AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-04-20, 08:57   Link #81
KyriaL
You are Reading this!

Somehow the girls in this show reminds me of.... Shuffle!
KyriaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-20, 11:45   Link #82
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyriaL View Post
Somehow the girls in this show reminds me of.... Shuffle!

Who's the one without mental issues then? He'll probably pick that girl....
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-20, 15:50   Link #83
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Does the games also have a shouta incest arc? Because if it does not, this would be the harem date-sim #765

Unoriginality aside, it is watch-able, as well as forgettable
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-20, 22:50   Link #84
winkel

"There's no way your little brother could possibly be this cute!"

"This is a prank God Only Knows"

winkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-21, 05:32   Link #85
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Yeah , this show also remind me old harem anime with different girl's character and hair color.
Imo i found it refreshing with what we are seeing at the moment.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-21, 06:28   Link #86
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

Fave comment in this latest episode is

"There is now way your little brother is this cute"

and

"This is a prank that god only knows"

this is full of win and lols
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-21, 07:21   Link #87
Dahak86
Classics never age

ep2: strangely enough, I find myself liking this more than say, Lotte. Both are very slow shows, but this one seems to strike the right chords for me.
well, BIG exception made for the little brother, of course.
Thankfully, they reduced his screentime a bit in ep2 (still too much, anyway). but, what irks me to no end is the fact they appear to have no problems at showing shota nipples, whereas the poor Ui's got her breasts censored.
double-standards much?
Old 2011-04-21, 09:06   Link #88
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

I can certainly agree with the "strikes the right chord" assessment of the show. There isn't much that stands out about the series, but i think simplicity might well be its strength - a simple, lighthearted story that's easy to follow, easy to digest and easy to consume. Nothing really seems to jump out that would disturb the scenery passing by, and i hope it stays that way - it isn't bad to have a simple, relaxing "feel good" show during a season that features a couple of drama titles besides, nor is it silly enough to compete with the comedies. An unassuming story presented in a nice away, a middle ground that pleasantly tickles my senses without overloading any of them.

My only real complaint would be the overly moe-fied little brother ... that's one thing of the story i wouldn't mind go missing, but that is unlikely to become the case, seeing how much Kazuma is centered on him ... i bet he would abandon his date in the middle of things and came running home if his brother as much as developed a slight case of running nose
Old 2011-04-21, 09:58   Link #89
CWW
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Nothing really seems to jump out that would disturb the scenery passing by
Have you not seen how Tsumugi's shirt wraps around her bust defying all gravity and clothing design? It's... quite eyecatching.
CWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-21, 12:27   Link #90
Echoes

Quote:
I can certainly agree with the "strikes the right chord" assessment of the show. There isn't much that stands out about the series, but i think simplicity might well be its strength - a simple, lighthearted story that's easy to follow, easy to digest and easy to consume.
That's pretty much my assessment of the series as well. It's so unremarkable that it's actually sort of refreshing. It's certainly not overstepping its bound, at least. Aside from being very typical, there's little else to complain about. The character designs are nice, it is, as you pointed out, very easy to sit through, and there's even some original jokes thrown in here and there.

I love the setting as well, small country-side towns are among my favorite settings. They allow for such... tranquility.

Quote:
My only real complaint would be the overly moe-fied little brother ... that's one thing of the story i wouldn't mind go missing, but that is unlikely to become the case, seeing how much Kazuma is centered on him ... i bet he would abandon his date in the middle of things and came running home if his brother as much as developed a slight case of running nose
While I don't have as much of an issue with this as others seem to, I can agree in essence with that you're saying. The little brother is a drain on the series. If he's going to act, sound and look female, just go all in and make him a girl instead.
Old 2011-04-21, 12:57   Link #91
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for Hoshizora 02 - Action-Zero-Sum-Game:
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-21, 13:03   Link #92
ZeKeR
Superbad

im guessing that this guy:

met da miko, airhead, short haired girl (prolly) green haired girl (prolly) and senpai (my gut feeling says that they met before the whole bathroom incident) during his time as a kid.

I can also believe Ui can eat THAT much and still retain form.
the girls i know (dunno if it applies to MOST girls) dont wanna get fet OR eat a lot to maintain their body.....
Old 2011-04-21, 14:41   Link #93
Silverwyrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
im guessing that this guy:

met da miko, airhead, short haired girl (prolly) green haired girl (prolly) and senpai (my gut feeling says that they met before the whole bathroom incident) during his time as a kid.

I can also believe Ui can eat THAT much and still retain form.
the girls i know (dunno if it applies to MOST girls) dont wanna get fet OR eat a lot to maintain their body.....
Japanese girls have an easier time with this given how much walking theyd o every day, but Ui still isn't being realistic there

Also, I am finding said Ui very cute...I think its a combination of the coloring in her eyes and those sound effects when she blinked in this ep ditz's usually annoy me but so far I don't really dislike any of the characters yet. The "best friend dude" is typical but not so overbearing and Ui's friend (names!) isn't as step on toes annoying as I thought she would be (yet, may change).

I haven't watched a harem like this in a long time and I'm surprised how well this is going over with me right now.
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-21, 15:02   Link #94
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
ep2: strangely enough, I find myself liking this more than say, Lotte. Both are very slow shows, but this one seems to strike the right chords for me.
well, BIG exception made for the little brother, of course.
Thankfully, they reduced his screentime a bit in ep2 (still too much, anyway). but, what irks me to no end is the fact they appear to have no problems at showing shota nipples, whereas the poor Ui's got her breasts censored.
double-standards much?
Shotas have nipples too...

I guess I'm surprised - and not surprised - at the amount of attention the Ayumu character is getting. He's actually the only obvious thing that makes this show visibly different from the countless others of its breed at this point. As regards the above scene, I think it wasn't so much that it was a bath scene or even the nipples, but the way the camera sort of...lovingly (for lack of a better word) hovered over them. That and the bizarre narration over the PV lent an extreme air of "odd" to the end of the episode.

I have no idea if there's an "otouto route" in this game or not, but if there's no point to all this setup with Ayumu this amounts to a pretty ballsy (and quite humorous) troll by the anime staff...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-21, 23:23   Link #95
Micchi
兄さんが望むなら...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I have no idea if there's an "otouto route" in this game or not, but if there's no point to all this setup with Ayumu this amounts to a pretty ballsy (and quite humorous) troll by the anime staff...
The 'otouto route' in the game is more or less a 'normal end' if you don't hook up with anyone. It's short and just consists of one scene of them walking together and saying they'll be together forever or something cheesy like that.
Old 2011-04-21, 23:36   Link #96
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micchi View Post
The 'otouto route' in the game is more or less a 'normal end' if you don't hook up with anyone. It's short and just consists of one scene of them walking together and saying they'll be together forever or something cheesy like that.
So there is a shouta incest route
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-25, 15:19   Link #97
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Spoiler for Episode 3:
Old 2011-04-25, 16:34   Link #98
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Spoiler for Episode 3:
Old 2011-04-25, 17:01   Link #99
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Poof!

Spoiler for Awkward forehead kisses:

Last edited by Guardian Enzo; 2011-04-25 at 17:52.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-25, 17:25   Link #100
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

I am really loving the OP, not so much the anime...

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

kache is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, eroge, harem, seinen