AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2009-05-28, 06:09   Link #1121
Sixth
Hu Tao

Yeah..it seem all he need is confidence...

not to mention, he actually start work out his body since he is child...so I guess this is why he being so powerful at the present.

but still, I think Athena indeed done something on him as well
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-28, 12:30   Link #1122
JMvS
Rawrrr!

wasn't there something about unleashing his true potential?
Old 2009-05-28, 20:38   Link #1123
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMvS View Post
wasn't there something about unleashing his true potential?
She said she only healed his body. She also said Hayate was already quite strong, but that he hadn't realised that much yet. I guess that by healing his body, she also somehow made him be able to control all his strength.
Old 2009-05-29, 09:07   Link #1124
leoblack9
Your fagottry, I hate it!

Hayate was born with that innate strength already, and according to his very lovable and reliable parents, he was named Hayate so he would be strong and would be able to run away from his debt collectors.

And as stated by Athena herself, Hayate already has that inner strength. It's just his body wasn't functioning properly because of something wrong, which she healed anyway.

I've got lots of speculations and wild guesses about what would happen in the story. Honestly, I feel like I've daydreamed nothing else but the possible outcomes and events in this manga... since 2 months ago and still dreaming about it, which was rather disturbing...

Some wild speculations
  • Parthenon - I felt that this place would have a special event reserved to it. It's a temple built for the Goddess Athena, coincidence? I think not.
  • When they hear their past - I've been itching to see everyone's look in their faces when they hear about Hayate and Athena's past.
  • King's Key - So far there are 3 keys mentioned in the story, 1 is worn by Hayate. Another is passed to Wataru from his mom, and the last one.. may still owned by Athena. It may be the Key to the Royal Garden (which I think contains lots and lots of treasures)

Feel free to correct or criticize me for my wild speculations, these things just clogged my mind for 2 months anyway.

Gosh I became too lazy as a lurker and posted already whatever was on my mind.
leoblack9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-29, 12:52   Link #1125
Used Can

I think a potential owner for the 3rd key may also be Mikado.

Some questions that remain unanswered as well:

- A certain King Midas mentioned in the character files in volume 18. (The info said he had 1 daughter. Perhaps, that daughter is Athena?)
- There was also that mysterious coffin Hayate found. What may be hidden within it?
- The ring Athena gave Hayate. Will he ever find it? That ring didn't look like a regular ring, and it seemed to be really important to Athena. Perhaps, it has some special properties?
- Himegami
- Hayate's brother, where is he?
- What does Isumi know about the Royal Garden?
Old 2009-05-29, 13:05   Link #1126
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Wasn't the stone on the ring A-tan gave to Hayate similar to the King's Key's?
Old 2009-05-29, 17:44   Link #1127
sr7olsniper
Urzu 0

We have no idea for sure, since Hayate's parents were kind enough to sell the freaking item before we even knew more about it. Seriously i hope thye just show the parents again just to get run over by a train or something.
sr7olsniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-29, 19:34   Link #1128
leoblack9

Well, judging from the way the series flows, I say some unsuspecting character would possibly have it (Ex. Tama, would very much surprise me if he had it), and supplemented with a reason which makes little to no sense. If the Author plans to take the series into a serious route, then I would be glad.
Old 2009-05-29, 22:12   Link #1129
vixens

if u consider A-tan and hayate breaking up and when she kicked him out and that she regretted it,and still has feelings for hayate,it wouldnt surprise me if they got back together
vixens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-29, 23:06   Link #1130
leoblack9

Quote:
if u consider A-tan and hayate breaking up and when she kicked him out and that she regretted it,and still has feelings for hayate,it wouldnt surprise me if they got back together
So far in the present she has shown no regret about it, but the other way around. She still dreams of their past events as shown in some recent chapters, and considers it detestable. So I'm pretty neutral on whether she hates or still loves him. I'm speculating that they would have a little talk, fight, talk again, then some tragic event will occur.

Last edited by leoblack9; 2009-05-29 at 23:07. Reason: my mind is still daydreaming different stuff
Old 2009-05-29, 23:16   Link #1131
vixens

but shed have the edge of the other girls since she was his first love,and would make it better if he got the ring back
Old 2009-05-29, 23:28   Link #1132
leoblack9

Don't worry, I think nothing will happen to Hayate with other girls. Some of them may date him (Hina and Hamster is in this) but in the end by some compelling reason Hayate turns them down. Why? Hayate still has someone else in his mind. The cause of a development in the story is the knowing about each other, which none of the girls have, except you know who. In other words, nobody else knows what he really feels inside that heart of his.

Don't know about the ring though, refer to my earlier post about that.
Old 2009-05-29, 23:31   Link #1133
-Breakthrough-

Athena meeting or running into either hamster or hina would be shit hillarious

but yeah, as much as I like all of the charas in this manga (except hayate's douchebag parents), I'm honestly rooting for athena x hayate

I'm still somewhat supporting of that wacky theory with hayate's older brother being with yuka at some point but hey, who knows
-Breakthrough- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-30, 00:04   Link #1134
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoblack9 View Post
So far in the present she has shown no regret about it, but the other way around. She still dreams of their past events as shown in some recent chapters, and considers it detestable. So I'm pretty neutral on whether she hates or still loves him. I'm speculating that they would have a little talk, fight, talk again, then some tragic event will occur.
But what if A-Tan is Tsundere as well?

It would be make sense if she trying to hide her feeling.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-30, 00:25   Link #1135
leoblack9

Quote:

It would be make sense if she trying to hide her feeling.
Hmmm, she may or may not be a tsundere. In the past they were living alone so she would be able to be in deredere mode forever without any disturbances. Okay I correct myself, she was also tsuntsun back in the past, she apparently beats him up often and always followed by cute moments. But I don't know about the present, since there's no reunion yet.
Old 2009-05-30, 00:35   Link #1136
vixens

hayate still never apologized to her in the end of the world arc,he could get on her good side if he showed remorse lol
Old 2009-05-30, 00:42   Link #1137
leoblack9

That's the easiest way, but I doubt it will be peaceful. For the likes of Hayate, a butt kicking would just be around the corner from either A-tan or Nagi/Hina.
Old 2009-05-30, 00:45   Link #1138
vixens

either way u look at it he always does get butt kicking lol,but as i was trying to mean is he should try to fix what he had then to start a new relationship to only end it at some point
Old 2009-05-30, 00:52   Link #1139
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoblack9 View Post
She still dreams of their past events as shown in some recent chapters, and considers it detestable.
Hmm... actually, based on what she said in that scene in chapter 187, it seems the dream she had was about the day in which she and Hayate had that fight, since she talked about a particular day only. So, that may be the reason behind her finding that dream detestable. Anyone would think the same of a dream that makes you recall a sad memory like that one, no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
That's impossible. One main aspect of tsunderes is that they never are straightforward with their feelings, and one of Athena's main aspects is that she's the only girl in the story who's been straightforward with hers (well, there's also Ayumu, but she's much shier).
Old 2009-05-30, 01:40   Link #1140
leoblack9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Hmm... actually, based on what she said in that scene in chapter 187, it seems the dream she had was about the day in which she and Hayate had that fight, since she talked about a particular day only. So, that may be the reason behind her finding that dream detestable. Anyone would think the same of a dream that makes you recall a sad memory like that one, no?
Well, she never mentioned what she dreamt about anyway so we have no further proof for that (she probably hates him now, so whatever event she dreamt with him is detestable, and I think what she dreamt of isn't limited to Hayate only, who knows, she may have dreamt of the day Mikado stole the gems from her).She has far too many mysteries so it'd be a treat for us if they'd get together again.

Tags
comedy, shounen