Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-08-25, 09:47   Link #18001
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata View Post
Well, we'll find out for sure soon enough, but this is a guy who smiled while F.L.E.I.J.A. was fired. A guy who smiles through massive death (and planned for it too) sounds pretty bad to me.
As Var said, it was used for turning the tides of war.
And again, we don't know enough about Schneizel's history. He could still be just as duped due to family mindscrewing just as much as Lelouch and everyone else.

Quote:
No proof she knew about it - that's another assumption people are making. For example, it could simply be that Marianne dismissed the guard because she wanted some privacy with her family or something - and the "terrorists" used that opportunity to attack. That Marianne could have known about the attack in advance could easily be a red herring from the writers.
lol. Grasping at straws much?
Old 2008-08-25, 09:52   Link #18002
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orga777 View Post
As Var said, it was used for turning the tides of war.
And again, we don't know enough about Schneizel's history. He could still be just as duped due to family mindscrewing just as much as Lelouch and everyone else.

lol. Grasping at straws much?
well she could set herself up to fall only to work in the background, doing what must be done for a higher cause, but what cause is it I wonder?
Old 2008-08-25, 09:54   Link #18003
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
And the reverse is also true so you have no point. If anything it takes more assumptions to argue that she is good than the opposite.

Uh, no. She knew... in fact it was flat out stated that she knew. So... what is your point?
That's where comparisons with Lulu came in.

It is very easy to splice various moments of Lulu's actions together in order to give the impression that he is an uncaring monster. One can argue that he could have done a better job at running the rebellion and spare his friends and family a lot of grief. But we know he really tried his best to not hurt anyone he cared about. The fact that he wasn't very successful at it, doesn't mean he didn't try.

A lot of off-screen events occurred concerning Marianne. And if like Lulu, she had private affairs that are too complicated to explain, then just like Lulu Marianne could hurt those she cared about by proxy.

Yes, a lot of things have happened that were bad. But it is too early to claim Marianne could have appeared and fixed everything. After all, Lulu didn't fix everything even though he tried.
Old 2008-08-25, 10:10   Link #18004
sLum
Suzaku vi Brittania

God who the fuck thinks someone who abandons their children can possibly, shit even remotely be considered anything but nearly a purely black character.
Old 2008-08-25, 10:12   Link #18005
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sLum View Post
God who the fuck thinks someone who abandons their children can possibly, shit even remotely be considered anything but nearly a purely black character.
I do.

It's stupid to judge the things she's done without knowing her true motivations or the circumstances in which the things that we know happened occured.
Old 2008-08-25, 10:13   Link #18006
sLum
Suzaku vi Brittania

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer View Post
I do.

It's stupid to judge the things she's done without knowing her true motivations or the cicumstances in which the things that we know happened occured.
It's not judging, you are a twisted individual if you think she can be good in any way. Next thing we'll find out Hitler was planning something for the greater good and it was all a ruse...
Old 2008-08-25, 10:13   Link #18007
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
The same way someone who shot his first love, blew up his sister, and caused the death of a girl who loves him and her father could be considered not a purely black character.
Old 2008-08-25, 10:13   Link #18008
Micante

Quote:
Yes... because taking care of her children in the body of a girl that's younger than her children would have gone over so well... especially when she might not even be able to maintain control of the body at times.
Old 2008-08-25, 10:15   Link #18009
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micante View Post
Yes... because taking care of her children in the body of a girl that's younger than her children would have gone over so well... especially when she can't even maintain control of the body at times.
Where did that last part come from? She took over completely and we did not see any sign of Anya after she took over.
Old 2008-08-25, 10:15   Link #18010
sLum
Suzaku vi Brittania

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
The same way someone who shot their first love, blew up his sister, and caused the death of a girl who loves him and her father could be considered not a purely black character.
Yes Lelouch is almost nearly black as well. He even acknowledges it, why can't you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micante View Post
Yes... because taking care of her children in the body of a girl that's younger than her children would have gone over so well... especially when she can't even maintain control of the body at times.
Um you've missed the whole point of this argument haven't you?
Old 2008-08-25, 10:15   Link #18011
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD

Quote:
It's not judging, you are a twisted individual if you think she can be good in any way. Next thing we'll find out Hitler was planning something for the greater good and it was all a ruse...
Ehh... because there is NO such thing as a full dark character in Code Geass. It just isn't the way this series goes. They may crap on people in favor of their own plans and their own personal goals, but it doesn't make them pure malevolent evil.
Old 2008-08-25, 10:16   Link #18012
Micante

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
Where did that last part come from? She took over completely and we did not see any sign of Anya after she took over.
I guess I'll add a maybe or something, then.
Old 2008-08-25, 10:18   Link #18013
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Yes Lelouch is almost nearly black as well. He even acknowledge it, why can't you?
Lulu spent the entire series refusing to geass people into slaves until now. If he was almost nearly black as you claimed, he would have done that in episode 1.

We all know Lulu is a liar, just as many other characters in the show is. So taking his words as evidence without putting it into context, makes no sense.
Old 2008-08-25, 10:18   Link #18014
sLum
Suzaku vi Brittania

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orga777 View Post
Ehh... because there is NO such thing as a full dark character in Code Geass. It just isn't the way this series goes. They may crap on people in favor of their own plans and their own personal goals, but it doesn't make them pure malevolent evil.
Of course no one can be purely black but most of their character can be malevolent (extremely selfish in terms of Code Geass).

Edit: He doesn't lie to himself for the love of god only to others. We hear his thoughts when we see him speaking to himself.
Old 2008-08-25, 10:19   Link #18015
Micante

Quote:
Um you've missed the whole point of this argument haven't you?
If I missed it, I wouldn't know what I missed.
Old 2008-08-25, 10:21   Link #18016
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Of course no one can be purely black but most of their character can be malevolent (extremely selfish in terms of Code Geass).

Edit: He doesn't lie to himself for the love of god only to others. We hear his thoughts when we see him speaking to himself.
And you are avoiding my argument, which is that until you hear out Marianne's reasons for being "unavailable" all these years, you can't assume she doesn't have a good reason.

Yes, she could be evil. I haven't ruled that out. But there is just as much chance of Marianne having a good excuse of laying low until now.

Quote:
He was to throw Rollo away like a rag. But he went through the trouble of burying Rollo's body even though he didn't have to. He was also suppose to eliminate any obstacles in his way at all costs, but he avoided killing Suzaku for the entire 1st season at great cost to the rebellion.

It is not what he think he is inside, but what he does, that defines him.
Old 2008-08-25, 10:22   Link #18017
sLum
Suzaku vi Brittania

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
And you are avoiding my argument, which is that until you hear out Marianne's reasons for being "unavailable" all these years, you can't assume she doesn't have a good reason.

Yes, she could be evil. I haven't ruled that out. But there is just as much chance of Marianne having a good excuse of laying low until now.
There is never an excuse for abandoning your children for so many years knowing your son is waging war.
Old 2008-08-25, 10:26   Link #18018
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
There is never an excuse for abandoning your children for so many years knowing your son is waging war.
There is also no excuse for killing your first love, or blowing up your sister, or burying a girl's father under a landslide.

Just because there was no excuses for it doesn't mean there was a choice to not do it. Some things happen whether you wanted it to happen or not.
Old 2008-08-25, 10:32   Link #18019
C.C.
Gray Witch

Sorry, I don't know if it has been posted, but if someone can give me a translation, I'll be grateful!

Spoiler for Image:
Old 2008-08-25, 10:33   Link #18020
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.C. View Post
Sorry, I don't know if it has been posted, but if someone can give me a translation, I'll be grateful!

Spoiler for Image:
I haven't seen it before. So a translation would be very nice =D

Marianne looks nice in that picture
Closed Thread

Tags
speculation, spoiler, spoilers, theories