AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2012-01-16, 05:36   Link #221
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

The worst movie I ever saw (Transformers I) got yet another sequel...

Why is the world so unfair?
Dhomochevsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 06:04   Link #222
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Well, let's look on the Bright Side.

Michael Bay WON'T be on the Director's Chair for Transformers 4.
And Shia LaBeouf is ALSO out.

And if rumors hold true, Justin Lin (The Taiwanese Genius who SAVED the Fast and the Furious Franchise with the multiculturally tasteful and egalitarian Fast Five) will be Helming it instead.

This will hopefully mean that Asians will NO LONGER be onscreen only to be rude, trash-talking, negative-homosexual-rapist-stereotyes who are dropped out windows for a cheap laugh when they outlive their plot relevance this time round.

Last edited by Yui Is My Wife; 2012-01-16 at 08:29.
Yui Is My Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 23:02   Link #223
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife
You might want to provide a link for that...Don't want people getting too exited only to be Bay'd from behind again...
Old 2012-01-17, 13:03   Link #224
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
Well, let's look on the Bright Side.

And if rumors hold true, Justin Lin (The Taiwanese Genius who SAVED the Fast and the Furious Franchise with the multiculturally tasteful and egalitarian Fast Five) will be Helming it instead.

This will hopefully mean that Asians will NO LONGER be onscreen only to be rude, trash-talking, negative-homosexual-rapist-stereotyes who are dropped out windows for a cheap laugh when they outlive their plot relevance this time round.
hopefuly it wont have ANY "Slice of life" in it...

Hate the other movies all you want, but 90% of the robot fighting scenes were epic...

cough-

Old 2012-02-01, 00:29   Link #225
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

One person I will NOT object to coming back into the franchise is Steve Jablonsky, the gentleman who wrote the Heart-Stirring Musical Score for the Trilogy so far.

Point in fact, the ONLY two pieces of non-anime music that is still able to warm my heart:

Old 2012-02-01, 01:04   Link #226
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

By the way, Vallen Chaos Valiant?

How did Optimus "sell his soul" to protect humanity?
Spoiler:

How is killing those evil pieces of shits corrupting or soul selling in any way?
Old 2012-02-01, 02:08   Link #227
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
By the way, Vallen Chaos Valiant?

How did Optimus "sell his soul" to protect humanity?
Spoiler:

How is killing those evil pieces of shits corrupting or soul selling in any way?
First, I think I know who you are. Changing your alias a third time isn't gonna work. You haven't changed one bit.

Second, Prime isn't a killer. Or wasn't suppose to be. There is a difference between stopping evil and executing them. And what we saw was an execution. If they were going to be judged, there should be due process. I do not object to them being defeated; I object to immediate execution when it wasn't warranted.
Old 2012-02-01, 02:39   Link #228
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Assuming they are going to have a sequel

One thing that NEVER made sense about "Galvatron" since the 1986 Movie,

Megatron is much too proud to ever admit to being anyone's slave, and yet in openly and proudly calling himself Galvatron, a name Unicron gave him, it's like he is ADMITTING that he is Unicron's Slave.

Does not make sense considering that he's Megatron with a purple paint job, does it?
Old 2012-02-01, 20:58   Link #229
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Assuming they are going to have a sequel

One thing that NEVER made sense about "Galvatron" since the 1986 Movie,

Megatron is much too proud to ever admit to being anyone's slave, and yet in openly and proudly calling himself Galvatron, a name Unicron gave him, it's like he is ADMITTING that he is Unicron's Slave.

Does not make sense considering that he's Megatron with a purple paint job, does it?
Except you're forgetting how Unicron flipped on the "painfully turn his electronic brain into swiss cheese" switch when Galvatron wouldn't fall in line.

And Galvatron did try to do enslave Unicron, but the Matrix wouldn't open for him.
Old 2012-02-01, 22:11   Link #230
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

But AFTER the movie, Megatron CONTINUES to proudly refer to himself as "Galvatron" in spite of the fact that Unicron is quite dead at that point.

Hell, even Cyclonus and Sourge, also creations of Unicron, hold a decided contempt for that head-floating-in-space, and have their loyalties to Megatron first and foremost.

Since Megatron no longer has any reason to fear having a sense of pride, why the hell would a warrior as proud as he CONTINUE to acknowledge himself with a name that's tantamount to him being somebody's slave?
Old 2012-02-02, 02:27   Link #231
Nerroth
NePoi!

I actually like the idea which the IDW comics came up for their comic-verse's incarnation of Galvatron; that he's from an ancient generation of Cybertronians from am era before the rise of either Autobots or Decepticons. (In that timeline, he, Cyclonus and others were crewmembers of an ancient Ark commanded by Nova Prime, a few Matrix-bearers removed from Optimus Prime.)
Old 2012-02-15, 18:05   Link #232
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Jesus Skywalker :facepalm:

The man with motor oil for blood is back...

How much more raeping can my childhood take...There is no God, only helicopter sunset scenes....

T_T
Old 2012-02-15, 18:34   Link #233
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well....Optimus could be an Ape.

Old 2012-02-15, 18:56   Link #234
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Jesus Skywalker :facepalm:

The man with motor oil for blood is back...

How much more raeping can my childhood take...There is no God, only helicopter sunset scenes....

T_T
So, we are confirming they are rebooting it then?

Because I thought so. No way would they kill off both Megatron and Starscream like that and stay that way. But who knows what a new reboot would be like.
Old 2012-02-15, 19:19   Link #235
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

Brilliant.
He can go on filming an endless chain of Transformers remakes forever with that strategy.
Truely genius.

Eventually they will have enough training data for the Bay A.I. to take over.
Dhomochevsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-15, 19:22   Link #236
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhomochevsky View Post
Brilliant.
He can go on filming an endless chain of Transformers remakes forever with that strategy.
Truely genius.

Eventually they will have enough training data for the Bay A.I. to take over.
Technically the entire Transformer franchise is nothing but remakes, so for all intent and purposes he would fit right in. But at some point the Military Beats All mentality gets grating. He should just make a G.I.Joe crossover film to justify it.
Old 2012-02-15, 19:39   Link #237
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
So, we are confirming they are rebooting it then?

Because I thought so. No way would they kill off both Megatron and Starscream like that and stay that way. But who knows what a new reboot would be like.
Does it matter VCV? The style of the damn movie will still be Bay's vision and WE ALL KNOW what his vision is and will always be...The hope that someone new would reinvent the franchise is now gone, and that bastard is smiling a Camero spoiler at the premise of d*cking G1ers yet again...So there is no hope...Starscream will resume his role of looking like a $hit trash can...It would have been fun to see somebody come in with a vision where the robots actually TRANSFORM...

Shoutout to Steven Spielberg the executive creator of the Broadway TV sensation NBC's "Smash" and overall a guy who has lost it so bad it isn't even funny anymore...
Old 2012-02-15, 19:55   Link #238
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Does it matter VCV? The style of the damn movie will still be Bay's vision and WE ALL KNOW what his vision is and will always be...The hope that someone new would reinvent the franchise is now gone, and that bastard is smiling a Camero spoiler at the premise of d*cking G1ers yet again...So there is no hope...Starscream will resume his role of looking like a $hit trash can...It would have been fun to see somebody come in with a vision where the robots actually TRANSFORM...

Shoutout to Steven Spielberg the executive creator of the Broadway TV sensation NBC's "Smash" and overall a guy who has lost it so bad it isn't even funny anymore...
As I keep saying, if you pretend all three films are "G.I.Joe: guest-staring the Transformers", the films do work.

It's just that the way the American military have been forced into the plot had become so ridiculous, that there is barely any room left for transformers themselves. You could even say they are no more than weapons wielded by the Americans to crush their enemies. Let's just say the Japanese were rather freaked out at how Optimus carried himself in the last film, and outright calling him no different then a Decepticon.

In the end, that's the best Hollywood had to offer. It's all they got.
Old 2012-02-16, 04:23   Link #239
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Well, I thought Dark of the Moon was tons better than the other two. But it is a bit weird to be going through main actresses like heroine addicts go through needles.

A reboot is ridiculous. I swear that they should just write the movie of the plots like the animated series, since they seem to be making movies like they're episodes of anime anyway.

On a complete side note... does anyone find it vaguely ironic that in Transformers 2 the former leader of the Decepticons joins the Autobots and in Transformers 3 the former leader of the Autobots joins the Decepticons? I think we have a theme going here. If the current pattern holds, the next movie will have Starscream joining the Autobots.... Assuming Starscream's spark is immortal and Meegatron doesn't get revived.
Old 2012-02-16, 05:43   Link #240
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Uh...

I might be wrong, but Jetfire was only a Seeker, not the commander of the Deceptions (the Fallen himself, followed much later on by his descendant Megatron). Jetfire was just an underling who trusted his master too much and realized the consequences of his actions too late.