AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-03-15, 18:54   Link #541
Kameruka
Hen-Tie

Gundam Seed(not Destiny) got unjustified hate just because it is different than Wing. Lots of people that time complained the Gundam franchise were dumbed down to appeal teenage boys but I think Gundam AGE is worse than Seed in "dumbing down" issue.
Old 2013-03-15, 19:16   Link #542
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kameruka View Post
Gundam Seed(not Destiny) got unjustified hate just because it is different than Wing. Lots of people that time complained the Gundam franchise were dumbed down to appeal teenage boys but I think Gundam AGE is worse than Seed in "dumbing down" issue.
True. That's why I never watched it.... The last "real" gundam series for me is Gundam 00....
Old 2013-03-15, 23:15   Link #543
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
Can you tell me what exactly? A link or PM would suffice.
Basically

Spoiler for DO NOT READ WITHOUT WATCHING GEASS ENDING:
Old 2013-03-16, 04:29   Link #544
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
Basically

Spoiler for DO NOT READ WITHOUT WATCHING GEASS ENDING:
Wait. WHAT? That's idiotic.

This is going to be a bit off from the title, but I do want to give it some mention. There were some things about Rosario + Vampire I did like. You know, beyond the terrible characters. When you look at that series without the characters, it really does have some great ideas packed into it. Mainly the setting and the perilous position of the human character was fun to watch. Plus the idea that a (terribly stupid) human and a (shallow monster girl with a split personality) could fall in love and have it work out wasn't exactly unique, but it still was an interesting concept. Honestly, I would've liked to have seen the love interest be less bombshell and more obviously non-human. You know, as opposed to: "It has to be a vampire! The MC can't fall in love with a girl who looks like a monster! That would make him deep and endearing!" So, as I said, I don't love Rosario but I love the idea of it.

I might be way off base here, but did anyone actually even watch Chrome Shelled Regios? It seems to have lacked the popularity necessary to get a second season going. Up until the end I enjoyed this series quite a bit, and had a lot of positive things to say about it. I'm curious to know if it was, overall, hated by Asuki.
Old 2013-03-16, 04:40   Link #545
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Why did they do that? Completly pointless to add such a thing -.-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
[...]This is going to be a bit off from the title, but I do want to give it some mention. There were some things about Rosario + Vampire I did like. You know, beyond the terrible characters. When you look at that series without the characters, it really does have some great ideas packed into it. Mainly the setting and the perilous position of the human character was fun to watch. Plus the idea that a (terribly stupid) human and a (shallow monster girl with a split personality) could fall in love and have it work out wasn't exactly unique, but it still was an interesting concept. Honestly, I would've liked to have seen the love interest be less bombshell and more obviously non-human. You know, as opposed to: "It has to be a vampire! The MC can't fall in love with a girl who looks like a monster! That would make him deep and endearing!" So, as I said, I don't love Rosario but I love the idea of it.[...]
If you like the "concept" of R+V then i recommend you to read the manga... it actually HAS A MAIN STORYLINE and ELVOLVING CHARACTERS, as opposed to the anime, which is pure ecchi fanservice every episode.
Old 2013-03-16, 11:27   Link #546
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Wait. WHAT? That's idiotic.
Yes. Yes, it is.

And now the reason why I will no longer complain about ambiguous endings. THEY'RE BEST LEFT AMBIGUOUS.
Old 2013-03-16, 13:33   Link #547
Bri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kameruka View Post
but...but...all Gundam TV-shows are aimed at young teenagers . AGE was just the first Gundam specifically aimed at preteens. It was meant compete with tokusatsu shows who dominate in that age category. Why would anyone complain that a kids show is made appeal to kids (although the show failed badly in that regard).
Old 2013-03-19, 07:15   Link #548
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
I might be way off base here, but did anyone actually even watch Chrome Shelled Regios? It seems to have lacked the popularity necessary to get a second season going. Up until the end I enjoyed this series quite a bit, and had a lot of positive things to say about it. I'm curious to know if it was, overall, hated by Asuki.
The novel seems more well-known around here...
Old 2013-03-19, 08:51   Link #549
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Quote:
This is a man who truly embraces the purpose of this topic.
Power to him! >:I
I am not brave, I am simply so used to people hating on my tastes in things for no logical reason to the point that it does not phase me anymore; so I just speak my mind regardless of how many people throw a tantrum over it. Of course because it does not phase me I am either looked at as some "ADHD retard" or some diabolical troll mastermind. Having a different perspective than others on life can cause you nothing outside of hostility sometimes, you know?

Continuing the topic here is a miscellaneous list of anime I give a 10/10 that I see people hating on all the time:

-Six God Combination God Mars
-Ideon, both series and movies
-Gravion and Gravion Zwei
-Gundam SEED
-Godannar!!
-Eureka Seven: Pocketful of Rainbows (way better than the series ever was)
-Combattler V
-Getter Robo and Getter Robo G

There are also a bunch of series I am reluctant to list because I see both sides that love and hate them. There are also some anime that aren't 10/10 worthy yet still get more hate than needed.

Last edited by DuelGundam2099; 2013-03-19 at 09:21.
Old 2013-03-20, 01:00   Link #550
Cheerful Orange

I wouldn't say that Persona 4: The Animation is hated by everybody, but it does have a substantial hatedom, primarily for some off pacing and being a good deal more upbeat and lighthearted than the source material; it definitely had some problems, but I still enjoyed the heck out of it.
-
Old 2013-03-20, 11:31   Link #551
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

I think I'm going to list the animes I love while everyone else either hates it or doesn't care about them in a bad light :
Quote:
Qwaser of Stigmata
Dragon Crisis!
Wish Upon the Pleaides
Battle Girls : Time Paradox (Sengoku Otome : Momoiro Paradox)
Aria the Scarlet Ammo
The Mystic Archives of Dantalian
Senki Zesshou Symphogear
Sengoku Collection
OniAi
World War Blue (Aoi Sekai no Chuushin de)
I'm the type who loves watching anime that are underrated or are looked down upon for some reasons, since some of the titles does have a certain aspect that other anime either fails portraying on it or lacks.
Recently, I have been enjoying Vivid Red Operation though it's more of a love/hate anime (on the same line as Guilty Crown I think) than a overly hated anime, but the main complaints I heard about the show is that it contain too much crotch and ass shots, which is why they are turned off by it, but I keep thinking it offers more than just fanservice. Most of ecchi shows these days are too intoxicated by breast emphasis, and VRO offers a type of ecchi that was rarely exploited in anime before, although it isn't really the first anime to primarily emphasis on the lower body side (and I heard Strike Witches, which was done by the same director as VRO, is the first show to give birth to lower side fanservice's striking popularity.)
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2013-03-20, 12:12   Link #552
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuelGundam2099 View Post
Continuing the topic here is a miscellaneous list of anime I give a 10/10 that I see people hating on all the time:

-Gundam SEED
Dude, Gundam SEED is far from being “hated all the time”. In fact, SEED is one of series that spark the interest of the new generation of Gundam viewers since Gundam Wing. SEED is loved by legions. So, no. SEED doesn’t belong in this thread imo. Destiny is more fitting here since the fans’ hate for that series is already the stuff of legend.
Old 2013-03-21, 02:47   Link #553
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Dude, Gundam SEED is far from being “hated all the time”. In fact, SEED is one of series that spark the interest of the new generation of Gundam viewers since Gundam Wing. SEED is loved by legions. So, no. SEED doesn’t belong in this thread imo. Destiny is more fitting here since the fans’ hate for that series is already the stuff of legend.
SEED is less hated, admittedly. Compared to other Gundams though I found it a bit lacking. I give the writers credit for a more accurate "teen drama" feel. However I also thought that it borrowed a bit more heavily from Mobile Suit Gundam than others.

Destiny is pretty widely regarded as being bad though, and I've had no indications otherwise.

As far as sparking a new interest, I don't know about that. There's only been tw- well, I guess three notable Gundams since Seed now. Gundam 00 (which was the first in HD and shown on SyFy, and likely drew more attention than Seed), Gundam Unicorn, and that newer one that I still haven't watched.
Old 2013-03-21, 03:18   Link #554
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
SEED is less hated, admittedly. Compared to other Gundams though I found it a bit lacking. I give the writers credit for a more accurate "teen drama" feel. However I also thought that it borrowed a bit more heavily from Mobile Suit Gundam than others.

Destiny is pretty widely regarded as being bad though, and I've had no indications otherwise.

As far as sparking a new interest, I don't know about that. There's only been tw- well, I guess three notable Gundams since Seed now. Gundam 00 (which was the first in HD and shown on SyFy, and likely drew more attention than Seed), Gundam Unicorn, and that newer one that I still haven't watched.
I wasn’t talking about the quality of the series itself, but the fact that SEED is loved by oh-so-many people (especially the Gundam fans who don't like the style of Wing). Those who love it are so many that it doesn’t belong in this thread imo :P.

And of course Destiny is really bad. I thought so myself. I mentioned Destiny just as an example of a series that “everyone else hates”, unlike SEED.

As for the newest series, AGE, don't bother watching it. It's fortunate that Gundam franchise is too strong to be killed by the awfull-ness of that series. AGE is a failure in both quality and profit.

Last edited by Obelisk ze Tormentor; 2013-03-21 at 03:29.
Old 2013-03-25, 19:27   Link #555
NK_500
Disabled By Request

Seed had plenty of haters, especially from Wing fans.

It made me sad to see lots of Medaka Box haters.
Old 2013-03-27, 19:36   Link #556
Joyce_Steele
Banned

While there aren't many Amagami SS haters out there but I don't think I can say "hey, I'm an Amagami fan" anywhere else. Yes, lots of people disliking this show for being "just another harem show" but ironically I ends up loving it. Perhaps it never take itself too seriously which also sadly reason for most people avoiding it.
Old 2013-03-27, 21:41   Link #557
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Quote:
it borrowed a bit more heavily from Mobile Suit Gundam than others.
In all fairness it might have stemmed from the fact that Turn A did an extremely poor job of amalgamating previous gundam series in one series. It wasn't a real gundam series as much as it was a steam-punk tribute to every previous Tomino series with Gundam slapped on the name for market value, throw in two references to G and a flashback to Wing (with no references to X) and it "unifies" the time lines. Don't even get me started on the ultra cheap Moonlight Butterfly and unused powers.
Quote:
And of course Destiny is really bad.
So bad that a lot of ANN folks liked it more than they hated it and in won a Grand Prix award. Plus I have observed over the years that more hate comes from the English speaking fandom than fans in Asian countries by.... A lot? Could be a cultural difference. I also noticed that people that hate Destiny or CE in general are Universal Century fans (it seems like 85% of the time based on what I've seen).
Old 2013-03-27, 22:07   Link #558
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyce_Steele View Post
While there aren't many Amagami SS haters out there but I don't think I can say "hey, I'm an Amagami fan" anywhere else. Yes, lots of people disliking this show for being "just another harem show" but ironically I ends up loving it. Perhaps it never take itself too seriously which also sadly reason for most people avoiding it.
Amagami is the type of harem anime where the all the girls has a vanilla ending with the MC... that's what makes it special... Yosuga is the same... but more ero..
Old 2013-03-28, 17:07   Link #559
Random32
Also a Lolicon

From the last season: Amnesia.

I wouldn't say that I love it, but I enjoyed it a lot, and it just gets a ton of hate... Its thread depresses me greatly.
Old 2013-03-28, 17:24   Link #560
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
So bad that a lot of ANN folks liked it more than they hated it and in won a Grand Prix award.
That was my opinion that you quoted. And when it comes to my opinion, ANN and anime Grand Prix meant nothing .

Quote:
Plus I have observed over the years that more hate comes from the English speaking fandom than fans in Asian countries by.... A lot? Could be a cultural difference. I also noticed that people that hate Destiny or CE in general are Universal Century fans (it seems like 85% of the time based on what I've seen).
How about many anime fans from SEA (for example, my country) who like SEED but hate Destiny in local forums? Have you observed them? And don't even talk about UC-elitists. For them, hating anything non-UC is a given . Btw, I am a fan of UC but still like 00, X, Wing, Turn A, and SEED and many of my friends who love UC also share my feelings.