AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2013-04-10, 15:39   Link #101
Azrulnin
Cyberspace Traveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchan13 View Post
Anyone else notice we have to wait 2 weeks to move along again?
Just two weeks... no problem. Right now, let's just sit back and see everybody in the thread debate about Sasuke....
Old 2013-04-10, 16:00   Link #102
JiraiyaSama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie-Monster View Post
HI everybody! Long time forum prowler.

Decided to make an account just because of this chapter. My fav chapter in a long time (despite all the detractors)

Just wanted to posit the strong possibility that Sasuke's good-guy mode will be short lived.

There is no way that the story will end without a real sasuke/naruto clash. There has simply been too much build up and foreshadowing. It would be terribly poor story writing.

I have a feeling this latest twist is simply a "twist within a twist"

I bet there is more to the Tobirama story line; namely

1) Something that will explain Madara's illogical behaviour when he suddenly turned evil for the hell of it even after coming to a seeming agreement with the 1st. And the fishy circumstances of his 'death'. Perhaps even give a deeper reason for his malice.

2) Something that will serve to turn Sasuke against the leaf once again, and join forces with Madara.

After the kages arrive on the battlefield, I bet the manga will turn back into multiple week flashback mode. This time with Madara as the narrator. And he will probably recount a version of events that went on behind Harashima's back (involving Tobirama).

Maybe some more final lore involving the six paths will come into play to cause changes in sides one final time before the main battle starts.

I also have wild guess (one can hope?) that before said battle, Obito will have a change of heart as well from the final chit chat, and team up with Kakashi again.

Final Battle:
Madara, Sasuke, Ten-Tails, Orochimaru --- vs ---- Everyone else (Kages, Obito, Jounin and cannon fodder)
Sasuke will square up 1v1 against Naruto)

My wild speculations! dont mock me too much =)
I registered just because of your speculations!

If THIS prediction of yours won't happen, I say Kishi "Sucker Punch-ing" us all all along!!
JiraiyaSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-10, 16:17   Link #103
Casshern

Loved the Karin scene. Looking forward to seeing who is the real god of shinobi.

Anyway, I think it will be funny if this infinite tsukuyomi somehow allows Madara to control his victims, and if Sasuke is the only one that can break out of it with his EMS. Then Naruto ends up fighting Sasuke with Naruto under Madara's influence.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-10, 16:25   Link #104
itachi-san314

first off, it was pretty badass seeing the first 4 hokages sitting atop their stone heads... and yea, i totally agree this is not the happy-go-lucky ending of sasuke's plight. it would be very surprising to not have a naruto vs sasuke part 2. there's also almost no chance orochimaru is 'good' now. he has ulterior motives for sure. but for now, i just can't wait for the hokage to hit the battlefield. it's going to be pretty epic =)
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-10, 16:31   Link #105
Alchemist007
*Author

Karin should stab Sasuke in the back. I can understand not attempting it with 5 kage level fighters right next to him though.
Old 2013-04-10, 16:49   Link #106
kitten320

Really? Karin forgave him? Just like that?! And here I though she had more brains than anyone!

Damn you Kishi! Just what do you think we females have for a brain?!

If whole village will forgive Sasuke just as easily without any kind of punishment, I'll down rate this manga for sure

The only good part is that we will finally see some good action.
Old 2013-04-10, 17:01   Link #107
Scythewielder1

Thumbs up

Well.... sasuke now fighting for the village will get the kages to forgive him... Hopefully?? and minato see's naruto and finds out Obito is the one who pretty much Killed him... EPIC!!!
Scythewielder1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-10, 17:03   Link #108
Excelion

Itachi was intent on letting Naruto reform Sasuke but it his final words really did impact him more than we initially thought. Sasuke's older brother is the spiritual successor to Hashirama. The manga might as well be called Itachi. He's the true protagonist.

The 4th got far less screentime than I initially thought, and Sasuke had no questions at all for him, but I guess he has a big scene coming in this battle. It seems that Kishi has used him as sparingly as possible throughout this series.
Excelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-10, 17:09   Link #109
Kenu
magoi, magoi!

Sasuke is really a child of the Leaf, he gets blown any direction some one says like a leaf floating in the wind.

Good Sasuke > Info > Bad Sasuke > Info > Good Sasuke > Info > Bad Sasuke > Info > Good Sasuke.

Kishi painted himself in the corner with this one..
Kenu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-10, 17:11   Link #110
JustRob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scythewielder1 View Post
Well.... sasuke now fighting for the village will get the kages to forgive him... Hopefully?? and minato see's naruto and finds out Obito is the one who pretty much Killed him... EPIC!!!
Minato gave up his life willingly, nobody killed him. He didn't have to do that.
Old 2013-04-10, 17:12   Link #111
Alchemist007
*Author

Minato will probably get more screentime when Naruto/Obito come along again.
Old 2013-04-10, 17:12   Link #112
JustRob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenu View Post
Sasuke is really a child of the Leaf, he gets blown any direction some one says like a leaf floating in the wind.

Good Sasuke > Info > Bad Sasuke > Info > Good Sasuke > Info > Bad Sasuke > Info > Good Sasuke.

Kishi painted himself in the corner with this one..
There's a slight difference though, Obito told him the truth mixed in with lies to make Madara and the Uchiha seem like the victims. Hashirama told him the real truth.
Old 2013-04-10, 17:29   Link #113
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
There's a slight difference though, Obito told him the truth mixed in with lies to make Madara and the Uchiha seem like the victims. Hashirama told him the real truth.
Name one lie that made the Uchiha seems more like the victims. If anything it's the opposite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie-Monster View Post
2) Something that will serve to turn Sasuke against the leaf once again, and join forces with Madara.
I find that very unlikely, if Sasuke were to turn against Konoha once again I think it'd be his plan all along : he did take Hashirama's words to heart, a shinobi is someone who endure to achieve his goal. In this case he'd endure helping his enemy long enough to stop Madara in order to reach his goal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
If whole village will forgive Sasuke just as easily without any kind of punishment, I'll down rate this manga for sure
They've even less of a reason to resent him, if you look at Sasuke's actions from a non-reader perspective he could even be considered one of the greatest hero of this generation behind Naruto.
Prepare yourself seeing scores of ex-prisoners from Oro's experiments recognizing their savior, the noble man who single handedly killed the terrible criminal Deidara, Orochimaru and Itachi and executed the traitor Danzo. The champion who took down the necromancer Kabuto and his horde of zombies, the hero who freed the souls of the 4 previous Hokage and brought them back to save the world in this hour of need. Hell, I heard he's best friend with Naruto the Great Light-Bulb, all this nonsense about defection was probably some elaborated S-class secret mission.
Oh and expect a few females swooning over his looks too because that happens a lot.

Last edited by Hunter; 2013-04-10 at 17:44.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-10, 17:43   Link #114
JustRob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
Name one lie that made the Uchiha seems more like the victims. If anything it's the opposite.

I find that very unlikely, if Sasuke were to turn against Konoha once again I think it'd be his plan all along : he did take Hashirama's words to heart, a shinobi is someone who endure to achieve his goal. In this case he'd endure helping his enemy long enough to stop Madara in order to reach his goal.

They've even less of a reason to resent him, if you look at Sasuke's actions from a non-reader perspective he could even be considered one of the greatest hero of this generation behind Naruto.
Prepare yourself seeing scores of ex-prisoners from Oro's experiments recognizing their savior, the man who single handedly killed the terrible criminal Deidara, Orochimaru and Itachi and executed the traitor Danzo. The champion who took down the necromancer Kabuto and his horde of zombies, the hero who freed the souls of the 4 previous Hokage and brought them back to save the world in this hour of need. Hell, I heard he's best friend with Naruto the Great Light-Bulb, all this nonsense about defection was probably some elaborated S-class secret mission.

Obito fed Sasuke the story that the Kyuubi was a natural incident. Because of that, it seemed like the Uchiha were suspected without any basis whatsoever. But in reality, Obito was behind it, and there actually were grounds for suspicion of the Uchiha.

I still believe that if Sasuke hadn't been fed this lie, he might have walked a different path.
Old 2013-04-10, 17:48   Link #115
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

That's the one lie Obito said and Sasuke didn't even believe him. Moreover it didn't make the Uchiha looks anymore innocent since no living soul knew about Obito.
Old 2013-04-10, 17:53   Link #116
JustRob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
That's the one lie Obito said and Sasuke didn't even believe him. Moreover it didn't make the Uchiha looks anymore innocent since no living soul knew about Obito.
He did believe him. Sasuke bought the story that Itachi lied to him about the Kyuubi to keep him away from Obito. After all, Itachi had been lieing to Sasuke for all his life, so it's not that illogical.

True, they didn't know about Obito. But they knew that the Uchiha were said to be able to control the Kyuubi. They suspected that an Uchiha was behind the attack, and they were right. Now, if it had been a natural incident, then their suspicions of the Uchiha would be ungrounded. There is a difference.
Old 2013-04-10, 18:19   Link #117
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

I really can't see the point of starting an endless yes-no conversation when your sole argument is a pic of Sasuke saying he doesn't believe what you say he believes but it doesn't really matter anyway because even if true it is irrelevant : If you were right Sasuke's decision would have been about this but it didn't even get into the picture. It was so unimportant that Minato didn't even mention it.
Old 2013-04-10, 18:50   Link #118
yogotah

Haven't Posted in a couple weeks, but I had to log in for this chapter.

I was very much entertained by the flashbacks between Mardara and Hashirima, I would have loved to see an entire series (animated of course) of their story line.

As far as this chapter, I was excited and disappointed at the same time, this is due to two conflicts that I've had about the show for a long time.

1. The first conflict is that I always wanted Sasuke to come back to the "good" side, to see the errors of his ways and become a hero of the leaf village. Sasuke was never really a "bad" guy, even as a young kid, he had a determination to save his friends and never see his comrades die in front of him. Sure, he also had the drive to get stronger to kill his brother, but those feelings were justified in my opinion. This scenario of him going good had been dying down chapter after chapter until now.

2. The second conflict is that since the first season of Naruto, I have been waiting for the long awaited Naruto Versus Sasuke rematch. Good vs Evil. No compromise, just full out battling. This scenario became more and more likely by the chapters, but now seems to have taken a hit.

It's not so obvious how such a fight would happen now, my best case scenario would have been Sasuke staying "bad" , fighting Naruto and having his talking no jutsu convert him into some kind of hero...but that scenario isn't compatible with this current chapter.

I have no problem with Sasuke's answer, with all the information he has obtained now., this conclusion is the ONLY logical conclusion ( but are the uchihas known for logic anyway??). His brother loved the village and wanted nothing but to protect it, so would you do your brother honor by destroying it? Of course not, so yes his decision was logical, but this poses a problem for the rest of the storyline as we have speculated.

It is possible that we wont have a traditional naruto versus Sasuke fight....a different scenario might come up.

Either case, I cannot wait for the Hokages to enter the fight, we are now entering the "last war".

Buckle your seatbelts gentlemens!
yogotah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-10, 19:13   Link #119
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
My only hope is with Orochimaru. He has to be planning to use the other three Hokages. No one is buying that he changed. His problem is to distract Hashirama. That can happen on the battlefield. Then he can use the other Kages against the Alliance so he is the last one standing at the end.

Otherwise they serve no other purpose since the odds are overwhelmingly on the Alliance's side. Obito will probably be dead by the time they get there.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-10, 19:36   Link #120
justavisitor

The only bright point in the chapter is that, when Sasuke made the decision, the flashback was all about his brother...it would be hilarious (and have gone far) if the flashback was full of naruto

I almost had the impression the 2nd just decide to make up a fake and random uchina to appease Sasuke.
2nd: "See, Uchina can be good also. (create a random uchina name out of nowhere) now join us!!"
At the end of day, in Sasuke's mind, the most important thing is to restore the reputation of Uchina. So he changes to the good side as soon as he realizes others also acknowledge the good side in Uchina. (and all of a sudden he thinks his brother is better than the first while no one agrees with him [or no one cares what Sasuke thinks XD])

Sasuke: So my brother makes a even bigger sacrifice
First:.....(in his mind: whatever, kids XD)

And this chapter is too good to be true. I hope either one of Madara, oro, or sasuke (or all 3 of them) can stab the good guys in the back. Especially Madara, don't tell me that he really thinks he can win the war with the clone?
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion