AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2010-02-01, 20:48   Link #41
uragayduck2

i've tried to everyday since Jan 28th.....even though it was obviously not the right time to do so. from what they said on the main website and the card itself, it'll start IN February. doesn't mean the 1st of February. heck, it could be the 28th before they do anything.
uragayduck2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-01, 21:10   Link #42
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
I finally got this game and I am lovin' it playing as Fate and doing the 'FI-YAH!' command - so sexy~ *awaiting LVD's post of the game mechanics*

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-01, 21:10   Link #43
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

This is for Vizzy because he's a poopy face.
Spoiler for Menu Translation:
Spoiler for Default Controls:
Spoiler for Skills:
I think Heavenwargod did these all except menu translation. *scratches head*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikaifan View Post
Hopefully someone will do script translations eventually. Maybe on gamefaqs or something...
Well if there's a way to extract the script from the game Uh, I could probably take out the text from a route and find someone to translate it, inserting the few CGs where they're needed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by uragayduck2 View Post
irom what they said on the main website and the card itself, it'll start IN February. doesn't mean the 1st of February. heck, it could be the 28th before they do anything.
I'd lol. I keep thinking Feb 10th, but that could just be me thinking of Silent Bible's release date.

Edit:
Oh, forgot to say. Vita is so tsundere. <3

And fcuk Zafira with Combo and Cross Range Power. FDB does so much if you land a hit, lolol.

Also, Nanoha can be really cheap; caught CPU in bind, FDB'd, re-binded, timed Axel Shoot and Bind to keep CPU trapped and ended up with a 42 hit combo. I had MP Cut on, but no Combo Power. It's weak and boring, but funny. e_e

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Bananoha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-02, 05:02   Link #44
Gespenst
Real Robot

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Considering how badly A's and the first season sold in USA,
It did? That's a shame. I should have bought some and gave them as gifts. ...but I can't think of anyone I could give it to that wouldn't think I was weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
And what's this? Hayate's skills don't just include Norse Mythology?[/SPOILER]
Hey... none of those moves are from Norse Mythology (with the exception of Ragnarok)

Quote:
Originally Posted by goombas View Post
Just got my Lyrical Box today and found out two problems.

1) For some reason, my PSP is unable to read UMDs, Laser doesn't light up, spindle doesn't spin, need help to somehow fix this. T_T
2)
Spoiler:
A new PSP might be your only option.

Anyway, I'm still waiting for my copy it should be fairly soon since I just got Phantom Minds through the mail and I think they shipped on the same day.
Gespenst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-02, 16:28   Link #45
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
A big thanks to LVD.

I can feel the difficulty increasing ever since I fought Zafira using Fate. (in story mode)

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-02, 19:48   Link #46
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Damn I'm going to have to track down my PSP and pick this up. Sounds like it should be fun.
Old 2010-02-02, 20:17   Link #47
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gespenst View Post
Hey... none of those moves are from Norse Mythology (with the exception of Ragnarok)
Between Ragnarok, Sleipnir, and Laevatein (and probably Misteltein, which is likely a reference to Baldr's vulnerability to that substance), though, Belka always had an exclusively Norse association.

The spell-list I worked out for Reinforce was all like that; Draupnir, Hangatyr, Gleipnir, Jarngreipr... I might have to diversify it now.
Old 2010-02-02, 21:39   Link #48
Gespenst
Real Robot

Yeah, I thought they were all Norse... well Graf Eisen is German of course... and all the devices speak German. But German mythology is only a few steps removed from Norse (Odin -> Woden etc) but Irish mythology seems like a bigger step to me.
Old 2010-02-02, 21:55   Link #49
uragayduck2

i just finally found out why i was having such a hard time in story mode when i first started playing. apparently, they felt the need to hack off 1/3 of your life bar versus the full bar that your opponent gets. that sucks very much if you're trying to not lose a round and finish off with a full drive if you heard about the awesomeness of Material L and are trying to unlock her.

all i have to do right now is finish every character's arcade mode to unlock their character views. there's was one thing that i was trying to figure out that i haven't seen yet. when in Fate's character view, one of her voice samples has her saying "Saber Slash" which i have not seen yet. i'm guessing it's a move, but i haven't been able to do it yet. anyone know how it's done?
Old 2010-02-02, 22:27   Link #50
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

Quote:
i just finally found out why i was having such a hard time in story mode when i first started playing. apparently, they felt the need to hack off 1/3 of your life bar versus the full bar that your opponent gets. that sucks very much if you're trying to not lose a round and finish off with a full drive if you heard about the awesomeness of Material L and are trying to unlock her.
If you use custom skills, you get less health.
Quote:
all i have to do right now is finish every character's arcade mode to unlock their character views. there's was one thing that i was trying to figure out that i haven't seen yet. when in Fate's character view, one of her voice samples has her saying "Saber Slash" which i have not seen yet. i'm guessing it's a move, but i haven't been able to do it yet. anyone know how it's done?
I've been wondering that myself. Probably one of the cross range combos that I don't use.

And can't be arsed to use. w

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Old 2010-02-02, 22:49   Link #51
uragayduck2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVD View Post
If you use custom skills, you get less health.
ooooooh, now that makes sense. that could've helped when i was doing Shamal and Chrono's routes. Chrono is freakin weak which didn't help much against those hard hitters.....or hard to hit.

Quote:
I've been wondering that myself. Probably one of the cross range combos that I don't use.

And can't be arsed to use. w
i've practically tried every button combination for melee attacks, but i get nothing. the Fate fan in me makes me too stubborn to give up on finding out, but the other side of me is going bonkers because of my Fate fan side. maybe it happens after a Catch move? i've only mashed Triangle every time i do happen to execute one at the right time since that takes a chunk of life away.

by the way, has anyone noticed the Bind Breaker mini game that'll be available with the Digital Nanoha contents? i'm assuming it'll be available via the PSN Store, but i was wondering if it's actually playable on the PSP or if it's another cell phone game that Westerners will never get to play with our archaic phone services. that game is dangerous to play in a very public area.......but there's different characters that'll be available and well, can't pass up at the certainty of Fate as another character to....uhh, play with.
Old 2010-02-02, 22:53   Link #52
goombas
OOOOH YEAH! DIGG IT!

Saber Slash is Square, Square, Circle I believe.
goombas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-02, 23:47   Link #53
Lewy

Is the game still worth importing/ getting from the store if you can't understand a word in the game?
Lewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-03, 01:18   Link #54
goombas
OOOOH YEAH! DIGG IT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewy View Post
Is the game still worth importing/ getting from the store if you can't understand a word in the game?
If you're a big Lyrical Nanoha fan and a gamer, then yeah go ahead and get it. It's a good fighting game, but it's not very combo based. (to be honest, spamming square gets tiring after awhile, but hey, it's a lot better than spamming circle in Naruto Shippuuden Narutimate Accel 3). The story only makes up a small part of the game. And there is a menu translation on this page.

Just finished Nanoha's story a minute ago and boy am I glad I didn't play this on the bus

Just have 4 words to say after seeing the last CG:

"OOOH YEAH!!!! DIGG IT!!!!!"
goombas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-03, 01:58   Link #55
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewy
imho, game play itself isn't worth it. Unless you're a seiyuu fag or just want the Lyrical Box [if they still have those], I don't think it's worth it.

Unless someone translates the scripts....
Quote:
Originally Posted by goombas View Post
The story only makes up a small part of the game.
I got the game for the story and seiyuu goodness. ._.

Sort of regret not getting a Lyrical Box, but I'm really pushing my luck to see if my friend can still get tokuten for it if it's still in stores. Fate oppai mouse pad do want.
Quote:
Just finished Nanoha's story a minute ago and boy am I glad I didn't play this on the bus

Just have 4 words to say after seeing the last CG:

"OOOH YEAH!!!! DIGG IT!!!!!"
Scans of the art book that came in the Lyrical Box where?

Vita's route is still my favourite. lolol, Zafira and Reinforce.

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Old 2010-02-03, 02:39   Link #56
Gespenst
Real Robot

Quote:
Fate oppai mouse pad do want.
Wait... what? What a weird extra.

Edit: So what does come in the Lyrical Box? I thought it was these things.
Old 2010-02-03, 02:50   Link #57
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

So before I go even more off-topic, anyone else lol at I think the last three sound files for Fate in the character model thing? 8)

And I just saw a picture of the Bind Breaker thing. That's scary. ._.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gespenst View Post
Wait... what? What a weird extra.

So what does come in the Lyrical Box? I thought it was these things.
tokuten = in-store promotions, basically extra stuff you get if you buy something.

Fate oppai mouse pad is from Gamers. The clear file is from AmiAmi.

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Old 2010-02-03, 03:14   Link #58
uragayduck2

Quote:
Scans of the art book that came in the Lyrical Box where?

Vita's route is still my favourite. lolol, Zafira and Reinforce.
mmmmm, the art book isn't all that great. it's basically 2 pages dedicated to each character with a brief history and some screen shots from the game. also a full sized character portrait in said pages, but that's about it. i dig the cover though since it's an enlarged version of the game cover.

and yes, Vita's route was the best story wise and the funny moments. i think Zafira had a similar incident in his route but with Shamal as the one who got confused.

Quote:
So before I go even more off-topic, anyone else lol at I think the last three sound files for Fate in the character model thing? 8)

And I just saw a picture of the Bind Breaker thing. That's scary. ._.tokuten = in-store promotions, basically extra stuff you get if you buy something.

Fate oppai mouse pad is from Gamers. The clear file is from AmiAmi.
hmmm, were the last 3 sounds really laugh worthy? i think it was more of a "aww, cute" more than "bwahaha" funny. then again, i can only remember the last one since it's the one you hear her say all the time in all the series.

yes, Bind Breaker is definitely not safe to play outside where eyes can see. odd how Nanoha is in her first season barrier jacket since the game is based on the A's timeline. hopefully they'll throw in some StrikerS era Fate then all will be fine without the guiltiness ( ^ _ ^ )

that mouse pad is dangerous and needs to be kept away from me
Old 2010-02-03, 03:25   Link #59
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

Quote:
mmmmm, the art book isn't all that great. it's basically 2 pages dedicated to each character with a brief history and some screen shots from the game. also a full sized character portrait in said pages, but that's about it. i dig the cover though since it's an enlarged version of the game cover.
.... Really? Okay, not getting the box unless I can get mouse pad, which I most likely won't be able to~
Quote:
hmmm, were the last 3 sounds really laugh worthy? i think it was more of a "aww, cute" more than "bwahaha" funny. then again, i can only remember the last one since it's the one you hear her say all the time in all the series.
12 - Faster! Stronger!
13 - Fate Testarossa, here I come!
14 - Thank you... Nanoha...
15 - Nanoha~

Yeah, lewd. Sorry, it's 3am and I should be sleeping. orz

.... *stays up to play with Material-L a bit*

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Old 2010-02-03, 03:48   Link #60
Laith
Even if it just for a bit
*Author

Quote:
and yes, Vita's route was the best story wise and the funny moments. i think Zafira had a similar incident in his route but with Shamal as the one who got confused.
IIRC Same thing happens to Fate in her story mode. Think the one who did it was Zaffira. Not sure on that and like hell i am going to return to play it just for that.
Laith is offline   Reply With Quote