AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Little Busters

Notices

View Poll Results: Little Busters - Episode 4 Rating
Perfect 10 8 12.90%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 8 12.90%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 27.42%
7 out of 10 : Good 18 29.03%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 11.29%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 4.84%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.61%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-10-30, 14:31   Link #41
monir
cho~ kakkoii

While the art, and direction still remain a problem (and probably will continue to be) I actually became curious toward how the story will unfold thanks to the last couple of minutes.
Old 2012-10-30, 14:34   Link #42
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
While the art, and direction still remain a problem (and probably will continue to be) I actually became curious toward how the story will unfold thanks to the last couple of minutes.
Can I ask what you are specifically referring to here - you became involved to see how Komari's mini-arc will unfold? Or the series itself? Or something else? And what was it in particular about the last few minutes of ep 4 that "hooked" you?
Old 2012-10-30, 14:35   Link #43
Mcfart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
Agreed on both points - I liked Komari from the start, and imnsho Kud's fashion sense is awesome. I highly approve of walking around alot of the time in a fancy hat and a cape, and in fact (I kid you not) I do the same thing myself every day! So total approval and "validation" on my part!

Gah!

You only see Kud as "lolicon bait"?!

Fiend!

Well ... tbh I can kinda see where you are coming from. I just kinda thought she and Komari were adorable, but then I find myself really enjoying all the characters thus far pretty much, so perhaps the difference in our experience thus far lends itself some to my different reaction.

Still ... Kud for me is super kawaii - maybe the most kawaii anime chara for me I have seen since Yayoi of Idolma@ster.... [ponders]

Ninja'd!

P.S. Hate when that happens.
Although I don't think they needed to make another game for Kud, I did her route first in the VN because that cape was so damn cool.
Old 2012-10-30, 14:38   Link #44
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcfart View Post
Although I don't think they needed to make another game for Kud, I did her route first in the VN because that cape was so damn cool.
Thaaaaaat's right!

But after getting hooked by the cap and cape I found myself reading a little bit about her backstory as well (i.e. semi-spoilering myself) and found myself really liking her story/character as well.

So when she debuted in ep 4 I was quite happy!
Old 2012-10-30, 14:39   Link #45
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
Can I ask what you are specifically referring to here - you became involved to see how Komari's mini-arc will unfold? Or the series itself? Or something else? And what was it in particular about the last few minutes of ep 4 that "hooked" you?
It began from when Komari uttered the last name of her "onichan" and then when they go to visit the old-folks home, the old guy Naoe talked to had some interesting things to say about Komari. The old man had the same last name Komari uttered earlier on the roof.
Old 2012-10-30, 19:29   Link #46
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Liked how they had the group go with Komari to the old folks home to make it more group focused. I also like how Rin is getting involved in Komari's route from the beginning part too, gives her more of a main heroine from the start.

I found Kud's scene to a bit out of place too. But maybe it is because it seems like they are rushing forward a bit too soon with Komari. A small part with Riki, when he helped Kud with the boxes was taken out. But I guess he can ask later.

Overall decent , but it just seems like they are pushing forward with Komari a bit too soon. I hope it will be longer than 26 but now that seems like that won't happen if they go this fast.
Old 2012-10-30, 20:42   Link #47
relentlessflame

*Administrator

A lot of the game players have been commenting on how they feel it seems to be moving quickly into a route. I haven't played the game, but if this anime is planning to go through the routes in sequence, then it may make sense to try to weave the common route through the whole story somehow and use the whole team recruitment thing as an anchor to keep the story building as the story goes. Of course, like I said, I'm saying this blindly so perhaps it doesn't make sense given the way the game was setup. But I do think, as an anime-original viewer, doing it this way helps keep my interest up in the story, and gives a bit of a better sense of where this going (and suggests, as suspected, that this isn't really an anime about recrutiing a baseball team, but that there's something deeper going on). So again, from my perspective, I liked the way the episode developed here, even though I recognize the transition into the apparent route content was perhaps a bit less-than-subtle.

Edit: The only thing that I will say in general is that I feel like the anime cuts to narration a little bit too often, and some of the things that are said in the narration seem a little bit obvious. It does remind me a fair bit of playing a VN, but in those games that's sometimes necessary because they can't really portray everything properly with sprites (and not everything gets CGs), but here they sometimes show something and then put a narration line to make sure we understood what we just saw... and it feels maybe a bit redundant sometimes. Granted some of them do contribute as well, so it's not always a bad thing either.
Old 2012-10-30, 21:03   Link #48
Snuffle
likes cute things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcfart View Post
How is this decided anyway? About which character from the original game gets their own sequel (any game, not just Little Busters). First KEY released Tomoyo After and then Kud Wafter. Is there some kinda poll that fans get to vote for which character gets to star in the company's next project?

Anyway, I for one am glad Kud got her own game, she's tied with Haruka as my favorite character, she's just too cute to ignore.
Old 2012-10-30, 21:16   Link #49
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
A lot of the game players have been commenting on how they feel it seems to be moving quickly into a route. I haven't played the game, but if this anime is planning to go through the routes in sequence, then it may make sense to try to weave the common route through the whole story somehow and use the whole team recruitment thing as an anchor to keep the story building as the story goes. Of course, like I said, I'm saying this blindly so perhaps it doesn't make sense given the way the game was setup. But I do think, as an anime-original viewer, doing it this way helps keep my interest up in the story, and gives a bit of a better sense of where this going (and suggests, as suspected, that this isn't really an anime about recrutiing a baseball team, but that there's something deeper going on). So again, from my perspective, I liked the way the episode developed here, even though I recognize the transition into the apparent route content was perhaps a bit less-than-subtle.
I really do understand how non-gamers are fine with the way the story is being told. It is indeed better suited for an anime with episodes released weekly, it helps people stay interested in the series.

However the problem most have is the way they are doing it pretty much eliminates two MAJOR and important parts of the plot. This is of course something only those that have played the VN will understand. But whether you have played the VN or not, taking away super important parts of the plot to make a more anime viewer friendly show is just a bad move in general.
Old 2012-10-30, 23:16   Link #50
Jasque

Well, here in my country non-gamers are not well with how the story is being told in anime...

As the vn readers are more ok with the anime, at least for now, there are even people who didn't play blaming the vn...

For me it is still a little early to judge.
I want to first understand what the anime team is trying to do with the routes.
Old 2012-10-31, 02:57   Link #51
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
However the problem most have is the way they are doing it pretty much eliminates two MAJOR and important parts of the plot. This is of course something only those that have played the VN will understand. But whether you have played the VN or not, taking away super important parts of the plot to make a more anime viewer friendly show is just a bad move in general.
I don't know what these MAJOR parts are (and I don't want to know), but I would assume there's probably another way of doing it if you think outside the box. (The staff said beforehand that this anime would require a "compromise" between the viewers who know the Secret of the World and those who don't -- even though I don't really know what it means.) I guess, when the show is over, I'll be interested to see what was missing, if it was really eliminated. For now, based on everything that was said before the series aired, I am pretty confident that they've thought through how to be as faithful to the overall game story as they can be. But I guess I'll leave it to you game players to speculate in the appropriate thread.
Old 2012-10-31, 05:44   Link #52
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Well, for me, a compromise to what is the MAJOR plot point really is unnecessary like now, I believe that it's still possible to for JC to pull these so-called plot points still...

And back to the proper thread...

While I believe that going for what... Komari's Arc is but proper, I still feel it's a little bit too fast. Maybe it's because it seems to be 2-cour... Either way, it's probably the only way to get LB going... since the characters are just that important in LB just like any other Key work.

Well, Yuiko's saying of "Yosho"... was ... very interesting, to say the least. It was as if she fully supports Yuri. Masato's conversations will (unfortunately) continue to be (possible cryptically) boring... and introductions are still on the way... nothing else really worth mentioning, I guess, except for the really good anime originals like the "Bring everyone to Retirement Home" thing...
Old 2012-10-31, 21:54   Link #53
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

If anyone hasn't done so yet, be sure to check out the "Rockstar Busters!" album. It gives an interesting mix to the BGM, and at the very least I'm pretty sure you'd love "MY BRAVE SMILE" in a rock rendition. That, and the album holds the "Ecstasy Ver." of the opening track, which is arguably the best version.
Old 2013-03-30, 11:19   Link #54
s07195
However,

Hmm, I thought the episode was quite disjointed. And I figured out today that super-cloud cuckoo lander types like Komari aren't really to my liking (as much as some other personality types.)

First anime series where super high-pitched girl voices have been noticable for me (I don't usually pay too much attention to voice-acting.)

EDIT: Thinking about it, the last time a KEY main heroine spoke about a storybook/ story, it ended up quite relevant to the plot. I should pay some attention to this.

EDIT: Really understanding why Kyousuke is so popular after watching this episode. Also, I hope Masato's not going to be reduced to just 'Kinniku yay yay!' and joke weapons fights.

Last edited by s07195; 2013-03-30 at 11:52.
Closed Thread