol ups her mark up, and she really is quite pretty in real life too, tempered by her poor WIS mark.)

Kissing Negi would be like a death sentence for her, so don't look to see her willingly go into a compact with Negi anytime soon. But if she did her general physical stats would go up, but what would really improve out of sight would be her intuitive computer skills. She would be able to jack into cyberspace, creating a new frontier for a mage to explore. She would be just like Asuna in cyberspace, an immensely skilful cyberwarrior, defending Negi-byte.

She would also be able to create outfits at will, so the perfect cosplayer.

Basically a compact with Chisame would be fairly limited to computers, but still useful nonetheless. Like I said though, getting her to compact would be a struggle- but, wouldn't that be an interesting story? Getting Chisame to turn from disliking Negi to being a real fan of his? And a magic story involving computers would be fun too.

Widya Santoso
Old 2004-05-26, 13:26   Link #145
USCPharmacist

Hummm... I wonder if crazy Akamatsu san will put in Number 31 into the story heheheh. I really want to know more about number 31 cuz she is so cool. Too bad she only show up one or twice in the entire AI series.
Old 2004-05-26, 23:40   Link #146
Sydney2K

Quote:
Hummm... I wonder if crazy Akamatsu san will put in Number 31 into the story heheheh. I really want to know more about number 31 cuz she is so cool. Too bad she only show up one or twice in the entire AI series.
Zazie Rainyday is in AI love you? Which volumes- or, got any scans? I didn't expedct there was any crossovers in the AILove universe.

Widya Santoso
Old 2004-05-27, 00:45   Link #147
USCPharmacist

No, Number 31 in Ai, remember billy G copied number 30 and made number 31. We see her at the end of volume 9 (volume 8 in the rerelease) of Ai. She cheered number 30 on the defeat zero.

BTW that white hair kid look kinda like zero.....Mr. Akamatsu really need to work on not to recycle characters heeheh
Old 2004-05-27, 01:11   Link #148
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

Quote:
BTW that white hair kid look kinda like zero.....Mr. Akamatsu really need to work on not to recycle characters heeheh
i think a lot of people will agree with you:
20 looks like Kimika (even though Akamatsu justifies this by saying Hitoshi designed 20 BASED on Kimika...but c'mon)
Asuna looks like Naru (look in some of the flashback photos, the only difference between them is their name and the fact that Asuna's hair was/is longer in junior high)
Negi looks like Keitaro+Haitani (ok...really...i've seen Akamatsu's picture...he really does base these characters on himself)
Konoka, Haruna, Yue, and Maeda (from the last chapter of Love Hina) ALL look alike (ESPECIALLY Haruna and Konoka)
Chisame looks like nerd-naru
Nodoka is the spitting image of young Kanako
Asuna has the same hairstyle as Mao-chan
Fei Ku and Kaolla Su could be siblings
Akira and Motoko...well i totally saw a Motoko-type coming...just like i saw a glasses-wearing protagonist coming...
of course, if these girls/guys were REAL they'd probably look even MORE similar >_< (naturally, Keitaro and Negi would look a lot different from each other, since Negi's british and keitaro's japanese)
Kyuven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-27, 01:36   Link #149
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

To be slightly fair to Akamatsu, there's only so many different faces one can portray with a manga style, but I do agree that some of the characters do look either similar or almost same with some previous Akamatsu manga characters.
Old 2004-05-27, 08:47   Link #150
Sydney2K

Quote:
No, Number 31 in Ai, remember billy G copied number 30 and made number 31. We see her at the end of volume 9 (volume 8 in the rerelease) of Ai. She cheered number 30 on the defeat zero.
Oh! I thought you meant student no 31! I haven't read Ai Love You yet, so that's why I got confused.

Widya Santoso
Old 2004-05-29, 21:09   Link #151
MangaBoi1989

Quote:
i think a lot of people will agree with you:
20 looks like Kimika (even though Akamatsu justifies this by saying Hitoshi designed 20 BASED on Kimika...but c'mon)
Asuna looks like Naru (look in some of the flashback photos, the only difference between them is their name and the fact that Asuna's hair was/is longer in junior high)
Negi looks like Keitaro+Haitani (ok...really...i've seen Akamatsu's picture...he really does base these characters on himself)
Konoka, Haruna, Yue, and Maeda (from the last chapter of Love Hina) ALL look alike (ESPECIALLY Haruna and Konoka)
Chisame looks like nerd-naru
Nodoka is the spitting image of young Kanako
Asuna has the same hairstyle as Mao-chan
Fei Ku and Kaolla Su could be siblings
Akira and Motoko...well i totally saw a Motoko-type coming...just like i saw a glasses-wearing protagonist coming...
of course, if these girls/guys were REAL they'd probably look even MORE similar >_< (naturally, Keitaro and Negi would look a lot different from each other, since Negi's british and keitaro's japanese)
mmmm~ although i agree wif you that ALOT of characters do look ALOT ALIKE, i disagree with the "looks identical" or "completely the same" part you were talking about.... For example, even tho Naru and Asuna DO look ALOT ALIKE, but if u look at the 2 at the same time, you will notice that Naru has a "Longer" face/head...but i totally agree wif you that akamatsu has a tendency to have characters that look alot like characters from his previous works....

o ya, can someone explain in detail what Number 31 is(from A.I.) and how it was created? (i forgot >,< read it so long ago.....when i was in grade 3? lol)
MangaBoi1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-29, 21:28   Link #152
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MangaBoi1989
mmmm~ although i agree wif you that ALOT of characters do look ALOT ALIKE, i disagree with the "looks identical" or "completely the same" part you were talking about.... For example, even tho Naru and Asuna DO look ALOT ALIKE, but if u look at the 2 at the same time, you will notice that Naru has a "Longer" face/head...but i totally agree wif you that akamatsu has a tendency to have characters that look alot like characters from his previous works....

o ya, can someone explain in detail what Number 31 is(from A.I.) and how it was created? (i forgot >,< read it so long ago.....when i was in grade 3? lol)
the Negima characters are 5-10 years younger than the Love Hina characters (except Shinobu and Su, small wonder Su has a "twin") so even between the identical characters there would be some minor physical differences (Akamatsu can show age pretty well, Negi looks like he's 10, Naru looks like she's 18, Asuna/Su/Shinobu/the rest of the Negima girls look like their in their early teens, and Seta/the Negima teachers look like they're in their 20s/early 30s
BUT, look at some of the flashbacks to find some of the similarities (for whatever reason, Akamatsu seems to like to draw middle/high school students with pig tails...seeing the flashbacks of Kitsune crack me up)
Kyuven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-04, 03:01   Link #153
pyu
Crouchety Old Man

Send a message via MSN to pyu
Most mangaka tend to have characters that look the same across series. I guess it can't be helped since there are only so many ways of illustrating a character with a certain drawing style.
pyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-30, 15:10   Link #154
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Your Thoughts For Negima

What do ya think the story is going to develope too?

That All Girl Japanese School doesn't seem normal, magical maybe?

The japanese covers for 1-6 makes the story bends, seems like a battle coming?

Your Thoughts....? Thank them for this nice Cover

Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-31, 02:21   Link #155
jayrocs

yeah i like how the story is developing mostly between negi and asuna's relationship. It's more of a sister/brother relationship right now I'm not sure of what the future has in store for us but it may end up becoming love i dunno. In chapters 61-62 Negi and Asuna start quarelling about something stupid and (perverted). The argument might come out as something completely different when Del Ray releases it but oh well. Anyway i just brought that up because when the situation was resolved they hugged and when i saw the picture i felt really happy. And i realized exactly how much i liked these characters.
jayrocs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-31, 03:18   Link #156
Spyderz

somewhere around ch64
Spoiler:

latest release was ch65,being able to read chinese rocks
Spyderz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-02, 03:06   Link #157
Ryosuke
has became a producer

Hi! I wanted to say that Akamatsu's works were the best stuff I ever read in my life! I loved all his work especially Love Hina & Magister Negi Magi.

I was wondering did anyone notice the similarities between Magister Negi Magi and Final Fantasy X-2. For Example: both Asuna & Yuna had the same eye colour (blue and green), one of the student also wear similar clothing as Yuna and battles with dual pistols. I don't know her name but she held the same pose as Yuna. There weren't many examples but I found it very similar to FFX-2. People may disagree with me.

Also, did anyone notice the small mistake in book #3? When Eva used FRIGERANS EXARMATIO to freeze Negi and disarm him at the beginning of chapter 17, notice how Negi's left sleeve was shattered into pieces and it was ripped away. However, at the end of the chapter, Negi's left sleeve reappeared when ChaChamaru took off Negi's jacket. Strange isn't it. I guess Akamatsu missed the mistake due to hard work.

Anyway, thats all I m going to say. I hope Akamatsu would keep up the good work and continue to keep me happy!

Arigatou Akamatsu-sensei!

~
sorry if my english was not good
Ryosuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-02, 04:54   Link #158
sarcasteak
WAHA~

This is a seating chart I've organized...feel free to use it as a reference.

---

Ryosuke, there's a whole list of "bugs" Chinese readers have hunted-down and identified in Negima...and you'd be surprised how many minor drawing errors there are in Negima *cough*Asuna's left hand on cover of volume 6*cough*

---

As for the current discussion...

I don't mind the similarity in character artwork; it's not a big deal to me because afterall there are so many of them that it's quite difficult to draw all of them with just his drawing style.

Here are a bunch of similarities I've recognized; some of these might overlap with the ones Kyuven listed:
  • Yue -> Anita's classmate from ROD TV
    If you've seen ROD TV, you should know whom I'm talking about. They look like twins with very minor differences...DEFINITELY separated at birth!
  • Makie -> Amane from Canvas
    This is why Makie won first place in the first and second rounds of popularity vote even though she didn't even show up that much during the two rounds! When I first saw her picture on the seating chart, I thought Akamatsu finally ran out of character designs and snapped; Makie's initial hair style and hair band are trademarks of Amane (who is a very popular character in Japan). Eventually he changed her hair style of avoid serious accusation of rip-off? XD
  • ChaChaMaru -> Multi from To Heart
    ChaChaMaru is like a tall, quiet, straight-forward, and super strong version of Multi...this is not as close, but Multi's trademarks are those two ear-like accessories and green hair, both of which ChaChaMaru and ChaChaZero possess.
  • Kazumi -> Kitsune
    Appearance-wise, not really. But their expression (the way they blink or squint), personalities, and purpose in the series are quite similiar.
  • Nodoka -> Baby Kanako + Shinobu
    I'm quite surprised that most people recognized Nodoka's initial hair style is a pretty much baby Kanako's. This is a strong fusion indeed...very popular character design.
  • Asuna + Chisame -> Naru
    The power of Naru is split in two!~ Oh, and Asuna inherited the "special" blue/green pupil that Yuna from FFX also has; it is rumored that people with different colored pupils are special.
  • Ku Fei + Chao Rinshen -> Kaola Su
    The power of Kaola is split in two!~ This one is too obvious...
  • Negi's "sister" -> Ayaka + Naru
    Akamatsu really ran out of hair styles. XD
  • Akira + Setsuna + Yuuna -> Motoko
    All three are Motoko clones. It might be slightly of me unfair to categorize them all this one, but Akira and Yuuna are too Motoko-like appearance-wise. Setsuna, on the hand, plays the same conservative samurai role Motoko did, so I list her under here. (like teacher, like student!)

---

Anyone read Chapter 66 yet?
Spoiler:

Last edited by sarcasteak; 2004-09-02 at 05:05.
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-04, 00:49   Link #159
USCPharmacist

Negi's pass is kinda sad. And I congratulate Mr. A for not putting any, I MEANT ANY, fan service in the flash back....except Asuna....cuz I am so used to her being naked I thought she was born that way.....hehehe wait she DID EHHEHE nevermind.

Anyway, does any of you think young Negira (sp?) look EXACTLY like Asuna. I wonder if there is any connection there.....
Old 2004-09-04, 01:39   Link #160
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Chapter 66???

Translated?

Where the hell are you people getting these? (pm me if you can't reveal them here)

Tags
action, fantasy