AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2013-04-16, 09:03   Link #2041
Ridwan

Images
A really well-translated cosplay
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-04-16, 09:09   Link #2042
Tougarashi
zutto soba ni ite ne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridwan View Post
Images
A really well-translated cosplay
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Beautiful girl. It more like rotoscoping back from the anime even though real life photo is much more nicer.

Current Season animes: Listeners, Tower of God
Tougarashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-16, 13:35   Link #2043
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Hi. Here's one more anime convention for the month of April. Ozine Fest 2013 is a large anime convention that happened last April 12-14 at SM Megamall. I attended day 2, arrived at around 3:30 pm and left at about 8:30 pm. Conventions by Ozine are among the best conventions that you could attend here in the Philippines. This Ozine event features a meet and greet with korean cosplayer Aza Miyuko, and Jinri Park would be coming as a guest as well, so it's not surprising that there's a whole lot of people present in this event.

One of the things I did right away is search for friends.

First pic is my friend April, cosplaying as Rin. Meltdown version.
The night before Ozine day 2, we had a short chat. She's trying to decide if she would cosplay as Yukiko from 11 eyes, or as Rin. Well, Yukiko is nice, but the costume is still incomplete (only one knife is ready and no cap). So it's decided that she would cosplay as the vocaloid character.

Mary Grace cosplaying as Elwing from Shining Tears, and Cristel with her goth costume, they're sisters. Cristel is also one of my friends, and one reason I found them is because she told me that she's "with an archer". ",)

And walking some more. I met another good friend.
Aimee in her maid costume, it has large paws.

Some more cosplayers. There's really a lot of people in this cosplay event.

. .

Ericka cosplaying as Sakura from CCS

Alex cosplaying as Nyarko

Victorique

Bought a ticket.

Started walking towards the other end of the hallway.

Elaine and Hannah wearing M and L caps. I suppose M and L means Mario and Luigi?

One more friend found. Anjeline cosplaying as goth version of Haruhi. Smiling as always. There are several people taking pics of her.

Ok, found most of them. I now headed to the entrance of the Megatrade Hall, because Yuki told me by text that she's at the "Matsuri Shrine".

A few steps away from Anjeline, I saw Ynna cosplaying as Miku and her sister Lyka as bunny girl.

Walked a bit and now near the entrance.

Marianne Grace cosplaying as C.C. She even has Cheese-kun!

LJ in her gothic costume

Sett cosplaying as.. told me that's she's doing an original cosplay (not cosplaying as anyone). Cute.

Jolleen cosplaying as Alois Trancy from Kuroshitsuji. Another cute one.

Now went inside. They would stamp invisible ink to your wrist, and it glows when they shine a light on it.

Megumi and Wendy. Told me that they're cosplaying as japanese maids.

Proceeded to look for Yuki inside.

Saw the stage being prepared. There will be an auction and band performance later this day.

A drawing contest in progress.

Met another goth Haruhi cosplayer. Looks like she already bought some merchandise from the stalls.

Ozine has a table for their magazines. Unfortunately, because the day was so busy, I forgot to buy some copies.

Still can't find Yuki, and it's almost 5 pm in the afternoon. Why is the Matsuri Shrine so hard to find? I even asked a guard if the convention has an "extension area" somewhere. For now, I decided to fall in line at the Ozine Maid Cafe.

At this point I texted Yuki. Told her that I've been looking for a long time. If she could please come over to the cafe for a short time, because I really can't find the shrine.

Yuki is a marshall (one who manages things) at the shrine for this day. Realized that I've seen her earlier, just didn't recognize because of the costume.

After Yuki left, someone found me. And it's no other than Santa Girl Camille, I call her that because she gave me free candies at Animax Carnival (a previous con), while being dressed in a santa costume.

Told me that this time she's helping so that a certain "Monkey Panda" could visit the Philippines again. Already a little tired, she told me other details about Monkey Panda but I forgot them, sorry. I asked her if she could take my place in the line for awhile, because it's a better background for taking a pic.

Ok, after a few minutes wait. Finally got inside the Ozine Maid Cafe.
If you attend Ozine conventions, I'd recommend visiting this place at least once. Leny (Kobato cosplayer at Cubicon), Akire-chan (Morgianna cosplayer at Cubicon), and Zely (Maria cosplayer at Cubicon) all work as cute maids here.

Kyoko, that's her real name. Told me that she's part japanese.
She also told me that they decided to do a theme, this time they wore swimsuit with skirt instead of a maid uniform. And it's cute! Well, she seems nice, but isn't much of otaku, so we didn't have much to talk about. I did tell her that I would make a post about her here in Animesuki.

Food I ate at the maid cafe. Took pic before eating.

Souvenir from Kyoko.

Recovered because I got to rest a bit at the cafe. Now proceeded to taking as many pics as possible before going home, before the batteries of my digicam ran out.

Jaja cosplaying as Rose of the Rainbow Wood from Cardfight Vanguard

Eunmie cosplaying as Haruhi

Surprised that someone called me. It's Precious, met her at Cherry con. Surprised that she remembered. This time she's helping promote Divosaga, a friendster game. She gave a free card, which would help if I played the game.

. .

Gaming area

Found the elusive Matsuri Shrine! It's actually at the entrance. The reason I haven't found it is because I expected it to have a sign "Matsuri Shrine", which it doesn't have, so I passed it many times - not realizing it's the shrine.

Yuki in front of Matsuri Shrine. You can write wishes on brown paper, and place it there.

Liberty, she's one of the Ozine staff. Not a sign of tiredness on her.

Would you like to play with balloons like you see in some anime?

Dare enter the Horror House?

Lulu from League of Legends cosplay

Group of K-On cosplayers, and they're cute! Due to tiredness, I was only able to get the name of one member of the group. The Mio cosplayer is Clarence. However, I was able to talk to two more a few days after the convention - Donna Mae (Yui) and Abe Gail (Ritsu).

Surprised that Ozine also has a drawing area, similar to the one I've seen at Komikon (a manga convention).

Some Unicef people are present as well.

Jayz Enna Salas cosplaying as Tender Shall from Dream of Dolls. She cosplayed the character pretty well, in my opinion.

One more peek at the drawing area

Drawings by Au-di

. .

The name of this group is Pin-san. They sell souvenirs such as pins, stickers, and bookmarks.
They can also draw for you (black and white or colored) for a small fee.

. .

Party Queen Makeover Studio. Want Taiga to fit a wig to you?

Auction on stage. I leave it to you to describe what they're auctioning.

Some anime banners that hang on the ceiling. Surprised to see Girls und Panzer and Tamako Market. I guess Ozine is up to date with new anime.

. . .

Shirt printing service by Transfer it! Got a nice souvenir shirt from this area.

It's about past 8 pm on my watch. Did some final photos inside.

One more K-on cosplayer. Her name is Jane, and the little girl is her sister.

Went outside.

These are located near the entrance. Ozine and Shuffle announcement of new issues for their magazines. Sadly, I wasn't able to buy any. The people selling magazines at the Ozine table seems to have already left by this time of the day.

My digicam still has a little battery power..

Moka cosplay by Cee.

Jin Yukii cosplaying as Mary from Eve. It's the first time I've seen a cosplay like this one, the picture frame looks like it's a part of the cosplay. ",)

And the last photo for the day is a cute Mei Misaki cosplay by Yumi-chan

Goodbye Ozine Fest 2013. It has been a memorable day.

Pics taken after getting home.

Souvenir Ozine 2013 shirt

Maid pin from Kyoko

Ozine Fest ticket

Divosaga game card from Precious, seems like it would help you get free in-game items.

Well, that's all. Thanks for reading. ",)
Not yet sure on what con to attend next month, but I would be sure to post here if I ever attend one.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2013-06-13 at 01:59.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-16, 19:26   Link #2044
Pink Cow
This is my title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridwan View Post
AFA Singapore.
Ah I see. Maybe someday... When I have free time. Starting May 1, I'll be really busy till next year. Actually, Ozine Fest is probably the last convention I go to until I finish my senior internship. I gotta study for the board exam and all that. >.<

@Liddo-kun,
If only you were there on the 3rd day! We could have met and stuff. But nice pics there. I would also have shared the pics in my camera but most if not all of them were blurred. My cousins were the ones holding the camera and they took.... Bad, no, horrible pictures. D:
I can't remember how many blurred shots of the floor they took when I browsed my camera...

自由を愛しちゃう女の子だけ
Instagram
Pink Cow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-16, 19:31   Link #2045
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Oh snap, it's almost impossible me to quote a specific part of your post @_@. Either way, those Girls und Panzer merchandise I'll get them one day! Very nice, and very lengthy post Liddo-kun.
Old 2013-04-16, 20:36   Link #2046
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Cow View Post
@Liddo-kun,
If only you were there on the 3rd day! We could have met and stuff. But nice pics there. I would also have shared the pics in my camera but most if not all of them were blurred. My cousins were the ones holding the camera and they took.... Bad, no, horrible pictures. D:
I can't remember how many blurred shots of the floor they took when I browsed my camera...
Thanks for the comment. Sadly, I couldn't attend the third day because there's work to do. Well, there's always chance to meet on another event, and I think your cosplay is good.

@Hooves

Thanks. It's one of the more crowded events I've attended, but it's still a fun day. You like Shana cosplayers, right? I'll post here if I see someone cosplaying as her in the next cosplay events here.
Old 2013-04-16, 23:16   Link #2047
Tougarashi
zutto soba ni ite ne

Interesting and very informative like always Liddo-kun. Ericka's cosplay is the best this time.

Current Season animes: Listeners, Tower of God
Tougarashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 12:24   Link #2048
Tsundere Louise
D-Don't stare, baka...

As always, the conventions you go are great, Liddo-kun.
The "wife pillows" auctions... Hehe, guess they're everywhere, huh?
And I've really liked the cosplayers. Especially;

Aimee in her cat-maid costume.

Ericka's "Cardcaptor Sakura" cosplay

Victorique from "Gosick"

Anjeline's goth Haruhi cosplay. The 2nd girl that cosplayed goth Haruhi was cool too

Ynna as Miku, together with her bunny-girl sister

Megumi and Wendy's "Japanese maids"

K-On cosplayers were cute, especially Azusa.

Jane's Azusa cosplay was cute too.

I see that you're not buying too much things on the conventions, though sometimes you make photos of some cheap things, like for example 1 manga/1$. Anyway, I've enjoyed reading your report from Ozine Fest 2013 and I hope to see more from you, Liddo-kun. ^^ Say hi for the cosplayers if you know any of them.
Old 2013-04-18, 02:44   Link #2049
Palsa-San
General of Aurda
*Graphic Designer

Great report Liddo-kun; you got a lot of good pictures this time. ^_^

Just curious, but did you dare enter the Horror House?
Old 2013-04-18, 05:14   Link #2050
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I'm with a group of cosplayers during the third day, if I haven't mentioned that. I have three Divosaga cards. (I wonder if the game is good enough to warrant a quick play?) Anyway, I'm running on a phone camera, plus my friend always needs help when somebody is taking pictures of her, so I we're sharing photos in a sense.

I missed the Gunpla booth. There's a First Grade Gundam AGE kit featured in the contest. ;_;
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 05:16   Link #2051
HasuMasu
*Artist

^ I had to look away from the booth because they spoil AGE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palsa-San View Post
It probably would've been better if he didn't, wasn't all that great.

Well it cost like half a dollar so not really a problem.
HasuMasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 06:47   Link #2052
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsundere Louise View Post
As always, the conventions you go are great, Liddo-kun.
The "wife pillows" auctions... Hehe, guess they're everywhere, huh?
And I've really liked the cosplayers. Especially;

Aimee in her cat-maid costume.

Ericka's "Cardcaptor Sakura" cosplay

Victorique from "Gosick"

Anjeline's goth Haruhi cosplay. The 2nd girl that cosplayed goth Haruhi was cool too

Ynna as Miku, together with her bunny-girl sister

Megumi and Wendy's "Japanese maids"

K-On cosplayers were cute, especially Azusa.

Jane's Azusa cosplay was cute too.

I see that you're not buying too much things on the conventions, though sometimes you make photos of some cheap things, like for example 1 manga/1$. Anyway, I've enjoyed reading your report from Ozine Fest 2013 and I hope to see more from you, Liddo-kun. ^^ Say hi for the cosplayers if you know any of them.
Thanks for the comment. I get encouraged to make more reports when people comment.
Ok, I'll try to tell those that I know. That you liked their cosplay.

I don't buy much because funds are limited. Some cash goes to purchasing digicam batteries - an entire day can consume 2 fresh pairs of Energizer. But I do bring enough money in case I see something that I really like - e.g. an AKB0048 product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palsa-San View Post
Great report Liddo-kun; you got a lot of good pictures this time. ^_^

Thanks. It was a busy busy day. Because it involved not only taking pics, but also looking for friends among a large crowd.
Thank goodness that texting was invented. ^^

Would have liked to enter the Horror House, even if I won't be scared. Just wanted to have the experience.
Unfortunately, I delayed, and eventually forgot - just like how I forgot to buy souvenir magazines.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2013-04-21 at 08:10.
Old 2013-04-18, 09:39   Link #2053
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

A late response from me this time. I very much agree with TL with the cosplay likes. So many good cosplays everywhere.

Haruhi seems to be the theme this time (I really need to see that show). And wow, those smiles!

I'd also like to add Alex as Nyarko as a like. Didn't you meet her at the last event mistaking her for someone else?

The girls with the picture frame was pretty inventive.

Tell them all to keep up the good work.

Endless "Too tired to think of a nickname" Soul
Old 2013-04-18, 21:20   Link #2054
Liddo-kun
is this so?

@Endless Soul

Thanks for the comment.

You have a good memory. Yeah, I mistook Alex for Georgia (someone I know) when we first met at Cherry Con. This time I mistook her again. Good thing she didn't act grumpy like the real Nyarko.

Oh, you mean the Mary cosplay by Jin Yuuki? I agree, it's the first time I've seen something like that - that and the pic of Yumi-chan's Misaki cosplay were my last efforts in the convention. And also the last efforts of the digicam's batteries.
Old 2013-04-19, 00:09   Link #2055
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godlike1889 View Post

lol, love it.
Old 2013-04-19, 00:16   Link #2056
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
I want a high-res image of the top Miku cosplayer in that strip...
Old 2013-04-19, 09:01   Link #2057
Azuma Denton
~AD~

@Liddo-kun
Great report as always...
It has many pretty cosplayer that I can only say, "They are all lovely..."

@synaesthetic
Here you go...
http://cosplayforthewin.tumblr.com/
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 17:54   Link #2058
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Thanks...

... I'll be in my bunk.

Old 2013-04-20, 03:03   Link #2059
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tougarashi View Post
Interesting and very informative like always Liddo-kun. Ericka's cosplay is the best this time.
Yeah, Liddo-kun's con reports are very informative and he takes lots of pics so they are interesting.

Good con report like always, Liddo-kun. Also, lots of lovely ladies like always, as well. You ever think of hooking up with a cosplay girl?

I've learned two things from your con reports: 1) People in your country love anime, cosplay, and cons, and 2) There are a lot of good looking women in your country.
Old 2013-04-20, 05:04   Link #2060
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
Yeah, Liddo-kun's con reports are very informative and he takes lots of pics so they are interesting.

Good con report like always, Liddo-kun. Also, lots of lovely ladies like always, as well. You ever think of hooking up with a cosplay girl?

I've learned two things from your con reports: 1) People in your country love anime, cosplay, and cons, and 2) There are a lot of good looking women in your country.
Yes indeed good sir.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cosplay, photo