AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2013-04-22, 17:43   Link #1
Fishmonkey

Can you help me find some new anime series to watch please?

Hi.

I'm not the biggest anime fan but after spending a lot of time with a friend who loves them a fair few have grown on me & I want to find more that suit my picky selection lol.

Anime's I watched & liked; Bleach, GTO, Wolf Rain, .Hack-Sign (I didn't like one of the other ones I seen), Samurai Champloo, Buso Renkin, Afro Samurai & Animatrix (+ a few I can't remember no doubt).

I do not like Naruto or Dragon Ball Z, anime's about giant fighting robots/androids or mainly based on guns or futuristic technology (I'm more of a sword person).

My favourite anime's tend to have;
-a deep story/adventure
-spirits/ghosts
-comedy
-swords > guns (as I said before lol)
-I prefer series over films

Then again a few of the ones I liked above don't really fit into this so all suggestions are appreciated.

Lastly it must have an English dubbed version, after a long day the last thing I want is to be reading subtitles when watching anime in bed.

Thanks
Fishmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 14:34   Link #2
diane256

I remember one series called Ghost Hunt. I know it is on hulu.
diane256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 16:48   Link #3
kitten320

My knowledge in dub is horrible so I'll just list the series.

Ghost Hunt - one of the best ghost related series. 100% has dub since I won a DVD.

Shinrei Tantei Yakumo - similar concept to Ghost Hunt but weaker.

Shiki - same author as Ghost Hunt but focuses on vampires here. Has dub.

Another - written by the wife of Ghost Hunt author. Ghost related, gives big Final Destination vibes.

AnoHana - if you want to try different ghost related genre. Others are more mysteries/horror while this is more of a drama.

Seirei no Moribito - one of the best adventure series out there. Has action, deep story, based in samurai era so no guns, spirits and so much more! 100% a must!

Angel Beats! - everyone are already dead and in place close to heaven but not yet. It is a mix of comedy and drama.

Baccano! - a very unique way of story telling that will drove you in. It has guns but most of the action is fist and knife fighting.

Berserk - a top manga. Anime covers only a small bit but is good. Based in knight era, great story, characters and action. A real treat. It has a remake in 3 movies but I would recommend old anime. Pretty sure it is dubbed.

Claymore - sword action based in knight era too but these time females do the fighting. Special species whose job is to kill human eating demons. I found it engaging. should have dub.

FMA - adventure/action series. While they use guns, most action is based on Alchemy which is similar to magic. There is anime original season and Brotherhood that follows manga. Stories differ quiet a lot as they progress. Should have dub.

Inuyasha - big adventure, 100% has dub. Sword action, based in old era.

Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai - not sure what kind of comedy you like but here is a nice romance comedy which is pretty unique and different.

Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica - don't let the art deceive you. Story is deeper and darker than it appears. It especially kicks in after episode 3. Weapon differs between characters. some use guns and some use swords and etc.

Shinsekai yori - deep story which follows through years, not just short time spam. A bit weird a first and takes time to kick in but once it does, it will take you for a ride. Really strong.

Sword of the Stranger - a movie but with great sword action.

I'll leave it at that for now.

Tags
anime, find, series, watch