AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

Old 2010-10-12, 05:39   Link #661
Francismeunier
Banned

Talking Episode 2 with subs V2

Yeah I saw it again and at the end I was surprised with such beauty art is=>

Did anyone catch that? Seems all other sub version did not have it.....guess maybe I should check out RAWs more. That pic is amazing!
Francismeunier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-12, 05:40   Link #662
Ballad
robots & skateboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francismeunier View Post
Yeah I saw it again and at the end I was surprised with such beauty art is=>

Did anyone catch that? Seems all other sub version did not have it.....guess maybe I should check out RAWs more. That pic is amazing!
I saw that. I actually cropped it and flipped it. It's a pretty good picture.
Ballad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-12, 06:38   Link #663
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

*look at Saori without glass*
She has dual personality or what?

If we have subforum, i bet the best/ more frequently appeared quote would be:
"Fine, come outside BITCHI"
The Black Cat is winning the sister by a small amount in my book
Old 2010-10-12, 06:55   Link #664
Undertaker

Nice picture above...

Just finished Ep. 2.

I have to said I was disappointed in this episode. Not that if was a bad episode per se. The problem is that both novel and manga where much better on the events this episode covered.

Two thing I did like about this episode. First, The part where Kirino was being isolated in the meeting and the second is the part in the end where Kuroneko and Kirino are enjoying their experience in Akibahara. Both novel and manga version just sort of sweep them aside and let Kyosuke take over the narrating, so those event were nice.

The problem I had was that couple of scenes were cut from the net-meeting and those were, in my opinion, the best parts in both the novel and manga and were necessary for transitioning between scene to scene. Also many of the in-jokes and culture shock on Kyosuke side were cut as well.

The worst part was the second-meeting. It is the highlight of the episode but it felt the most rushed segment in the episode overall. This is the meeting that establish the main circle and future story relation, yet it was also the part that was cut short the most and that is my biggest disappointment.

On the other hand, both the opening scene and ending scenes were unnecessary.

Start with the ending first, while I understand the dinner time is used to set up next episode t is was unnecessary and should just directly goes to yhe sub-sequent event where Kyosuke clears the Shiori Path.

Also, the opening scene is unnecessary as well. All the opening scene did was introducing Kirino's friends are yet to officially appear at this point in both novel and manga version and anime didn't reveal their name either. While this scene is actually taken from the the novel, the scene really didn't appear until volume 2 of series and by moving it up it and modified a bit it actually made the opening scene feel a bit out of place, especially the first scene after the opening theme can be used in that spot as well.

Personally I thought if they did away with some stuff in both opening and ending while extend the net meeting more, the episode would be much better...
Old 2010-10-12, 09:52   Link #665
ZeKeR
Superbad

good lord... kirino is just pure... WIN
Old 2010-10-12, 10:20   Link #666
Solafighter
Hige

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
good lord... kirino is just pure... WIN
Fully agree.
Old 2010-10-12, 11:59   Link #667
Francismeunier
Banned

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
WHERE THE HECK DID YOU GET THAT PICTURE OF KIRINO!!!!?V2? vs SUB? WHAT!?
It was Mazui V2 subs.....it was there for like a split second. I had to pause it to get it.
Francismeunier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-12, 13:05   Link #668
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

And then Sub-forum , very good
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-12, 13:45   Link #669
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Mod Note: Moved the recent posts re: Volume 7 to the Light Novel/Manga thread.
Old 2010-10-12, 15:01   Link #670
Falkor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
The problem I had was that couple of scenes were cut from the net-meeting and those were, in my opinion, the best parts in both the novel and manga and were necessary for transitioning between scene to scene. Also many of the in-jokes and culture shock on Kyosuke side were cut as well.
I would like to disagree, although I read the novel a long time ago and can't quite remember much of the story aside from the most important events. Yes, I believe some of the scenes were much longer and contained additional jokes, but I don't think of their inclusion as necessary per se. From what I noticed, they cut down the amount of Kyo's internal monologue, which in my opinion, makes the story and the narration more cohesive during the two episodes I have watched. they did a good job exploring the tense sibling relationship; and they also did a good job exposing Kirino's awkwardness during the RL meeting---both of them, I believe, are very important. On the other hand, we have been already exposed to Kyo's unfamiliarity with the otaku culture, mostly through the interaction with his sister's hobbies. Additional jokes depicting Kyo's reaction to the otaku culture are not particularly necessary if we take into consideration what they did exchange, with a good mix of humor and story.

Quote:
The worst part was the second-meeting. It is the highlight of the episode but it felt the most rushed segment in the episode overall. This is the meeting that establish the main circle and future story relation, yet it was also the part that was cut short the most and that is my biggest disappointment.
I think what the second meeting establishes is Kirino's relationship to people/friends more related to her hobbies; I would like to make mention of Kuroneko, with whom she had a funny yet endearing flaming war of opposing values. I think we got the sense that they have become very "good friends" in a short period of time; and more importantly, it's the fact that Kirino can now talk and interact with people of similar interests.

Quote:
Also, the opening scene is unnecessary as well. All the opening scene did was introducing Kirino's friends are yet to officially appear at this point in both novel and manga version and anime didn't reveal their name either. While this scene is actually taken from the the novel, the scene really didn't appear until volume 2 of series and by moving it up it and modified a bit it actually made the opening scene feel a bit out of place, especially the first scene after the opening theme can be used in that spot as well.
I find the opening scene to be very very important, considering what happens later on. Notice in the classroom how Kirino's friends come to her and start a very amiable conversation; contrast this scene with the RL meeting where she feels very awkward and nobody really wants to talk with her---she is no longer the confident girl at the beginning. this does good job exposing her two worlds, one where she has no problems interacting with people; and one where she cannot quite communicate about the stuff she likes the most.
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-12, 15:10   Link #671
detective392

Does anyone know if ANN only has streaming rights? I really hope another company can release this like Sentai dubbed or not.
detective392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-12, 15:13   Link #672
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by detective392 View Post
Does anyone know if ANN only has streaming rights? I really hope another company can release this like Sentai dubbed or not.
At this point, even the streaming rights seem up in the air... But in any case, there haven't been any announcements about English home media releases yet, and probably won't be for a little while at least.
Old 2010-10-12, 16:34   Link #673
Clarste
Human

Oh great, a subforum.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-12, 19:46   Link #674
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Woot - subforum! That was fast, but I think much deserved.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-12, 21:23   Link #675
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Whoa, didn't expect a sub-forum for this series.
Old 2010-10-13, 01:35   Link #676
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Ore no Imouto should be changed to Oreimo, for official shortcut.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-13, 02:22   Link #677
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Ore no Imouto should be changed to Oreimo, for official shortcut.
I did consider that, as I knew that ANN had been using it for their streams (back in the short while they were in the offing), but I don't know if that makes it "the official title". Also, it wasn't clear to me if it's "Oreimo", "OreImo" or "Ore Imo", as I've seen all three. I figured that at least the current method will be understood by all, and if there's an agreement on what the "official abbreviation" is, then we can always change later.
Old 2010-10-13, 02:49   Link #678
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

You can always check the official site for that: http://oreimo-anime.com
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2010-10-13, 03:06   Link #679
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
You can always check the official site for that: http://oreimo-anime.com
That doesn't really answer much, though. The URL contains oreimo (which makes sense given that it's shorter; don't know about case because it's a URL), but the abbreviations on the site are all "俺の妹" (Ore no Imouto). Either one is short enough for use on this site for this purpose; which will cause the least confusion among new visitors to the forum? Not sure if there is a perfect answer.
Old 2010-10-13, 03:35   Link #680
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I WA SHOCK!!!
I see nipples! Put that in NSFW tags!

Tags
comedy, shounen