AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-08-17, 04:13   Link #19401
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubix91 View Post
'Moe' is 'moe'. It's that feeling you get when you look at something and say to yourself, 'Wow! That's moe!'

You can't create 'moe'. You have to realize it. Something that is 'moe' has always been 'moe', and if you fail to realize it, it's because you just didn't think of it a certain way. What may be 'moe' to one person may not be 'moe' to another, but that doesn't matter. What counts is that you yourself have that gut feeling of what defines 'moe'.
Oh, yeah, that's the Daily lives of HSB theory
Old 2012-08-17, 04:16   Link #19402
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Assassin View Post
Eh? Then I must be blind I guess or I just have no taste.
No man, it's not a problem with your eyes or tongue- Moe is a feeling, so it's a problem with your heart

It's time to see the Wizard...
Old 2012-08-17, 06:38   Link #19403
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Ah, I see. That means I have no heart that I am unable to feel the force of moe. It's okay, I consider that a praise.

Talking about Danshi Koukousei, it's a favorite. I'm into it mostly for "dudes doing dude things."

Speaking of which, I still have this dream of seeing Kamachi doing a spin-off of the Delta Force's school. Many needs to know on why his school is BEST SCHOOL EVER despite what Touma may Fukou Da about. << trying hard to be on topic.

Hell, the school is aptly called "A Certain High School," so it's a-OK!

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2012-08-17, 10:00   Link #19404
Ashaman

Quote:
Ah, I see. That means I have no heart that I am unable to feel the force of moe. It's okay, I consider that a praise.

Talking about Danshi Koukousei, it's a favorite. I'm into it mostly for "dudes doing dude things."

!
I can get behind that sentiment.

I'm kind of tired of all the female focus in anime, especially Slice of Life anime.

I mean, for every important character that is male, there will be 3 or 4 important female characters.

About 90% of the time spent on character development will be for the female characters. 9% will be for the MC (if male), and will inevitably be in the last 2 episodes. The other 1% will be for any other male characters.

Series with a totally female cast - chances are its nothing but cute girls doing cute things, which is boring, because there is very little goal, drama or conflict.

Well, its not like there aren't exceptions.

But I mean, how many series have you watched that follow that formula, where when you've finished you realize nothing of any particular note has happened (or things only happen at the beginning and end, with whole stretches of episodes of meaningless waffle), the characters have either stayed the same or changed in the same way as 100 others, and in the end the entire reason you have any affection for it was because "Its moe.". Especially recently. And I'm geting sick of it.

Anyway, Danshi Koukousei was a breath of fresh air in that regard. At least its meaningless conversations had punchlines, and it was filled with jokes.
Old 2012-08-17, 10:26   Link #19405
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Eh? Then I must be blind I guess or I just have no taste. Usually for series like this, I put my attention more on the main males to care about the girls, Touma filling the most of it for me. Hmm. Maybe I have this "MC moe" going on?

Maybe I should do more bromance in my fanworks. Hell, I might be able to pander to a fujoshi friend of mine with it.
Hoho, just try with cute things then, the cutest is moe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
I can get behind that sentiment.

I'm kind of tired of all the female focus in anime, especially Slice of Life anime.

I mean, for every important character that is male, there will be 3 or 4 important female characters.

About 90% of the time spent on character development will be for the female characters. 9% will be for the MC (if male), and will inevitably be in the last 2 episodes. The other 1% will be for any other male characters.

Series with a totally female cast - chances are its nothing but cute girls doing cute things, which is boring, because there is very little goal, drama or conflict.

Well, its not like there aren't exceptions.

But I mean, how many series have you watched that follow that formula, where when you've finished you realize nothing of any particular note has happened (or things only happen at the beginning and end, with whole stretches of episodes of meaningless waffle), the characters have either stayed the same or changed in the same way as 100 others, and in the end the entire reason you have any affection for it was because "Its moe.". Especially recently. And I'm geting sick of it.

Anyway, Danshi Koukousei was a breath of fresh air in that regard. At least its meaningless conversations had punchlines, and it was filled with jokes.
Yeah, I agree there, is hard to find a SoL with actual enjoyable characters.
Old 2012-08-17, 16:57   Link #19406
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Wilfriback: With cute as in shotas and/or traps? Sure why not. I'll consider that recommendation. Ue he he he he.

Ashaman: KOMRADE! But yeah. ... Also, Unlucky Star is taking forever to update... *at the same time, stares at Ashaman for no reason... or maybe not*

Old 2012-08-17, 19:10   Link #19407
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Wilfriback: With cute as in shotas and/or traps? Sure why not. I'll consider that recommendation. Ue he he he he. ]
I didn't know you were into that...don't worry, I won't criticize you or your tastes so be at ease.
Old 2012-08-17, 19:11   Link #19408
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

You people are all weird.

*Goes back to reading C82 doujins...*
Old 2012-08-17, 21:17   Link #19409
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
I didn't know you were into that...don't worry, I won't criticize you or your tastes so be at ease.
Nah, I wasn't serious. If anything, I'd like the onee-san approaching young boys route.

In all honesty, I like to know "what happens next" instead of "who's this character, he/she/it looks cute." Character interactions are like topping for me, so yeah. Index series has been chill with that for me.

In fact, my interest in this series picked up after hearing a certain character interaction with another, and that was after Toradora ended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
You people are all weird.

*Goes back to reading C82 doujins...*
Maybe I should be a bit weirder if it means getting an amusing reaction from you Chaos. You never cease to amuse.

Old 2012-08-18, 01:51   Link #19410
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Speaking of which, I still have this dream of seeing Kamachi doing a spin-off of the Delta Force's school. Many needs to know on why his school is BEST SCHOOL EVER despite what Touma may Fukou Da about. << trying hard to be on topic.
That's a very interesting idea you got there. He should just publish a 4-koma in Monthly Gangan or Gangan Online or something : "The Daily lives of The Delta force". Sure it will be a big hit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
-snip-
There's also the fujoshi stuffs, you know ... it's full of dudes ... >.> ... nevermind.
Old 2012-08-18, 02:08   Link #19411
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Fujoshis aren't all that different, actually, when it comes to characters' overall appearance... only it's about the male characters. Not even Danshi Koukousei is safe from them for that matter. And there's the Delta Force... and with the power of fujoshi, even Shiage can be very handsome.

Old 2012-08-20, 23:25   Link #19412
Phibrizzo
Honos628

Quick question

On Railgun SS novel.

Mixcoatls are stated to be over mach 2, on the toaru wikia is mach 1.

The satellite is stated to cover a 1km area on 1 and in the novel 10km.

Which is the correct info?
Old 2012-08-21, 03:01   Link #19413
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phibrizzo View Post
Quick question

On Railgun SS novel.

Mixcoatls are stated to be over mach 2, on the toaru wikia is mach 1.

The satellite is stated to cover a 1km area on 1 and in the novel 10km.

Which is the correct info?
When in doubt, trust the LNs. I personally think the LNs are more reliable than any wiki.
Old 2012-08-21, 03:05   Link #19414
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

And when in extra doubt, check more than one translation

They can't ALL screw it up
Old 2012-08-21, 03:05   Link #19415
Sumeragi
Banned

Ball Dance.
Old 2012-08-21, 03:19   Link #19416
Welsh_Dragon
The Red Dragon Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Ball Dance.
heheheh...I wondered when someone would say that. On a related note, did that mistake ever get fixed on the wikia?
Old 2012-08-21, 03:20   Link #19417
Sumeragi
Banned

Yes. I remember when I had to pound the fact that Pole Dance was not Ball Dance
Old 2012-08-21, 03:57   Link #19418
Welsh_Dragon
The Red Dragon Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Yes. I remember when I had to pound the fact that Pole Dance was not Ball Dance
Did you use Violence Doughnut and various fighting styles to get the point across?
Old 2012-08-22, 11:18   Link #19419
Breidaluk

Well, we could say it was pole dance basing in Heavy Object. Kamachi has the habit of writting similar things in his works. We can take the pole dance as an example because it appears in Heavy Object(vol 2 chapter 2) too and the V-shaped swimsuit(railgun SS2) in A Simple Survey(Aisu's case).
Old 2012-08-25, 09:12   Link #19420
Syed_Seinaru_Migi

When the new volume index NT5 novel came out...sorry if this question been ask before......???

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen