Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-07-16, 12:58   Link #1
llama

Send a message via AIM to llama
Sweet Romance

I'm looking for a really good, sweet romance anime to download. One that's not ecchi or fanservice or anything like that. (Is that even POSSIBLE anymore???) Yeah...no perverted stuff, just geniune sweetness.
Old 2004-07-16, 13:11   Link #2
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Full Moon wo Sagashite fits your description nicely, and you should also try Kita He ~ Diamond Dust Drops ~ (get it fast, there's very few seeds remaining >_< ).

Also Kanon if you haven't watched it already.
Old 2004-07-16, 15:17   Link #3
Bracken33

Perhaps you should take a look into Ultra Maniac .
The main focus is at first not really on romance but it is a very sweet anime. There is more romance in the final episodes.
It starts with friendship, schoolkids and witches.

I cannot really remember any fanservice or ecchi scenes.

If you do not mind Shoujo-ai you should definately watch Maria-sama ga miteru .
It is about girls visiting a catholic school (ok, no REAL catholic school) and of course also about their normal life.
Main focus is on their relationships and friendships.
Almost no fanservice (very, very, very little nudity), no ecchi scenes at all. Imho it is very romantic. Sweeeeeeeet ...
Old 2004-07-16, 15:57   Link #4
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

Da Capo is a nice choice, though there is some light fanservice (a beach episode and a hot springs episode, no nudity though)
Old 2004-07-16, 16:02   Link #5
7thMethuselah

try Kanon, it has absolutely no ecchi in it. Also Da Capo is a good choice, it's not ecchi eithr, just has a beach episode that's all. Apart from that you may wanna give Boys Be a try or even To Heart.
Old 2004-07-16, 16:15   Link #6
curlyconnor

Kimi ga Nozomu Eien is a totally kickass romance, but it certainly isn't sweet. It's emotional, but in a very painful and memorable way. Surprisingly little fanservice, althouth there is some sex, and some nudity is revealed (although it's not in a perverted way, and every sex scene is EXTREMELY relevant to the plot, and is used more to represent or contrast the characters' situations and feelings). It starts out sweet, and that's all I'm going to tell you. But definitely recommended on my part.
Old 2004-07-16, 19:47   Link #7
sothis

i personally am one of only a few people that thought kanon was a huge pile of vomitous mass. completely generic and fake sad in basically every way. ugh.

i'd personally recommend two series:

Boys Be

and

Kita he ~Diamond Dust Drops~

both of these have a REMARKABLY similar feel, though kita he isn't focused 100% on romance. both have an extremely sentimental type feel, so the romance aspects are definitely sweet, as you mentioned.
Old 2004-07-16, 22:46   Link #8
llama

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'll check some of them out. I have seen Da Capo and Kanon...Sorry to say that I found myself somewhat disgusted with both of them.. You could tell that they're based on dating games... Isn't Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien based on one as well? I have heard it's very good though. Exactly how...er...graphic...is it? Because I have 3 younger siblings, and usually when I'm watching something, at least one of them is right there watching with me! I can't really avoid it. And I don't just want to be like "you shouldn't be watching this" because what would it look like if I say they can't watch it, and yet I am? I'm their big sis, so I gotta be a good example.
Old 2004-07-16, 23:35   Link #9
VooI)oo-Magic
Nice Guy

I just saw KGNE and its really dramatic, but i did find it that good. It has quite a few sex scenes and the sex scene torwards the end shows breast but doesnt show the nipple and she moans a little too. I didnt find it neccessary for the sex scenes but oh wells. so i do no reccomend watching KGNE with your younger siblings.

I also reccomend Full Moon. Although i havent watched it yet, one of my good friend told me that is really really good and i take her word too. So check it out.
Old 2004-07-17, 00:45   Link #10
llama

Quote:
Originally Posted by VooI)oo-Magic
I just saw KGNE and its really dramatic, but i did find it that good. It has quite a few sex scenes and the sex scene torwards the end shows breast but doesnt show the nipple and she moans a little too. I didnt find it neccessary for the sex scenes but oh wells. so i do no reccomend watching KGNE with your younger siblings.

I also reccomend Full Moon. Although i havent watched it yet, one of my good friend told me that is really really good and i take her word too. So check it out.
Ah. Ok. Thanks for the info. Sounds like that one is off my list! And thanks for telling it like it is. Some people are too sketchy on those descriptions so I really don't know exactly how bad it is!
Old 2004-07-17, 00:53   Link #11
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

To clear up a misconception about KGNE...

It's a mature drama anime, the sex scenes are, for the most part, no different than what you would see on prime-time network television. During the whole series you get a total of about 5 very short intimate moments and several others insinuating the act. Only once does that act ever deplict more than just hints of skin.

It's not a graphic ordeal in the sexual act, and the scenes are actually very important to the progression of the story. While I agree that it shouldn't be watched with less mature people around, don't let the misconception that it has intimate scenes in it and confuse it with being a hentai.
Old 2004-07-17, 01:02   Link #12
Imazul

Dont watch Ultra Maniac, magic schoolgirl anime = evil! pure evil!
Old 2004-07-17, 03:09   Link #13
wao
OK.

Er... Rose of Versailles is an old old classic anime set in the French REvolution period, including historical characters and has got drama and other things, as well as romance - it may seem soap-opera-ish but it's not that bad. Then again, it's not sweet... :x

Oh, oh oh, you have to watch this Studio Ghibli produced movie called "Mimi wo Sumaseba" (If you listen closely). It's English title is, I think, "Whisper of the Heart"... But it hasn't been released in English yet, I think ^^; You should find some way to watch this gem, it's so lovely... and yes, it's sweet enough withotu being vomit-like-sweet. It's classic! Come on, it's Studio Ghibli, do I need to say anything else :P (and yes, it does have romance - in case you're interested, this wasn't really directed by Miyazaki, I think...)
Old 2004-07-18, 20:15   Link #14
curlyconnor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCntry
To clear up a misconception about KGNE...

It's a mature drama anime, the sex scenes are, for the most part, no different than what you would see on prime-time network television. During the whole series you get a total of about 5 very short intimate moments and several others insinuating the act. Only once does that act ever deplict more than just hints of skin.

It's not a graphic ordeal in the sexual act, and the scenes are actually very important to the progression of the story. While I agree that it shouldn't be watched with less mature people around, don't let the misconception that it has intimate scenes in it and confuse it with being a hentai.
Also, depending on how young your siblings really are, it'll either go way over their heads, or really make them sad. Before watching KgNE, you've gotta make sure you can handle extreme bits of emotion. More on the sex scenes, I'd say there are about six, none are between married couples, but only one is with highschoolers (and, they happen to be in the last few weeks of their senior year ). Most are about 1 1/2-2 minutes long, and don't show more than the very hints of breasts. The only real bad one is, after one of the sex scenes, the woman sits up in bed to carry on a conversation that is relevant to the story. Obviously, you see her fully exposed breasts for about 30 seconds, but they are very nondescript, and the intent was for viewers to be listening to what she was saying, not staring at her breasts. So, KgNE is certainly not a hentai, nor an ecchi (the fanservice level is practically nil). But it is mature, so I'd pass as long as those siblings are around. But do see it, asap!
Old 2004-07-19, 23:34   Link #15
NarutoHead

Send a message via AIM to NarutoHead
You should really get Boys Be.

One of my faves. and Kimi...not too graphic just a couple of scenes.

find some time to watch it though if you can, it's good.
Closed Thread