AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2010-05-22, 03:37   Link #1401
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
P.S. By the way I never understood all those complaints about animation. I had basicly watched all episodes in a raw out of boredom and for me animation seemed to be same everywhere 0_o
What's the difference?
Cheap CG and stock moves ruled over the first few episodes, it was not the best start for a new show. What I mean is:
1) Natsu's dragon moves.
2) Lucy's gate opening.
3) Even Gray's freezing at some point, although it was much smaller and discreet.
Quote:
All the minus is lack of actual injuries and blood... just bruises even when they say "Look! your body got cut to shreds!". There is really no difference between how the damage looks what is annoying...
Well, we can't complain about censorship after watching Bleach, can we? :P
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-22, 04:17   Link #1402
kitten320

Well this censorship is way too big, Bleach might cover some cut off limbs but not actual scratches and blood dripping. Naruto also has blood and as far as I know One Piece too...
It is really weird that they mae Fairy Tale like that. They better change it.

KiNA
I never had one
Though my classmate does... she is really noisy and outgoing in normal life and can do a lot of random stuff in front of almost anyone but whenever she has to do something official in public, she gets red like tomato and you can barely hear her when before whole school could hear her.
I just don't get it, what's the difference? I find making fun out of myself on stage far easier.
Old 2010-05-22, 17:30   Link #1403
FreezeTheSun

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
P.S. By the way I never understood all those complaints about animation. I had basicly watched all episodes in a raw out of boredom and for me animation seemed to be same everywhere 0_o
What's the difference?
Well first of all, you have to look at who is producing the animation, A-1 Pictures and Satelight. Both have had really good resumes, especially A-1, so
Fairy Tail had a lot of potential. It was already considered to be a player in becoming the big four, but it wasn't treated the same as the others when it became an anime. It was censored down so bad, it just killed a lot good things. There is a lot of fan service in FT., which is more than any of the big three has, so it really hurts to be taken away from FT. Anyway back to the animation. In anime you have different Animation Directors that bring in all sorts of animators, so each episode has it's own quality. You will have AD's rotate from episode to episode, so we call them teams, so we know what to expect. For example, take episode 28 and compare it to episode 30. 28 was stiff and robotic (just like the majority of the series), but episode 30 had nice movement in certain parts, like when Luxus was talking with Mira and Lucy, then dodging Natsu. It's kinda funny, not to call people out, but when I said no one really cares about the animation, it was true. Not saying everyone thinks that but... yeah. The few times this series has fluid movement, no one mentions it. Naturally people usually care about the art and VA's than they do about the movement of a character. If you have read the manga, you would understand something that sticks out of the whole series. Fights! FT has more detailed fight scenes than any of the big three, yet when an important fight comes up, it's treated with the same stills with stiff animation, in an usual episode. When big fights come up in the big three, they tend to have spectacular animation, with lots of fluid movement. FT, ha, doesn't get jack. That's what is killing the series in my opinion. The majority of the people doesn't tend to worry about animation anyway, but to me, it's probably the most important thing to an anime series. On a last note, some people don't understand the importantce of animation to an anime. Other than old Disney, there really isn't nothing that surpasses Japanese animation, and a few other asian animes. Yes I've seen some pretty crappy production in anime, usually kids anime, but FT is right along with it. Direction, production, storyboard, all of it is stiff. It's just not fun.

@Kafriel: Yes, Bleach's censorship is bad, but I would take that any day over FT's censorship.
FreezeTheSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-22, 20:36   Link #1404
OkamiNoKaze

Episode 30 was great and hilarious throughout Fairy Tail, and namely "The most powerful" team, can't seem to do anything on subtle scale, it must always end in destruction, even a simple play. Reminds me of the episode of the original Slayers I watched where Lina and the rest were in a play. Ooh, now there would be a hilarious crossover, Slayers and Fairy Tail.
Old 2010-05-24, 07:58   Link #1405
Kafriel
Senior Guest

-inb4Shiroth-
Aye!
Spoiler for 31:
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-24, 09:00   Link #1406
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Screw drama.. after the first few minutes, I'm kinda looking at what the yellow arrow is pointing
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-24, 11:55   Link #1407
Viperflame

Spoiler for yellow arrow:

and i saw a merlion
Viperflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-24, 14:06   Link #1408
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Ep 31:
Old 2010-05-24, 16:33   Link #1409
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
-inb4Shiroth-
This is the first time i've been late watching a Fairy Tail episode.

Aye!
Spoiler for Episode 31:
Old 2010-05-24, 16:52   Link #1410
Jin Kizuite
Guns Galore!

Send a message via MSN to Jin Kizuite
Yo what's up... MAN?!

Elza naked?! ... *Smoke slowly clears away.* Elza in armor. My face expression. =_=''

Lucy getting triple headshotted by pillows and being slow motion ejected from the house. Too funny... MAN.

*Screams as a Loki fanboy.*

Lucy: "STFU (Elza face)" Gray and Natsu cowers in fear.

NOOOOOOOOOOO LOKIIIII! *CRIES ON SHIROTH'S MANLY CHEST.*

Credit @ fallschirmjager
Jin Kizuite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-24, 16:55   Link #1411
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jin Kizuite View Post
Elza naked?! ... *Smoke slowly clears away.* Elza in armor. My face expression. =_=''
That was an anime original scene (in the manga we just see Elza sat in the water), and a pretty good one at that. It was totally in character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jin Kizuite View Post
NOOOOOOOOOOO LOKIIIII! *CRIES ON SHIROTH'S MANLY CHEST.*
Loke's the one who deserves a hug.

Speaking of Loke, i just love how shiny his shades come across as being in certain scenes.
Old 2010-05-24, 17:31   Link #1412
Jin Kizuite
Guns Galore!

Send a message via MSN to Jin Kizuite
His shades are shiny as a characteristic of being BADASS! <3

Credit @ fallschirmjager
Jin Kizuite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-24, 18:05   Link #1413
kitten320

Just saw subtitles.. I actually fell for Happy's joke about Plue
Erza bathing an armor sure looked funny and good to see that Lucy is able to scare Natsu and Gray too
The whole Loke truth was really unexpected, he starts to grow on me so I hope for good ending for him. And no wonder he was scarwed of Lucy.
Old 2010-05-24, 19:03   Link #1414
blewin

10/10 for me in terms of humour for episode 31. Juvia's yellow arrow, talking Plue, Lucy's knowledgeable spirit, the guy with the tall head.

But what I don't like is the balance of humour and drama. The scene with Loke hugging Lucy is supposed to be quite dramatic and emotional, but the humour of the man with the tall head keeps getting in the way! The drama didn't flow all that well and that's a real shame.

Love the little Loke/Lucy moments though.

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-24, 19:07   Link #1415
kitten320

Ah yeh, that cross spirit also cracked me up. I had same expresion as happy. Just how in the world can Lucy tell the difference?
Old 2010-05-24, 21:22   Link #1416
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

A pillow fight that sends you to the hospital what where they doing putting bricks in the pillows
Old 2010-05-24, 21:26   Link #1417
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Ah yeh, that cross spirit also cracked me up. I had same expresion as happy. Just how in the world can Lucy tell the difference?
Apparently she's interacted with the spirit enough to tell the difference. I was with Happy in being unable to tell one from the other .
Old 2010-05-24, 22:45   Link #1418
kenshinkid
"Phenomenal" Parody God
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viperflame View Post
Spoiler for yellow arrow:

and i saw a merlion
Yeah I saw the merlion too XD. Japanese seem to love Singapore so much. I lost count how many times the merlion appeared in animes
Old 2010-05-24, 22:47   Link #1419
Clarste
Human

I liked the armor-in-the-bath thing. It's a nice bit of foreshadowing in addition to being a joke.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-24, 22:50   Link #1420
blewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
I liked the armor-in-the-bath thing. It's a nice bit of foreshadowing in addition to being a joke.
Foreshadowing?

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen