AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-24, 11:54   Link #1961
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
well said shiek! i too, want him to remain human. by now, he's probably the most powerful human on the island and that's pretty amazing. and raki's quite different, he's got the ability to break down people's (awakened ones or claymore) protective walls and see them as humans no matter what the circumstances.

i like raki and he's very interesting. he's one of the coolest characters in the manga. if he weren't in the manga, i wouldn't have been reading claymore in the beginning. ^^;
Woohoo!!! Always happy to see more people who aren't afraid to be Raki fans, instead of just hating on him from the anime. He's easily one of my favorite characters in the whole manga.

Yes, he's easily the strongest human on the island. Humans are too afraid to fight Yoma, and even military men like Sid and Galk have no chance. You heard it straight from the horse's mouth(or yoma's): "He moves like a Claymore.". If he's still 100% human, he's easily the best there is.
Quote:
now only if clare could get a love rival for raki's affection, it'll be great.
Pff, what do you think Priscilla is for? the moment anyone touches, out flying out her mouth is "Are you picking on Raki? "

I imagine it would make hilarious situations:

Helen: "You're a pretty good cook, is that the only thing you can do with your hands? "

Priscilla: "Are you picking on Raki?"

Deneve: "Does she have to ask?"

Quote:
shiek: Notice how Dauf is a supid guy without any sense of tactics. On his times as a human he would probrably throw himself at the enemy and hope for the best. So, that armour is probrably a natural reacion of the body to protect itself that he gained when Awakening
Which makes me wonder something: Do you believe Dauf was a Defensive type as a human? People seem to assume that he was Offensive because of his overwhelming strength and very slow regeneration, but Galatea DID chop off his entire hand and it grew back. All that armor has to be there for a reason. Rigardo lost his arm and couldn't grow it back. Aside from the Number 1 Abyssals(Isley, who lost half his body to Priscilla, grew it back), Regeneration seems to be very much the same as when they were humans despite the now huge yoki resivoirs. Dauf was most likely a very strong Defensive warrior, but deep down, he was a simpleton who simply did not want to die. As such, his awakened form has amazing armor, granting powerful strength in his fists, but his body was meant to survive, not to win. It's not like Dauf has the brains to win fights anyway.

Quote:
That and to take Riful without breaking.
Dauf awakened long before he met Riful. His awakened form was simply a lucky break that he could tolerate her.

Last edited by Shiek927; 2009-05-24 at 12:11.
Old 2009-05-24, 15:11   Link #1962
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post

Which makes me wonder something: Do you believe Dauf was a Defensive type as a human? People seem to assume that he was Offensive because of his overwhelming strength and very slow regeneration, but Galatea DID chop off his entire hand and it grew back. All that armor has to be there for a reason. Rigardo lost his arm and couldn't grow it back. Aside from the Number 1 Abyssals(Isley, who lost half his body to Priscilla, grew it back), Regeneration seems to be very much the same as when they were humans despite the now huge yoki resivoirs. Dauf was most likely a very strong Defensive warrior, but deep down, he was a simpleton who simply did not want to die. As such, his awakened form has amazing armor, granting powerful strength in his fists, but his body was meant to survive, not to win. It's not like Dauf has the brains to win fights anyway.

Dauf awakened long before he met Riful. His awakened form was simply a lucky break that he could tolerate her.
I doubt it, I think it's written in the databooks his type of warrior but I can't read japanese or chinese.

It has not been confirmed but I think that every AB can regenerate lost members. However, those who had been offensive types take longer to do it.
Riful said that Dauf would take a long time with regeneration and if you notice it, Galatea never destroyed his hand. She chopped it off so he could have come back to pick it. The only stuff that would have needed to grow back were the fingers Jean destroyed.

I was joking. I know he Awakened before Riful.
Old 2009-05-24, 16:08   Link #1963
MonsieurRosseau
Insane Person

Send a message via AIM to MonsieurRosseau Send a message via MSN to MonsieurRosseau Send a message via Yahoo to MonsieurRosseau
I remember Riful saying something about it being too bad that he was so great at killing things because it meant he took forever to regenerate.

Riful fans! Look here!
Old 2009-05-24, 16:51   Link #1964
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

I think you're right JB, I think the databooks also said he was Offensive.

Besides, what does Helen(the warrior I think who sliced up Rigardo's arm) know about Awakened? What does ANYONE really know about Awakened other then those who've transformed? Now we have Awakened who actually put themselves on a diet.

Everytime we learn something new about Awakened: it chips away at the idea that Awakened Beings are nothing then animals who eat humans on instincts that was established since they were first introduced as Voracious Eaters(Yoma who apparantely have a stronger appetite). Miria's revelation that Awakening is the purpose of a Claymore is a huge one.

Awakened Beings fully communicate to eachother and retain their personalities, emotions and intellect. If anything, the only thing they lose, aside from their previous state which was once considered "human", is their connection to the people around them. Like Riful said, they feel themselves on a higher level then normal people and feed on them because it's their nature, as eating cows and meat is with humans(unless you're a vegan)....and yet, we've seen Awakened Beings sobbing and crying in the arms of a human(Luciella) and wishing they could stay with the family they have created(Isley), a family that began with the arrival of a human(Raki), whilst loosing their hunger except for the bare minimum. Some, promise they won't eat humans at all(Priscilla).

Really, all this begs one undeniable question: What is a human being, and what is an Awakened Being?. What truly makes the two so different from eachother? Because that line just keeps looking blurrier and blurrier. If I was a Claymore in the Claymore world, their is a fairly good chance I would awaken just for the heck of it. The differences just don't seem to really matter anymore and the advantages are plenty.
Old 2009-05-24, 16:56   Link #1965
Arturro

Quote:
Really, all this begs one undeniable question: What is a human being, and what is an Awakened Being?. What truly makes the two so different from eachother? Because that line just keeps looking blurrier and blurrier. If I was a Claymore in the Claymore world, their is a fairly good chance I would awaken just for the heck of it. The differences just don't seem to really matter anymore and the advantages are plenty.
In fact it's a pretty common question in (good) fantasy novels. In many ways AB resembles vampires. Proud, vicious predators, formerly humans, but now preying upon mankind.

Old 2009-05-24, 22:03   Link #1966
revan5
Dark Lord of Animesuki

Location: The Kingdom of Orange...you can't beat the Cuse, in basketball or snowfall!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJB View Post
edit:
shiek: Notice how Dauf is a supid guy without any sense of tactics.
That has to be one of the better jokes I've seen, even if it was done through accidental typos.

I've done many supid (sic) things myself in the realm of accidental humor. The best was my response to the newest Dominos ad.

I was watching this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nggsJI6Aro

It was at the point where the ad talked about the "Dominos Big Taste Bailout", that I turned to my brother and said, "Oh my god, that's so cheesy!"

Brother: "Dude! Did you just come up with on purpose?"
Me: "I kind of came up with it on accident."
Brother: "That's the best accidental joke you've done yet!"
Both of us dissolved into laughter after that...

So you see, sometimes the jokes are best done accidentally!

How the warriors of Claymore OUGHT to look: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12541
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12530
"So Shiek, now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!"
Old 2009-05-25, 12:32   Link #1967
Ryuken
Claymore #01

Well, I wonder what Riful thinks about Raki?
Old 2009-05-25, 12:38   Link #1968
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuken View Post
Riful doesn't know Raki exists

She only knows of Isley and Priscilla, Raki stayed in the house at the time. Riful is actually pretty far behind when it comes to up-to-date stuff going on.
Old 2009-05-25, 15:50   Link #1969
clarakiss~
the toeto nomster~!!

Quote:
if riful meets him now, she'd be quite interested and would definitely want to why isley and priscilla didn't harm him. and why isley trained him?!

unlike lucy, i think riful has a kind heart too, just like isley and she'd take him under her wing once more. raki has that effect on people and it's quite contagious!
Old 2009-05-25, 17:00   Link #1970
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Spoiler for manga pages:

We can't be sure of Luciela's personality. The only two people we saw her interacting with where a guy who wanted to kill her and steal her land and her long lost sister.
Old 2009-05-25, 18:31   Link #1971
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
if riful meets him now, she'd be quite interested and would definitely want to why isley and priscilla didn't harm him. and why isley trained him?!

unlike lucy, i think riful has a kind heart too, just like isley and she'd take him under her wing once more. raki has that effect on people and it's quite contagious!
Their's a fairly good chance I'd think that Riful would like Raki, if only because she's befriending someone who's actually her age(physically).

Also, she would probably be shocked because her perception of the "man-beast Isley" would shatter when she discovered he was actually soft enough to take Raki under his wing. Ever since she said those words, I've been suspicious of Isley and thought of him as nothing but a schemer, even if recent events show otherwise.

On the other hand, Riful hates humans, or at least wants nothing to do with them She wants "friends", but she wants friends who are of some use to her, which is why she doesn't bother with just Claymores. She considers herself higher-up then Claymores or humans.

If Raki was to ever have a chance with Riful like he did with Isley, he's gotta have something that piques her interest long enough for her to like him, just for being him like Isley did. Isley initially tolerated Raki only because Priscilla wanted him around. Eventually, he mellowed when he reminded him of himself and actually began to like him. Perhaps Raki reminds Riful of an old childhood friend before she became a Claymore. And besides, Riful is technically weaker then Isley; if he can change Isley, I don't see any reason he can't do the same with Riful.

Well, I guess this is what Fan Fiction is for . Besides, Raki's all grown-up now so I doubt he reminds her of anyone she knew.

Last edited by Shiek927; 2009-05-25 at 23:06.
Old 2009-05-26, 10:40   Link #1972
Ryuken
Claymore #01

Well, I know that Riful doesn't know about Raki yet, but when she finally does meet him I think Duff is going to get some serious competition.
Old 2009-05-26, 11:59   Link #1973
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Well, I know that Riful doesn't know about Raki yet, but when she finally does meet him I think Duff is going to get some serious competition.
Pff, him? I actually thought up that Riful might see Raki as the son Dauf and her never had, since now she also apparantely wants a "child" of her own...though I would feel ashamed of the kid who has to call Dauf "Dad"
Old 2009-05-26, 16:19   Link #1974
MonsieurRosseau
Insane Person

Send a message via AIM to MonsieurRosseau Send a message via MSN to MonsieurRosseau Send a message via Yahoo to MonsieurRosseau
Quote:

If Raki was to ever have a chance with Riful like he did with Isley, he's gotta have something that piques her interest long enough for her to like him, just for being him like Isley did. Isley initially tolerated Raki only because Priscilla wanted him around. Eventually, he mellowed when he reminded him of himself and actually began to like him. Perhaps Raki reminds Riful of an old childhood friend before she became a Claymore. And besides, Riful is technically weaker then Isley; if he can change Isley, I don't see any reason he can't do the same with Riful.
Maybe Riful will attempt to convert Raki and see what happens. I mean, think about it. A human who can kill yoma and was trained by Isley? As a Claymore, he'd be brilliant. She and he could defeat any darned Alicia.

Though Riful is less strong than Isley, I wouldn't say she's necessarily more bleeding-heart than him... Metaphysical strength doesn't mean immutability.

I mean, think about it. Isley changed to create the best weapon. Perhaps it's metaphorical.

Riful fans! Look here!
Old 2009-05-26, 16:27   Link #1975
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Riful is more evil than Isley, in my opinion she would have eaten Raki on sight. Remember, Isley only spared him because Priscilla liked him.
Old 2009-05-26, 16:42   Link #1976
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Riful is more evil than Isley, in my opinion she would have eaten Raki on sight. Remember, Isley only spared him because Priscilla liked him.
Yes, but you can't deny that Isley truly began to like Raki himself; trying to be the best swordsman he can be and reminding him of his younger self. Why else did he wish to be with his "family" so much?
Old 2009-05-26, 16:44   Link #1977
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Quote:
Yes, but you can't deny that Isley truly began to like Raki himself; trying to be the best swordsman he can be and reminding him of his younger self. Why else did he wish to be with his "family" so much?
Yes he did, Isley said he reminded him when he was younger.
What I meant is that Raki got a chance to gain the affection of an AO (this sound wrong) only because Priscilla gave him the chance. If Isley had found him alone, Raki would have been eaten on sight.

Same thing would happen with Riful.
Old 2009-05-26, 16:47   Link #1978
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Yes he did, Isley said he reminded him when he was younger.
What I meant is that Raki got a chance to gain the affection of an AO (this sound wrong) only because Priscilla gave him the chance. If Isley had found him alone, Raki would have been eaten on sight.

Same thing would happen with Riful.
That's what I was saying: Raki got lucky because Priscilla liked him, and that gave him enough time too woo over Isley as well. If Priscilla didn't like him, they both would have probably killed him in the snow right then and there.

Like I said, if he was ever gonna have a chance with Riful, he's gotta have something about him that interests her long enough for her to actually like the boy. Maybe she's intrigued by his determination and love for a Claymore, or maybe he reminds her of somebody.

Quote:
Maybe Riful will attempt to convert Raki and see what happens. I mean, think about it. A human who can kill yoma and was trained by Isley? As a Claymore, he'd be brilliant. She and he could defeat any darned Alicia.
Now that's going too far XDXD. We don't even know if anyone outside the Organization can create Claymores. Besides, Riful's strong enough to defeat Alicia on her own, no matter how much they developed her. Aside from a glaring weakpoint, they never did can an accurate fix on Riful's strength because she keeps hiding her true yoki so well.

Can't wait; The Organization are actually winning now, they need their prized golden girl thrown in their face
Old 2009-05-26, 16:56   Link #1979
MonsieurRosseau
Insane Person

Maybe Raki'll show up and be with Clare when Riful shows up. Her curiosity might get the better of her.

Riful fans! Look here!
Old 2009-05-26, 16:58   Link #1980
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsieurRosseau View Post
Maybe Raki'll show up and be with Clare when Riful shows up. Her curiosity might get the better of her.
Nah. Things are messy enough right now as it is(Clare meeting Raciella, Riful and Dauf chasing after Renee who are bound to run into Alicia and the guiding Abyss Eaters). I get the feeling Raki and Priscilla won't show up until all this is over with and Riful and Alicia are most likely dead.
Closed Thread