Notices

Old 2011-12-09, 10:46   Link #7041
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
And who's that >_>

Can't go to wiki on phone.
Blue-haired guy with a tattoo over his right eye that NEVER. GOES. AWAY..
Old 2011-12-09, 10:58   Link #7042
ronin myael
lost ronin

well, i didn't understand a thing about that time arc thingy. in the words of luffy, "it's a mystery!"

so jellal's back again eh? i think mashima is in love with that guy. i'd rather have mystogan back though. he was a lot cooler in my book.

nice cover art. it would make a handsome wallpaper.
Old 2011-12-09, 11:02   Link #7043
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

So did anyone else notice the psycho chick in the Raven Tail teaser?
Old 2011-12-09, 11:02   Link #7044
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
And who's that >_>

Can't go to wiki on phone.
Jellal is "Gerard."

Hiro Mashima gave the manga publishers English translations of the names of all his characters. So the name "ジェラール" (Jerāru) that the fans translated as "Gerard" is officially translated as "Jellal."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
She's like an evil Orihime.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 11:16   Link #7045
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
I just reread the chapter and noticed Ultear has already lied. According to the translation I read, she said: "I was responsible for what happened to you on that Paradise Island. Gerard was controlling me though..." As far as I know, Jellal has never "controlled" her.
it is either a translation or a grammar mistake. The Chinese scan have Ultear taking complete responsibility for the Tower of Paradise.

Last edited by Xellos-_^; 2011-12-09 at 12:45.
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 11:21   Link #7046
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Urtear is so beautiful in this chapter. As for Meredy...well, she is cute but I still feel a bit strange looking at her new appearance

Oh and is that some foreshadowing for Gray x Ultear I'm seeing!?

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 11:23   Link #7047
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
She's like an evil Orihime.
She looked like Rider with Unohana's hairstyle to me.
Old 2011-12-09, 11:28   Link #7048
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
i think that is a translation problem
You positive about that? Based on this translation, she said something along the lines of "I was being controlled, please don't blame me too much." If she really did admit she was the one doing the controlling, then what would the second part of her sentence mean?

Also, I'm feeling a bit worried that Gajeel's secret Raven Tail mission will bite him in the ass in the worst possible way.

Old 2011-12-09, 12:37   Link #7049
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
I couldn't help but think little red riding hood.

Oh boy, i laughed and cheered when Jellal appeared. It was only a matter of time . The appearance of a power up doesn't seem that bad either. Nicely planned Mashima.
Old 2011-12-09, 12:44   Link #7050
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
You positive about that? Based on this translation, she said something along the lines of "I was being controlled, please don't blame me too much." If she really did admit she was the one doing the controlling, then what would the second part of her sentence mean?
the Chinese scans have Urtear taking complete responsibility for the Tower of Paradise.

Urtear: Gerard was being controlled by me, So don't blame him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
Spoiler for 263:
Not just Urtear but Meredy too. Gerard has a mini Harem.
Old 2011-12-09, 12:55   Link #7051
Etheral

Is anyone else disappointed that there was a time arc to restore them. I wanted them weak or at least to earn some of it. Now the nakama thing is inevitable.

Magic is explained a little, but for the sole purpose of leveling everyone up.

I expected him (I refuse to say his name it's mentioned enough in the manga.) to show up, at least now he's toned down and makes some sense.
Old 2011-12-09, 12:56   Link #7052
Casshern

That phrase sounded weird from the start and Xellos' translation does make more sense. Taking responsibility for something and then blaming someone else in the same sentence doesn't really add up, and "don't blame me too much" isn't something you hear too often in manga from characters who have regretted their deeds.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 13:00   Link #7053
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Oh boy, i laughed and cheered when Jellal appeared. It was only a matter of time . The appearance of a power up doesn't seem that bad either. Nicely planned Mashima.
It actually makes sense. Since people have to tap into their magic reserves before they can use magic, it's logical that they wouldn't know what their true capacity is at the time they first use it. It's kind of like how people don't use the entire capacity of their brains all the time (or at least don't know they do).

Also, it took me a while to notice that Natsu was wearing his scarf around his waist like a belt. Not gonna lie, but seeing him without his scarf around his neck makes him look a bit more, shall we say, normal.

Old 2011-12-09, 13:23   Link #7054
ellifeedn
Thinker

So, the internal power explains why everyone is a lot stronger?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 13:25   Link #7055
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

I want more Meredy from now on...........................Kill every main character but Erza, Juvia and Meredy and have them become the main characters D:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 13:28   Link #7056
Ryus
The One Eyed King

^How dare you kill off Lucy and Mirajane

First off, Juvia on the colored cover page , Ultear's older look , Meredy's new look

Raven Tail character designs... Guy with weird hair and staff 6/10, The Dolphin Dude 4/10 (I want Natsu to punch him already ), The weird double beard guy 5/10 , Ivan 10/10, The chick 8/10 (I'm going to wager Lucy fights her), The werewolf 9/10 (one of the cats will defeat him since Happy called it a long time ago, cats>dogs in this series).

Now...

This chapter introduced the idea that independent guilds can become legal... so in all likelihood that is what Raven Tale did these past 7 years besides gain members and/or power. Hence why they weren't called a dark guild (assuming it's not a translation error like the whole Ultear saying it was her fault them blaming Jellal. Though I doubt this since I don't think even Raven Tail would risk taking on every guild there is all at once with 6 members (plus Gajeel whom they think is on there side) ). After all money likely made them a legal guild...

Also... Sadly this arc isn't likely going to be about Raven Tail in the manner I had hoped. It's clear the real big bad is the dark energy lurking in the tournament (at least it's likely something to do with Zeref). It's likely absorbing magical power and/or studying the best mages in the world. Now that all the most powerful guilds are assembling it's clear Raven Tail and all the rest will just hasten it being triggered... then Raven Tail goes good guy to save themselves from the evil monster in the basement of the arena.

Plus the odds of anyone but a council member being able to pull this off are slim to none unless someone has a really hax power (which in FT is quite likely too ).

Even though it was inevitable I'm really liking how Mashima is setting up Jellal, Ultear, and Meredy as Fairy Tail allies. I feared it would be bad but this seems rather good.

anyways I'd just like to end with this closing thought

Spoiler for pic:
Old 2011-12-09, 13:35   Link #7057
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

You know, given how Ultear improved her Time Arc, I'm wondering how Meredy and Jellal improved. I have my own idea for how I'd like to see Jellal improve, but I know it'll never happen.
Old 2011-12-09, 13:44   Link #7058
Rahan

Jellal is an idiot. He says he can't do shit because he is a fugitive, but he only needed to buy a Mystogan outfit ...
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 13:44   Link #7059
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
You know, given how Ultear improved her Time Arc, I'm wondering how Meredy and Jellal improved. I have my own idea for how I'd like to see Jellal improve, but I know it'll never happen.
Do tell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
Jellal is an idiot. He says he can't do shit because he is a fugitive, but he only needed to buy a Mystogan outfit ...
The council knew about Mystogan 7 years ago as evidenced by Doranbolt pretending to be Mest, Mystogans apprentice... your plan fails.

------------------

Random thought... how many of the other members of Raven Tail have a history with Fairy Tail? or are just people fighting for Ivan?

I don't mean that they actually where members of FT but maybe one or two of them could have been I suppose (though they mostly seem too young to have left when Ivan did ~17ish years ago), but I mean that in some manner they view Fairy Tail as having destroyed there lives. Such as them capturing there parent whom was an outlaw thus orphaning the kid, blew up there house and the family was then broke, have a grudge against FT member x (aka they got emotionally scared by someone in some crazy fashion) etc...
Old 2011-12-09, 13:53   Link #7060
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
Do tell The council knew about Mystogan 7 years ago as evidenced by Doranbolt pretending to be Mest, Mystogans apprentice... your plan fails.
It's because they know Mystogan he could pose as him.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen