AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

Notices

View Poll Results: Haruka or Mitsuki?
Haruka, and respondent is male 259 45.52%
Haruka, and respondent is female 54 9.49%
Mitsuki, and respondent is male 216 37.96%
Mitsuki, and respondent is female 40 7.03%
Voters: 569. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-09-16, 18:35   Link #241
plusone

Male respondent, choice = Mitsuki.

Very intriguing thread on KGNE, amazing really lol. I was astounded. I've watched the series twice. I've read all the comments. The comments I appreciate the most are the philosophical/logical/reasonable/existential ones. I prefer Mitsuki because she was the obvious choice since the 1st episode. Taka was expecting Mitsuki at the tree but it ended up being Haruka. Making it potently obvious that he liked Mitsuki and apparently it was vice versa.

The very reason I love this anime, twisted and real. One-sided love triangles happen all the time in REAL life... sad but true indeed. *sniff* T_T I am very glad though that Taka ended up with Mitsuki.

I extremely admire Haruka's affection for Taka. She forced them both to let go of each other. That touched my heart. My heart is crying just thinking about that scene *sniff* She knew her time was still suspended three years ago in the past and that she couldn't see the Takayuki in the present. That is most likely why she made her decision on the beach, to have them both let go of each other and to let Takayuki have the person who let him LIVE to be who he was at that standing moment. That strong sense of morality and emotional development is what truly makes Adult Haruka admirable.

I don't hate or like either of the girls but I truly think Mitsuki deserved Taka especially after that heroic decision Haruka made. I would prefer if people not call Mitsuki a B.... because that is just plain stupid.
plusone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-16, 20:32   Link #242
mcruz1014
Eye Have You

Send a message via Yahoo to mcruz1014
I'm male and I picked Mitsuki.

I can't see why everyone hates Mitsuki for getting together with Takayuki after the accident. It was obvious from the beginning that both of them had some sort of feelings for each other. And after the accident, Mitsuki couldn't stand seeing Takayuki the way he was, and pained by the sight of it b/c she loved him. You can't hold either of them accountable for becoming a couple while Haruka was comatose. They needed each other's prescence and comfort. Three years is a long time, and neither Mitsuki nor Takayuki could have made it through those three years without each other IMO.
Of course, I'm not saying that I don't feel for Haruka. Anyone who's been through what she went through deserves all the good things in the world. But, time waits for no one, and I don't think that it would have been fair to Takayuki to wait and wait for her. It would have destroyed him, which would have destroyed Mitsuki, who is clearly not as emotionally strong as Haruka. All in all, I picked Mitsuki b/c I think she needed him more than Haruka did.
mcruz1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-26, 04:49   Link #243
TairaS

Male. Chose: Haruka (遥).
She's so pitiful...

You know, when I started watching KGNE, it was already at the point of time where Haruka was in the 1st coma, and I was like, what a poor soul.

Watching further, I was really furious that Mitsuki was trying to get Takayuki away from Haruka and to her side, in the name of "trying to help him get over the crisis". I felt that it was the most ridiculous thing on earth, and also, I also believed that Mitsuki was trying to steal Takayuki to get over Shinji leaving her. It doesn't help that Akane is so dense to not realise the scandalous actions of Mitsuki, till much later. I was like, "what? Anta baka! (Are you a fool?)"

In fact out of the 5 main characters, I think that Takayuki is a cheater, Mitsuki a boyfriend-stealer, Akane dense and Shinji... I can't say much - he has little screen time. Haruka, on the other hand, is really pitiful, and I sympathize with her.

Finally, I would like to say this: Haruka, if Takayuka doesn't want you, then there's always Shinji (since I don't think Miki's (美紀) a big threat.)
TairaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-26, 05:18   Link #244
SGT.Mitsuki
I'm Darker Than Black
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by plusone View Post
Male respondent, choice = Mitsuki.

Very intriguing thread on KGNE, amazing really lol. I was astounded. I've watched the series twice. I've read all the comments. The comments I appreciate the most are the philosophical/logical/reasonable/existential ones. I prefer Mitsuki because she was the obvious choice since the 1st episode. Taka was expecting Mitsuki at the tree but it ended up being Haruka. Making it potently obvious that he liked Mitsuki and apparently it was vice versa.

The very reason I love this anime, twisted and real. One-sided love triangles happen all the time in REAL life... sad but true indeed. *sniff* T_T I am very glad though that Taka ended up with Mitsuki.

I extremely admire Haruka's affection for Taka. She forced them both to let go of each other. That touched my heart. My heart is crying just thinking about that scene *sniff* She knew her time was still suspended three years ago in the past and that she couldn't see the Takayuki in the present. That is most likely why she made her decision on the beach, to have them both let go of each other and to let Takayuki have the person who let him LIVE to be who he was at that standing moment. That strong sense of morality and emotional development is what truly makes Adult Haruka admirable.

I don't hate or like either of the girls but I truly think Mitsuki deserved Taka especially after that heroic decision Haruka made. I would prefer if people not call Mitsuki a B.... because that is just plain stupid.
well i never completed the series couse i coultn emotionaly handle it anymore
but at the start i was for mitsuki but when tha guy got togather with haruka and got a relationship with her i kinda voted for an happy ending with haruka tho when the accident happened and tha guy got togather with mitsuki i was like GYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA no way WAAAAAH this is just to sad etc etc n ended up imidiately abandoning the series couse i coulnt take it anymore .... ^^'
i dont like sad storys since they kinda break my heart ^^' ......

and well yeah i cant blame suki for getting togather with tha guy,
since its been like 3 years afther the accident.....
n i kinda was pro suki since the start of the series....

but afther the accident n seing tha twin sister overreact n afther i saw it comming that haru would wake up my heart just kinda broke n i coulnt bare watching it ^^'

so all in all i voted mitsuki, even though i feel guilty doing so and feel for haruka and get depressed just thinking about this story.........

Jya ne,
Mits
SGT.Mitsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-27, 04:23   Link #245
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
It's kinda weird, since after the first time I watched it I was devastated because I was 100% rooting for Haruka and thought it had a bad ending. After the ending credits I thought the series was okay because it wrapped things up nicely.

Now, I'm 100% for Mitsuki and I can't imagine a Haruka ending. It's really weird how this anime makes you think and plays with your emotions. I also appreciate this anime more, and it went from being "okay" to being number one on my top anime list.

Why did I pick Mitsuki? It's simple. Takayuki and Haruka was right. Without Mitsuki who knows what would've happened to Takayuki, and Haruki was indeed chasing the Narumi-kun three years ago. I don't really care if it's betrayal or not, but the more I think about it, the more realistic the Mitsuki path is for me, so that's why I chose it.

Last edited by KholdStare; 2007-11-25 at 14:26.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-30, 13:31   Link #246
Judik
Oha-lucky!

Female respondent, choice - Mitsuki.
I thought it's is impossible for Haruka and Takayuki to be together from the bidinning (probably that's why I didn't cry while watching this anime).Too simple.To carefree.
Mitsuki is more suitable for Takayuki anyway...
Judik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-15, 02:41   Link #247
Itsuki Midoriba
Yo.

Mitsuki, and respondent is male.

Bascially, its because Mitsuki cared for Takayuki during his PTSD days. And the affection shown by Mitsuki wins me over.

Then again, if Haruka was in that situation, I wonder how it would end.
Itsuki Midoriba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-16, 19:28   Link #248
chinadoll_sakura

Send a message via Yahoo to chinadoll_sakura
I chose Haruka

I really didn't like Mitsuki's actions throughout this anime. First she hooks her friend up with a boy that she likes and then does things to try to break them up. Mitsuki fans who are like oh she hooked them up that was great of her to even do, they seem to ignore the things she did while Haruka was not in a coma to get between them. Ok Mitsuki was there for Takayuki because she cared for him, but is it Haruka's fault she couldn't be there for him. I mean come on, she made him stop, she made her friend's bf stop to buy her a ring!!!!! Then she goes and sleeps with his best friend. I have to agree with someone who said earlier on in the thread that the anime ending was not realistic at all. I do think they wrapped the show up nicely and I don't hate Mitsuki, but I don't agree with anything she did. She even admitted that she was glad after what happened, that's what really turned me off. How could she say something like that about Haruka who is in a coma. I liked Haruka, she was honest and she didn't hold back her feelings. She was the stronger out of everyone in the end. She had to say goodbye to takiyuki before he could finally let go. I mean come on, the guy is a loser and mitsuki was so weak throughout it all and a backstabber. I do agree that people can move on but the whole situation on how it occurred was just so wrong.
chinadoll_sakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-25, 00:18   Link #249
MikaRen

well in my opinion

ok i vote haruka and im female.

i know that from the beginning it was obvious that takayuki and mitsuki had some kind of feelings for each other. but she pushed haruka and takayuki together and than stresses about it. like she said she never expected them to actually date! but haruka was her best friend for like ever. and after haruka and takayuki started dating she did nothing but try to keep takayukis attention of of haruka. for pete sake the two girls even stopped hanging out together. Mitsuki was constantly making him late for his dates with haruka. i HATE mitskui.

And i understand people get close whena tradgety happens. but it was her BEST FRIEND! u dont do that i dont care how much u love a guy or how long theyre in a coma for u just dont do that. its her fault haruka went into a coma! just like hakani said "backstabbing bitch!" if i remember it correctly lol and everything mitsuki went through she deserved it she brought it all upon herself, she threw herself at him when he was upset, pushed all kinds of things than told him to STOP seeing haruka! WHO DOES THAT?!

i really wish takayuki would have stayed with haruka and mitsuki disappeared!
MikaRen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-25, 00:21   Link #250
MikaRen

oh and it was one thing if he hooked up with some chick he met at work or out at a store or something but with her BESTFRIEND! poor haruka it was her fault that she got into the accident. shes so sweet and innocent and pure! it wasnt fair to her!
MikaRen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-25, 13:21   Link #251
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Ah the misconception is back...

First, an accident, by definition, is something that happens in an unintentional manner...and unless Mitsuki was driving the truck that struck Haruka, then she had no hand in it. There are too many what-if's to account for for there to be a undeniable amount of proof to link Mitsuki to the fault of how Haruka was in the accident...for example, if Takayuki arrived on time, would they have left immediately or held a conversation? If they stayed in the same location, would they have been both in the accident, or would something have changed? There are plenty of questions to ask to counter the blame game

As for the whole 'friend backstab' thing, well, my opinions on this subject were made very clear elsewhere in this thread...suffice to say, the anime dropped the ball when it came to this part of the story.
Old 2007-11-25, 13:36   Link #252
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
oh god...not this debate again XD
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikaRen View Post
everything mitsuki went through she deserved it she brought it all upon herself, she threw herself at him when he was upset, pushed all kinds of things than told him to STOP seeing haruka! WHO DOES THAT?!

i really wish takayuki would have stayed with haruka and mitsuki disappeared!
iirc...and it has been a very long time...

mitsuki held back "throwing" herself onto him 3 years later...3 whole years!!!

keep that in mind before you try and blast her

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-05, 03:41   Link #253
kujoe
from head to heel

Hohoho! Just imagine how this place will look like when the new OVA finally hits the screen!

I'm definitely going to be avoiding this part of the forums when that happens. (I think... )
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 07:45   Link #254
LeviathanX

I'm male and voted for Haruka

I mean that poor guy wanted to stay with her. It might be because of love or of guilt. Doesn't really matter because sometimes you realize what you really feel for a person when you lost that very one.

Ok, back on track:
First he went in total despair then her parents sent him off.. Ah well then came Mitsuki and took her chance to get ownage of his mind (and body)...

Also if Mitsuki hadn't retreat her own feelings towards him at the beginning that all would never be happend [I admit, then we wouldn't have KgNE]

Though that might not be an objective opinion as I do dislike selfish women in the first place... She might not be selfish at the beginning but later on her grief began to grow...
LeviathanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-21, 01:21   Link #255
tun
lolwut
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeviathanX View Post
I'm male and voted for Haruka

I mean that poor guy wanted to stay with her. It might be because of love or of guilt. Doesn't really matter because sometimes you realize what you really feel for a person when you lost that very one.

Ok, back on track:
First he went in total despair then her parents sent him off.. Ah well then came Mitsuki and took her chance to get ownage of his mind (and body)...

Also if Mitsuki hadn't retreat her own feelings towards him at the beginning that all would never be happend [I admit, then we wouldn't have KgNE]

Though that might not be an objective opinion as I do dislike selfish women in the first place... She might not be selfish at the beginning but later on her grief began to grow...
Because you've never been selfish in your life. Ever.
Old 2007-12-23, 01:07   Link #256
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

Male - Voted for Haruka.
I won't talk about Mitsuki here, because that would just get me angry. Instead, I'll just focus on my choice. Haruka is, in my opinion, the best thing to ever happen to fiction. She is as sweet as sugar, yet very strong emotionally (definitely the strongest character in KimiNozo). Think about what happened to her. Her life was completely destroyed. In the end, she could only correct it by starting an entirely new life. 3 years gone, her boyfriend is not the same person she knew. She even stops seeing him completely, just for Mitsuki's sake. I would have applauded her actions had I not been crushed under the weight of despair that KimiNozo's ending cast on me. In my opinion, Takayuki doesn't even deserve someone like Haruka, but that still didn't keep me from hoping all the way up to episode 14. Such a shame. Good thing for the OVA.
Grimkill7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-23, 22:49   Link #257
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
I voted for Mitsuki, and I'm male. The choice was very obvious and clear to me. Haruka was a nice girl, but life doesn't always go the way you'd like, and while she slept, the others were forced to move on, and change through time. Mitsuki and Tak were two very different people from who she remembered from 3 years earlier. Though he didn't deserve Mitsuki, it was the most realistic path.

To all the Mitsuki haters, she suffered more than anyone emotionally(I disregard Tak cause he was a brain-dead idiot from start to finish and is the only character I disliked, well him and Shungo(sp?)).

Last edited by justinstrife; 2007-12-23 at 23:04.
justinstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-23, 23:03   Link #258
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator

mitsuki and takayuki develope a relationship throught the story, where as haruka had a crush and bam accident so the love is really not as deep, it felt mroe like guilt than love

Spoiler for kgne:

shinji is not a friend imo

Last edited by bbduece; 2007-12-24 at 20:17.
bbduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-23, 23:08   Link #259
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbduece View Post
Spoiler for kgne:

shinji is not a friend imo
I'll agree with you on both of these points. The reason under your spoiler tag is what also led me to hate Mitsuki. I mean, to do it is one thing, but with the guy's best friend? Lame.

And yes, Shinji is the only character I hate more than Mitsuki. That guy has some serious nerve.
Grimkill7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 12:04   Link #260
LeviathanX

Quote:
Originally Posted by tun View Post
Because you've never been selfish in your life. Ever.
Even if, then not THAT selfish

and btw. I won't tell you how I grew up.. but I just say this: every selfish thought was bashed out of me by the person called mother.. and you can take this by word ...

I might envy people but I just swallow my thoughts and pass by.
LeviathanX is offline   Reply With Quote