AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-02-09, 18:01   Link #3581
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

I ordered mine from Amazon and it arrived this morning, To be fair it has its moments and there are points where you think hmm this could actually get good but then your brought back to reality when one of your team mates get stuck or a lucker grabs you through a wall.

It looks to me like they've used the duke nukem forever engine and its horribly dated looking and absent of any sort of physics engine meaning aside from some ragdoll on the aliens when you kill them everything else is pretty static, it certainly doesn't look anything like those shiney screen shots we seen last year.

That said I probably would be just as disappointed with Deadspace 3 (which was my other planned purchase) as it seems to be getting a lot of mixed reviews...

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-09, 18:12   Link #3582
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I dunno, I haven't played Dead Space 3 yet but I've watched my brother play it and it seems pretty good so far, even with the inclusion of regular human enemies.
Old 2013-02-09, 18:24   Link #3583
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
I ordered mine from Amazon and it arrived this morning, To be fair it has its moments and there are points where you think hmm this could actually get good but then your brought back to reality when one of your team mates get stuck or a lucker grabs you through a wall.

It looks to me like they've used the duke nukem forever engine and its horribly dated looking and absent of any sort of physics engine meaning aside from some ragdoll on the aliens when you kill them everything else is pretty static, it certainly doesn't look anything like those shiney screen shots we seen last year.

That said I probably would be just as disappointed with Deadspace 3 (which was my other planned purchase) as it seems to be getting a lot of mixed reviews...
Ah I see. Good to know, I think I'll stick to NS2 haha even it too is a bit "static."

I don't see you guys can get through the DS series, I couldn't even handle the first one lolz. I remember starting the first part of it and walking through a shower area and BAM, the shower turns on. I quit and uninstalled after that (I've never played a horror game before so I went all out playing at midnight with loud speakers and a pitch black room with only my PC lighting up)

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-09, 18:43   Link #3584
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I'm not much for horror games either but I gave Dead Space a chance when I had nothing else to do. It was a lot more fun than I thought it would be. Now I just need to play the latest one when my brother gets done with it. Bloody game is a LOT longer than Dead Space 1 and 2.
Old 2013-02-10, 17:31   Link #3585
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Fists of the North Star Ken's rage 2.
Old 2013-02-10, 17:42   Link #3586
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Persona 3 Fes - The Answer scenario. Just finished The Journey scenario a few hours ago.

Now I need to find Persona 4 and play it.
Old 2013-02-10, 18:45   Link #3587
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarami View Post
Persona 3 Fes - The Answer scenario. Just finished The Journey scenario a few hours ago.

Now I need to find Persona 4 and play it.

Do it. Mechanics-wise Persona 4 is amazing and the story, while not as high stakes feeling as it's predecessors, is still very good and (imho) better told overall. That reminds me that The Golden is coming out this month here in Europe, I should pre order it :-)

As for me I've been playing Tales of Vesperia still. How many fake endings can Namco put into a game? (Yhep, clearly my first tales game)
Old 2013-02-10, 21:08   Link #3588
Celestia Ludenberg
Ultimate Gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Aliens Colonial Marines - Possibly the worst game I've played all year. Thanks Gearbox for wasting a golden opportunity.
Oh...I heard about that game from way back in 2008? I think and have been really excited for it and now I'm dissapointed that it's a failure. I guess that's to be expected.
Celestia Ludenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-10, 21:11   Link #3589
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Since I beat Assassin's Creed 3 about 10 days ago I've been kinda bored, so I've been dabbling with Portal 2 community maps. However, just tonight, I downloaded a 64-bit version of Snes9x and started to play Sailor Moon: Another Story. Hey, don't judge; it's a good game!

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-14, 11:47   Link #3590
shinku no kage
:Still Yayoi's Onii~chan:

Virtual On

Yes, the first one. It was recently added to the JP PSN for 800yen with added online play and trophie set, which you can mostly complete by playing through arcade mode once. (and no, there's no Platinum)

I really missed playing the series because if I remember correctly nothing new has been on any of the SONY consoles since Marz. Personally I missed the designs of the classic mechs, I really didn't like the new designs with all those "spots" all over the mechs.

...but who am I to say anything on mech designs by the master Katoki Hajime right?
Old 2013-02-22, 02:09   Link #3591
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

F-Zero (SNES / Wii U Virtual Console)

I first played this on the Wii's Virtual Console a few years ago, and bought this version for the princely sum of 30 cents. Playing it now... well, it brings back bad memories of White Land II and Death Wind II. Nonetheless, it was a great game that really gave you that sense of speed.

Also finished Spyro 2 to 100% completion with all 16 skill points.
Old 2013-02-22, 13:51   Link #3592
takai
Easy Muffin

Virtue's Last Reward for the PS Vita. Really cool stuff so far. I'm already immersed in the story.
takai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-25, 10:48   Link #3593
shinku no kage
:Still Yayoi's Onii~chan:

Finished Virtual On on one play through, I forgot how overpowered Raiden's laser was. Not to mention you can get all game trophies on one play through too

Gone back to playing Disgaea 3(PS3) while I'm waiting on more games to be released next month.

Basically hit the "so...what now?" point in the game as I've finally beaten Baal, I can get my characters to lvl.9999 on the Ordeal map #4 in no time, and I've acquired most of the rank 40 weapons, etc. I'm addicted enough to accomplish that but not enough of a Disgaea junkie to attempt to go and make the "ultimate" character. Series players know what I'm talking about.

I might actually go and get Disgaea 4 now, I can wait on Disgaea Dimension. Also thinking about getting back into Pokemon but I'm fairly behind, soon to be three titles behind. Currently on Soul Silver. Thinking about getting Black and Black 2 and gonna wait to see how X and Y turn out. (plus I still need to get a 3DS)
Old 2013-03-04, 17:33   Link #3594
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

currently playing:

ps3: Dynasty Warriors 7 Empire
comments: capture that base! i like this one more than 7 itself. going to try out the
hard and chaos mode soon.

since Hyperdimension V got push back a week, i'll have to find something to pass the time by
while waiting again. i hope it doesnt get delay any longer. >____>
Old 2013-03-04, 18:30   Link #3595
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
PS3: Working on my S Rank Revengeance playthrough in Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, it's actually going extremely well so far. S Ranked all the way through the first... 4-5 levels, got stuck at the beginning of the current level... it's gonna take some work. Other than that... got the Codec trophy to earn, and I've Platinumed (pun~) it~

360: Got back into The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, it seems to be a game that I can't... play through all in one go. I keep getting off of it to play something else, then come back to it when I'm good and bored with my 360.... anway, just finishing any quests I have on me at the moment before I head out for more.

3DS: STILL working on Fire Emblem: Awakening... unfortunately, my save file has been erased twice now.... both very stupid reasons... so I won't go into it. Decided to go in as a FeMC this time, see how that goes. About.... Chapter 6-7 right now, been playing alot of that DLC map "EXPonential Growth" just to keep my characters all leveled out the same for now... also good for leveling the good for nothing Donnel for now~

DS: Got my DSi XL repaired, so now I can once again enjoy my DS games again. Started up on Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey again.... and this time I'm surprisingly holding on instead of losing all interest in it afew hours in. Not too far into it right now... so can't really say anything here~

Vita: Getting ready to get back into Persona 4 Golden to I can finally get that Platinum in it. All that's really left for me is the "Legend of Inaba" and "Hardcore Risette Fan" trophies.... which are going to require two seperate playthroughs.... but shouldn't be too hard~
Old 2013-03-04, 18:51   Link #3596
T-6000

For the Month of March I've dedicated it to 'Old School' games, meaning that I'm playing some of my favorite shooters I played the hell out of back at the 90s. I'm starting out with Doom and am up to the 4th Episode "Thy flesh consumed", and after that the original Heretic (Shadows of the Serpent Riders version, to be specific). Then after that maybe the first Quake.

It's a bit of a tradition I like to do every March, put aside all these modern FPS games and go through the classics I grew up with. These games are still surprisingly fun even in this day and age, which is why I don't pay any attention to those that say "Oh, these old games really don't age well." Though they do remind me that I am getting old.
T-6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-06, 02:06   Link #3597
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

i play some more Dynasty Warrior 7 Empire today. started Chaos mode with all
the extra bonus points to buy the weapons carry over and mounts.

this is my first time playing it on Chaos and, WOW.....those peons just rape me to oblivion with
just 5 hits. and those archers do A LOT of damage. and then the
officer OHKO me with their musou....lol. it was so dang hard to even take over
a base.

i have to resort to playing crossbow and shoot from a far. so far that works very well
and is the only way for me to stay alive. meleeing is suicidal.

it's not going to stop me from keep on trying. it's VERY hard...but at the same
time it's very fun to survive the stage and win. very satisfying.
Old 2013-03-06, 18:38   Link #3598
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Path of Exile and Mass Effect 2 again for the 10th time
Old 2013-03-06, 21:45   Link #3599
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

On the PSP:

Idolm@ster Shiny Festa: Honey Sound. Rhythm game featuring the Im@s girls, obviously. Great fun, and I find it quite relaxing, particularly for songs full of love and hearts, like Music.

Macross Triangle Frontier: For blowing shit up. The third licensed Macross Frontier PSP game, it's much-improved over its predecessors Macross Ace Frontier and Macross Ultimate Frontier. Features a visual novel "Academy Mode" where you make an OC pilot and play through a VN - complete with dating - interposed with missions lifted from the TV series. Once you're done, you can buff your OC pilot's stats and buy skills, and then use that OC pilot in the main game, which features missions from every version of Macross. Yes, even Macross II. But not Wings of Goodbye, as this came out a year before that movie. It's great fun.

On the PC:

Mass Effect 3. Specifically, the multiplayer. This is the only game I have that I regularly play and haven't deleted from my hard drive yet. Surprising, I suppose. Then again I'm not the only one. MP has been loads more fun that ME3 Singleplayer; I've got about 60 hours of SP on several different characters, compared to 170-odd hours of MP.

Tomb Raider: Just at the early parts of the game. I'm looking at major bad juju on this island, probably as bad or worse than Rook Island.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-07, 01:25   Link #3600
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Madly addicted to Natural Selection 2 for some weird reason (I've played it so much before when it first came out). No other game on my PC attracts my attention. I guess because the matches are only like 25min long max and those are usually my breaks from studying.

Or...maybe it's cuz I'm studying nursing and aliens look like body parts...jk

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote