2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.71%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 2.13%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-09-12, 21:42   Link #81
SageGaiGar
You are Next

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lummie View Post
How people are able to rate this episode a 10 or a 9 is still a mystery to me........
The same way some people can rate episodes for 1-2 out of spite. :V

Nadeko OP saves for now. Not by much though.
Old 2009-09-12, 23:25   Link #82
hei

Watching a raw file, I thought the file was corrupt. So downloaded a different one, but it was same. Unbelievable!
The animation quality is not a sole problem in this episode. For me, two episodes of the Nadeko arc is a poor summary of the novel. I think there are many interesting thems in this arc, but most of them were ignored or taken lightly.
hei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-12, 23:27   Link #83
Freeter
beyond

This ep gave me Kare Kano vibes, and not the good kind.

Lack of Senjougahara = FAIL. (eyecatch at the end was sweet though)
Old 2009-09-13, 03:36   Link #84
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyman View Post
Maybe if she's lucky, she'll appear a bit in the next arc?
Yeah that's what i'm hoping, though i don't won't to be destroyed if she's not.

& yeah Kanbaru exposure this arc was very nice. Unexpected, though i'm glad it happened.

Edit: Looks like the end shot got cut for broadcast.

http://blog.bakemonogatari.com/?blog=31596

Last edited by Shiroth; 2009-09-13 at 04:11.
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 04:19   Link #85
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lummie View Post
How people are able to rate this episode a 10 or a 9 is still a mystery to me........
Voting for Nadako posing in a swim suit maybe?
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 05:53   Link #86
Blablabla
Zetsubo-sensei daaaaaa !!

Watched the ep' and yeah, it was quite painful.
So if I understand well what happened, the ritual worked on the first "jealous girl" snake and Araragi has to get off the second one himself.

Anyway once again Kanbaru's teasing Araragi "I tried to match your fetishism" made me laugh pretty hard.
And Nadeko's cuteness is beyond words.
Blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 06:14   Link #87
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

First half was fine, the 2nd half was definately painful. At least I was prepared for the 2nd half to be crap

I think this is the weakest arc, it's not bad, but the other arcs are just better.

The seiyuus done a good job on a slide show episode.
Old 2009-09-13, 06:14   Link #88
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
I lost count of how many unfinished scenes there was. I don't take sankaku seriously so I'm reluctant to think it was purely a "staff shortage" problem. If they didn't finish the episodes in time, they should have just postponed it... Then again, I think the last 3? episodes had some unfinished scenes, but they were no where as bad as this ep. This ep had about 1 in 6 scenes unfinished.

Leaving that aside, from the animation I could see, this whole nadeko arc seemed to be just a fanservice arc... Full of nadeko in "akward" positions and situations. Peaked at episode 8 personally for me and the last 2 episodes has been pretty average. No senjougahara for 2 episodes either, though I do give credit for the occassional suruga jokes which I chuckled at. Another new op... I'm beginning to think if SHAFT really had a staff shortage why bother making ops for every new arc if they have trouble finishing on time... makes no sense. Nevertheless, the op was cute and had a decent beat to it, but not annoying like Mayoi's was.

Hoping that future bakemonogatari episodes don't end up being significantly underfinished like this one.

Last edited by Pocari_Sweat; 2009-09-13 at 06:45.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 06:36   Link #89
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

Wow... that was like watching a picture drama... looks like this series isn't infallible after all...
ac195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 06:59   Link #90
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
You really can't talk about this episode without mention of what happened near the end. I really thought there was something wrong so switched players a few times with no success. I mean damn you barely even saw what was going on when Araragi went against the snake. Sure it was invisible but does that mean the fight had to be? It just got sad at the end when you could hear Araragi talking but no mouth movements . Definitely the worst episode visually.

Anyways there were some high points. I thought the OP was nice. Simple and fit Nadeko. Not to mention we learned about Araragi's school swimsuit fetish. There actually was some follow up to that question about what Kanbaru found out.

I thought the finish was pretty interesting itself. This time Araragi wasn't able to save everyone that was involved in this. Last time he and Kanbaru both survived. There wasn't much life danger with Mayoi, but he got home and she was saved. He and Senjougahara got out of her situation just fine too. But this time while he, Nadeko, and the girl that cursed her all got through ok the guy obviously didn't. It just goes to show that while Araragi can take some punishment he can't save everyone.

It was a good call and move by Kanbaru. Even with his great healing Araragi could only hang in there for so long. If he was still fighting the snake while the poison became worse he might have gotten killed. Too bad for the guy, but he dragged himself into it by knowingly placing a curse.

An interesting point from Oshino. He's not going to be around there forever to give out the answers. Right now things can turn out alright since if Araragi gets involved in these things he can go to him for help.
Old 2009-09-13, 07:03   Link #91
LusterFlare
Lost.

Subs are out..its 5am so I'll see how butchered this is tomorrow D:
LusterFlare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 07:10   Link #92
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Personally i wouldn't go as far as to say this episode was painful, i mean i didn't find it visually as bad as some people in this thread have said. Sure the last few minutes or so where it was the same stilled image of Araragi was bad, though apart from that i've got nothing to complain about. The story was still spot on, and what i expect from a story if this quality, so i was not disappointed there at all.

Highlights had to be Oshino's 'falling' scene. It looked like that was the best looking scene of the episode, together with Sengoku's flashback (loved the music box version of the OP there).

Hanazawa Kana was also a wonderful treat here. She has such an adorable voice, and it worked wonders for Sengoku. Has me looking all the more forward to her role as Kobato.

Looking very much forward to the Tsubasa cat arc next week. Hanekawa is one my favorite characters in this, so it's sure to be a treat. Hopefully after the 12th episode has aired, we'll find out when the last three episodes will appear on the official site.
Old 2009-09-13, 07:11   Link #93
zato_1one

There are so many "cut due to circumstances" "unnumbered cut" "cut xxx" in this episode. *0*
Old 2009-09-13, 07:56   Link #94
brocko

I was hoping that one week break awhile back, would be enough time for them to get things back on track. Looks like it was delaying the inevitable instead... =/ Here's hope that Shaft manages to bounce back on the last few remaining episodes.

Some pretty nice points were raised this episode that i found to be rather interesting:

- Oshino leaving the city one day
- Oshino dropping the hint that Araragi can be 100% human again if "he'd just simply abandon Shinobu". Will be interesting to see how this and the previous point plays out in the future.
- Despite his efforts, Araragi isn't able to give all parties a happy ending this time around.

Also just a slight question, why was it that the ritual didn't work on the 2nd snake? Was it because the ritual they performed was only designed to rid the one snake? If so this probably would've agitated the 2nd sneak which explains why it lashed out all of a sudden. Again performing rituals with half-assed knowledge, Araragi ain't really that much better than Nadeko herself lol =P

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 08:16   Link #95
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocko View Post
Also just a slight question, why was it that the ritual didn't work on the 2nd snake? Was it because the ritual they performed was only designed to rid the one snake? If so this probably would've agitated the 2nd sneak which explains why it lashed out all of a sudden. Again performing rituals with half-assed knowledge, Araragi ain't really that much better than Nadeko herself lol =P
My guess... 1 charm = 1 snake... sorry, no 2 for 1 deal here honey
Old 2009-09-13, 08:18   Link #96
brocko

lol, in that case it's just Oshino being a stingy bastard then Still the magnificent bastard that he is, nonetheless though XD

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
Old 2009-09-13, 08:20   Link #97
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

Nah, Oshino just didn't know there were 2 snakes since Araragi didn't realize it himself. So, he just gave him the single charm... well that's my take on it anyway
Old 2009-09-13, 08:21   Link #98
xKeen

Despite the slide shows,I like every OP in bakemonogatari.
xKeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 08:32   Link #99
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xKeen View Post
Despite the slide shows,I like every OP in bakemonogatari.
Well, that's pretty much the only finished thing in this episode...
Old 2009-09-13, 08:36   Link #100
brocko

^ I LOL'd!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac195 View Post
Nah, Oshino just didn't know there were 2 snakes since Araragi didn't realize it himself. So, he just gave him the single charm... well that's my take on it anyway
Touche