AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-19, 12:35   Link #1
MasterVinh

Thumbs up Clannad.. Kanon 2006.. Air(TV)

omg .. guys I just finished Air (TV), Clannad and Kanon 2006 !

and I got to say.. I prefer Clannad of all 3. I love how the story went and how the romance/drama in the story was I was really touched.

Kanon 2006 I just fiinshed it today and wow this was a hard story to understand but close to the end everything linked together and I understood the director's creation ^^

and finaly... Air(TV) this is a freaking awesome anime too I really loved the drama in this anime. and again you don't understand everything at the start but when time passes you'll understand everything and be glad you did.

Hey guys, I was wondering if you guys know of any anime (Drama/Romance) that's as good as Clannad, Kanon 2006 and Air(TV) =D because I would really appreciate the suggestions.

And yes I watched many more ainmes in my life..
if you guys want my suggestions I'll post them right here right now.

___Tragedy Animes___

- Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien
1 of the best tragedy anime you'll ever see and love.. well I hated the end of the anime.. but you gt know that there's 2 endings for this anime besure to watch both because 1 you will hate and the other you will love.

- H2O ~Footprints In The Sand~
this is a sad anime honnestly.. I couldn't stand watching it but I just had to finish it and it's great man ^^ you'll adore this like you adore Kimi ga Nozomu Eien.

- Myself; Yourself
THIS IS FREAKING GOD ANIME! you will never regret watching this anime.. you will cry sad tears but they are good tears.

___Drama Animes___

- Ef - A Tale Of Memories
Just pray to god this anime was created.. the ainme talks about 2 lives at once. the lives of 2 twin sisters that you will never see them meeting each other in the movie. This is a Romance/Drama/TRAGEDY anime. I recommend all the animes I'm listing

- True Tears
This is a great dramatic anime. I have no more to say.

- Shuffle!
this is a magical anime that you will enjoy, it's very funny and sad O.o that's what I like about animes. I'm only going to tell you that you're going to enjoy it because I dont' want to spoil anything else for you

___Comedy/Romance Animes___

- Gift: Eternal Rainbow
This anime is okay I guess.. Romance in it is good talks about a magical city. An the story starts when he was waiting for his friend(girl) who was goign to return live in his city but he didn't realize how hot she became :P

- Akane-Iro Ni Somaru Saka
This is a comedy/romance anime :P I really enjoyed it

___Srry.. but I class this anime BEST ANIME I'VE EVER SEEN...

CODE GEASS

Code Geass: 2 seaons 26 eps each, very much like Death note the strategy part.. like Gumdam Seed, the action part.. contains everything I dream of having in an anime.. Romance/Drama/Comedy/Psychological

UPDATE* : ANGEL BEATS.... wow thx to the people who suggested me this ainme .. it's one of the best animes I've seen up until now (this year) if you know of any anime as good as Clannad, Angel Beats, Code Geass, AIR(TV) .. just write it down here and I WILL WATCH IT ..thx again ^^

*Update 26/08/10* Just finished Suzuka, and wow it was a really nice anime but I had a wait a long period of time to get the romance ... but still I enjoyed it ^^
Well that's what I have in my head right now that I had to discuss.

Last edited by MasterVinh; 2010-08-26 at 16:34.
Old 2010-08-19, 13:00   Link #2
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Are you asking for a suggestion or giving suggestions o_O?

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
Old 2010-08-19, 13:01   Link #3
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scanner View Post
Are you asking for a suggestion or giving suggestions o_O?
Both, as it says in the OP's post.
Old 2010-08-19, 13:18   Link #4
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Angel Beats ? Seeing as it's from KEY as well, you'd probably like it.

Your suggestions should have only one category ( or maybe two, not sure of all of the titles ), and one of them say in big red letters : ECCHI . With that said, most of the animes you suggested are ... well, average at most. H2O was so awful, that I couldn't stand even first episode.
Old 2010-08-19, 15:53   Link #5
Dextro
He Without a Title

Toradora! maybe? I've just gotten round to watch it and the ending gets pretty emotional (also the comedy at the start is very good as well).
Old 2010-08-19, 16:07   Link #6
MasterVinh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post

Your suggestions should have only one category ( or maybe two, not sure of all of the titles ), and one of them say in big red letters : ECCHI . With that said, most of the animes you suggested are ... well, average at most. H2O was so awful, that I couldn't stand even first episode.
hmm.. yeah my friend told me about Angel Beast and yeah I'm going to watch that ^^ but H2O yeah it wasn't amazing but it was a good anime but the story fails ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Toradora! maybe? I've just gotten round to watch it and the ending gets pretty emotional (also the comedy at the start is very good as well).
lol Toradora is great I watched it already
Old 2010-08-19, 17:37   Link #7
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterVinh View Post
___Srry.. but I class this anime BEST ANIME I'VE EVER SEEN...

CODE GEASS

Code Geass: 2 seaons 26 eps each, very much like Death note the strategy part.. like Gumdam Seed, the action part.. contains everything I dream of having in an anime.. Romance/Drama/Comedy/Psychological

Well that's what I have in my head right now that I had to discuss.
Did you watch Legend of Galactic Heroes before you dare say that?

And did you watch Nana or Paradise Kiss before saying Clannad is the best?
Old 2010-08-19, 17:43   Link #8
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

For romance I would recommend:
Cross Game
5 Centimeters Per Second
Honey & Clover
The Girl Who leapt Through Time

If you want something epic then I recommend Summer Wars.

If you want an anime that involves a load of characters with their own motivations then I'd recommend Baccano! and Durarara!! (in my sig).

If you want something that has everything (Romance, Drama, Action, Psychological, Mystery,) then I recommend Kara no Kyoukai.
Old 2010-08-19, 17:58   Link #9
Dist

Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post

They are still opinions though. In my opinion, Legend of the .. blabla sucks. You may think it's the best anime in the world but doesn't make it a fact.

Same goes for Paradise kiss and Nana .. I like Clannad, Air or Kanon much more than them.

Anyway I second 5 Centimeters per Second, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time and will add : The Place Promised in Our Early Days. These are all movies btw, and you should watch them all.
Old 2010-08-19, 20:17   Link #10
Random32
Also a Lolicon

since you like Key, I recommend AngelBeats
since you like the first ef anime, I recommend ef - a tale of melodies

it seems that you would like most of the stuff by Shinkai, so
-5 centimeters per second
-The Place Promised in Our Early Days
-Voices of a Distant Star
Old 2010-08-19, 22:46   Link #11
MasterVinh

Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post

LOL I see a challenge comming :P rofl jk.. yeah I will watch that and see if it truely better than Clannad& Code Geass..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
For romance I would recommend:
Cross Game
5 Centimeters Per Second
Honey & Clover
The Girl Who leapt Through Time

If you want something epic then I recommend Summer Wars.

If you want an anime that involves a load of characters with their own motivations then I'd recommend Baccano! and Durarara!! (in my sig).

If you want something that has everything (Romance, Drama, Action, Psychological, Mystery,) then I recommend Kara no Kyoukai.
Quote:
They are still opinions though. In my opinion, Legend of the .. blabla sucks. You may think it's the best anime in the world but doesn't make it a fact.

Same goes for Paradise kiss and Nana .. I like Clannad, Air or Kanon much more than them.

Anyway I second 5 Centimeters per Second, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time and will add : The Place Promised in Our Early Days. These are all movies btw, and you should watch them all.
I'll be sure to check all of them and see with one to start with

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random32 View Post
since you like Key, I recommend AngelBeats
since you like the first ef anime, I recommend ef - a tale of melodies

it seems that you would like most of the stuff by Shinkai, so
-5 centimeters per second
-The Place Promised in Our Early Days
-Voices of a Distant Star
Yeha I started ef - a tale of melodies alright, but didn't finished.

___
Yeah thx a lot guys! I really appreciate it. If you guys still have updates plz post them here because I'm taking everything in note!
Old 2010-08-20, 12:44   Link #12
Mithfalath
Elegiac Servant

Send a message via Yahoo to Mithfalath
add:
Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora
Kimi ni Todoke (cute romantic stuff)
Kimikiss Pure Rouge
Voices of A Distant Star (I recommend watch this first, then Beyond the Clouds, The Promised Place, then Byousoku 5 centimeters)
Old 2010-08-20, 13:24   Link #13
Dist

Oh yeah, you might like Hatsukoi Limited too. The first ep was kinda weird and I dropped the series for a while, but picked it up later and I liked it alot.
Old 2010-08-20, 18:38   Link #14
MasterVinh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithfalath View Post
add:
Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora
Kimi ni Todoke (cute romantic stuff)
Kimikiss Pure Rouge
Voices of A Distant Star (I recommend watch this first, then Beyond the Clouds, The Promised Place, then Byousoku 5 centimeters)
Wow thx for the suggestions I'll add them to my list and watch them 1 by 1 in your order :P
Quote:
Oh yeah, you might like Hatsukoi Limited too. The first ep was kinda weird and I dropped the series for a while, but picked it up later and I liked it alot.
hmm.. same thing happen for me for Clannad LOL I found the first eps boring then .. BOOM it hit me with a wow factor.. great anime.. yeah and thx again
Old 2010-08-20, 18:47   Link #15
Dist

Well.. that's not really the case with Hatsukoi Limited though.

The first episode seemed more based on comedy and randomness but the romance kicks on later, though perhaps not as excessively as in Clannad. The last episodes of Hatsukoi are gold though. There's big variety of girls too and boyfriends for each, and they're all also friends so it's a bit different.. You got your shy girl, a tsundere girl and some others.
Old 2010-08-20, 22:15   Link #16
Kazu
Flowing

cross game , I haven't finished, but its great so far
Old 2010-08-21, 08:26   Link #17
MasterVinh

LOL omfg.. well I wanted more animes to watch and now I got ... 14 more god animes(as you guys say) to watch! =D thx a lot .. I would still LOVE to have more more and more! I go ainme all the way..
Old 2010-08-21, 14:58   Link #18
kitten320

Since you are into romance with drama, how about Suzuka?

You could try Mai HiME since it has both romance, drama, humor and action. It might not be in your top list but it definitely is in mine.
Old 2010-08-21, 15:00   Link #19
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Cross Game

Kimi Ni Todoke

Maison Ikkoku

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Old 2010-08-22, 12:25   Link #20
MasterVinh

Quote:

ARIGATOU OMFG !!!!

ANGEL BEATS IS FREAKING GOD!!! I LOVED IT SO FCKING MUCH!!! amazing anime guys .. really amazing.. This you can cry to and hbe happy..

If only I could find another anime nice that one ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Since you are into romance with drama, how about Suzuka?

You could try Mai HiME since it has both romance, drama, humor and action. It might not be in your top list but it definitely is in mine.
Wow both animes you recommended me, I really enjoy the plot of the story I'll consider them ^^ thx for being honest

Last edited by MasterVinh; 2010-08-22 at 13:37.
Closed Thread