AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ouran Host Club

Notices

Old 2006-04-10, 12:20   Link #81
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
OH my god one of the funniest shows so far this season i enjoyed ever bit of it. Cant wait for more.
Old 2006-04-10, 16:14   Link #82
ashefatal
YOUR secret stalker

Lol, I'm rather glad that I randomly on a whim decided to the torrent when I saw it at some other forum.

I luffed it xD
ashefatal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-10, 16:30   Link #83
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

I was totally expecting this show to be awful but it's by far one of the best shows this season. The show is quite a parody and the male versions of the standard harem stereotypes turned out really well. I can't wait for more.
Shouta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-10, 20:43   Link #84
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Having thoroughly enjoyed the first volume a few years back when it was translated by Aku-tenshi, I had high hopes for this show. And boy, not only did it meet expectations, but it far exceeded it.

Spoiler for slight spoiler for eps 1, though if you hadn't seen the show you probably won't understand me anyway:

In any case, this is my #2 must watch anime this season so far. Anyone looking for a romance anime (though very light the romance in this show might be) should give this show a shot, since the alternatives to this season are few, and good ones even fewer.

(#1 oddly enough goes to Zegapain, which is quite damn weird since 1] I'm a shoujo/bi-shoujo/romance fan and 2] I generally dislike mecha shows)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 01:40   Link #85
xiguo

Wow. I wasn't going to watch this because I didn't like the manga and I'm really glad I did. It actually had me laughing out loud in 2 parts (and cracking a smile in a lot of other parts)...which is very rare because I don't usually find comedy anime very funny. I'm definitely looking forward to future releases.
xiguo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 03:23   Link #86
thundastormz

Really, really LOOOOOVE the manga (even though I'm collecting the icky VIZ versions) I'm extremely relieved to find out that the anime wasn't a disaster. I had my doubts when my friend had told me that there was going to be an anime for this. But with those fears rested, I can fully enjoy this series ^____^

Only thing that bites is that I'll have to start choosing whether to read the manga and spoil everything in the anime for myself, or watch the anime and turn to the manga knowing what goes on ;___;

Characters are done perfectly--voice and design; roses = teh aw3some; and the OP/Hikaru-Kaoru moments make the yaoi-fangirl within me soar to new heights XD

I adooooooooooore this series. Taaaaaamaaaaki!!! *hugs computer screen*
thundastormz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 03:29   Link #87
Kyousuke

Ouran = Amazing
Kyousuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 04:25   Link #88
Scribble
Sloth

Send a message via MSN to Scribble
Quote:
Originally Posted by thundastormz
Only thing that bites is that I'll have to start choosing whether to read the manga and spoil everything in the anime for myself, or watch the anime and turn to the manga knowing what goes on ;___;

Since it's BONES, there's a chance that the anime's story will be different from the manga's at some point. They did that with FMA, and I think they did that with Angelic Layer, Eureka 7 and Scrapped Princess?
Scribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 04:28   Link #89
hakasan

This anime is....... as what Tamaki said: "Gud.... Gud.... Very gud!!!!!"
The drawings is BEAUTIFUL!!!! Esp. when Tamki was helping Haruhi find her wallet in d pond, d clouds in the blue sky reflected on d water............. The comedy parts were good as well. I've been burning out my computer by repeatedly watching that 1 episode over and over and over and over again. The
2rd episode is going to be aired late at nite in Japan 2nite right? It says 24hr50min on tuesday on its website, so I suppose it is 00.50hrs, isn't it?
hakasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 05:09   Link #90
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Wow! That impressed me.

In a single episode, it completely turned me 180. At the beginning, I thought it was rather slapstick and over the top, and I just couldn't see anything appealing about it. Then, about half way through the episode it hit me like an epiphany: I realized the whole point was a send up of the big shoujo stereotypes. After that I found the comedy enjoyable. Then, out of no where some extremely intriguing character development. After that I found the characters likable. And then, bang, a huge plot twist. After that I was completely sold.

Never has a first episode made me go from wondering what the hell is going on to completely fascinated and intrigued. This could very possibly be another winner in a season that, so far, has been ten different types of awesome.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 05:22   Link #91
Scribble
Sloth

Send a message via MSN to Scribble
Can anyone see a serious storyline developing? It seems obvious that the evil lady in episode one will try to get her revenge. I can imagine Fruits Basket type serious moments, just not as frequent.
Scribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 06:44   Link #92
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

This show made me feel emasculated . But I don't care

For story path, I imagine fangirl overload as Haruhi becomes more "popular". That, or Captain Oblivious has to fend off the gay innuendo for being attracted to another "guy"
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 06:52   Link #93
Full_Moon
Anime Freak

Send a message via AIM to Full_Moon Send a message via MSN to Full_Moon Send a message via Yahoo to Full_Moon
I have to say, this anime is the best by far this season....I myself have watched it over and over repeatedly....lol... totally hooke, and the opening song is sooooooooooo cute and addicting. And you tell by my avtar? lol
Full_Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 08:38   Link #94
Miacis

I think out of the recent batch of freshly fansubbed anime, Ouran is the best. The animation is absolutely stellar, and the soundtrack and sfx are perfectly on-par. There were so many opportunities for the first episode to turn into a stereotypically mediocre show of it's genre.

Spoiler:

Wins for being 100% entertaining and 0% boring. Only cons are a bit stereotypical character types. But that's only a few of the host club members. I find the main character quite original in his own way.

I hope this anime gets some more attention and doesn't end up swept under the carpet as a silly slapstick school-life anime.
Miacis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 08:47   Link #95
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miacis
Wins for being 100% entertaining and 0% boring. Only cons are a bit stereotypical character types. But that's only a few of the host club members. I find the main character quite original in his own way.
On this...

Spoiler:
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 09:37   Link #96
Chibi Nasu
Katsu~n wa Hyoutei

Send a message via AIM to Chibi Nasu Send a message via MSN to Chibi Nasu Send a message via Yahoo to Chibi Nasu
I've read (some of) the manga, and I must say that I feel so far, the anime has improved on it. No more bad lines and overuse of digi-tones and cluttered page layouts...

But yeah, tremendously enjoyed the anime. As soon as the episode ended, I wished I could just skip ahead to the next week and get the new episode. Art was gorgeous, pacing excellent, and the voice work... stand-out for me was Mamo-chan (aka the amazingly talented Miyano Mamoru) as Tamaki. I was a huge fan of his already for several projects, but this set me over the edge.
Chibi Nasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 09:59   Link #97
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner of Anime
For story path, I imagine fangirl overload as Haruhi becomes more "popular". That, or Captain Oblivious has to fend off the gay innuendo for being attracted to another "guy"
Suoh would, in fact, relish such "fame" and use it to his own advantage to lure in more fangirls who get high on yaoi innuendo. 8)

It's all calculated thorough and thorough. And if Tamaki didn't think of such a new method, Kyoya certainly would. 8)
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 10:10   Link #98
riznar
Save the Lesbians!

No way they will stop there.

If this is a reverse-harem as people described it, the fangirls (in the show) will be able to pair up Haruhi with their favorite normal host club member(s) in their minds. Cue more fangirl wiggling.

The thick, dripping, sticky inneundo will probably rival Kyou no Go no Ni.
riznar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 12:45   Link #99
Gryff
England ~_~

This anime is great, can't wait for more.
Been missing a genuinely funny anime show for a while.
Gryff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 14:14   Link #100
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
I am surprise no one brought this up yet but is it just me or is this a more light hearted, G rated version of Hana Yori Dango?

I mean we have a clique of rich handsome guys in an elite school and a poor girl who happened to be in this elite school through scholarship...

And then we have the fact those rich guys are probably all going to love the girl main in one way or another.

Oh and did I mention as stupid as Tamaki may act, he probably has some sort of dark past (I can just feel it!!) just like the main lead in Hana Yori Dango?
Ori is offline   Reply With Quote