AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-On! - Favorite Main Character Poll
Tainaka Ritsu 9 16.67%
Hirasawa Yui 17 31.48%
Akiyama Mio 19 35.19%
Nakano Azusa 5 9.26%
Kotobuki Tsumugi 4 7.41%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-09-13, 12:48   Link #1
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

K-On! - Favorite Main Character Poll

Welcome to the K-On! - Favorite Main Character Poll!

As a test, instead of a multiple choice vote, you can vote for one character only. As usual, your vote is final once you click on the "vote now" tab so choose wisely!

The poll is public which means the votes will be visible to everyone!

Thread Rules
  • No campaigning for votes.
    Any post with "Vote for…/Do not vote for..." verbiage will be deleted. Discuss why you do or don’t like characters without campaigning for votes.
  • Do not insult or harass other members for their choices.
    Please remember: this is for fun. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter is always welcome, but harassing people won’t be tolerated.
  • Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It’s great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2011-09-13 at 12:58.
Old 2011-09-13, 13:04   Link #2
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Given that I was the one that requested this thread, I probably should be one of the first to vote.

I like the entire main character cast, and I think that they all work really well together.

For me, though, the strongest spices in the final dish are Ritsu and Yui. Those are the two characters that I simply find the most entertaining.

Ritsu's edge, imo, is that she has a bit more of a "down to Earth" side to her than Yui does. You probably get more "serious Ritsu" moments than "serious Yui" moments.

Yui's edge, imo, is that I actually find her to be an excellent stand-up comedian whenever the anime uses her in an "addressing the crowd" role. I've even compared her to Will Ferrell in this regard.

For me, it's a really tough choice between these two, but I have to settle on Yui. Yui is the wild-card, the goofball, the one who's totally unpredictable. At least that's how I see her. So that's why she has my vote in this.
Old 2011-09-13, 17:17   Link #3
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

No question! Definitely Yui Hirasawa!
Old 2011-09-13, 18:13   Link #4
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

I will wait for the poll to have more votes so that I can play kingmaker.

(aka Yui or Azusa)
Old 2011-09-13, 18:41   Link #5
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Mugi. Since despite her lack of screen time, she has a lot of unseen and unexpected traits, not to mention a great personality.

- The most experienced in music: Or should I say the one who has the longest experience with music. Played piano since four, and won several concurs since little.

- Skilled and Talented: Could cook very well, proficient at making teas and cakes, also could draw very well (her poster is the one chosen by Ritsu to promote the club) and of course that sandcastle thingy, lol She also knows many things. (How to take care a turtle pet, how to sew, speak Kansai dialect and also many general knowledges. Her academic capability is only second to Mio), she also has a quick progress in learning guitar, as noted by Azusa.

- "Background" Player: The backbone of the club. From setting the characteristic habit of the club (having tea and cakes, the name of the band originates from this habit), providing occasional financial support, the music composer of the club, and also the event organizer of many activities (like class 3-2's Romeo and Juliet and also Mio's Tea Party).

- Heart of Gold: She seems to be the one who knows and cares the most about her friends, very sociable (could get along with her classmates very well, like Ritsu). Very flexible in joining the "joking around" side (Yui and Ritsu) or the serious side (Mio and Azusa) although she seems to prefer the lazy side She's also very "down to earth" despite her wealth. Loves to live as a commoner and work hard.

- Comedic: Her arm strength, high body temperature, immune to cold, could read minds, and also very clueless when it comes to herself. Also a bribemaster in the manga She's also great at throwing jokes. Even Ritsu finds it very difficult to play tsukkomi against her.

I believe there are more, but that's all I could remember for the moment.
Despite what I say about her, I think this poll will end in her having the least voters
Old 2011-09-13, 22:42   Link #6
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I'll say Mugi because she's gotten to be more interesting of late.
Old 2011-09-13, 22:49   Link #7
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
I vote for Yui ... so there.

Actually Ui was my fave character from the show in general, but since she is not there Yui will do!
Old 2011-09-13, 23:20   Link #8
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

Although I also like Mugi, and Azusa-nyan has her moments: I went with my favorite Afterschool Tea Time member, Mio Akiyama the bassist.

Reasons:
- She often is the voice of reason for the band when they weren't as motivated to practice.

- She is so very cute when she gets embarrassed or scared of barnacles. And I also cannot watch horror movies.

- She is the bassist, and I love the bass. Also she is the most in-rhythm of the group, I think.

-She is the main lyricist and song writer for the group, and I mean c'mon who doesn't like fuwa fuwa time.

Last edited by AbZeroNow; 2011-09-13 at 23:48.
Old 2011-09-14, 00:39   Link #9
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

I'm having difficulty in deciding who to vote for. I've never really had an overall favourite character, very much liked them all equally.
The contrasts between the individual personalities and how they interact with each other is what made this anime enjoyable for me.
Looks like I'll be abstaining for now, but if I had to pick, my vote is leaning towards Mio.
EDIT: In the end... I voted Mio. She's the character whom I can relate to the most.

Last edited by blaze0041; 2011-09-23 at 03:19.
Old 2011-09-16, 06:42   Link #10
_Tenshi_

i picked mio
Old 2011-09-16, 07:16   Link #11
calorie

For me this is a no-brainer: Yui.

Why? Well, technically, a character of her type may not be that unique, if at all. But there is something about her that makes her moé in my eyes probably in the same way that some people like Mio, which I never quite understood.

She is cute in an endearing way but doesn't seem fake. Her gluttonous appetite is one thing I can relate to, and I like how she doesn't feel bad about it but enjoys life. The way that she picks up things and masters them without much effort might be annoying to some, but the innocent demeanor and overflowing love for her friends balance that out and rather make it a plus, even.

Another thing - she gets to be in all kinds of fun situations. Of course, she shouldn't get all the credit for that but it's plain fun to see her laze around and get fed by Ui, sleep with Gitah etc. I like how she can live a completely carefree life and find it relaxing to watch.

Last but not the least I simply adore her cute voice and her looks. I've got no complex explanations as far as that goes.
Old 2011-09-16, 23:44   Link #12
GreatTeacherKen

I voted for Kotobuki Tsumugi. She may get the least development of the girls, but I find something very charming about her personality, particularly the way she seems fascinated with the way her comparatively poorer friends live.

Plus, she seems to believe that sweets are the solution to everything, and that's something I can get behind.
Old 2011-09-17, 03:55   Link #13
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Azusa Nakano of course, she made me love the second season, I found her personality the best and to be most cute generally, and really liked how she started out resisting their antics despite secretly liking them, and to give eventually . Plus she's one of my favorite characters ever .
MAL
Old 2011-09-23, 02:50   Link #14
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

I've added a time limit to the poll, thus it will close on 2011-10-13 at 12:53.

Old 2011-09-23, 04:46   Link #15
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Yui, of course. *wink*
Old 2011-09-23, 19:10   Link #16
trenton_dawn
Silt

I'm gonna have to go with Ritsu on this one. Her energy and go-getter attitude are really infectious.
Old 2011-09-24, 04:53   Link #17
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

Newtype October Poll Ranking 2011

Mio lost to Yui. DX and mah kurisu's not even in the poll. DX

Old 2011-09-24, 20:13   Link #18
LC
Shocking Pink

Yui! She's one of my all-time favorite female characters, behind only Sheryl, Taiga, and Rukia. Her fun and care-free personality is so enjoyable to watch. She's the best friend I wish I had.
Old 2011-09-24, 20:26   Link #19
kitten320

Ritsu, no doubt there.

She is energetic and the main reason why we even have this show because she is the one who got them all together.

Not counting Yui, she is the main joker of the show who keeps all the fun coming. She can be shy but not to ridiculouse level like Mio. Besides without Ritsu, Mio would be no one. She is the one who keeps encorouging Mio and who brings her to the light with all her antics.

And she is always ready to help.
Old 2011-09-25, 09:39   Link #20
klare

Mio for me, always been my fav

btw a bit surprise to see the results