AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-05-12, 20:35   Link #801
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

来るなんて、格好良い、しかも、思ってなかったから、インカム映像で見ていた遠山君が、ががが 、ぴい
Directly: -would come here, so cool, moreover, I never thought that, the Tohyama-kun I've been seeing on the incam monitor, h-h-h-he, ahh

I moved the 'he' that might be before the came here to the end of the sentence, to denote the が.

Current translation:
"W-Which I've only seen from the incam monitor, he's so cool, I-I didn't think he would come here, moreover, Tohyama-kun! Aah..."

Does my Japanese just fail, or is the order a little different? Oo
As a side note: Interesting choice of transcription of かっこいい, I had never realized that that might be the origin of the phrase.

And as another side note, is it weird if I find it easier to understand with kanji than without? I'm starting to develop the bad habit of voicing the kanji I don't know in my head, in Chinese, as I read.
Icy.Tear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-12, 21:17   Link #802
Nera Sleith
我らがツインテールに、勝る萌え無し!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoakeNoHikari View Post
Buah, I just saw your edit on the wiki.

And, I should've checked the raw on that one. Well, since く−くるなんて was at the beginning of the sentence, I suggested that we move the 'come', back there. Doesn't really matter though, so long as it's jumbled, since Japanese sentence structure and English sentence structure are inherently different.

Unfortunately, I have no money to buy light novels.

And, what the hell is an incam monitor? I presume she's talking about the video input of the camera attached to the headset?
Incam monitor, I translated that one literally. It's the shorterned term for intercam. I am not sure what intercam is like in Butei, but intercam is like a camera installed in front of one's house (in Japan). Basically, it's a way to see the person outside ringing on your door. The other person can't see you but you can see them in an incoming monitor. In Butei, I guess インカム映像 like is a visual broadcast of the other person you're communicating with.

I changed the order to emphasize the scrambling of phrases. Actually, the direct translation doesn't sound that much off in terms of order when you translate them in English. And yes, it's up to interpretation. It should work as long as sentence is jumbled.

Quote:
And as another side note, is it weird if I find it easier to understand with kanji than without? I'm starting to develop the bad habit of voicing the kanji I don't know in my head, in Chinese, as I read.
I think it's not only you. I find it easier to read the text with kanjis as well. This is the case for Chinese and also the case for fluent Japanese.

Contrary to non-Japanese speaker, while kanjis are quite intimidating to read, but for those accustomed to them, it facilitates reading instead because it basically relays information directly. In hiragana, it takes a while until it clicks on you what they are saying. Most of the time, a same Japanese words have multiple meaning but the distinction is easily identified if kanji is used instead. Also makes distinction between inflection/particles and vocabularies easier.

Last edited by Nera Sleith; 2011-05-12 at 21:40.
Nera Sleith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-12, 22:21   Link #803
ZeKeR
Superbad

ookay... Misaki... even in close range you still use the phone... its like she's an even more shy version of Shirayuki....
Old 2011-05-13, 00:39   Link #804
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

Nera, I think it might be intercom rather than intercam.
Old 2011-05-13, 00:51   Link #805
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

The reason we use Intercam is because the katakana is インカン, which is 'inkan'.

Or incam, as it were.
Old 2011-05-13, 01:03   Link #806
larethian

Quote:
The reason we use Intercam is because the katakana is インカン, which is 'inkan'.

Or incam, as it were.
參考サイト:
http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%82%...82%AB%E3%83%A0
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-13, 01:25   Link #807
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

なるほど。このコンテクストでヘドセットの意味ですから。

So, keep it as incam or change it to headset?
Old 2011-05-13, 01:43   Link #808
Nera Sleith
我らがツインテールに、勝る萌え無し!

The 4th one? Hmm, given the インカム映像, I think the 3rd one (インターカム) is closer.
I'm still not sure, or maybe it was something simpler like incoming visual image.

Well, incam is a direct translation of インカム. In English, I doubt that's appropriate. I think I complicated the translated line by changing it to incam. Do you remember what you put there before I edited it? Let's rather use that. I can't check bt for some reason atm. I think it's down.
Old 2011-05-13, 02:37   Link #809
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nera Sleith View Post
The 4th one? Hmm, given the インカム映像, I think the 3rd one (インターカム) is closer.
I'm still not sure, or maybe it was something simpler like incoming visual image.

Well, incam is a direct translation of インカム. In English, I doubt that's appropriate. I think I complicated the translated line by changing it to incam. Do you remember what you put there before I edited it? Let's rather use that. I can't check bt for some reason atm. I think it's down.
Intercom is like... attached to the wall if im not mistaken... how about the headset term?

BT is down...
Old 2011-05-13, 02:49   Link #810
Nera Sleith
我らがツインテールに、勝る萌え無し!

In the 4th one, インカム(incam) is just another term for ヘドセット (headset) in Japanese.

So BT is down... again.

Edit:
My last post for a while. I won't have internet a few days.
I'll dedicate this post to Nakasorachi:
Spoiler for Misaki:

Last edited by Nera Sleith; 2011-05-13 at 03:07.
Nera Sleith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-13, 03:07   Link #811
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

Alright.

Translating it as headset-cam, since it makes specific reference to the headset before.

And, see you later, Nera-senpai~
Old 2011-05-13, 03:08   Link #812
Nera Sleith
我らがツインテールに、勝る萌え無し!

Sounds good to me.
Old 2011-05-13, 05:27   Link #813
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

いきなり覚えました、インカムのにあたしはインカンを使いました。眠い。。。

Damn, now I have to do French. Headache...
Old 2011-05-13, 08:51   Link #814
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
I get everything locally through Kinokuniya. If they don't have it, I ask them to ship from their HQ in Japan. Cost is the same as local purchase. Cost per book is about 3 to 4 USD more than original price.
Too bad they don't ship everything though....*stares at Demonbane novels* painful...

Quote:
NDPを見たのかい?

HAH SAME.....I have to force myself to think of kanji in Jap pronounciations. Also if you erase all kanji, the chances of me understanding a sentence go down by like 30%...
Old 2011-05-13, 09:04   Link #815
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

NDPって何?National Day Parade? 見りませんでした。 NSを使いますか?

But yeah, I still need a lot of practice* in terms of reading purely in Japanese.

Just realized I forgot to include Jeanne's picture.

At any rate, my favorite line from Volume 6: "...Jeanne, you're pretty popular, aren't you. Even if among the female students. I may not know why, but it seems that she's a beautiful person that's just as attractive to girls."

Last edited by Icy.Tear; 2011-05-13 at 09:16.
Old 2011-05-13, 09:55   Link #816
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

そうです。。。明日にプラクティスを始まる。これは不味い時訓練。。。最近の温度は35°。えらい目でしょ 。

The winning line for me has to be Kinji's "......."

after listening to Reki babble about the wind after trying to kill Aria

はい。。。。我は軍に徴兵された。
Old 2011-05-13, 10:01   Link #817
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

そうそう、確かにお楽しみにでしょう?
「がんばってください。」と、HIKARIは答えます。

Hah, that was pretty good too.
Old 2011-05-13, 10:22   Link #818
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoakenohikari View Post
そうそう、確かにお楽しみにでしょう?
「がんばってください。」と、hikariは答えます。

hah, that was pretty good too.
楽し?!あはははははははははははは!!!!!

いやだな。。。冗談はやめてよ。。。。

陸軍は武偵高じゃないよ。。。。でも満足感じたと思う。。。

Now of course if you put Reki spinning her Dragunov at the head of the formation then you'll get a whole 'nother level of enthusiasm...
Old 2011-05-13, 10:33   Link #819
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

lol, slipping chat in Japanese while writing topic-related English to camouflage it .

Back to the topic though, finally finished reading the novel up to the latest volume. I wonder why, it's still a harem story, but some harem story like HnA is good while other harem story can be really unbearable XD.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-13, 10:50   Link #820
doomknight

So Kinji got a black Desert Eagle, i will have to check that i just remember the Desert Eagle from CS . I wonder who really is the dangerous Reki or the "Wind".. , now so a lot of people in the school respect Kinji even though he didnt know, even Jeanne seems to respect him after hearing about the exam.. if he was "friendlier" he probably could have an army of Butei at his service or im just exaggerating ?

Tags
action, detectives, guns, harem, lolis, mf bunko j, romance, shounen