Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2012-12-07, 15:08   Link #4781
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
He might be referring to the DC/Marvel bishoujo figure line up.

Which reminds me, I gotta pick up Ghostbusters Lucy and DC Powergirl from that line up sometime.
Nothing as exciting as that I'm afraid, its Halo Reaches Carter from the Square Enix "black label" Playarts line.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-08, 00:28   Link #4782
HasuMasu
*Artist

^ I always liked MJOLNIR, in its many forms.
Old 2012-12-09, 23:39   Link #4783
DorkingtonPugsly

Two new ones I got. Including my first nendoroid ever!

Nyaruko Nendo

Nadeko (Kotobukiya Ver.) It was smaller than I expected it to be but still really nice. The unusual colors of her seifuku stand out.
Old 2012-12-14, 03:46   Link #4784
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

December haul

Happy man. Muy contento.
Old 2012-12-15, 23:12   Link #4785
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Nice mate, nice.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-16, 08:12   Link #4786
Azuma Denton
~AD~

HNGGGHHHH...
She is so cute....
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-16, 08:55   Link #4787
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

Ah, Snow Miku 2013. Lovely.

That said, I wonder just how many different nendo versions of Miku are out there already. One can probably base an entire themed nendo collection out of the many different nendo Mikus out there.

She's definitely GSC's Nendoroid poster girl. Although I'd also kind of understand the exasperation some collectors would have of seeing "yet another Miku"...
Old 2012-12-16, 09:00   Link #4788
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

There are way too many Mikus, but this one is different enough (and particularly gorgeous) that I just don't care, and will get her anyway. Perhaps several of her. >.>
Ichihara Asako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-16, 09:48   Link #4789
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
HNGGGHHHH...
She is so cute....
Holy...this one actually looks good for once
Old 2012-12-16, 10:03   Link #4790
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldlight View Post
She's definitely GSC's Nendoroid poster girl. Although I'd also kind of understand the exasperation some collectors would have of seeing "yet another Miku"...
Not like I'm objective in that matter, due to being in the other side of the fence, but I find funny seeing people complaining about the number of miku nendo, whereas the "alternate" versions hardly take up anything from them to do (aside of "really" different ones such like HMO, Snow miku 12 and 13), so it it isn't like it is detrimental to any new creations (although I do consider some decisions quite ssilly, such as Mikumix and notably the infamous Mikudayo).
At least it isn't as exaggerated as the number of Ikkitousen and Saber figs that are literally flooding the market, being nowhere close to mascot of any of the company.
Old 2012-12-16, 10:24   Link #4791
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

353 Miku figures

329 Saber figures

There are over 500 Ikkitousen figures, but that's an entire franchise with quite a few characters. For single characters, Miku and Saber dominate by a huge margin.

23 Miku nendos -- what other franchise even comes close to that in total, let alone a single character?

But yeah, I'm not anti Miku, I'd just like to see more variety. Glad to see there's a Sakura nendo coming, and Horo came in as one of the most wanted, so there is hope yet.
Old 2012-12-16, 10:28   Link #4792
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Actually, you cannot take these results for figures seriously: the search for Miku is completely misleading because it also count non PVC stuff, such like papercraft and... cars.
It also include alt versions that weren't even sold to begin with (such like the chrome ver and orange ver of the nendo).
Old 2012-12-16, 10:32   Link #4793
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Actually, you cannot take these results seriously: the search for Miku is completely misleading because it also count non PVC stuff, such like papercraft and... cars.
It also include alt versions that weren't even sold to begin with (such like the chrome ver and orange ver of the nendo).
Unfortunately there's no way to filter those out of the search, since they're counted as "figures" on MFC and are listed under her name. They are a very small minority, though.
Old 2012-12-16, 10:46   Link #4794
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Well, manual counting:
Miku:
Prepainted: 35 (cars are ignored)
Action/Dolls: 37 (ignoring those who are not purchasable/available from a lottery, but counting alt ver, so original + support = 2)
Trading: 29 (ignoring papercraft)

Garage kits, model kits and accessories are not really part of this, so ignored. The total is thus 101 (which is of course a very high number regardless)

Saber:
Pre painted: 79
Action dolls: 40 (ignoring that beast wars one)
Trading: 50 (one appeared thrice, 1 is irrelevant)

Total: 169

Ikkitousen, particularly Kan'u Unchou:
Prepainted: 158
Action/dolls: 8
Trading: 5
Total: 171

I'm not going to argue they should milk franchises to such extent, but there is actually quite a difference in term of attention for a specific franchise (due to GSC "too successful" marketing), whereas there are much worse results out of there.
At least, in case of Miku, only GSC, Sega and to some extent, Banpresto use that franchise, and it is sort of a mascot/poster girl, (a bit how Nanoha is to Alter). Suffice to say, it doesn't literally shape the market and sculptors release, since alt versions aren't exactly a major commitment.
Old 2012-12-16, 11:44   Link #4795
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Saber just have the MOST figs and nendo of EVERY Type Moon characters ever. I mean, I like Saber BUT I love various Type Moon female characters MORE than her, namely Shiki Ryougi and Aoko Aozaki.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-16, 22:51   Link #4796
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Well, kinda expected figures Miku to be produced a lot because she herself is a symbol / mascot for Vocaloid. The figures doesnt even has 1/10 of Miku's illustration that span from her birth till now.

As for Saber, kinda annoyed that for every Fate's franchise heroine that has Saber class must look like Arturia.
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-16, 23:13   Link #4797
GDB

It's really only Nero and Jeanne. I'm cool with Jeanne, since it fits with the story, and Nero is just badass. They just better not add another that looks like her. That'd be stretching it far too much.

That said, I could really go for a nice Jeanne figure.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-16, 23:17   Link #4798
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Not like I'm objective in that matter, due to being in the other side of the fence, but I find funny seeing people complaining about the number of miku nendo, whereas the "alternate" versions hardly take up anything from them to do (aside of "really" different ones such like HMO, Snow miku 12 and 13), so it it isn't like it is detrimental to any new creations (although I do consider some decisions quite ssilly, such as Mikumix and notably the infamous Mikudayo).
Mikudayo...? Okay, I wish I hadn't seen that... Though judging from the comments on MFC it wasn't supposed to be a figurine of Miku, but a figurine of a creepy Miku impersonator. That said, it is a silly decision. To produce what seems to be a meme into a figurine when some other popular character out there does not even have one and have fans waiting for one to be made. *cough* Yui-nyan scale figure *cough*

I admit that was not one of my better comments out there since I have two Miku nendos myself... Just that I expected the usual "yet another Miku" comment to come in.
Old 2012-12-19, 07:37   Link #4799
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Apparently Kotobukiya's 1/8 Asuna went up for preorder and then sold out at both AmiAmi and HobbySearch all during the short period in which I was asleep. Sigh. Guess I can hope they'll re-open reservations, have seen that happen before with a couple other figures.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-19, 07:38   Link #4800
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
Apparently Kotobukiya's 1/8 Asuna went up for preorder and then sold out at both AmiAmi and HobbySearch all during the short period in which I was asleep. Sigh. Guess I can hope they'll re-open reservations, have seen that happen before with a couple other figures.
I saw it but I'm not sold on it. Something about the color tones and pose used look rather lifeless for someone like Asuna. Hoping Good Smile or Alter come up with a better one. As in a 1/8 or so, already got a pre-order of the nendoroid version of Asuna on HobbySearch,