Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-06-21, 03:18   Link #1101
Kotobasuu
OCD Cowgirl

Send a message via AIM to Kotobasuu Send a message via MSN to Kotobasuu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sno-Oki View Post
Maybe my fangirl dreams shall be realised and Kid goes insane!
x2 YES

there'd better be some shocking revelation about Kidd's origins with this whole getting abducted by freaky psycho pedo man thing otherwise i will cry, copious amounts of tears ;__;
Kotobasuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-21, 05:51   Link #1102
lmd_84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamad View Post
Perhaps the Kid being related in some way to the Kishin isn't too far off from the truth after all. I never actually noticed the Kishin eyes on Liz and Patti...
It only reinforces my belief that these order vs chaos relationships that keep cropping up in the series aren't half as solid as the characters seem to believe, and that the author likes to portray them. Whether the ambiguity is deliberate on Okubo's part, or a sign of him winging it with his premise (not that that's necessarily bad; this is very fun), is yet to be seen. On the back of his use of madness, I suspect the former, but we'll see...

When it comes to specific character; we all know Kid is mad in his own way. It's just that he doesn't notice it. And I totally support 'insane Kid' as a future storyline. Yay.
lmd_84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-21, 15:03   Link #1103
JunkKitty

Ah, I guess it's a decent time for me to kick out a personal idea about Kid and the Kishin.

Disclaimer: it's just an idea, I have no real evidence, just stuff that could be seen as hints but quite possibly aren't. It's totally possible to shoot it down and I don't care about defending it, it's just an idea I'd like to see picked at.

Based on what we've all seen in the manga, it just seems somewhat plausible to speculate that perhaps the Kishin is Shinigami's first-born son, making him and Kid brothers (or half bros). I'm relieved that the whole 'Kishin must be Kid's parent!! (somehow...)' theories seem to have died out, but there still does seem to be something unexplained connecting those guys.

For me the son idea cleans up questions regarding why Shinigami couldn't/wouldn't kill Asura, how Asura was able to devour his partner and become so incredibly strong, why both Kid and Asura display OCD-type issues (and other similarities), why Shinigami's been super secretive on what he knows about the Kishin, how many comma-separated ideas can I throw in here, why Shinigami was willing to go to the lengths he did to seal Asura, perhaps one reason for creating Shibusen was to force the world at large to become one safer to raise another insanity-prone child in, ect.

I guess I'd say Asura fell victim to his inherited insanity and became corrupted away from turning into a true shinigami, since then Shini-sama has been focused on how to raise another son in a way to prevent a repeat. Maybe.

That is all!
JunkKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-21, 15:28   Link #1104
Kotobasuu
OCD Cowgirl

^
I whole heartedly support that theory O:
Old 2009-06-21, 19:31   Link #1105
Hisago
The Superchunky from Hell

Haven't been here in a while, but I think I mentioned a little while back the strangeness in chapter 60 of Ragnarok holding himself in sword form and thus existing in two forms at the same time. Well, apparently it's happened before:

http://www.onemanga.com/Soul_Eater/13/32-33/

Ragnarok had just absorbed all the souls on the ship, so perhaps it's something he can do when he's at his peak strength? Also, we only see about half of Ragnarok at one time, so maybe the sword only constitutes one half of his body? He is in liquid form, so it makes sense that he could split himself up. Heck, he's got that bloody needle attack.
Hisago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-22, 03:24   Link #1106
lmd_84

So it has. Huh. Definitely forgot that one. And I think you're right about his liquid form being the reason for this. Not that it'll ever be explained as such, I think, but it makes sense in context.

I reckon what was also weird about the ch.60 example is that Ragnarok looks to be holding himself, not just appearing in two forms at once. But then there was much that was off about that panel.
Old 2009-06-23, 01:18   Link #1107
Sno-Oki
OC Cosplayer-Aeron

I just noticed from that fight that Kid doesn't wear socks. At least, not black socks. O.O
Sno-Oki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-23, 17:22   Link #1108
lmd_84

Well, his shoes and trousers are black. Maybe he has white socks to keep up the colour scheme. Can't think of any Kid-ish reason why he wouldn't wear socks.
Old 2009-06-23, 17:25   Link #1109
Kirvee
SoulxMaka Fangirl

Send a message via AIM to Kirvee Send a message via MSN to Kirvee Send a message via Yahoo to Kirvee
I really like Jun's theory.

The anime made me think of a father-son relationship between Kishin and Kid, but a theory about them being brothers actually makes a lot more sense. Good job, Jun!
Kirvee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-30, 01:38   Link #1110
Alchemist007
*Author

Hah 2 chaps better than 1! (skipped a month I guess XD).
But wow, they didn't revisit the Chrona cliffhanger at all. And Black star going Sasuke cool was awesome...even if it was only momentarily. But damn want to see Death Scythe Soul! And all this talk of assassinating Maka is angering! I hope Kiddo breaks out some major whoopass soon.
Old 2009-06-30, 02:54   Link #1111
lmd_84

If Black Star abruptly stopped being the kind of daft person he was originally, it wouldn't work well. 62 worked because we saw how he's learnt from his experiences (took him long enough. Now it's Kid's turn.) but also that he's still the same Black Star we saw making a fool of himself in the past I also found it amusing that he wanted to show Patti, of all people, how tough the world could be. Of course she was going to get one over on him.
Old 2009-07-01, 06:30   Link #1112
Sno-Oki
OC Cosplayer-Aeron

Patti and Liz have probably had a tougher life than Black Star. The irony....
Sno-Oki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-01, 10:41   Link #1113
nsilver005
L Apprentices

Send a message via Yahoo to nsilver005
wanna ask something, how come Soul Eater manga and anime have different storyline??
nsilver005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-01, 15:51   Link #1114
Yotsuba
芸術は爆発だ!

The manga is still going right? So they have different storylines? Or does the manga just keep going where the anime left off?
Yotsuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-01, 16:46   Link #1115
Kotobasuu
OCD Cowgirl

The anime diverges around the end of the brew arc. After that point the stories significally differ between the anime and manga.
Old 2009-07-03, 00:08   Link #1116
Kirvee
SoulxMaka Fangirl

Send a message via AIM to Kirvee Send a message via MSN to Kirvee Send a message via Yahoo to Kirvee
Never fully believe an anime adaption if you haven't read the source manga. People who don't do that end up thinking the anime ad the manga are the same story (sometimes is, mostly isn't).
Old 2009-07-09, 12:54   Link #1117
Reincarnated
World Inverse Creator

chapter 63 RAW is out.
Spoiler:
Reincarnated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 14:53   Link #1118
Kotobasuu
OCD Cowgirl

Spoiler for 63:

/suicides
Old 2009-07-09, 21:50   Link #1119
ellifeedn
Thinker

Spoiler for 63:
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-10, 00:05   Link #1120
Kirvee
SoulxMaka Fangirl

Spoiler for chapter 63:

Tags
shounen