AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-12-01, 05:26   Link #61
Shadow5YA

Two questions that I didn't understand from the episode:

1) What exactly did the charm Shun gave to Saki do? I know they said it protected from the cats, how does it work? In the anime it looked like it was just a neckguard that kept cats from sinking their fangs into Saki... which doesn't completely add up to me. What's keeping them from biting another part of Saki's body?

2) Shun was wearing a mask that he said he wouldn't take off when Saki was talking with him. What is the point of the mask?

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2012-12-01 at 07:40.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-01, 10:56   Link #62
deadsea

What happened to Shun, Mamoru and Maria when Saki and Satoru were fighing the Rat things? Anyone? or just they found a safe place to be, and waited near the canoes to Saki and Satoru return...
deadsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-01, 16:05   Link #63
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Spoiler for Shun:
Spoiler for Comment:
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-01, 19:11   Link #64
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Two questions that I didn't understand from the episode:

1) What exactly did the charm Shun gave to Saki do? I know they said it protected from the cats, how does it work? In the anime it looked like it was just a neckguard that kept cats from sinking their fangs into Saki... which doesn't completely add up to me. What's keeping them from biting another part of Saki's body?

2) Shun was wearing a mask that he said he wouldn't take off when Saki was talking with him. What is the point of the mask?
To be honest I don't remember the anti-cat charm and my head hurts so I'd rather not look it up...

As for 2) it's called "the mask of purity" (perhaps this is an OK translation for it). It's a mask children wear at the annual mamemaki ritual (called tsuina in the book, which is historically the original ritual), when they throw beans to drive away evil spirits, specifically akki and gouma. (People playing the akki and the gouma are also wearing specific masks.)

Spoiler for dunno if spoiler or not, this hasn't been mentioned so far in the anime:

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsea View Post
What happened to Shun, Mamoru and Maria when Saki and Satoru were fighing the Rat things? Anyone? or just they found a safe place to be, and waited near the canoes to Saki and Satoru return...
They were basically lurking around the whole time. First they wanted to get to Satoru and Saki, but when they saw they couldn't they tried to go and get help. But since they were worried that they would be seen by the bakenezumi, and also noticed that there was a conflict going on, they decided to hide until night, which is when they unexpectedly met up with Satoru & Saki who were also trying to find the canoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Spoiler for Comment:
I really don't want to spoil it... so I say see it for yourself.
Spoiler for Shun:
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-01, 20:49   Link #65
deadsea

Quote:
To be honest I don't remember the anti-cat charm and my head hurts so I'd rather not look it up...

As for 2) it's called "the mask of purity" (perhaps this is an OK translation for it). It's a mask children wear at the annual mamemaki ritual (called tsuina in the book, which is historically the original ritual), when they throw beans to drive away evil spirits, specifically akki and gouma. (People playing the akki and the gouma are also wearing specific masks.)

Spoiler for dunno if spoiler or not, this hasn't been mentioned so far in the anime:

They were basically lurking around the whole time. First they wanted to get to Satoru and Saki, but when they saw they couldn't they tried to go and get help. But since they were worried that they would be seen by the bakenezumi, and also noticed that there was a conflict going on, they decided to hide until night, which is when they unexpectedly met up with Satoru & Saki who were also trying to find the canoes.

I really don't want to spoil it... so I say see it for yourself.
Spoiler for Shun:
Thx for the info and clarify things, it helps a lot!
deadsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 10:30   Link #66
Suki2020
Banned

@kuromitsu

What exactly are you talking about? I read the novel and I don't recall
Spoiler for Novel:
Suki2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 11:03   Link #67
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suki2020 View Post
@kuromitsu

What exactly are you talking about? I read the novel and I don't recall
Spoiler for Novel:
Spoiler for Novel:

Quote:
Spoiler for Novel:
Spoiler for Novel:

Quote:
Spoiler for Novel:
Spoiler for Novel:

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2012-12-02 at 11:18.
Old 2012-12-02, 23:29   Link #68
Shadow5YA

How do the characters forget about the people who "disappear" anyway? It seems unnatural how Saki would forget about a sibling so easily. Some form of hypnosis?

With Shun revealing that their powers can distort the world around them, are the...

Spoiler for queerats:

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2012-12-02 at 23:39.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-03, 14:05   Link #69
kwanyeung

Spoiler for feelings about the ending of the novel:
kwanyeung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-03, 15:53   Link #70
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwanyeung View Post
Spoiler for Shun:
Spoiler for Shun:

Quote:
Spoiler for Maria & Mamoru:

Quote:
Spoiler for Satoru:
Spoiler for Satoru:

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2012-12-03 at 16:55.
Old 2012-12-03, 19:26   Link #71
heartking

Right I just read the last 4 pages of this topic this series has just been amazing so far and I can't wait any more please I must be spoiled, someone tell why exactly Maria should not have been born! and when exactly does she get with Mamoru? Spoiler are much appreciated :P
heartking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-03, 19:43   Link #72
kwanyeung

Quote:
Spoiler for Shun:

Spoiler for Satoru:
Spoiler:
Old 2012-12-03, 20:36   Link #73
kuromitsu

Quote:
Spoiler for Shun:
Spoiler for Shun:

Quote:

Quote:
Spoiler for Satoru:
Spoiler for Satoru:

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2013-03-15 at 07:22.
Old 2012-12-04, 10:17   Link #74
kwanyeung

Quote:
Spoiler for Shun:

Spoiler for Satoru:
Spoiler:
Old 2012-12-04, 19:40   Link #75
kuromitsu

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Shun:

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Satoru, etc:
Old 2012-12-05, 00:16   Link #76
kwanyeung

Quote:
Spoiler for Shun:

Spoiler for Satoru, etc:
not there was a prequel... is there is. the prequel is written after this series and it is still on-going the title is 新世界ゼロ年 if you are interested
Old 2012-12-05, 08:58   Link #77
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Does anyone else feel that the anime is charging really really fast through the books? It is runner up with the Magi anime speedwise I think.

Also....dat tag....
Old 2012-12-05, 11:41   Link #78
heartking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Does anyone else feel that the anime is charging really really fast through the books? It is runner up with the Magi anime speedwise I think.

Also....dat tag....
"Horny Users" yes first thing I saw when I came to the topic lol and yeah I agree I knew I couldn't be the only one who realised the the Magi anime was flying like a bullet through the story compared to the manga they're gonna wrap up the Balbadd arc in just a few eps thats crazy when you think about it cause the Balbadd arc in the manga was from roughly Ch32 and ended at Ch76.
heartking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-06, 10:20   Link #79
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
It depends... I think that they could have done a better job for the first "arc", but the "majority" loves it, since it "censored" all "logical extensions" and made the material more "approachable", unlike another "accursed" adaption

Now jokes aside, better this, than what the studio did with other NoitaminA adaptions, and the "stellar works of art" that the head director and main anime writer have graced with the japanese airwaves

Quote:
Also....dat tag....

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartking View Post
"Horny Users" yes first thing I saw when I came to the topic lol and yeah I agree I knew I couldn't be the only one who realised the the Magi anime was flying like a bullet through the story compared to the manga they're gonna wrap up the Balbadd arc in just a few eps thats crazy when you think about it cause the Balbadd arc in the manga was from roughly Ch32 and ended at Ch76.
This is the wrong thread to discuss that shounen adaption
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-06, 11:16   Link #80
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
It depends... I think that they could have done a better job for the first "arc", but the "majority" loves it, since it "censored" all "logical extensions" and made the material more "approachable", unlike another "accursed" adaption

Now jokes aside, better this, than what the studio did with other NoitaminA adaptions, and the "stellar works of art" that the head director and main anime writer have graced with the japanese airwaves
No, it isn't that the pacing or content is bad, it's just that apparently this is a two cour show? But having covered so much already, are they going to now suddenly stretch the third volume out over ten+ episodes?

As for the tag....yeah, that was swift ninja-ing