AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-11-28, 10:51   Link #21
golgo13

Awesome

It looks like Smoker used armament haki on his jutte, and Vergo was still able to break it. Vergo's haki was no match for Law's DF ability once he got his heart back.

Law alludes to the "unforeseen power" the governments policy enacted in order to fill the gap of Akainu and Aokiji no longer being admirals. Perhaps the marines are also using smiles? Even crazier, like Vergo being planted by Donflamingo in the marines, what if Kaidou is actually an ally of the marines?

Looks like shinokuni has access to everyone now that the lab was destroyed..

Is the old lady taking care of Caribou the same one that offered Urouge an umbrella outside of Raijin island?

EDIT: probably not the same old lady, the one with Caribou has glasses and a round nose.

Last edited by golgo13; 2012-11-28 at 11:00. Reason: old lady
Old 2012-11-28, 10:55   Link #22
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

At first I thought it was awesome how Vergo looked completely encased in armament haki, then Law quickly outdid that by not only one-shotting Vergo, but cutting the entire tip of the mountain off with a single slash. That was incredibly awesome.

And here at the end we have one of the very rare times Doflamingo isn't seen smiling. To be exact I think this is the third time.~
Old 2012-11-28, 11:22   Link #23
noktown

I think Law cutting Vergo also shows us that the ones who were considered rookies should not be underestimated at this point,they've come as far as new world,shit's getting serious,and VA is no longer a level that would be able to stop them with ease.

I know that there are no technical power levels in One Piece,but i think Oda's trying to show us something.

And it's either Law having a broken DF

or

Rookies are no longer rookies.
Old 2012-11-28, 11:39   Link #24
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Ahahaha, Law so badass. Slicing Vergo while his haki shield is maximized with little effrort, along with the rest of the lab, and also making Doflamingo frown.

Also yay for CC getting clocked each time he says something dumb.
Old 2012-11-28, 12:20   Link #25
Kizoku Keenan
ばか =)

Here comes the new Era, Law and Luffy in this chapter are like the DX (wrestling metaphor...boom!) of One Piece.

I'd say Ceasar's face should and will tay the way it was after Luffy smashed it in, it will bring hilarity with it so why not.

Where in the hell is that coke addict Frankie???

I wonder if Luffy's armament tis stronger than Virgo's?
Old 2012-11-28, 12:23   Link #26
Somnus
Eh?

This chapter. THIS CHAPTER.

That was fantastic. He cut everything. I can hardly wait to see the wait to see the Supernova unleash their collective hell on the New World, if Law and Luffy are anything to go by.

There are only a few other moments in OP where I've screamed in righteous awestruck satisfaction after reading the chapter like this one.

- Luffy punching the tenryuubito
- Luffy first unleashing Jet Gatling on Lucci
- When Shanks and Whitebeard crossed blades, splitting the sky in two.

Which frankly is 4 more times than any other manga has accomplished. Which, now that I read the examples...I realise OP is great at putting the baddies in their place in the best ways.
Old 2012-11-28, 12:38   Link #27
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

The new battle force of the marines is something Vegapunk has been making. Probably new models of pacifistas.
Old 2012-11-28, 13:38   Link #28
Kona
Banned

I'm a little disappointed that Smoker lost but good chapter 7/10.
Old 2012-11-28, 13:49   Link #29
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

smoker lost but it was intentional?? meaning he meant to lose so law can get his heart back?
Old 2012-11-28, 13:52   Link #30
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post
I think Law cutting Vergo also shows us that the ones who were considered rookies should not be underestimated at this point,they've come as far as new world,shit's getting serious,and VA is no longer a level that would be able to stop them with ease.

I know that there are no technical power levels in One Piece,but i think Oda's trying to show us something.

And it's either Law having a broken DF

or

Rookies are no longer rookies.

This reminds me: Just for the record, I don't doubt the supernovas' strength. Never did, really. My argument was always that they couldn't topple the New World's major forces on their own. That's precisely why I don't object to them forming alliances among each other.... They have a better chance of beating their foes with appropriate backup. That being said, I am most definitely looking forward to the inevitable final clash against Doflamingo.

Oh, and another thing that occurred to me: Didn't gray_1960 argue that Law was too weak to be a threat for guys like Smoker and Vergo? Guess he has to eat his words now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kona View Post
I'm a little disappointed that Smoker lost but good chapter 7/10.

Again, Smoker let himself lose on purpose. Think about what Vergo said this chapter about how Smoker activating his ability makes him more vulnerable against strong haki users. It's pretty clear by now that the fight was just a distraction so Law could get his heart back. If Smokey weren't holding back, I doubt he'd lose so easily.....
Old 2012-11-28, 13:55   Link #31
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Wow, even Zoro would have been impressed by that slice. I have to say that, although i've never been a fan of Law, he was great in this chapter. Of course his cutting technique impressed me, but even more so his speech directed towards Doflamingo. I just loved how that idiot stopped laughing at the end. And yes, Smoker was great as well. Like marvelB, I think that Smoker 'lost' intentionally. The circumstances are obvious.

However, with this chapter, the arc is pretty much over, isn't it? Vergo's probably done, Ceasar never had a chance anyway, so all that's left to do is get rid of the gas or wait in a secure place until it's gone. It's pretty obvious that Joker's henchmen are going to do something soon. The question is where and when, though.
Old 2012-11-28, 14:02   Link #32
SeanQ

Surprising and a little disappointed Vergo went down so easily by Law...but yeah that cutting of the mountains and stuff was a little overkill lol Law seems a bit op now...hmm but that cutting technique...is it the same technique as Doflamingo's? For him to be able to extend his DF power to that distant is a bit off...
Old 2012-11-28, 14:08   Link #33
Kona
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoa1708 View Post
smoker lost but it was intentional?? meaning he meant to lose so law can get his heart back?
It wasn't, he was weaker than Vergo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Again, Smoker let himself lose on purpose. Think about what Vergo said this chapter about how Smoker activating his ability makes him more vulnerable against strong haki users. It's pretty clear by now that the fight was just a distraction so Law could get his heart back. If Smokey weren't holding back, I doubt he'd lose so easily.....
That's not true, if he was strong enough he would defeat him and Law would get his heart back. Losing on purpose makes no sense especially if you're risking your life.
Old 2012-11-28, 14:15   Link #34
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kona View Post
That's not true, if he was strong enough he would defeat him and Law would get his heart back. Losing on purpose makes no sense especially if you're risking your life.

But remember that he needs Law's power in order to get back his heart. It wouldn't do much good if his heart ended up being lost forever due to Law being killed now, would it? Not to mention he could risk damaging Law's heart if he got serious while the organ was still in Vergo's hands....
Old 2012-11-28, 14:17   Link #35
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Looks like this arc will be wrapping up very soon. Ceasar is getting dominated by Luffy, and Vergo seems to be pretty much done. Hardening his whole body and rushing with full force against Law looked like his last resort/ultimate trump card. And the moral of the story here is that the supernovas are no longer "rookies" or "underdogs". They've been sorely underestimated by the big players and that's proving to be quite costly for them. Doflamingo had a serious look on his face, which is indicative of the fact that there can't be any more messing around/taking this new generation lightly.

All in all, this was an awesome chapter.
Old 2012-11-28, 14:27   Link #36
janipani

Seems that I think very differently about Smoker and Law than many here.

Imo Smoker didn't have any chance against Vergo and only way to victory was to give heart back to Law.

Vergo was super strong, but Law is even more dangerous.

Smoker, Sanji < Law

Vergo's downfall was his trust on his armor which seems to be common for many haki user in this series, he just takes the hit even if it could be dodged.

-Best anime was made in 80s-
Old 2012-11-28, 14:38   Link #37
Somnus
Eh?

I don't know how some of you are thinking Smoker's loss wasn't intentional.

Vergo blatantly pointed out Smoker wasn't playing to his strengths as per the usual, and was being overly "reliant" on his DF ability.

Which pretty much points out that if Smoker was playing for keeps, he'd be fighting in a completely different way. I avoid saying "fighting seriously" since he fought convincingly enough to take Vergo's attention away from Law & his heart.

Classic distraction strategy that usually involves a loss of some sort. The loss this time just happened to be Smoker himself.
Old 2012-11-28, 14:49   Link #38
janipani

^ So you are saying that beating Vergo breathless and then returning the heart to Law was out of question... ridiculous!

You people just don't wanna admit that Law is bigger than Smoker.

It was clearly obvious that at first Law was weak against Vergo because he held Law's heart. Smoker however was weak against Vergo for no excuse.

Smoker calculated that it is better to save Law's heart rather than fight in order to win, because odds weren't for him.

Law > Vergo > Smoker > Sanji

-Best anime was made in 80s-
Old 2012-11-28, 14:53   Link #39
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by janipani View Post
^ So you are saying that beating Vergo breathless and then returning the heart to Law was out of question... ridiculous!

You people just don't wanna admit that Law is bigger than Smoker.

Dude, you're still missing the point. Just what part of "If Law dies, Smoker's as good as dead too" don't you get? And again: SMOKER COULD HAVE RISKED DAMAGING LAW'S HEART IF HE WENT ALL-OUT.
Old 2012-11-28, 14:59   Link #40
Kona
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
But remember that he needs Law's power in order to get back his heart. It wouldn't do much good if his heart ended up being lost forever due to Law being killed now, would it? Not to mention he could risk damaging Law's heart if he got serious while the organ was still in Vergo's hands....
Yeah but Law didn't need physically touch him to get the heart back. If Smoker was stronger he could of knocked him out which he was not capable of pulling off. Killing somebody isn't going to change how you get the heart unless he's gonna attack it. Which he already knew that he had it.
Closed Thread