AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-02-01, 16:56   Link #201
Weird D
Just existing...

To be honest, the whole 'Raki has the scent of the south' was never confirmed to begin with. When they met, Priscilla said Raki smelled nice, and Isley theorized what she was talking about.

It is possible that Yagi misled us from the beginning, and that It was indeed Clare's scent.

What I'm wondering is why would Clare or Teresa's scent bring Priscilla back to her senses when Priscilla loathed Teresa.

And I swear, if Claymore starts copying Naruto, I'm going to be very disappointed...
Priscilla = Itachi
Clare = Sasuke
Raki = Naruto

Poor Raki, now his ionly purpose will be to be brainwashed into the Org's new weapon.
Old 2010-02-01, 17:20   Link #202
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
*sigh

It's not that I don't like her, I just hate her overpopularity and the feeling that Claire will never be important or do anything with herself because everything is so tied to Teresa. In many ways, I feel like Teresa never died at all...and I don't like that.

I want Claire to be her own person, not Teresa's avatar.
Not that I don't agree with you, because I do, but I do feel that Claire and Teresa are different people who can stand on their own merits. Where I feel Teresa "overshadows" Claire is in the unknowns of her power, something which has been hinted at since that arc as being in a completely different league altogether. Did Claire inherit that? Or did her powers originate from herself (the desire to get revenge), or is it a mixture of both? What part is Teresa, what part is Claire...and does it really matter in the end?

Since the arc we've had two occasions where Teresa makes an appearance - in Claire's dream (after the comment by Miria of "I felt as if the strongest was before me"), and Raphaela astonished that a recruit was so at ease in a forest crawling with Yoma. Now we have Priscilla looking for her lost memories and it seems Teresa will be the trigger for this in some way. I guess you can count the extra scene as well since it's canon.

In any case Teresa's death set off a chain reaction of events that are leading up to something. It's no coincidence that Yagi keeps her in the shadows of the story...she's not just there to be Claire's motivation. Something's up, and we're quickly heading toward a huge moment in the story...really huge.
Old 2010-02-01, 17:31   Link #203
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weird D View Post
To be honest, the whole 'Raki has the scent of the south' was never confirmed to begin with. When they met, Priscilla said Raki smelled nice, and Isley theorized what she was talking about.

It is possible that Yagi misled us from the beginning, and that It was indeed Clare's scent.

What I'm wondering is why would Clare or Teresa's scent bring Priscilla back to her senses when Priscilla loathed Teresa.

And I swear, if Claymore starts copying Naruto, I'm going to be very disappointed...
Priscilla = Itachi
Clare = Sasuke
Raki = Naruto

Poor Raki, now his ionly purpose will be to be brainwashed into the Org's new weapon.
What do you mean it was never confirmed? It's been confirmed many times over since the very beginning when his brother said he was the most irresitible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace
Not that I don't agree with you, because I do, but I do feel that Claire and Teresa are different people who can stand on their own merits. Where I feel Teresa "overshadows" Claire is in the unknowns of her power, something which has been hinted at since that arc as being in a completely different league altogether. Did Claire inherit that? Or did her powers originate from herself (the desire to get revenge), or is it a mixture of both? What part is Teresa, what part is Claire...and does it really matter in the end?

Since the arc we've had two occasions where Teresa makes an appearance - in Claire's dream (after the comment by Miria of "I felt as if the strongest was before me"), and Raphaela astonished that a recruit was so at ease in a forest crawling with Yoma. Now we have Priscilla looking for her lost memories and it seems Teresa will be the trigger for this in some way. I guess you can count the extra scene as well since it's canon.

In any case Teresa's death set off a chain reaction of events that are leading up to something. It's no coincidence that Yagi keeps her in the shadows of the story...she's not just there to be Claire's motivation. Something's up, and we're quickly heading toward a huge moment in the story...really huge.
In summation, I just prefer Teresa to keep being in the background. If she influences the story, like her power, it's fine because some influences are inevitable. I simply prefer her to remain in the shadows where she has been up till now.

I don't want to see Claire giving any faint smiles, if you know what I mean .
Old 2010-02-01, 17:36   Link #204
Ulquihorror

Raphaela needs to pop out of raciella and slap priscilla.
Irene will then pop out of nowhere and save clare

maybe then priscilla will regain her memories
Old 2010-02-01, 17:54   Link #205
rukori
Bloody legend

Does anyone thinks Clare used the flash sword? Logic says she did, cause she had no reason to hold back there, but it just doesn't seem so to me. Sometimes she used two hands to swing the sword, and the others she just seemed to be swinging wildly...
Old 2010-02-01, 18:04   Link #206
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by rukori View Post
Does anyone thinks Clare used the flash sword? Logic says she did, cause she had no reason to hold back there, but it just doesn't seem so to me. Sometimes she used two hands to swing the sword, and the others she just seemed to be swinging wildly...
I think that was her first attack (could have been windcutter though but the sword was out and not on her back...) but Priscilla was so fast that she was able to kick Clare through her rapid slashes anyways. Maybe the two handed attack was Clare trying not to repeat that mistake but your right she was using two hands. Of course the final attack was clearly a quick sword (flash sword) attack with extra awakened limbs joining the attack. Which got a few hits in but over all was nothing compared to what Priscilla did to her in return. Clare's going to have to reach her next plateau if she has any chance against Priscilla and win, what I'm I saying I mean just to survive a few moments if Priscilla get serious. She's that far out of Clare's league.
Old 2010-02-01, 18:06   Link #207
Zsych

Well, it was always my impression that Clare would be crushed like an ant by Priscilla... that's what's wrong with the anime's ending... you can't continue properly without undoing the last several eps.

At this point, I'm not sure how much more fight Clare has in her. Priscilla might just leave out of boredom.

Also, where the story can go from here is all iffy. Super Clare.. has limited story potential. Clare herself (with most baddies dead), has limited story potential.
... and Claymore in general with the 1 chapter per month, has limited potential, since you can't expect it to run indefinitely, and that's just really slow to tell any complicated story in.
Old 2010-02-01, 18:06   Link #208
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weird D View Post
Priscilla = Itachi
Clare = Sasuke
Raki = Naruto

While the whole thing about Raki's smell was confirmed, since as Shrek pointed out Raki's scent was always irresistible from the very beginning, that resemblance you listed is uncanny, and it's really scaring me. However, I'd rather look at Claymore on its own and not compared it to any other.

Quote:
LOL, I gotta rep you for that!!!!
Old 2010-02-01, 18:08   Link #209
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
It might be an improvement...has Claire ever smiled since she became a Claymore?
Old 2010-02-01, 18:14   Link #210
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
It might be an improvement...has Claire ever smiled since she became a Claymore?
Yes, right after Raki kicked Cid in the nuts. Chapter 11 page 29
Old 2010-02-01, 18:33   Link #211
Ulquihorror

wow, so Clare can really call back and forth her ab arms and legs?
What happened in the end? Did Priscilla rip off all of clare's extra extensions? Or they just disappeared by themselves, leaving a huge pool of blood?
What destroyed clare's body? o_O
With priscilla's strength, stepping on clare's head, wouldn't it crush it to pieces? Plus that kick from prisc looks painful, with her strength she must have penetrated into clare
Did Raciella shoot that projectile toward priscilla in order to save clare?
Old 2010-02-01, 18:35   Link #212
MalakTawus

It seems a lot of people are wondering about the "smell"topic,but imo it's a lot more interesting the fact that Claire was forced back from her semi-awakening.
At first i thought it was Priscilla's work,but now i'm almost sure it's something else.
The other options are Galatea,Raph or Teresa.
Galatea could do something like this,no doubt about it,but let's be serious,do you really think it's a good idea to revert back Claire while she is attacking someone as powerful as Priscilla?It could be VERY dangerous.....
.....so imo the most logical reasons are Teresa and Raph,but atm it's almost impossible to understand which one......
Old 2010-02-01, 18:39   Link #213
orpheust

In the end, Priscilla is mildly surprised that Clare is unable to truly awaken. And on the left side bar it says some kind of abnormality happened when Clare attempted to use the form that defeated Rigaldo in Pieta. So it's not really that Priscilla defeated Clare's queen of blades form, just that Clare lost the ability to maintain it, though I wouldn't be surprised if Priscilla could easily defeat Clare's awakened form either (but that didn't happen). It might have something to do with the half-awakened state, and that Clare had already fully awakened once? None of the characters in the manga know much about the half-awakened state, since the ones that half-awakened were the first ones to do so to their knowledge. or if it has something to do with Raphaela or Teresa or even Irene, that's a possibility too; so many abnormalities with Clare it's hard to determine what's making her unable to maintain awakened state right now.
Old 2010-02-01, 18:43   Link #214
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel

There must be an explanation for theresa's and priscilla's brute strength.
It could be that priscilla feels drawn to theresa's smell because they are somehow special in their manufacturing process. Perhaps made from two special or super strong yoma or something. It is a wild speculation but gooral mentioned it that it should be statistically significant to have two such outliers in two succeeding generations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orpheust View Post
In the end, Priscilla is mildly surprised that Clare is unable to truly awaken. And on the left side bar it says some kind of abnormality happened when Clare attempted to use the form that defeated Rigaldo in Pieta. So it's not really that Priscilla defeated Clare's queen of blades form, just that Clare lost the ability to maintain it, though I wouldn't be surprised if Priscilla could easily defeat Clare's awakened form either (but that didn't happen). It might have something to do with the half-awakened state, and that Clare had already fully awakened once? None of the characters in the manga know much about the half-awakened state, since the ones that half-awakened were the first ones to do so to their knowledge. or if it has something to do with Raphaela or Teresa or even Irene, that's a possibility too; so many abnormalities with Clare it's hard to determine what's making her unable to maintain awakened state right now.
This with the left side bar is interesting. But to me it seems more that someone stopped clare. Theresa, rafaella, galatea or Priscilla suppressed clare's yoki with some kind of yoki alignment?? Clare IMO wasn't cut back, she turned back because her arms were uninjured. But The blood which spreads from her back indicates that priscilla had cut her indeed. I don't know. At least i have to see the fully translated chapter with the sidenote

Quote:
It seems a lot of people are wondering about the "smell"topic,but imo it's a lot more interesting the fact that Claire was forced back from her semi-awakening.
Just what i thought about too. That's the IMO most important question. Was it really priscilla?
Old 2010-02-01, 18:45   Link #215
MalakTawus

Quote:
....so many abnormalities with Clare it's hard to determine what's making her unable to maintain awakened state right now.
Agree 100%
Old 2010-02-01, 18:58   Link #216
Tom Bombadil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weils View Post
SCENE 100: "Meeting with the Bitter Enemy" (仇敵邂逅)

Deneve: What...what the hell...that person, why is she able to walk normally around here?
Clare: Pris..cilla
Priscilla: I'm so hungry...all these long !
Priscilla: What is this...
Clare: Gaaaaaa
(Clare slashes Priscilla all over, but is dealt a slashing blow over her body instead)
Priscilla: What is this...weren't you not supposed to awaken?

To be continued April issue.
I am not too confident about my own Japanese skills, but I think the translation of the last sentence is debatable.

あなた 覚醒なんててきないじゃない?

The Chinese scan translated this sentence to " You were not able to awake, were you?" Or something in that fashion. I am leaning toward this translation. But this also bring up the important question:"why?" Guess that will be explained in the next chapter.
Old 2010-02-01, 19:09   Link #217
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post
I am not too confident about my own Japanese skills, but I think the translation of the last sentence is debatable.

あなた 覚醒なんててきないじゃない?

The Chinese scan translated this sentence to " You were not able to awake, were you?" Or something in that fashion. I am leaning toward this translation. But this also bring up the important question:"why?" Guess that will be explained in the next chapter.
That's a big difference! With major repercussions for Clare, if not all the partially awakened. Don't tell me Jean died for nothing. Please be a change since Jean's sacrifice to prevent Clare's awakening! You know a result of suppressing there yokis or Jean herself. If not, it's a kick in the gut to Jean fans.
Old 2010-02-01, 19:18   Link #218
orpheust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post

あなた 覚醒なんててきないじゃない?

Yeah your English translation of that Chinese scan pretty much captures the Japanese text.

Priscilla: "What's wrong with you? (disappointment) You... can't even awaken, can you?"

Poor Priscilla, she's basically disappointed the whole fight. Big letdown that she couldn't regain her memories just from tracking down the smell, and now she's got to babysit some random superweak stranger who keeps attacking her ><
Old 2010-02-01, 19:21   Link #219
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by orpheust View Post
Yeah your English translation of that Chinese scan pretty much captures the Japanese text.

Priscilla: "What's wrong with you? (disappointment) You... can't even awaken, can you?"

Poor Priscilla, she's basically disappointed the whole fight. Big letdown that she couldn't regain her memories just from tracking down the smell, and now she's got to babysit some random superweak stranger who keeps attacking her ><
Does that mean Clare can go to awakened limb form at will, with no consequences?

She's taken the next step in her awakening and it's taken us a day to figure it out?
Old 2010-02-01, 19:25   Link #220
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel

The question is who suppressed her?
Candidate number one:
Rafaella, she was used to suppress her yoki and gave clare her soul. Perhaps she is still trying to suppress yoki even inside of clare?
Candidate number two:
Priscilla:
With her huge yoki and her suppression abilities she could perhaps prevent clare from awakening. But she seems more disappointed.
Candidate number three:
Theresa:
She always wanted her to die as a human.
Candidate number three:
Galatea:
She did it once she does it now. Improbable because what use is it to let clare become killed by priscilla.
Candidate number 5:
Clare:
She suddenly had a change of heart and wanted to get slaughtered by priscilla instead of loosing her humanity. Meh