AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-12-10, 16:36   Link #21
Vladrave
The Dark Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRk HuNt3r F4n View Post
True, but atleast we can expect what you will do in the game:
You can suck blood (to get hp or powers perhaps)
You wield an awesome shiny greatsword (and the whip)
You will not only fight knights from the brotherhood but also angels and demons.

Well sh!t's bout to get real!
I know right? Dave cox also said that they will reveal more weapons later. So i think it's not just the sword and the whip. But i really want to use that sword like right now xD
Vladrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-10, 17:24   Link #22
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

I wonder what games they'll be ripping offparodying this time.

I kinda wish they'd make linear Castlevania games again though; those were the pinnacle of the series in my opinion.
Old 2012-12-10, 17:29   Link #23
Vladrave
The Dark Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post

I kinda wish they'd make linear Castlevania games again though; those were the pinnacle of the series in my opinion.
The first castlevania lords of shadow is hugely based on the classicvanias because it's linear design. And really, all lords of shadow borrowed is the QTE, some of the platforming and the titan battles in shadow of the colossus. The combat is on it's own since it was really based on Castlevania Lament of innocence(2003) anyway(Which god of war borrowed the mechanics in this game)
Old 2012-12-10, 17:58   Link #24
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladrave View Post
The first castlevania lords of shadow is hugely based on the classicvanias because it's linear design. And really, all lords of shadow borrowed is the QTE, some of the platforming and the titan battles in shadow of the colossus. The combat is on it's own since it was really based on Castlevania Lament of innocence(2003) anyway(Which god of war borrowed the mechanics in this game)
Lament of Innocence completely slipped my mind, it's a good thing you pointed it out. Let's face it, God of War wasn't exactly a pinnacle of originality to begin with.

No, by linear I meant the 2D left-to-right Castlevania games. Even more than Symphony of the Night, I loved games like Super Castlevania IV and Rondo of Blood. Castlevania was made for this style, in my personal opinion. The other genres it tinkled with have been alright, but it never ever reached the plateau of enjoyment I got out of the simplistic design of those older titles.
Old 2012-12-10, 20:41   Link #25
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Let's face it, God of War wasn't exactly a pinnacle of originality to begin with.
And yet God of War isn't met with this kind of criticism. It gets more praise than it deserves.

Quote:
No, by linear I meant the 2D left-to-right Castlevania games. Even more than Symphony of the Night, I loved games like Super Castlevania IV and Rondo of Blood. Castlevania was made for this style, in my personal opinion. The other genres it tinkled with have been alright, but it never ever reached the plateau of enjoyment I got out of the simplistic design of those older titles.
If you want to play the side-scrolling type of Castlevania, that's what Mirror of Fate for the 3DS is for. It deliberately pays homage to the older titles you mentioned.
Old 2012-12-10, 21:05   Link #26
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Is Kojima still making this?
Old 2012-12-10, 23:25   Link #27
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Is Kojima still making this?
Kojima didn't make the first one. He was more of an adviser and had support staff in reserve in case Mercury Steam needed help with anything. This is probably the case again for Lords of Shadow 2.
Old 2012-12-11, 02:45   Link #28
Vladrave
The Dark Slayer

^This exactly.

This is the cover for the 3DS game castlevania lords of shadow: mirror of fate by the way:
Old 2012-12-11, 07:11   Link #29
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Spoiler for space:

I am in tears here. One of the most memorable and legendary video game quotes of all time finally brought to life a decade and a half later by none other than the godly Robert Carlyle.

I have a feeling that he's going to make himself a very big name in the voice acting scene with this. Sure, he voiced Gabriel in the original Lords of Shadow as well, but that game went kind of under the radar for the majority of gamers out there due to technical gripes and a lack of castles. With this game, though, the developers have the chance to deliver something huge, if they improve on what wasn't ideal the first time around. I am very excited to say the least. I haven't played the first game, yet, but it should arrive any day now.

/update: It's already here, lol.

Last edited by ZGoten; 2012-12-11 at 07:24.
ZGoten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-11, 07:15   Link #30
Vladrave
The Dark Slayer

I also quite teared up when dracula said that famous quote throughout the whole castlevania series. Now, if only they will reminiscent the conversation between Richter and Dracula, i would cry bloody tears.

There is a new belmont confirmed in LoS 2
Old 2012-12-11, 09:50   Link #31
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Goodness gracious, that is one beautiful cover for Mirror of Fate.

Quote:
Not that I'm doubting you or anything, but where was this confirmed?
Old 2012-12-11, 13:43   Link #32
DaRk HuNt3r F4n
>:3

Quote:
I also quite teared up when dracula said that famous quote throughout the whole castlevania series. Now, if only they will reminiscent the conversation between Richter and Dracula, i would cry bloody tears.

and who is the new Belmont?
Old 2012-12-11, 16:33   Link #33
Vladrave
The Dark Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Not that I'm doubting you or anything, but where was this confirmed?

It was confirmed by Dave cox. The producer of the game. Whoever the new belmont is completely unknown at the moment. I just really hope it's richter.
Old 2012-12-11, 23:44   Link #34
Blackbeard D. Kuma

^ Thanks for that. Judging by the time period of the present, Julius Belmont would fit in perfectly. But maybe another new Belmont will be appearing altogether.
Old 2012-12-12, 02:45   Link #35
Vladrave
The Dark Slayer

Well, who knows that there might be a twist where there is two belmonts in LoS 2. You know, during when dracula have his powers the belmont is Richter and during the modern times, the current belmont is Julius.
Old 2012-12-12, 14:31   Link #36
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Well, who knows that there might be a twist where there is two belmonts in LoS 2. You know, during when dracula have his powers the belmont is Richter and during the modern times, the current belmont is Julius.
That's very possible, for it would make a lot of sense. If we see a Belmont wearing some kind of blue clothing, it's most likely going to be Richter.

-----

One thing that I'm really curious to know about is how Zobek survived being burnt to death by Satan. Perhaps because he's Death himself he's essentially "immortal" like Dracula? The plot is going to be very intense, because not only will Dracula be dealing with the Belmonts, he has to contend with Satan as well.
Old 2012-12-12, 16:32   Link #37
Vladrave
The Dark Slayer

It's one of the greatest mystery in LoS of how he survived. Cox keeps saying in twitter that many will be revealed in LoS 2. I hope he won't disappoint us.
Old 2013-05-19, 16:00   Link #38
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Long needed bump for some new info.

Source: http://www.boainformacao.com.br/2013...s-of-shadow-2/

Source: http://www.ps3site.pl/mamy-nowe-info...hadow-2/152140

Neither are in English, so you'll have to find a site to translate them. Or just use Google Chrome's horrible built in translator.

Here's a summary:

-Ends the story of Gabriel

-less linear

-seamless loading

-no more mission summaries. Replaced with teleporting (this will be elaborated on in more detail later)

-boss battles are longer with more variation, not yet sure how checkpoints will be implemented

-camera can be freely controlled

-the combat system is unchanged except for a few minor differences

-Combat Cross is replaced with the "Blood Whip", which functions similarly with direct and area attacks

-magic is replaced with the "Blood of Dracula". It is regained by feeding on blood(which I presume will replace grab like it did with Laura) or filling out the Focus Meter(more below)

-Focus Meter returns. It is filled the same way(avoiding attacks, countering). When it is full, each attack will give you some blood

-Light and Dark magic is replaced with "Void" and "Chaos", respectively. With Void, your weapon becomes the Void Sword, the blue sword seen in trailers/MoF. It recovers health during attacks. With Chaos, your weapon becomes the Chaos Gauntlets(orange claws seen in MoF). They break through defense and do extra damage.

-Dracula can control mortals, using them to sneak through areas undetected. Mist returns, and can be used to get to secret areas

-There will be elements of humor

-Tutorial seems to be during the E3 2012 trailer. You fight knights and finish up with a Titan fight (from the magazine Games Aktuell, not the articles above)

Expect more info and revelations on June 6th.
Old 2013-05-19, 17:15   Link #39
Yorae_paladin1

hope there is more weapons and powers
"I do not hate you. I do not think your a monster just another species trying to live like us humans. If there is a monster in this world its nature itself for wanting and allowing spectacles of death and destruction."

Neo Human Angelus Von Doom to Abyssal Riful before there battle. My fic saga revelations of the past title Advent Rising
Yorae_paladin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 18:26   Link #40
Vladrave
The Dark Slayer

I also had the OXM issue although i don't if it's okay to post them here since this forum is kinda strict.

Last edited by Vladrave; 2013-05-19 at 20:50.