3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.27%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-30, 16:14   Link #21
Slice of Life
eyewitness

So I heard, frequently as of late, Japanese anime have been appearing illegally on this internet thing that is so popular among the young folk these days.
Old 2009-07-30, 16:31   Link #22
Mr. Anime

Holo sucks (if i write holo i think about hollows in bleach), Horo FTW.
nevertheless a good episode which was important for the plot. unfortunately time went by pretty fast and all we could see was business talk (not enough horo), although i rly liked this side of lawrence.
but what about that marriage certificate? it adds more painful drama to the story^^
Old 2009-07-30, 16:40   Link #23
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
That is also a trait shared between both Lawrence and Amati but Lawrence is fortunate enough that he has close friends to give him hints on where else he could look for help whereas Amati hasn't shown himself to be relying on anyone. In that sense I believe that Amati is more gutsy and natural talented as a businessman than Lawrence (unless his side of the story is shown that says otherwise).
Buy low, sell high. If it's just about that, I also believe Amati is better than Lawrence. But his people skills are inferior (he's been there for how long? And he's still considered an outsider.).

Also, he's more straight-laced than Lawrence. That could play tricks on him.
Old 2009-07-30, 16:44   Link #24
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Excellent episode while the lack of Horo was disappointing I enjoyed seeing Lawrence recovering from the last week's ordeal and then trying to beat Amati at his own game.

I can't wait to see the conclusion next week.
Indeed. This episode shows how awesome the show can be even without any Horo at all. Very good episode, though it went by so fast. Did anyone else think that?

& lol at the Holo spelling.
Old 2009-07-30, 16:47   Link #25
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Yeah, I couldn't believe it was the end of the ep when it happened.

Also, at some point, I totally thought Lawrence was about to start throwing geasses around...
Old 2009-07-30, 17:02   Link #26
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Buy low, sell high. If it's just about that, I also believe Amati is better than Lawrence. But his people skills are inferior (he's been there for how long? And he's still considered an outsider.).

If we convert the business side of things into common language terms today.... Amati is trying to get rich quick on a bubble in "[not so] precious metals" while Laurence is countering him with futures trading - ie he's "shorting" pyrite.

Looking at it from a wider angle, if lots of merchants from the region (many of whom are only there for the festival and would normally buy wheat) speculate in a bubble that's almost certain to collapse sooner or later, then pretty much all the merchants except Amati could make a huge loss which could have a significant effect on the region - it could cause a collapse in the local economy. It would hardly make him popular.

Personally, I find Amati's money making scheme rather unpleasant...

Anyway, will be interesting to see what twists are left in store...
Old 2009-07-30, 17:08   Link #27
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Amati hasn't created the bubble. He's just riding it like everyone.

Lawrence's plan to purposely crash the market, OTOH, could make him unpopular with the losers, if they catch on...

But really, caveat emptor. They all know it's just a bubble, a fad, and they're trying to make the best of it.
Old 2009-07-30, 17:30   Link #28
Riful
Of The West

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
So this makes Holo official I suppose.... gah! I hate that, it just sounds wrong saying it out loud.
I'm repeating myself, but still ... you can pronounce both Horo and Holo exactly the same way. Listen to Vexx and don't focus too much on the romaji.
Old 2009-07-30, 18:20   Link #29
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Also, at some point, I totally thought Lawrence was about to start throwing geasses around...
It was because of the evil look he was giving, right?
Old 2009-07-30, 18:21   Link #30
Lightly_Toasted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riful View Post
I'm repeating myself, but still ... you can pronounce both Horo and Holo exactly the same way. Listen to Vexx and don't focus too much on the romaji.
The thing I worry about with the Dub is they will pronounce it like Holo. All I can picture is in one piece, how the Pirate Hunter Zoro, is called Zolo.*Shudders*
Old 2009-07-30, 18:28   Link #31
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:

Yeah I'd say Lawrence's people skills do make him a better merchant overall. Merchants aren't just existing in their own little universe they have to interact with others to survive. Amati is good on his own, but Lawrence is able to make friends and use those connections. Really it's the smart thing to make use of others rather than just going it alone.

It all depends on how you break down a merchant's skill. In certain areas Amati is better, and in others Lawrence has the advantage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
It was because of the evil look he was giving, right?
Yeah he was not a happy guy in this episode. Not a good idea to mess with him considering what he's just gone through.
Old 2009-07-30, 19:39   Link #32
israfel070

Pyrite is Beanie Babies.
Old 2009-07-30, 21:12   Link #33
SwiftStrike
Reaching for the Heavens

Keep in mind Lawrence is older and has more experience than Amati does
Old 2009-07-30, 21:22   Link #34
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
It's good that Amati still has the excuse of being "young and inexperienced" as his people skills does suck. Just wait until this young lad grows up and gains a fanbase and connections.

But well, I'm beginning to dub him as a "poor guy" since Lawrence is going to lay a smackdown on him soon.

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2009-07-30, 21:35   Link #35
kniteowl

Hmmm... all Amati & Lawrence's duel remind me of future/forward contracts and hedging that I've been studying in my Uni papers lol.

a pretty slow episode but that's what I should expect for the setup for the conclusion to this arc.
Old 2009-07-30, 21:41   Link #36
Somnus
Eh?

Now this is one of my greatest loves finally coming around to this season...Lawrence's merchant strategies going full throttle. The guy's determined, and I'm loving it. When he's serious, he aims for the fence...which kinda reminds me of movies like 21, and the Ocean series. Can't wait to see how this plays out.

P.S. His look of death is freaking awesome. If this was One Piece, that guy would've collapsed from the overwhelming Haki blast. Though to give it a better comparison, let's just give him Geass instead.

P.P.S Oh yeah...let's not talk about Horo (none of this Holo garbage, I blame Amati for that) and her antics this ep.
Old 2009-07-30, 23:26   Link #37
Intranetusa
Pedites Extraordinarii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
I'd say that Lawrence's over active personality is his downfall

And so the epic showdown has begun huh...it certainly seems like Amati doesn't have much support in this game sadly. At least Lawrence has insider information coming from Mark, which makes me think...Amati is actually a better businessman than Lawrence if you take into account only using their own abilities.

Not enough Horo this week...makes me sad D:

Yeh I don't like the personality change season 2 has done to Lawerence. In the first season, Lawerence was calm and usually non-nonchalant. Now he is overly emotional...
bleh
Old 2009-07-31, 00:33   Link #38
Jski

It was good and if i understand the economies a bit better i think i would of enjoyed it more but i did not. Any one here knew what they where talking about? I would love to know.
Old 2009-07-31, 00:59   Link #39
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Yeah I'd say Lawrence's people skills do make him a better merchant overall. Merchants aren't just existing in their own little universe they have to interact with others to survive. Amati is good on his own, but Lawrence is able to make friends and use those connections. Really it's the smart thing to make use of others rather than just going it alone.

It all depends on how you break down a merchant's skill. In certain areas Amati is better, and in others Lawrence has the advantage.
Overall? Well, if you look at the bottom line, Amati was able to make money in a much shorter time than Lawrence, and without the help of a wolf goddess to boot.

OTOH, it does mean he doesn't have Lawrence's experience of taking falls.
Old 2009-07-31, 01:28   Link #40
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Downloading it right now, but based on the posts on this thread I'm assuming Lawrence is going to be playing the Xanatos Roulette in his desperate bid to get Horo back.
Closed Thread