AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 25 Rating
Perfect 10 133 39.82%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 81 24.25%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 32 9.58%
7 out of 10 : Good 27 8.08%
6 out of 10 : Average 11 3.29%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 10 2.99%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 1.20%
3 out of 10 : Bad 3 0.90%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.30%
1 out of 10 : Painful 32 9.58%
Voters: 334. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-29, 22:41   Link #1061
zalem

Grace....she is a psycho cyborg that has who knows how many spare bodies. It's possible she uploaded herself somewhere else.
Old 2008-09-29, 22:41   Link #1062
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seifall View Post

Before Alto saluted just sheryl and no way he did it with Ranka but now "Ranka got a greeting" ?
Yep, Ranka got a greeting, Sheryl got a salute. Enough said.

Quote:
And people are now comparing Alto's sign from the 10 and the one from the final episode ?
So he really did salute her now ?!
Nope, Mughi just mentioned that the sign keeps a person in character. The greeting in ep 10 was followed by a sign. In ep 25 the salute was followed by the same sign.

To put it simply.

EPISODE 25 = SALUTE TO SHERYL.
EPISODE 10 = GREETING TO RANKA.

Now stop being a horrible troll and a BleachOD wannabe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mughi View Post
Kidding you? I'm often kidding people, but why would I be kidding you here? I just explained what is going on with the character in the scene. What are you questioning? I don't understand if you're confused or being combative... Please clarify.
Read your pm.

in the shadows i lurk... but nevertheless there i am...
Old 2008-09-29, 22:44   Link #1063
Mughi
Wordy b@stard

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
Grace....she is a psycho cyborg that has who knows how many spare bodies. It's possible she uploaded herself somewhere else.
Well, it'd be a little Hydra like, but I suppose it would be possible that they could start the movie with a scene where the fully fold network enabled Grace could download a fresh backup of herself somewhere onboard Frontier right before getting gunned in by Alto, hence the look of resignment...
Old 2008-09-29, 22:46   Link #1064
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

Grace had that look in the end that basically just screamed "I'll come back."

O_o ...or maybe that's just me. XD
Old 2008-09-29, 22:48   Link #1065
Mughi
Wordy b@stard

Quote:
Originally Posted by raile View Post
Grace had that look in the end that basically just screamed "I'll come back."

O_o ...or maybe that's just me. XD
To me it looked like she was resigned to her fate and was basically saying to herself, "Oh, well, I almost got away with it..."

But you could be right... it could have been a "go ahead and shoot me, you can't kill me..." instead.
Old 2008-09-29, 22:50   Link #1066
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Look.

Just let the issue go. It was a salute to Sheryl much like Hikaru's salute was to Misa, no more, no less.

I don't care if people want to stay in the bubble of their own delusions, let them, I suggest for everyone to kindly let the issue rest because the topic is getting retarded, redundant and in case people didn't notice, the horse has been flogged to death. Good day.
Old 2008-09-29, 22:51   Link #1067
zalem

I did think it was also more of a resigned look too. But considering how she is they could always resurrect her if they felt like it.
Old 2008-09-29, 22:51   Link #1068
golthin

I really don't know how i missed the yo. what i find very interesting is that the very observant macross buff in here never noticed that. I know that Sefall couldn't have been the only one that noticed it, but she was the only one that mentioned it.

We are going to have to wait till someone does an interview with Kawamori, i bet the japanese fans have also noticed these things.
Old 2008-09-29, 22:53   Link #1069
Joachim
et tu, brute?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisis View Post
Look.

Just let the issue go. It was a salute to Sheryl much like Hikaru's salute was to Misa, no more, no less.

I don't care if people want to stay in the bubble of their own delusions, let them, I suggest for everyone to kindly let the issue rest because the topic is getting retarded, redundant and in case people didn't notice, the horse has been flogged to death. Good day.
someone arise point that i want to say, cheers
Old 2008-09-29, 22:54   Link #1070
Mughi
Wordy b@stard

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
I really don't know how i missed the yo. what i find very interesting is that the very observant macross buff in here never noticed that. I know that Sefall couldn't have been the only one that noticed it, but she was the only one that mentioned it.

We are going to have to wait till someone does an interview with Kawamori, i bet the japanese fans have also noticed these things.
Its easy to not notice when a character simply does something in a consistent way... its second nature for Alto to flip off a quick, yet official "see ya", but becomes a much more laden gesture in the context of being an homage.
Old 2008-09-29, 22:55   Link #1071
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

There are still so many things about Grace we don't know yet as well as Galaxy and the like. Hopefully the movie will clear up a lot of mysteries that the series didn't. Oh yes, and let's not forget Mr. Bilrer and his Minmei obsession. XDD
Old 2008-09-29, 22:59   Link #1072
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post

The Japanese, Chinese, us... someone would have jumped on it if it was a homage but there wasn't a peep because its not. Golthin, you're being trolled by two people now... by both Kawamori AND Seifall.

---

Anyways it's become clear to me once more that stating the point will get nowhere... I'm also acutely aware I'm feeding the trolls. Oh well, I take my leave at the request of people who want the trolls to starve and find other feeding grounds.

in the shadows i lurk... but nevertheless there i am...
Old 2008-09-29, 23:06   Link #1073
glyph

Who are the three guys standing behind Elmo in the final group shot? The SMS Destroid team?
Old 2008-09-29, 23:20   Link #1074
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to forgottendiary Send a message via MSN to forgottendiary Send a message via Yahoo to forgottendiary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seifall View Post
You're pretty honest here
Don't worry, I'm used to it now

Yes, I did it on purpose.
The homage with Alto and the salute which is like Hikaru's one is indeed pretty intense for most of people here since directly pointed towards the original serie.
The comparison here, is to be done since Sheryl since the beginning was compared to Misa by the major part of people, even Kawamori and Alto is a pilot like Hikaru...
But what bother me here, is that, why at the final episode , when the characters are supposed to find their own way, we still have this parallel between Misa/Sheryl and Alto/Hikaru ?
People talked about Hikaru and Misa's love which was directly showed throught this salute and how Hikaru confessed after that.
Some are making the link, in saying it will happen for Alto and Sheryl on the movie
OK, until here it works, but WHY did Kawamori do this homage with Alto and Ranka ?

Why I'm talking about an homage evn though it wasn't that much in the past ?!
Because this is a tribute to their real charcater without the need to put Minmei /Hikaru in .
We got to see Alto's sign , the same to the one in the 10 where he just blushed when Sheryl asked him to come say a word to Ranka because of the movie.
So in the final episode , he did it in the same way with the same meaning.
Encouraging her, saying he will be alright, saying he is there for her, or it's just a "yo" and thats all ( pretty unlikely since it's the same as the one in the 10 )... everybody can interpret it as they want but the fact is this isn't a parallel to THE past (SDF Macross, Misa/Hikaru) but to THEIR past (Frontier Alto/Ranka).
And I also talked about an EPIC HOMAGE because it was unnoticed...
Kawamori obviously did it on purpose since it was fast, and the thing with the screens and the ships was tacitly made for an explicit meaning.
This is why we were being tricked with this unresolved triangle.....
Which homage is stronger ?! The one which centers to the original serie or the one who focuses on the actual serie..

THAT'S THE QUESTION HERE ....
See this is where it gets even more convenient, because if I follow your line of reasoning, I can argue that every kiss after, hey what do you know, episode 10 between Alto and Sheryl, is a homage to that first kiss--Sheryl making the move (not because she was obliged or that a movie part directed her to) while Alto goes all wide-eyed and stuff. Id est, it's a tribute to their characters only without any necessary parallel to SDF or DYRL. If, because it is so noticeable makes it less of an epic homage is besides the point. I am merely following your train of thought.

/end of feeding
Old 2008-09-30, 00:01   Link #1075
Seifall

Quote:
Originally Posted by raile View Post
@Seifall:

=_= ...

This is clearly going nowhere. So I'll just leave you alone.
---

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightHack View Post
Yep, Ranka got a greeting, Sheryl got a salute. Enough said.

Nope, Mughi just mentioned that the sign keeps a person in character. The greeting in ep 10 was followed by a sign. In ep 25 the salute was followed by the same sign.

To put it simply.

EPISODE 25 = SALUTE TO SHERYL.
EPISODE 10 = GREETING TO RANKA.

Now stop being a horrible troll and a BleachOD wannabe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisis View Post
Look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightHack View Post
The Japanese, Chinese, us... someone would have jumped on it if it was a homage but there wasn't a peep because its not. Golthin, you're being trolled by two people now... by both Kawamori AND Seifall.

---

Anyways it's become clear to me once more that stating the point will get nowhere... I'm also acutely aware I'm feeding the trolls. Oh well, I take my leave at the request of people who want the trolls to starve and find other feeding grounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgottendiary View Post
See this is where it gets even more convenient, because if I follow your line of reasoning, I can argue that every kiss after, hey what do you know, episode 10 between Alto and Sheryl, is a homage to that first kiss--Sheryl making the move (not because she was obliged or that a movie part directed her to) while Alto goes all wide-eyed and stuff. Id est, it's a tribute to their characters only without any necessary parallel to SDF or DYRL. If, because it is so noticeable makes it less of an epic homage is besides the point. I am merely following your train of thought.

/end of feeding

I don't know how I can respond to all those compliments...
" The trolls to starve" ? " the horse has been flogged to death " ? " end of feeding" ?
My.. I'm really pleased...
Oh, by the way, the stupid troll you were feeding is so stupid that he got the show the existence of a greeting which for you simply didn't exist before
The troll wish you a good day
Old 2008-09-30, 00:13   Link #1076
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
@Crisis
Thank you for raising the point yet again here (after in RC... Though I'm at fault in feeding the troll )

As for Grace, I would have to agree that her smile kind of tell me something is still fishy... When I see that kind of smile, I would rather think it as a premonition of "I'm coming back next time". Killroy would be decultured now.

Old 2008-09-30, 00:30   Link #1077
MFSxA

With all due respect, a salute is a salute, you don't need to have a degree in molecular biology to know that the VF made a salute contra-distinguished from the "yo" hand sign in the movie episode.

In the same vein, Sheryl made a salute back. If it was a "yo" what would be her reaction? Another "yo" or her making a verbal statement such as: "hey, hello, yo."

Take it for what it is.

Further the symbolism of a salute is very important. One should ask oneself, why do I salute? In simple terms it is a sign of respect and recognition to a higher degree. In a military environment we add superiority, especially to a higher ranked officer.

Really good use of a homage there for Sheryl. She deserved it either way, the way she acted and held up till the end.

Sheryl, Belldandy, and Rei Ayanami will always be the most memorable anime females in my book. Now if only there was a series with an anime female who is strong, determined, and has a strong self-control like Sheryl; dutiful, kind, and compassionate as Belldandy; mysteriously attractive as Rei Ayanami; and of course the common denominator of looking good - then i'm ready for my next addiction.

5/10 for me. My preference, because if I lose I lose - if I win I win, leaving the triangle unresolved is fail for me.

Gonna wait for the movie and other installments in the future. Good thing my addiction to Rei Ayanami pics is gonna keep me busy at least for this week. They better not f@ck up rebuild of evangelion.

Maybe i'll make an analysis on the characters, just that everything went too fast by the end.

Later or rather till the next installment.
Old 2008-09-30, 00:40   Link #1078
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
@Crisis
Thank you for raising the point yet again here (after in RC... Though I'm at fault in feeding the troll )

As for Grace, I would have to agree that her smile kind of tell me something is still fishy... When I see that kind of smile, I would rather think it as a premonition of "I'm coming back next time". Killroy would be decultured now.
We really don't know what capabilities Grace had at that time. She was able to do many stunning things before. It may well be that it's not her end, that what we saw in episode 25. It may also mean that she's dead. I would prefer to have a different villain in the movie, or at least a descendant of Grace. She was a perfect villain in many aspects. She just got herself the wrong songstress enemies.

AD 2314 Mobile Suit Gundam 00
~A wakening of the Trailblazer~

Old 2008-09-30, 00:45   Link #1079
Westlo
Lets be reality

Obvious troll is obvious, stop being morons.
Old 2008-09-30, 00:53   Link #1080
Father Hentai

it depends on what happened to the ship which joined the vajra fleet at the end of episode 24 and where alto and brera passed in ep 25 to slap grace in the mother bug.

this will be unknown but most movies/films give a small hint that villains survive (small dramar scene). the face zoom before she get sniped may be such a scene but i won't bet a cent on that.

@seifall

watching the salute scene back in front i can say you that your interpretation of the "yo" in the salute scene is wrong for the following reason:

- it lasts not long in comparison to the salute.
- the salute was before that
- it is a coincidence during the seconds when the salute was finished

you have to stopmotion to do such an interpretation you did but it depends on the point of view and i do not think that the director wants the public view every single scene in slowmotion.

as already said a few pages before macross repeats the same story as for 25 years. only with fresh characters and a more modern social behavior which suits to the present.