AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-07-29, 01:28   Link #3601
Raikuto
traitor of fate

During the Chibademy Quiz, I had a feeling Watari would reference ~7O3X~

I applaud Hachiman's honest attempt throughout this little 'quiz bowl'.
Raikuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-29, 05:22   Link #3602
lijenstina
Nihilism for Beginners

Actually, in volume one, concerning Hachiman's looks, Yukino said among other insults:

Quote:
“To start with, eyes such as yours, which emulate those of a rotten fish, will invariably leave a bad impression. I’m criticizing your unattractive facial expression, not your facial features. It is proof of your considerably twisted nature.”
Furthermore, that goes along with the Ponkan8's illustrations when Hikki's facial expression changes.

Spoiler for hikki:

“Talking nonsense is the sole privilege mankind possesses over the other organisms. It's by talking nonsense that one gets to the truth! I talk nonsense, therefore I'm human”
lijenstina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-29, 08:39   Link #3603
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by lijenstina View Post
Actually, in volume one, concerning Hachiman's looks, Yukino said among other insults:

Furthermore, that goes along with the Ponkan8's illustrations when Hikki's facial expression changes.

Spoiler for hikki:
That's merely fallacy through omission (the same thing Hikki is doing); Yukinon is merely making a point to being objective and unbiased.

For example, there it have been a few times where either Yui or Yukinon try to list Hikki's good points, and having a decent looking face is never brought up (and they are reaaaaaaaaalllllyyyyyyyy stretching it with what they praise about him , to the point of praising Komachi instead of him).

........ Checking it up, in fact when he mentioned that "having a good face" was a +1, Yui side snarked that it's merely his own statement. ("simply a siscon -2" )
Old 2014-07-29, 11:56   Link #3604
lijenstina
Nihilism for Beginners

I see your point, but that works in both ways. Omitting positive and negative things.
Neither of them are really honest about their feelings and thoughts. They'll just imply things or usually tell something in a roundabout way. That is related to the nature of most of their talks. It is varying from lightly to highly confrontational (but mostly friendly) banter where all sides pick at flaws of others but stay silent about the good parts (albeit Yui towards Yukino is the most affectionate). Also some bad things are omitted too (like how Hachiman noticed Yukino's being flat chested in vol. 1). Still with all of that, they are getting closer and closer - the good sides outweigh the bad ones but, most of the time, they weren't really vocalized because of the superficial nature of what their speeches are. Somehow, it resembles a game that they all enjoy doing- like when Yukino and Hachiman ganged on Shizuka and later on Yukino and Sensei on Hikki. An observation about Yukino reflects that: - "Perhaps she was really that happy with what she had said, but her eyes were sparkling; she really looked like she was enjoying herself."(vol. 1)

Yui and Yukino have the same discrepancy between what they really think and feel and what's being said. Yui also doesn't hold back on insults even though she likes Hachiman, or how Yukino didn't acknowledged him as a friend but an acquaintance (was it volume 6?). Not to mention that Yukino herself said the same kind of ego trip thing as Hachiman about him having fallen in love with her.

An example of a roundabout way of saying things was in preparation of the test of courage when Yui asked Hikki does the outfit looked good on her and he said something like: "I've would told you straight up if it didn't look good on you and seriously made fun of you, but it's too bad that I can't."

To cut the long story short, they like to tease each other when talking and we don't know how the girls really see his face.

“Talking nonsense is the sole privilege mankind possesses over the other organisms. It's by talking nonsense that one gets to the truth! I talk nonsense, therefore I'm human”

Last edited by lijenstina; 2014-07-29 at 12:14.
lijenstina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-29, 13:10   Link #3605
Heat066

I found an awesome AMV on Youtube:

Spoiler for :O:

Song: 億万笑者(Okuman Shouja)ーa man smiled thousands times and
laughed millions timesー by Radwinps.

Awesome isn't it?
Heat066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-29, 13:15   Link #3606
Distoch

I pictured him as a little above average but his eyes ruin his face , obviously he is not handsome like Hayama , even without the eyes , but he isn't bad either.

I remember another moment (maybe the last for now) where he mentionned his looks during his monologue about how he pedestaled Yukino which was a pretty serious moment and he listed the things he liked about himself including his looks which he qualified as "not ugly" in my subs.

Overall I think his looks won't make him stand out in a good or bad way , but his expression , solitude and attitude aren't making him appealing to most people , at least at first sight.
Distoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-29, 13:53   Link #3607
Quol
That Guy

Yea i believe that Hikki's look are above average but most people wont really notice because of his eyes. Komachi implied that his looks are good too and i would consider her opinion to be pretty reliable, since they are close siblings she doesnt have to act nice infront of him or sugarcoat her words.
Quol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-01, 05:22   Link #3608
Triok123

found full 6.5 pic....mobile style...http://tieba.baidu.com/p/3201543011 dat hikki face when talking with saki....
Triok123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-01, 08:10   Link #3609
Heat066

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triok123 View Post
found full 6.5 pic....mobile style...http://tieba.baidu.com/p/3201543011 dat hikki face when talking with saki....
Those illustrations looks gorgeous...hate to admit it but Sagami looks pretty cute

Also I guess I was too quick to judge before, Hikki's still got his rotten eyes.
Old 2014-08-01, 08:37   Link #3610
Triok123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heat066 View Post
Those illustrations looks gorgeous...hate to admit it but Sagami looks pretty cute

Also I guess I was too quick to judge before, Hikki's still got his rotten eyes.
still wondering why Hikki would such a face when talking to saki...
Triok123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-01, 09:07   Link #3611
JDFUdude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triok123 View Post
As always Ponkan8 illustrations are awesome.

On a side note: Dat Hikki's weird expression when talking to Saki.
JDFUdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-01, 13:01   Link #3612
SuitUp
ˇGracias Totales!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lijenstina View Post
Yui and Yukino have the same discrepancy between what they really think and feel and what's being said. Yui also doesn't hold back on insults even though she likes Hachiman, or how Yukino didn't acknowledged him as a friend but an acquaintance (was it volume 6?). Not to mention that Yukino herself said the same kind of ego trip thing as Hachiman about him having fallen in love with her.
Not that she was wrong by much if we go by Hikki's thoughts about her, wich range between acknowledge her beauty, to downright poetry (cheap, but still).
SuitUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-01, 14:41   Link #3613
Heat066

Hmm...I was searching on Pixiv and found something interesting.

I thought this was impossible...but how wrong I was..

Spoiler for o.O:
Old 2014-08-02, 01:47   Link #3614
SomeChineseGuy
Lazy Blanket Cat

Quote:

Spoiler for o.O:
Ships happen(lame pun intended).

On topic of pics, found this on Pixiv

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.p...st_id=45013015 .
SomeChineseGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-02, 03:40   Link #3615
Tenzen12

That realy made me wonder, how much would be spoiled daughter of HikkI and Saki, with their tendencies for dottimy...

Edit: lol I actually wrote that BEGORE (due slow mobile connection) looking on that pixiv.... :heh

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2014-08-02 at 03:50.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-02, 05:14   Link #3616
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:

Spoiler for o.O:
You know what made me wonder even more than this?

It's that "why isn't there one already."

There's already some Sagami/Hachiman writings in Pixiv, so I was waiting for someone else to do the dirty deed with fanart.

Took them long enough.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-02, 13:15   Link #3617
Heat066

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Assassin View Post
You know what made me wonder even more than this?

It's that "why isn't there one already."

There's already some Sagami/Hachiman writings in Pixiv, so I was waiting for someone else to do the dirty deed with fanart.

Took them long enough.
Wow, now that I imagine it, if there was a side story this would be a really interesting pair to develop, love/hate relationship...

foe yay all the way.
Old 2014-08-02, 13:25   Link #3618
Tenzen12

.... isn't that exactly how Hachiman and Yukino interaction started in first place?

That said, this is only "Harem" where ANY spin-off would work perfectly (with exception of Yuis and Saikas)
Old 2014-08-02, 13:41   Link #3619
Heat066

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
.... isn't that exactly how Hachiman and Yukino interaction started in first place?

That said, this is only "Harem" where ANY spin-off would work perfectly (with exception of Yuis and Saikas)
That's true but there would be a difference:

A SagamixHachiman route would start with much emphasis on the hate rather than the love.
Old 2014-08-02, 13:45   Link #3620
Tenzen12

...I still don't see that difference

Tags
club, comedy, delayed release date, dramedy, fake harem, gagaga bunko, harem, hinedere, kuuderes, philosophy, romance, school life, slice of life, social psychology, train wreck