AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-12-22, 14:43   Link #1521
Ashaman

No, I'm pretty sure its becasue of how you pilot it.

Phase one is your ability.

Phase 2 is your remore controlled Cybody

Phase 3 is manual

At least, that's the impression I got
Old 2010-12-22, 16:07   Link #1522
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

What is takuto's phase 1 anyway, or has it not been said?
Also isn't it about time for a new OP/ED?
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-22, 16:08   Link #1523
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttdestroy View Post
What is takuto's phase 1 anyway?
Sparkling.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-22, 18:23   Link #1524
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

Phase 1 of Takuto is making girls fall for him obviously
SoFarGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-22, 18:32   Link #1525
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

The yaoi is strong with this one.

THOSE SCARFS.
Old 2010-12-22, 19:20   Link #1526
Tsukie
~degeso!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiroiRyu View Post
The more i see of Kanako, the more i love her.
Already have a great figure and her character ... I don't know why but i think it's more developped than more of the others Crux.
I know what you mean. I'm starting to not hate her as much.

I also feel that way about Mizuno. At first, I thought she was weird and I wasn't sure how I felt about her. But now she's growing on me.
Tsukie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-22, 22:47   Link #1527
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFarGone View Post
Phase 1 of Takuto is making girls fall for him obviously
I'm starting to think it really is harem power . But I'm still banking on it being his personality changing from being more closed to who he is now.

I have to say though Wako has been pretty lucky so far. Considering how often she might go to be 'purified' there's always a good chance that zero time could kick in. Wonder if she keeps that robe closer just in case?
Old 2010-12-23, 02:46   Link #1528
Wakan Tanka

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post

I have to say though Wako has been pretty lucky so far. Considering how often she might go to be 'purified' there's always a good chance that zero time could kick in. Wonder if she keeps that robe closer just in case?
She keeps the robe on the shore...
Old 2010-12-23, 07:29   Link #1529
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
No, I'm pretty sure its becasue of how you pilot it.

Phase one is your ability.

Phase 2 is your remore controlled Cybody

Phase 3 is manual

At least, that's the impression I got
that how i see it too but the "Phase" stuff is not yet that explained maybe in the upcoming episodes will get answers
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-23, 16:41   Link #1530
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
good question!

and this is a weird show, the 3 suppose main chars do not get as much screen time as the suppose villains, which are not that evil at all
Well, most of them don't seem that evil at all. I wouldn't even be surprised if none of them are all that bad, but I'm expecting a few of them to be selfish jerks. Unless Takuto's actually the "bad guy" and we're just seeing it from the wrong view.

I actually find it interesting that they never mention Takuto at meetings and instead just call him Galactic Pretty Boy or some such. I wonder if there is anything to that or if it's just like when how they never refer to each other except by their titles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I hate to say it, but sometimes the only reason they develop characters is to give them a bigger part in the future, or kill them. I hope it's the former.
Didn't the staff say that no one in this show dies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
The yaoi is strong with this one.

THOSE SCARFS.
Is this recent? Takuto looks odd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I'm starting to think it really is harem power . But I'm still banking on it being his personality changing from being more closed to who he is now.

Harem power wouldn't be surprising I suppose. How does personality change qualify as a power?

Maybe the Crux have rules about when they start Zero Time? I presume the purifying is done at a certain time though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckmox View Post
that how i see it too but the "Phase" stuff is not yet that explained maybe in the upcoming episodes will get answers
It was sort of explained in magazines and most of it we sort of know from things in the show. The Phases seem to be just how the Crux understand everything to work.

Phase 1= Can use power/ability
Phase 2= Move Cybodies through use of Cybercasket
Phase 3= Manual control
Phase 4= Not really sure. Something about the Driver and Cybody getting closer in bond, but it's vague
Phase 5= Cybodies in real world

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-25, 03:01   Link #1531
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Well, most of them don't seem that evil at all. I wouldn't even be surprised if none of them are all that bad, but I'm expecting a few of them to be selfish jerks. Unless Takuto's actually the "bad guy" and we're just seeing it from the wrong view.
I don't think that's how it is honestly. I personally think that there isn't so much of a ''bad guy'' here as much of a conflict between two groups who think they are doing the ''right'' thing.

I think that all this focus on Kanako these past episodes showed that she is a rather good person. She clearly wants to use the technology of the Cybodies for the good of mankind, tries her best to do the right, noble thing and has even tried to make a deal with Takuto and reason with him a bit. From all of that, and her attempt to try and have ownership of all the Cybodies, it does look like the heads in the Crux aren't all idiots.

That being said, I don't blame him for not trusting the Crux, even if it was just the kidnapping incident that made him resolve to become distrustful of them. Although, after what Green (who thought just because the school didn't have a rule that stops facility members causing earthquakes as her defense) and Undine (who aside from being being xenophobic(?) nearly killed Wako) I would've thought those would've been stronger reasons.

Quote:
I actually find it interesting that they never mention Takuto at meetings and instead just call him Galactic Pretty Boy or some such. I wonder if there is anything to that or if it's just like when how they never refer to each other except by their titles.
I think it has more to do with the role of the Galactic Pretty Boy itself, than the person assuming the role. After all, it looks like it has a more profound role in the whole affair and with the lost civilization (they immediately recognized him once he first transformed)
Quote:
Didn't the staff say that no one in this show dies?
Well, the staff did want to have both the school and mech aspect co-existing at the same time, hence why they didn't want anyone dieing as it would've destroyed the balance between the two (classmates constantly dieing each episode, school can't be that fun anymore) all of that I took from Good Haro btw that being said, I don't think that death is completely crossed out. I mean Sugata did in fact nearly die.

Quote:
Is this recent? Takuto looks odd.
The problem are the artists with those scans. Some of them make the characters look weird.
Old 2010-12-25, 04:48   Link #1532
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Phase 1= Can use power/ability
Phase 2= Move Cybodies through use of Cybercasket
Phase 3= Manual control
Phase 4= Not really sure. Something about the Driver and Cybody getting closer in bond, but it's vague
Phase 5= Cybodies in real world
I'm going to laugh my ass off if phase 4 is something like this. It'd be kind of cool, actually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
The problem are the artists with those scans. Some of them make the characters look weird.
Case in point:

Kanako looks terrible here.
Old 2010-12-25, 20:39   Link #1533
Taufiq91

As much as i love Star Driver....

...the characters are too relaxed. It's hard for me to take anyone in the Crux seriously. Except maybe Keito, but she's not doing anything basically.

They need an Anime Tenchou-esque character. Someone who goes "NAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIII?????!!!!!!!!!!" during Zero Time and have fire surrounding him, like Goku or Anime Tenchou himself.

That is what i want to see.
Old 2010-12-25, 22:08   Link #1534
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
I don't think that's how it is honestly. I personally think that there isn't so much of a ''bad guy'' here as much of a conflict between two groups who think they are doing the ''right'' thing.

I think that all this focus on Kanako these past episodes showed that she is a rather good person. She clearly wants to use the technology of the Cybodies for the good of mankind, tries her best to do the right, noble thing and has even tried to make a deal with Takuto and reason with him a bit. From all of that, and her attempt to try and have ownership of all the Cybodies, it does look like the heads in the Crux aren't all idiots.

That being said, I don't blame him for not trusting the Crux, even if it was just the kidnapping incident that made him resolve to become distrustful of them. Although, after what Green (who thought just because the school didn't have a rule that stops facility members causing earthquakes as her defense) and Undine (who aside from being being xenophobic(?) nearly killed Wako) I would've thought those would've been stronger reasons.

I think it has more to do with the role of the Galactic Pretty Boy itself, than the person assuming the role. After all, it looks like it has a more profound role in the whole affair and with the lost civilization (they immediately recognized him once he first transformed)

Well, the staff did want to have both the school and mech aspect co-existing at the same time, hence why they didn't want anyone dieing as it would've destroyed the balance between the two (classmates constantly dieing each episode, school can't be that fun anymore) all of that I took from Good Haro btw that being said, I don't think that death is completely crossed out. I mean Sugata did in fact nearly die.

Well, it’s arguable how many people in the Crux want to do the “right” thing. Some of them appear to have good intentions for using Cybodies and we have it from the staff that there are members as such, but I’m not sure all of them have those sorts of intentions. None of them seem to be “take over the world” but then most of them are teenagers and seem as relatively normal in their desires as is possible in this environment.

I am wondering if there will be some bad consequences to unsealing the Cybodies that the Crux is not aware of. Like they were sealed away to keep them from doing serious harm to the world or something. Samekh potentially being the most dangerous one.

I’d say generally yes, which is something of a surprise for me still. Her desire for possession of the Cybodies is probably in part to keep them out of the hands of someone who would use them for ill purposes. The fact that she did try to approach Takuto was certainly interesting and I rather wish she had perhaps tried to explain her motivations. He might still not have listened, but it couldn’t have hurt. I don’t really think any of the leaders are really idiots. They all got the positions for a reason. I think it’s their quirks which have been hurting them.

They certainly didn’t make a good first impression with the kidnapping. Several of them also come across as manipulative jerks. Green’s actions were certainly far too reckless, though with Undine I seem to recall the near killing of Wako to be due to her losing control of her ability. Keito seemed extremely alarmed when things started going bad there, partly because Wako was a maiden and partly because I think she was just concerned for Wako’s safety.

I personally think Vanishing Age is the most dangerous of the groups, though I can’t say why. It’s mainly due to Head I think since while he has his sympathetic points, I think he has a darker side we haven’t entirely seen just yet. Or maybe he’s generally an ok person. I just get a "final boss" vibe off him, at least of Sugata doesn't take the role.

The fact it seems to be a title handed down gives me the impression that the Galactic Pretty Boy is meant to be some sort of Guardian of the Maidens. I’m curious if we’ll learn more about the Crux’s past and creation. They seemed to recognize him once his mark started activating or seemed to take some new guy showing up and being able to apprivoise as a clear sign.

Key word there being nearly. It’s certainly possible death could happen later on, but I don’t see it happening until near the end myself. Unless the series starts getting much darker and the mech battles actually do start interfering more in the school life. When they start appearing in the real world, I could see lots of people dying if fights break out around the island, though I’d think most of the Crux would wish to avoid such a things.

Well, Sugata looks fine. It’s the shape of Takuto’s face that really throws it off I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I'm going to laugh my ass off if phase 4 is something like this. It'd be kind of cool, actually.

Case in point:

Kanako looks terrible here.
It would be a big enough of a change, though would that mean that it'd be two life size people fighting with Cybody armor or if they'd be giants.

The face definitely looks off and her chest seems bigger than it generally is in the show. Or maybe it's always that big, I don't know.

Sorry for typing so much.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2010-12-26, 09:19   Link #1535
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Okay in ep 10 when Sugata tries to intervene in the fight by using his first phase "Kings Pillar" Waco stops him with the justification that "first phase powers can't defeat cybodies". However in ep 1 Head used his first phase "Star Sword Diamant" to destroy fish girls cybody.

What is this i don't even.

I didn't notice it the first time because i was caught up in the spectacle, but this is a pretty big inconsistency right here.
ZeroSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-26, 09:24   Link #1536
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSama View Post
Okay in ep 10 when Sugata tries to intervene in the fight by using his first phase "Kings Pillar" Waco stops him with the justification that "first phase powers can't defeat cybodies". However in ep 1 Head used his first phase "Star Sword Diamant" to destroy fish girls cybody.

What is this i don't even.

I didn't notice it the first time because i was caught up in the spectacle, but this is a pretty big inconsistency right here.
Well, they aren't aware that Head used his ability to destroy the first seal. Also, Wako is generally very concerned whenever Sugata looks or does use his power due to the inherent risks and it's been shown from episode 11 that his power can affect the battle by powering up Tauburn. So she may have simply been saying that to keep him from taking the risk.

So I don't quite see the inconsistancy.

Old 2010-12-26, 12:33   Link #1537
Aqua Knight

Is there an episode this week?
Aqua Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-26, 13:54   Link #1538
Chad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murasaki View Post
Is there an episode this week?
yes, the raw is out.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-26, 14:31   Link #1539
Bern-san

hope to see another scene with Head and Sugata (my two favourite guys of the show, Takuto is too fabulous)
Old 2010-12-26, 15:38   Link #1540
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Cybodies for Personal Uses

A recurrent point in this story is that the plot not neccesarily heads to a linear direction, as it branches within the episode to explore the personal lives of the Star Crux Brigade, and not only focusing the attention span amongst the three protagonists and struggling with the fates of living the island.

Simone (a.k.a. Pamela) was the most character fulfilling up to the current course of episodes I've seen.
Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bones, fabulous, shonen