AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-01-08, 07:18   Link #101
Arya

It looks promising.
I liked E7 even if it's not among my favorites. Great music.
No problem if the old cast will be there or not, except for Talho (even if not from the start I guess we'll see them pop-up). The only thing I'd like to see is Ao less childish than Renton. Hopefully he has inherited more Eureka traits
I totally forgot of the hair cut disease.
after googling i found that Talho cut her hair, too. Wow, I really need to watch E7 again, cause I don't remember quite anything about it, even how cute Talho was.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 07:36   Link #102
traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerMouse View Post
Actually:
Spoiler for Last Exile:
Spoiler for Last Exile:
Ideally, I want Eureka/Renton to have a big role in the story with a lot of screen time, and not be sidelined.
traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 09:46   Link #103
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveler View Post
Spoiler for Last Exile:
Ideally, I want Eureka/Renton to have a big role in the story with a lot of screen time, and not be sidelined.
I want the opposite actually: don't give them lots of screen time cause they'll most likely end up stealing the spotlight. Any one here remember Gundam Seed Destiny? Yeah...
Old 2012-01-08, 10:20   Link #104
Xagzan

At first I thought the Ao and...Naru is it? couldn't be anything but the kids of the E7 characters.

But that leaves me to wonder, what's up with the last names? Why isn't it Ao Thurston? Or Naru Novak? Even if by some chance both their parents were all dead, which I sincerely hope is not the case, I can't imagine that would be cause for such swift name changes.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 11:15   Link #105
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
At first I thought the Ao and...Naru is it? couldn't be anything but the kids of the E7 characters.

But that leaves me to wonder, what's up with the last names? Why isn't it Ao Thurston? Or Naru Novak? Even if by some chance both their parents were all dead, which I sincerely hope is not the case, I can't imagine that would be cause for such swift name changes.
Not sure why you would be concerned about swift name changes when the show takes place in the world which is "much closer to the modern day world", and there are countries like Japan, and actual locations called Okinawa, etc.

It's clearly not a story which takes place like 10-20 years after E7 ended. :P
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 13:14   Link #106
Xagzan

Ok, but then that means those two wouldn't be kids of the E7 cast, is what I was saying.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 13:27   Link #107
pinoscotto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
Ok, but then that means those two wouldn't be kids of the E7 cast, is what I was saying.
the summary says ao is an adopted child...
pinoscotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 16:42   Link #108
DangerMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoscotto View Post
that's what he said (he hope the charachter form e7 not to be present in this show)
I read it like he wanted them to be in this show and wanted to know what they were doing/what happened to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveler View Post
Spoiler for Last Exile:
Spoiler for Last Exile:

Don't know what I'd rather have, though I wouldn't mind it as long as they don't take over the show from the new main characters that have been acting as the main character up until whenever they'd show up (Like what happened in Destiny).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
I want the opposite actually: don't give them lots of screen time cause they'll most likely end up stealing the spotlight. Any one here remember Gundam Seed Destiny? Yeah...
Agreed on that, if that's the intent leave 'em out, but it can be done well too and not awfully like in Seed Destiny where Kira stole the show back.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 01:42   Link #109
Ami-chan
Raging Ami-chan Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by webkid94 View Post
Ehh.. not sure about this one. First series was okay, it had great music and animation from Bones but the romance was way too forced and sappy. Doesn't look like there's going to be a strong romance angle in this series but you never know. I'll watch it only if it's not 50 episodes like the first series.
hmm...I was hoping it would be actually. More episodes allotted makes me feel more comfortable in that they're investing a lot into the show = higher probability of it being good. Also 50 episode series just tend to have better plot/character development, etc. Obviously, this isn't always true, but just going for trends.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y193/mrjasonpark/Sigs%20and%20Avys/Momo-01-1.jpg
Ami-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 10:28   Link #110
pirateking

Never expected to be entering the world of E7 again in about 3 months time after 6 years since the TV series ended. From what I could tell by the synopsis, it seems they are trying to make another "save the planet" storyline, is BONES gonna market this show as another kid's show like the original?

Seems Ao is suffering the same fate as Renton (without parents), hope BONES could make his character more fresh out than seeing another Renton no.2 here. One thing that I notice is... why of all places is the story taking place in Okinawa, Japan plotwise??? Did Renton and Eureka landed in Japan in episode 50 and decided to settle there instead of bellforest?

I agree that its time to let new characters take the center stage instead because Renton and Eureka's story is pretty much done. I personally prefer Ao to be more of a late descendent of Renton and Eureka because I wouldn't want to see a sequel only to realise our former beloved heroine gets abducted by people and the hero goes missing (WTF!?). Its getting repetitive and stale to see another round of "R&E overcoming the odds to be together" storyline. They earned their happy ending, and I prefer it to stay that way. Besides, 13+ years is hardly enough time to turn a 10,000 year abandoned Earth into something modern for humans to live in.

On a fun note, when I saw the designs of Ao and Naru, its like seeing Renton and Eureka being reincarnated into opposite sex versions of themselves (hair and eyes colour)and still end up as a couple. Only possible if the story takes place several hundred or thousand years. Just my 2 cent theory

Last edited by pirateking; 2012-01-09 at 19:04.
pirateking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 10:32   Link #111
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

I don't know how to feel about this sequel. While I'll probably watch it, I wasn't a huge fan of the original series (found it mostly meh, except for the Charles and Ray parts, which I thought were very emotional and awesome). I still haven't finished it, but not much in the thirty-something episodes I watched really intrigued me.

As for these new characters, hopefully, they're not carbon copies of Renton and Eureka. Because the last thing I'd want to see is a rehash.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Flawfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 16:04   Link #112
leokiko

E7 still is one of my favorite animes of all time. So I'm extremely excited
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 03:08   Link #113
pirateking

I have looked up the term called "Yuta" regarding Naru's ability and the link is below:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryukyuan_religion#Yuta

In short, will be real interesting to see what spirits will Naru channel upon herself.

BTW, BONES must be a fan of Phoenix Wright series to introduce this concept.
Old 2012-01-13, 08:18   Link #114
BluWacky
尻の竜

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirateking View Post
BTW, BONES must be a fan of Phoenix Wright series to introduce this concept.
Yes, because of course the Phoenix Wright series was the origin of the Ryukyuan belief system...
BluWacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 10:00   Link #115
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluWacky View Post
Yes, because of course the Phoenix Wright series was the origin of the Ryukyuan belief system...
For the people who didn't get that it was sarcasm...

Now I hate to say this but since it seems that this new series doesn't take place after the first E7 and with the new main characters not having any relation the any of the old cast we may not see sequel at all...

We might have a expect that this may turn out to be some kind of prequel or worse an alternate universe/remake just like the movie...
Old 2012-01-16, 01:32   Link #116
pirateking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
For the people who didn't get that it was sarcasm...

Now I hate to say this but since it seems that this new series doesn't take place after the first E7 and with the new main characters not having any relation the any of the old cast we may not see sequel at all...

We might have a expect that this may turn out to be some kind of prequel or worse an alternate universe/remake just like the movie...
I disagree with E7AO being a prequel. Here is why:

1. The story takes place in Okinawa, Japan, a place on Earth. Humanity can't access Earth unless after the 2nd summer of love.
2. theres gonna be LFOs, a product from Scab Coral which humanity unearthed 10,000 years upon its arrival. They can't exist if Scab Coral isn't around.
3. Ao is a Coralian, you can see the red ring in his eyes. If he isn't an opposite sex clone of Eureka, then he can only be blood related to Renton and Eureka.

Even if its not a sequel but a parallel universe, its good to know BONES is still doing more E7-related stuff. Sequels sometimes can ruin an already awesome series. Look at Gundam Seed Destiny and Darker than Black 2.

Last edited by pirateking; 2012-01-16 at 02:29.
Old 2012-01-16, 02:38   Link #117
konart

What are you all talking about?
We were already told it will be a sequel.
Old 2012-01-16, 02:48   Link #118
Grim_Reaper

Spoiler for offtop:
Grim_Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 14:29   Link #119
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
What are you all talking about?
We were already told it will be a sequel.
You know maybe I am worrying for nothing maybe this will turn our to be great .
Old 2012-01-26, 22:24   Link #120
pirateking

The manga raw is out. here is a screenshot of the 1st chapter

Orignal credit goes to http://z7.invisionfree.com/Eureka_Se...#entry14880942

Tags
harem, mecha, romance, science fiction, shounen