Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-01-20, 01:38   Link #101
kriez
dAydream slAcker

Send a message via MSN to kriez
people people, somebody help me!! the 2nd time i dl VVV, it still couldn't open!! seriously a virus could not be plaguing the file could it?! *arghx* my dl speed has always been slow so it took me rather long to dl them! yet a 2nd time i could not open VVV ep1!! anybody experiencing the same thing???!
Old 2007-01-20, 01:48   Link #102
Sakuya
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriez View Post
people people, somebody help me!! the 2nd time i dl VVV, it still couldn't open!! seriously a virus could not be plaguing the file could it?! *arghx* my dl speed has always been slow so it took me rather long to dl them! yet a 2nd time i could not open VVV ep1!! anybody experiencing the same thing???!
Which release did you download? Can you explain more about it "not opening"?
Old 2007-01-20, 02:15   Link #103
kriez
dAydream slAcker

i dl [GNU]'s release.. few moments after clicking the file, it said windows explorer had an error, had to close down. i had tried using windows media player, media player classic and realplayer but the file couldn't open, said an error occured and programme had to shut down. was prompted to 'send error report' or 'don't send'. but at least at the corner of the programme b4 it closes i can see that the ep is 24min09s long, which tallies with the 1 in youtube... took me rather long before i find other groups with VVV at http://tokyotosho.com but there ain't any seeders, and the files are a lot larger! the rest are raw i think...!
Old 2007-01-20, 02:20   Link #104
Sakuya
*Artist

Hm...what codec do you use? Does this happen currently with other files?
Old 2007-01-20, 02:29   Link #105
kriez
dAydream slAcker

im not so sure about the codec, but im pretty sure my bro dl it cuz me and my sis worship the subbers and i had no similiar problems with other files..!
Old 2007-01-20, 02:37   Link #106
Sakuya
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriez View Post
im not so sure about the codec, but im pretty sure my bro dl it cuz me and my sis worship the subbers and i had no similiar problems with other files..!
VVV Episode 1 from GNU is encoded with H264 which is different from the norm of XviD or DivX (well, they were the norm). Make sure what codec you used to view video files on your computer. If it's a codec pack such as K-lite Codec Pack, I recommend you uninstall it because I heard it does weird things to your computer. Instead, I recommend CCCP which was created by a fansub group for those who watches fansubs and can play almost any codec that they have out there right now. And I would continue to using Media Player Classic.

Just remember to uninstall all codecs first and do a restart before you install CCCP. Hope this will work.
Old 2007-01-20, 02:52   Link #107
kriez
dAydream slAcker

yar.. media player classic may look boring but it opens all types of files.. checked, mine is K-lite, but im not so sure about uninstalling it though, i guess i have to wait for permission and further advice from my bro, for this is a family computer.. thanks for the CCCP link. if all else fails, i will try it. thanks lots~!!
Old 2007-01-20, 05:18   Link #108
Nergol

Vvvv = Ss

Venus Versus Virus Verdict = So-So

Nice-looking. Slick character designs; very trendy. Stock characterizations. Gratuitous Loli sister - also trendy. Interesting enough to keep me reasonably interested, but nothing special.
Old 2007-01-20, 13:37   Link #109
Guppy

Spoiler for ep. 2 and manga comparisons:

Last edited by Guppy; 2007-01-20 at 13:49.
Old 2007-01-20, 18:06   Link #110
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
I was playing around in photoshop and did this. thought it was a nice image.

Old 2007-01-20, 21:12   Link #111
masama
use the fōrks ~

The first episode was kind of interesting but the second is a bit dull
Spoiler for Episode 2:
Old 2007-01-20, 21:55   Link #112
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

For some reason, my interest has followed the opposite trajectory from other people's here. I wasn't hooked by the first episode, but found the second episode more involving. I liked Chihara Minori's voice in ep2, and Lucia's face. The sadness of Sumire gradually realizing she couldn't resume her former life really hit me. Her "wild" character remains a strong point: nice eyes, nice chuckle. The animation is pretty crude in general, but it works.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2007-01-20 at 22:40.
Old 2007-01-20, 22:52   Link #113
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode 02 - Other World

After the fantastic start to the Venus Versus Virus introduced in episode one, the fast dynamics were downplayed in episode two.

The episode felt slow paced to me, and I didn't get to witness Lucia in action . More or less she was on a break, and the spotlight was casted mostly on Sumire.

I feel upset and grumpy with the amateurish rendering for animation quality that was displayed this week. I particularly feel awkward how they drew the characters' noses with two black strokes when the faces are postioned full front to the camera. They look like a bulge to misproportionately divert attention from the eyes.

An advice to the artists, try drawing the nose strokes with faint or fine lines so as not making the size and appearance of the nose noticeable to the eyes of the viewers.

Now that I'm done explaining the flaws I noticed I can turn my attention to the story.
Spoiler:

I saw the episode in RAW, but I was saved thanks that wrex_japan is blogging this show.

As wrex_japan mentioned in his blog, it's interesting that VSumire and Sumire are attracted to different things, that IMO smelled them beautiful.
Spoiler:

Certainly, VSumire goes insane and wreaks havoc on every creature at sight out of pure violence on par with HIchigo, but unlike the latter she's technically unstoppable.

That is because Sumire while conscious she's not strong enough or maybe sins to be too passive enough to contain her vaccine self once it is unleashed. Like Sumire, Ichigo too is conscious during his transformation but takes him time and effort to subdue his Hollow self, yet at the end he's able to revert back by himself whereas Sumire cannot.

The transformation cannot be undone until VSumire exhausts and depletes her brute power. This is a parallel to when the Incredible Hulk reverts back to Bruce Banner only through extreme fatigue and running out of rage.
Old 2007-01-20, 23:48   Link #114
Cyz
"Show it to me"

But Sumire said that gun she's wielding is a toy in the eyes of the people who can't see the Viruses no? I guess people who see her running with a gun like that would probably go or .

--> Btw, can someone help me find good Lucia pics?
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Old 2007-01-21, 00:07   Link #115
Guppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
For some reason, my interest has followed the opposite trajectory from other people's here. I wasn't hooked by the first episode, but found the second episode more involving. I liked Chihara Minori's voice in ep2, and Lucia's face. The sadness of Sumire gradually realizing she couldn't resume her former life really hit me. Her transformed character remains a strong point. The animation is pretty crude in general, but it works.
I suspect I wouldn't mind as much if I hadn't read the manga first. I really liked the fact that manga-Sumire, although she starts off scared and in over her head, rises gamely to the challenge and gives Venus Vanguard her all. She still has a lot of worries and doubts, but she's determined to keep going and see it all through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
That is because Sumire while conscious she's not strong enough or maybe sins to be too passive enough to contain her vaccine self once it is unleashed. Like Sumire, Ichigo too is conscious during his transformation but takes him time and effort to subdue his Hollow self, yet at the end he's able to revert back by himself whereas Sumire cannot.

The transformation cannot be undone until VSumire exhausts and depletes her brute power. This is a parallel to when the Incredible Hulk reverts back to Bruce Banner only through extreme fatigue and running out of rage.
Spoiler for manga:
Old 2007-01-21, 00:07   Link #116
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Just now I was struck with an epiphany and which would make sense as the plot gets thicker.

Spoiler:
Old 2007-01-21, 03:36   Link #117
kriez
dAydream slAcker

well.. we often see lotsa overused plots and VVV seems just like another. was rather interested in this series and introduced it to my brother but immediately he linked it to D. Gray-mamn, which, is rather true~
all of them exterminates demons/akumas/viruses/bakemono, and Sumire here is a little like Allen, who is in a way cursed, since Sumire has double personalities, while Lucia is like Allen too, cursed. oh hell, cursed in the same way, both possesses a special eye huh.. the plots get recycled over and over again..
Old 2007-01-21, 04:12   Link #118
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz View Post
But Sumire said that gun she's wielding is a toy in the eyes of the people who can't see the Viruses no? I guess people who see her running with a gun like that would probably go or .
naw most normal people would just ignore such a thing by thinking that sumire is off her nut

and yea i can link VvV with D gray man as well ~ akuma = virus and sumire = exorcist ~ the point made by guido about sumire's berserk status evolving is kinda like how allen's weapon evolves...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-01-21, 04:21   Link #119
kriez
dAydream slAcker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
naw most normal people would just ignore such a thing by thinking that sumire is off her nut

and yea i can link VvV with D gray man as well ~ akuma = virus and sumire = exorcist ~ the point made by guido about sumire's berserk status evolving is kinda like how allen's weapon evolves...
yar loh!! i heard d. gray-man's manga is nice, but have not read it so i cant really comment on the anime adaptation but they seriously need to come up with newer types of demons, power, and characters!!
Old 2007-01-21, 11:47   Link #120
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post

As I have seen twice each of the two episodes, I'm realizing little things that I overlooked the first time watching through them.

From the opening footage and animation frames there are established Utena motifs.

The gunfights and shootouts carry over influences from Noir and lesser Chrno Crusade.
I mean unlike Chrno Crusade the shootings do not show amazing lighting effects because of powerful spells loaded in the bullets. The bullets that Lucia uses are loaded with an anti-body or vaccine agent to neutralize Viruses. She simply finds her way, shoots the ugly monsters, and is game won without using too much drama on visual effects.

Also the few persecutions or hide-and-seek chases that I have seen in VVV involve guns much in a similar manner to Noir.

Next we have the obvious comparisons to D.Gray-man: Lucia's cursed eye to identify viruses; I think more of the Viruses an inherent biological agents but fitted with supernatural capabilities, and there has to be a manufacturer who or which is developing and unleashing them upon the mainstream population.

As well like Chrno Crusade and D.Gray-man, VVV has its own foreboding and supernatural apocalypse though the menace looks to me more supernatural-biological.

Last, I just got that feeling that the animation style, rendering, and design reminds a great deal of Shakugan no Shana. This is because in VVV the characters are drawn with such a fashion that makes it noticeable for the viewers to focus on their stylized faces and eyes, and more so since the protagonists are lolis and/or underaged teenagers. For SnS is the same too, a great deal of animation detail is focused upon the character's faces, particularly the eyes, and not to mention that the protagonist is also a prepubescent loli.
Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, shounen