AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Days

Notices

Old 2007-07-04, 11:38   Link #281
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
they say that the guy is as bad as the one from kimi nozomu...if you are easily depressed by that type of character then maybe it should be a skipp (shame though as a litte drama in life never hurt anyone...and i just love seeing bastards getting their just desserts and this one seems to be shaping up to be a nice little perv)
Actually the guy form School Day is way worse. The guy form KGNE is just indecisive but the School Day guy, well he is on a whole another level
Old 2007-07-04, 11:44   Link #282
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz

id say that we should raise our pitchforks and burning torches in preparation (okey this is just bad...but i really hope they decide to go down the bad route *wishes*)

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-04, 11:45   Link #283
DanielSong39

Check here (post #28) to get an idea of how things are likely to go.

Bloody ending seems unlikely but Makoto may pull a Takayuki.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-04, 12:15   Link #284
Anacone
Lazy Poster

Send a message via MSN to Anacone
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
This series has been eagerly anticipated largely because the original game is famous for having a couple very of violent scenes -- extremely unusual for a romance game. Those scenes are the ultimate in "Bad Endings."
Hmm... So this is next "big thing". Violence always gets publicity, people to get interested. I don't know how many is watching this only because there's chance of violence. But it worked to me and I had to check first ep, if I'd be hooked...

Even though overall atmosphere was nice in the first ep, couple scenes gave me vibes that there might be something deeper to coming later.

Hmm... male lead is culprit .
Not sure how to feel about that possibility, that may have huge impact on enjoyment, but let's see how hard it's adjust when time comes...Lowering expectations already...heh...
Anacone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-04, 12:19   Link #285
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
So, I'm leaning towards giving this one a skip, but before I do that, I suppose I'll ask for an opinion. Judging from my preferences, should I give this one a chance, or should I just skedaddle?
Because i wouldn't want anyone missing out on this, why don't you check it out --- and can easily stop, or even better, start to enjoy what you see. Its true that you have your opinions at the moment, though they could easily change with the series. I'm guessing you've only heard the 'worst' part of Makoto.
Old 2007-07-04, 12:28   Link #286
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I was very dubious about this, because it is made by the same crew that made Amenaideyo and Lovely Idol. But I liked ep1: the characters were interesting, the story moved at a good pace, there was a minimum of stupid comedy, and the direction was fairly solid, except for a couple of inexplicably slow bits near the beginning.

People seem to be discussing the game and spreading potential spoilers all over the place, so that it will be impossible for the rest of us to see this one fresh. Now I know to look at the protagonist in a way I wouldn't have otherwise. I wish I didn't.

However, "as bad as the guy from KimiNozo" is no criticism in my book. I like him better than 95% of other protagonists. He's a real guy.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-04, 12:34   Link #287
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I was very dubious about this, because it is made by the same crew that made Amenaideyo and Lovely Idol. But I liked ep1: the characters were interesting, the story moved at a good pace, there was a minimum of stupid comedy, and the direction was fairly solid, except for a couple of inexplicably slow bits near the beginning.

People seem to be discussing the game and spreading potential spoilers all over the place, so that it will be impossible for the rest of us to see this one fresh. Now I know to look at the protagonist in a way I wouldn't have otherwise. I wish I didn't.

However, "as bad as the guy from KimiNozo" is no criticism in my book. I like him better than 95% of other protagonists. He's a real guy.
I like the KGNE guy myself, he wasn't too bad imo, just indecisive which is more real.

But the guy form School Day, well I am breaking out the boxcutter.

As for spoilers, this show has over 20+ ending and we are basically just discussing a few of the more notable ones. It is not like we know which ending we will get and spoiling it form everyone.
Old 2007-07-04, 12:34   Link #288
Anacone
Lazy Poster

Send a message via MSN to Anacone
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Spoiler for plot spoilers:
Ok, after reading this...now I know maybe I should start supporting Makoto ...Go Makoto go... do what every guy has dreamed of*big evil grin*.
Anacone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-04, 12:35   Link #289
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
As for spoilers, this show has over 20+ ending and we are basically just discussing a few of the more notable ones. It is not like we know which ending we will get and spoiling it form everyone.
Still, that doesn't mean most people can just talk freely about them. Spoiler tags that are labeled please, for the people who are fresh & new to School Days.
Old 2007-07-04, 12:37   Link #290
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Still, that doesn't mean most people can just talk freely about them. Spoiler tags that are labeled please, for the people who are fresh & new to School Days.
It is kind of late for the spoiler tags? The bloody ending gifs has been posted on Animesuki and other forum for severals years now.
Old 2007-07-04, 12:39   Link #291
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
It is kind of late for the spoiler tags? The bloody ending gifs has been posted on Animesuki and other forum for severals years now.
That doesn't mean EVERYONE has seen them. There are plenty of fresh new people who're new to this series.

If a section opens, then we'll have threads to talk about it, but for now please remember that there are people who don't know anything of whats to happen, or might not happen.
Old 2007-07-04, 13:29   Link #292
octoberasian
Baka Gaijin :P
*IT Support

After seeing the first episode and having read about it on Wikipedia,
Spoiler:
octoberasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-04, 15:10   Link #293
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Now now Jello I believe this is a thread for the anime adaption, where there could presumebly be a different storyline. What I perceive others prefer is to keep what happened in the game, stays in the game, and well, when I think about it now, I wish I knew zilch about the game before the anime adaption has aired.
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-04, 15:40   Link #294
Lunacy

I was also amazed at how openly some of these people are talking about the several different violent endings since the thread starter cleary stated:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Warning: It will be tempting to discuss the surprising endings for this game. Let's save such things for discussion in the thread for the game. Let's just say that some of the endings can be violent and not say another word!
Luckily, I was able to avoid any major details and look forward to checking it out for myself by watching the anime.

I am curious about this one particular scene when:
Spoiler for Episode 1:

I will keep watching this series because I am a sucker for love triangle and I am really curious about it's ending(s).
Lunacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-04, 16:43   Link #295
SooHip

i need the subs T.T
Old 2007-07-04, 17:00   Link #296
vaizard_ruler
Lucky☆Star Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to vaizard_ruler Send a message via MSN to vaizard_ruler Send a message via Yahoo to vaizard_ruler
I watched ep 1 last night and i really didnt like this anime...it has that feeling of an H game that i want now...the anime just doesnt have good appeal to me,plus it looked like the whole thing came from the game itself(that i havent even played but now i feel like i want to play it)
vaizard_ruler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-04, 17:25   Link #297
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by octoberasian View Post
After seeing the first episode and having read about it on Wikipedia,
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2007-07-04, 17:50   Link #298
Skane
Anime Snark

Talking

I shall be very disappointed if they do not go with any of the "Bad Ends". No run-of-the-mill happy endings this time please.

Heh.
Old 2007-07-04, 21:03   Link #299
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Itou Makoto is one of the producers lol

That, and I can't help but feel like I'm watching the "uninteractive" version of the game.

And when Makoto backed off from Sekai on the rooftop after pushing her against the fence:
"S, sorry! I got impulsive there..."

lol bet you that won't be the last time.

Last edited by Sushi-Y; 2007-07-04 at 21:16.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-04, 21:08   Link #300
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y View Post
Itou Makoto is one of the producers lol
First mentioned in post #257 here by me.

With Screencap for proof this time.

MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, drama, ecchi, harem, romance, tnk, yandere