AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-16, 01:51   Link #1
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Darker Than Black - Character Discussion - Hei

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Hei related.
To keep the discussion enjoyable for all Darker Than Black fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specifics (i.e. episode, chapter, game, etc. discussion) there are other threads for that stuff.
Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whinging and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourite.

• Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter are always welcome, but harassing people will not be tolerated.

• Discuss, don't chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

• Use Spoiler tags!
    Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.

• Adding a Spoiler tag:
      Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms. Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!

• Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
      Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar. Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators to locate and deal with problems quickly.

• Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
      Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly. The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2009-10-16, 04:47   Link #2
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Will be the first one to say Hei suits that ponytail.
Old 2009-10-16, 04:54   Link #3
tieria.erde
T-chan fan

and i'd second that even though i'm yet to watch his ponytail
Old 2009-10-16, 04:55   Link #4
Namihana
Soul Driller

Now if he could only shave...then the pony tail AND his badass longcoat...

Yeah, that's what we're talkin' about. xD
Old 2009-10-16, 04:58   Link #5
tieria.erde
T-chan fan

he will be fit and clean again once they bring back Yin
Old 2009-10-16, 06:09   Link #6
Battler-kun

Hei goes Satou-style (NHK).....

Well, can't expect him to be all clean, shaved and so on with being hunted all the way and having no women around him.
Also as a Hobo i guess you don't have that much money.....
Old 2009-10-16, 06:16   Link #7
Avisch
Reality Blender

I always thought Hei wasn't really a likeable protagonist.

For example: "Tell me where my sister is before I kill you"
.....Not very nice Hei.
Not to mention it seems he has killed Suo's father and April.

But this is also a good thing. It really makes him an anti-hero, more than the other anime characters who are supposed to give off the impression of anti-hero, but just really aren't/

Guess that doesn't change the fact that he's a badass. Looking forward to more.

One crazy B****
Old 2009-10-16, 06:56   Link #8
Battler-kun

Hei hasn't killed Suo's father....

But Hei seems pretty sad losing Yin. She was the closest person to him ever since he got seperated from his sister ( don't know about Amber...)

Hei is indeed not a nice guy. That's actually way more realistic this way.
Old 2009-10-16, 08:46   Link #9
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

I think Hei lied about Suon's father. Remember Suon actually heard Hei asking for the meteor fragments from the father and then electric attack sound effect. Hei definitely lied about the professor dead when he arrived. Unless there's someone who could mimic Hei's voice and powerful and intended to frame Hei.

Hei definitely is a darker person this season. More ruthless and deadly. He killed April just like that...Hei's not a nice guy. He's more like a bad guy with a bit humanity....but he becomes worse this season
Old 2009-10-16, 10:25   Link #10
Statonxyb
hrm

I would have killed April just like that.

After what her "trio" did to Havoc last season, I'm glad she bit the dust.
Old 2009-10-16, 11:14   Link #11
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to forgottendiary Send a message via MSN to forgottendiary Send a message via Yahoo to forgottendiary
Quote:
Originally Posted by tieria.erde View Post
he will be fit and clean again once they bring back Yin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statonxyb View Post
I would have killed April just like that.

After what her "trio" did to Havoc last season, I'm glad she bit the dust.
I am FD and I approve of these!!!
Old 2009-10-16, 14:16   Link #12
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Really like Hei's new look. It makes him look really battle-scarred, like he's been through a lot in a very short time.
Old 2009-10-16, 16:18   Link #13
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Hei certainly seems much darker and on edge this season (not that he was happy and carefree before) and I'll guess Yin leaving (or dying or whatever) was a big part of that. I hope we see him drop the alcohol and perhaps fix himself up at some point. I also wouldn't mind seeing Hei engaging in his pastime of eating large amounts of food, though I don't expect he'd have a lot of money to do something like that.

I don't quite see why people are saying Hei is more of a bad guy this season since him killing people isn't exactly new, though I suppose most of those people were Contractors. As for the professor, he was either lying or set up somehow and the fact that the guy standing next to Shion in the opening looks like the professor makes me think he may still be alive somehow unless that image was referring to the past rather than the present.

I have to hope that Hei doesn't lose his powers due to what happened at the end of the episode though it could still happen I guess.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2009-10-16, 16:41   Link #14
Strange
Incoherent at best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Hei certainly seems much darker and on edge this season (not that he was happy and carefree before) and I'll guess Yin leaving (or dying or whatever) was a big part of that. I hope we see him drop the alcohol and perhaps fix himself up at some point. I also wouldn't mind seeing Hei engaging in his pastime of eating large amounts of food, though I don't expect he'd have a lot of money to do something like that.

I don't quite see why people are saying Hei is more of a bad guy this season since him killing people isn't exactly new, though I suppose most of those people were Contractors. As for the professor, he was either lying or set up somehow and the fact that the guy standing next to Shion in the opening looks like the professor makes me think he may still be alive somehow unless that image was referring to the past rather than the present.

I have to hope that Hei doesn't lose his powers due to what happened at the end of the episode though it could still happen I guess.
It's almost certainly a flashback of some sort, since Shion no longer has to pay renumeration for whatever powers he has, and thus, can walk freely instead of being confined to the wheelchair. And in the opening, he's in a wheelchair.
Old 2009-10-16, 16:52   Link #15
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange View Post
It's almost certainly a flashback of some sort, since Shion no longer has to pay renumeration for whatever powers he has, and thus, can walk freely instead of being confined to the wheelchair. And in the opening, he's in a wheelchair.
Unless he ends up in the wheelchair again, but for a shorter amount of time. In any case, I'm thinking his ability is something pretty big if he had to wait that long.

On the other hand, it was noted that they were putting the good professor through the ME Squeezer, which someone reminded me could end up giving them a copy of his memories and personality to implant in a Doll of some sort that could be made to look like the professor.

Of course, I can't think Hei likes working for the CIA so he may very well lie if he feels like it and given his state of mind I suppose he might be willing to just kill the guy. Oh well.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2009-10-16, 17:38   Link #16
hero147

Meh, I was hoping Hei didnt join an organization and became sort of a lone wolf. Hei is starting to give me Solid Snake vibes.
Old 2009-10-17, 00:17   Link #17
sintaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by hero147 View Post
Hei is starting to give me Solid Snake vibes.

hey same here
Old 2009-10-17, 01:54   Link #18
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by hero147 View Post
Meh, I was hoping Hei didnt join an organization and became sort of a lone wolf. Hei is starting to give me Solid Snake vibes.
Well that can't be a bad thing as Snake is the coolest guy alive!
Old 2009-10-17, 04:22   Link #19
blewin

I bet Hei works for the CIA because it serves his purpose of revenging Yin. I don't think Hei's the type to join an organisation, not with what happened to him in season 1.

As for Hei's personality being different from before, I'm rest assured after seeing him saving Suou. He did that when he found out Souo is not Shion, so he's not getting anyone uninvolved "involved" in his plot. That's the Hei we know.

Chrome Shelled Regios
Old 2009-10-17, 04:57   Link #20
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
I bet Hei works for the CIA because it serves his purpose of revenging Yin. I don't think Hei's the type to join an organisation, not with what happened to him in season 1.
Or he might just not care at all anymore, as a result of whatever happened to Yin. It's pretty obvious just from his appearance that his desire to live has gone down quite a bit.

Tags
characters