AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise > Total Eclipse

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-07-24, 17:57   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Total Eclipse - Character Discussion - Inia Sestina

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Inia Sestina related.
To keep the discussion enjoyable for all Total Eclipse fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specifics (i.e. episode, chapter, game, etc. discussion) there are other threads for that stuff.
Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whinging and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourite.

• Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter are always welcome, but harassing people will not be tolerated.

• Discuss, don't chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

• Use Spoiler tags!
    Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN. (Remember: if hasn't happened in the anime, it's a spoiler!)

• Adding a Spoiler tag:
      Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms. Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!

• Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
      Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar. Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators to locate and deal with problems quickly.

• Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
      Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly. The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-07-24 at 18:29.
Old 2012-07-25, 14:31   Link #2
Ray
Garnet

Inia is one character I'd hate to see get NOM'd by the BETA; she's just too adorable and innocent.
Old 2012-07-25, 15:14   Link #3
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Anyone would feel the same way. It'd be heartbreaking to see her suffer in anyway. ;_;
Old 2012-07-25, 16:16   Link #4
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
The innocent (cute) soldier. Why does she have to be there? She's so young ... and adorable..
Old 2012-07-30, 03:13   Link #5
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

The more I look at the two, the more I am minded of Puru and Marinda...

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.
Old 2012-07-30, 04:35   Link #6
Destined_Fate

But Inia isn't annoying like Puru was. I swear whoever made Puru must have really hated their audience.
Old 2013-01-16, 20:37   Link #7
Darthtabby

There's an issue that's been bugging me a bit about Inia's and what she's capable of.

Spoiler for Alternative III Related Stuff:
Old 2013-01-16, 21:25   Link #8
LetsGrowOldTogether

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtabby View Post
There's an issue that's been bugging me a bit about Inia's and what she's capable of.

Spoiler for Alternative/Alternative: Total Eclipse:
Old 2013-01-17, 01:35   Link #9
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtabby View Post

Actually them espers need to be rather close to the target to read their minds. They can't just sweep a wide area around them across a multi kilometer base.

In any case, it was hilarious how many people in the higher ups across all the countries and the UN actually knew about the attack, but sat on it thinking they would wait and see how the others react until it went off early and caught them with their pants down.

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.
Old 2013-01-17, 01:46   Link #10
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

What I loled at Rebirth's Epilogue is that Silvio was sent to Yukon to be in a position to respond to the attack... and arrived after everything was done.

Ditto the Delta Force and Spetsnaz guys forward deployed, as well as the Infinities using the confusion of the attack to blow up the Soviet G-element research site.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-01-17, 05:16   Link #11
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Whoever made Puru must have really hated their audience.
...Tomino. That is all.
Old 2013-01-17, 09:01   Link #12
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
What I loled at Rebirth's Epilogue is that Silvio was sent to Yukon to be in a position to respond to the attack... and arrived after everything was done.

Ditto the Delta Force and Spetsnaz guys forward deployed, as well as the Infinities using the confusion of the attack to blow up the Soviet G-element research site.
Well Yuuko did say that the attack would take place in a few days from reports, but TrollSakon suddenly appeared saying the shit was going down now... which was why Silvio had to rush to the HSST. Looks like he barely made it in time to save some Boeing rep...perhapes the VN will show more.

Old 2013-01-17, 16:17   Link #13
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead

Also, while on the subjects of ESPers: ESP powers can be blocked by something called "Buffwhite Device", which can be apparently concealed as a clothing article. Alternative Chronicles 3 suggests its made from specific combination of alloys (unless that's another, different means of blocking ESP). Given that Master seems to be pretty high-up in the Muv-Luv world, it wouldn't be a surprise if Terrorists in Yukon were equipped with those, if only as a precaution.

It does however explain the large reliance of automated TSFs - besides bolstering the forces of poorly-trained RLF, automated drones cannot be discovered via the ESP "sense" that combat pilots like Cryska and Inia have.

Personally, I'm more curious as to who Inia *really* is....some of the frames suggest that she may be so far the most unstable character yet, which is Muv-Luv verse is quite an achievement.
Old 2013-01-17, 19:06   Link #14
Mazryonh

Did Mamiko Noto get to be on a radio show with Hitomi Nabatame for Total Eclipse? I hear the two of them get along pretty well (having had a lot of experience together when working on School Rumble), to the point that Nabatame called Noto one of her various "wives," so I think they must have had a lot of fun together for Total Eclipse.
Old 2013-01-18, 00:15   Link #15
Darthtabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGrowOldTogether View Post
Spoiler for Alternative/Alternative: Total Eclipse:
Spoiler for Alternative and Total Eclipse:
Old 2013-08-14, 07:35   Link #16
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Why the heck recently Real-Robot anime contain one or another type of Super Soldiers?
Also, Inia is a fragile character in both sense. The military isn't the most suitable place to raise a kid, especially someone sensetive like Inia. Also, in a fan and creator's prespective, she has a lot potential for characterlization. But that isn't a easy job, though. Must be really careful!
Closed Thread

Tags
characters