AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Music

Notices

Old 2013-06-27, 04:51   Link #21
Wanderer Blue
Wanderer of the Mist

Well all i see is that Korean girls seem to have a more western features and symmetry to their look. Now this is just me extrapolating but perhaps the reason why they are found to be more attractive might have to do with the west's influence on the diction of the standard of beauty. I acknowledge that the east has for the most part a culture of its own but we can not deny that the west's sphere of cultural influence has inevitably left its mark on the world's view of beauty. Well that's my view on the subject but then again my knowledge of cultural history is very handicapped when it comes to the post-industrial world.

"Wander Sweet Bird, wander from this sorrow that cages you."- Ly
Wanderer Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-27, 05:51   Link #22
blade82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer Blue View Post
Well all i see is that Korean girls seem to have a more western features and symmetry to their look. Now this is just me extrapolating but perhaps the reason why they are found to be more attractive might have to do with the west's influence on the diction of the standard of beauty. I acknowledge that the east has for the most part a culture of its own but we can not deny that the west's sphere of cultural influence has inevitably left its mark on the world's view of beauty. Well that's my view on the subject but then again my knowledge of cultural history is very handicapped when it comes to the post-industrial world.
kpop girl looks like slut and they are all (maybe) fake just look at the miss Korea contest and see if you can rcongize a girl between another one
blade82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-27, 07:12   Link #23
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade82 View Post
kpop girl looks like slut and they are all (maybe) fake just look at the miss Korea contest and see if you can rcongize a girl between another one
Coz they share the same make up artist.... lolss
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-27, 18:03   Link #24
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Coz they share the same make up artist.... lolss
Truth be told. That and same person tweaking the pictures.
Afternoon Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-27, 20:13   Link #25
Wanderer Blue
Wanderer of the Mist

Quote:
fair enough, though it is what sells is it not?

Old 2013-06-27, 20:21   Link #26
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
People are attracted to cute sluts...
Old 2013-06-27, 20:29   Link #27
Wanderer Blue
Wanderer of the Mist

And that is the world we live in now, funny enough in the middle ages women of greater girth were found to be attractive XD.

Old 2013-06-27, 20:33   Link #28
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
And that is the world we live in now, funny enough in the middle ages women of greater girth were found to be attractive XD.
I prefer a wife that is a potential good mother.. and not some house decor and sex toy....
Old 2013-06-27, 20:45   Link #29
Wanderer Blue
Wanderer of the Mist

In that we can both agree, character over looks is the way to go XD

Old 2013-06-27, 21:14   Link #30
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I prefer a wife that is a potential good mother.. and not some house decor and sex toy....
... You people do realize that these are human beings right...? I know that when it comes to idols looks are taken into more consideration than talent... but let's not throw demeaning names around at young girls who are constantly told that they're not good enough, constantly told that their image is the most important thing, and act like they are somehow less human because they're told to strive to live up to these unrealistic standards shoved down their throats. Just because a girl has a "sexy" image in the media doesn't mean she should be reduced to being seen as house decor or as a sex toy in real life... half if not most of the time whatever image they have isn't even entirely up to them to decide. So this whole conversation leaves a bit of a bitter taste in my mouth reading it. A lot of these people are trained from a young age and are exposed to harsh circumstances and conditions (I'm not saying they work in sweatshops and don't see the light of day, but they have to put a lot of hard work, time, energy, and faith into what they're doing and are exposed to a lot of pressure and hate especially early on in their careers) and are told that they have to smile, they have to keep their opinions secret when it comes to certain issues no matter how strongly they may feel about them... they can't even have romantic partners in most cases (which is something I very much disagree with)... they're being told to sell their own sexuality without even having the human right to explore it. It's like they're being stripped of their humanity and all they are is an image to the public.

So I mean... I'm just saying that maybe throwing the words like "slut", "fake", "decor", and "sex toy" is a little bit insensitive. It's pretty dehumanizing really no matter who you're talking about.

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-27, 21:21   Link #31
Wanderer Blue
Wanderer of the Mist

Quote:
Originally Posted by momobunny View Post
... You people do realize that these are human beings right...? I know that when it comes to idols looks are taken into more consideration than talent... but let's not throw demeaning names around at young girls who are constantly told that they're not good enough, constantly told that their image is the most important thing, and act like they are somehow less human because they're told to strive to live up to these unrealistic standards shoved down their throats. Just because a girl has a "sexy" image in the media doesn't mean she should be reduced to being seen as house decor or as a sex toy in real life... half if not most of the time whatever image they have isn't even entirely up to them to decide. So this whole conversation leaves a bit of a bitter taste in my mouth reading it. A lot of these people are trained from a young age and are exposed to harsh circumstances and conditions (I'm not saying they work in sweatshops and don't see the light of day, but they have to put a lot of hard work, time, energy, and faith into what they're doing and are exposed to a lot of pressure and hate especially early on in their careers) and are told that they have to smile, they have to keep their opinions secret when it comes to certain issues no matter how strongly they may feel about them... they can't even have romantic partners in most cases (which is something I very much disagree with)... they're being told to sell their own sexuality without even having the human right to explore it. It's like they're being stripped of their humanity and all they are is an image to the public.

So I mean... I'm just saying that maybe throwing the words like "slut", "fake", "decor", and "sex toy" is a little bit insensitive. It's pretty dehumanizing really no matter who you're talking about.
What you say is true enough but to be fair do they not put themselves in a position to be thought of as mere commodities, their label clearly sees them as such, their fans are absorbed by their on-stage persona, they have no interest in the person behind the facade. So while what you say is true, can you really blame anyone for objectifying them? I mean that's the thing with stars they're there to sell you an illusion, and you get wrapped up in this illusion and lose sight of the human behind the over-sexualized dance moves.

Old 2013-06-27, 21:22   Link #32
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
I only used the term the previous poster used ok?

About the decor or sex toy thing......

I meant... I want a wife that is good in raring children, and not some women who are more concern of their image after getting into a relationship... who only knowing ordering the nanny to do everything for the kids because she's "busy and has an image to protect"... I'm not saying its them.... or maybe I jut hit them accidentally...

Why would one complain if they're not the ones guilty of it.... I never mentioned names did I?
Old 2013-06-27, 21:32   Link #33
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
What you say is true enough but to be fair do they not put themselves in a position to be thought of as mere commodities, their label clearly sees them as such, their fans are absorbed by their on-stage persona, they have no interest in the person behind the facade. So while what you say is true, can you really blame anyone for objectifying them? I mean that's the thing with stars they're there to sell you an illusion, and you get wrapped up in this illusion and lose sight of the human behind the over-sexualized dance moves.
Well, I've been taught that it's wrong to objectify people no matter who or what they are... and that includes their status in society. So yeah, I think it's wrong to objectify others even if they "put themselves in that position". We know nothing about most of these celebrities'/idols' personal lives and personalities... and even if we did calling them outside of their name the way people in this topic have (and that's tame compared to what others online have to say about people they don't even know) is wrong. They are not their dance moves, they are not their outfits, they aren't even their lyrics most of if not all of the time. If you feel like they're exploiting their sexuality then that's fine, but it's not okay to loosely call them "sluts" or "sex toys"... I mean, they have parents, they have friends, family. It's not fair to them or to yourselves to use such language. It's easy to get wrapped up but at the end of the day it's each of our own responsibilities to take a step back and look at the big picture and to find a way to treat each other with decency and respect. If you lose that ability then that's on you but it's not fair to point fingers at an idol because "she asked for it" by... singing and dancing and doing what her managers tell her to do...

Let's not forget that most idols get into the field at a pretty young age, too... that's a pretty big factor in this topic.

Quote:
I only used the term the previous poster used ok?

About the decor or sex toy thing......

I meant... I want a wife that is good in raring children, and not some women who are more concern of their image after getting into a relationship... who only knowing ordering the nanny to do everything for the kids because she's "busy and has an image to protect"... I'm not saying its them.... or maybe I jut hit them accidentally...

Why would one complain if they're not the ones guilty of it.... I never mentioned names did I?
Just because somebody else used the term doesn't make it okay for you to use it as well... I'm not sure if you're aware of all of the dehumanizing connotations behind such words, but they're pretty negative. I'd recommend using discretion before using those words openly for the whole world to see.

And I'm merely telling you that you could very easily offend somebody with those words. It doesn't necessarily have to be directed at a certain group member or person here, the use of the word at all used to describe anyone (hypothetical or not) can be offensive to a lot of people.

Old 2013-06-27, 21:37   Link #34
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Let's not forget that most idols get into the field at a pretty young age, too... that's a pretty big factor in this topic.
Let's just pretend they know what they're doing.... and are aware that being a artist has it's consequences....
Old 2013-06-27, 21:43   Link #35
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Let's just pretend they know what they're doing.... and are aware that being a artist has it's consequences....
... Why? What could you possibly gain from doing this? O.o;

Whether they're aware of the issue or not isn't the point... it's whether or not it's okay, and that's something we should each take responsibility for.

Old 2013-06-27, 21:47   Link #36
Wanderer Blue
Wanderer of the Mist

Quote:
Well, I've been taught that it's wrong to objectify people no matter who or what they are... and that includes their status in society. So yeah, I think it's wrong to objectify others even if they "put themselves in that position". We know nothing about most of these celebrities'/idols' personal lives and personalities... and even if we did calling them outside of their name the way people in this topic have (and that's tame compared to what others online have to say about people they don't even know) is wrong. They are not their dance moves, they are not their outfits, they aren't even their lyrics most of if not all of the time. If you feel like they're exploiting their sexuality then that's fine, but it's not okay to loosely call them "sluts" or "sex toys"... I mean, they have parents, they have friends, family. It's not fair to them or to yourselves to use such language. It's easy to get wrapped up but at the end of the day it's each of our own responsibilities to take a step back and look at the big picture and to find a way to treat each other with decency and respect. If you lose that ability then that's on you but it's not fair to point fingers at an idol because "she asked for it" by... singing and dancing and doing what her managers tell her to do...

Just because somebody else used the term doesn't make it okay for you to use it as well... I'm not sure if you're aware of all of the dehumanizing connotations behind such words, but they're pretty negative. I'd recommend using discretion before using those words openly for the whole world to see.

And I'm merely telling you that you could very easily offend somebody with those words. It doesn't necessarily have to be directed at a certain group member or person here, the use of the word at all used to describe anyone (hypothetical or not) can be offensive to a lot of people.
I think you misunderstand me, i indeed do agree that treating them as objects is wrong, i'm just voicing out how they are seen by the populus as a whole. Whether or not i believe that the views of the populi as a whole are correct is a whole other issue. I'm attempting to voice both sides of the stand when i talk.

Old 2013-06-27, 22:27   Link #37
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
... Why? What could you possibly gain from doing this? O.o;
Since we can't agree on anything?

Quote:
Whether they're aware of the issue or not isn't the point... it's whether or not it's okay, and that's something we should each take responsibility for.
That applies to everyone of us especially artist... they're public figures now... I just hope they're now not "images" in the TV screen...
Old 2013-06-28, 16:46   Link #38
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Since we can't agree on anything?

That applies to everyone of us especially artist... they're public figures now... I just hope they're now not "images" in the TV screen...
I honestly couldn't care less if we do or don't agree on anything, that's completely beside the point... taking a scenario and twisting it so that I have to pretend just so that you can prove a point basically does anything but.

And as idols, their only responsibilities are to do their jobs and do them well. Putting up with slut shaming is not something anybody should have to do. People should never have to deal with being objectified... there is no gray area here, it's dehumanizing and disrespectful... and a lot of what has been said in this topic isn't only disrespectful to female idols, it's pretty disrespectful to women in general. That's the only reason why I'm writing this, it's hurtful and wrong.

Old 2013-06-28, 17:29   Link #39
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
I honestly couldn't care less if we do or don't agree on anything, that's completely beside the point... taking a scenario and twisting it so that I have to pretend just so that you can prove a point basically does anything but.

And as idols, their only responsibilities are to do their jobs and do them well. Putting up with slut shaming is not something anybody should have to do. People should never have to deal with being objectified... there is no gray area here, it's dehumanizing and disrespectful... and a lot of what has been said in this topic isn't only disrespectful to female idols, it's pretty disrespectful to women in general. That's the only reason why I'm writing this, it's hurtful and wrong.
So you say.. We're completely wrong and you're completely right? I encourage you tomake a stand there and have mine as well... I never said that all idols are sluts, but we can never say that not some are sluts ( in character and not prostitutes) IRL. People judge people by their actions ok? Again, I'm not generalizing that all idols are sluts... well SOME are...
Old 2013-06-28, 17:43   Link #40
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Quote:
not some house decor and sex toy....
Both statements look like offensive generalizations to me
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote