AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-01-19, 12:43   Link #21
Hikikomori Ja nai
Pony-tails Turn me on >_<

Send a message via AIM to Hikikomori Ja nai
Noir and Madlax... also overdrive if Toki ever decides to sub 25 and 26.....
Old 2008-01-19, 15:01   Link #22
Phantasmagoria
*Author

Oh yea Noir and Madlax. These 2 are kind of old, but the animation is still pretty good!
I was kind of surprised, since they are dated back to the 02's. They are easily some of the best anime at that time.
Old 2008-01-19, 23:17   Link #23
malvado

Quote:
Originally Posted by gh0stmice View Post
i third baccano....it was pretty sick.....plus i loved the issac and maria characters.....
death note is just a must see for any anime viewer
samurai x trust and betrayal...really good...its the kind that you can watch over and over again....action, blood, gore, trust, and betrayal(ha imagine that)....
Im downloadin the series you recommended right now. Btw ppl check out Kaze no stigma. Im alsop watchin Shakugan no Shana. Im am at eps 3. Its been prettu good until now but I need to see more.. action. To the gy who recommended Death Note: Ive already watched it. Coulnt sleep or get out. I rate it the best manga eva made.
Old 2008-01-20, 12:12   Link #24
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
Oh yea Noir and Madlax. These 2 are kind of old, but the animation is still pretty good!
I was kind of surprised, since they are dated back to the 02's. They are easily some of the best anime at that time.
Madlax is actually from 2004. Anyway, I second them as I consider them not among the best anime of that anime but among the best of all time.

Not that much action but Monster and Higurashi no Nau Koro Ni in my opinion have better plot than Death Note, so you might check them out.

Baccano! has an amazing story for a 13 episode, action packed series.

Old 2008-01-20, 23:46   Link #25
malvado

I love action anime but rurouni kenshin is just raw action. Not my type. ANd yeah, Death note is sick. The best anime/manga ever. Im watchin Baccano now.
Old 2008-01-21, 06:07   Link #26
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator

There is a deep story behind the raw action of Rurouni Kenshin. Check out the ovas then, they are full drama.

Last edited by bbduece; 2008-01-24 at 00:33.
Old 2008-01-21, 06:11   Link #27
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator

Yagami Light is sick but Lelouch is even greater ^^.
Old 2008-01-24, 00:31   Link #28
malvado

Can you guys please suggest some more
Old 2008-01-25, 19:27   Link #29
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by malvado View Post
Sry but no mecha 4 me. I freakin erased Gunslinger after 6 episodes. Too boring.
If you're going to label Gurren Laqann as "merely mecha", you've made a terrible mistake. That's almost like calling Martian Successor Nadesico a 'mecha' show. I should start calling Law&Order a "car" show, I guess.

Mecha is a *component* of the story but not the dominating focus. I'm not even a "mecha fan" as I perceive the definition and I enjoyed TTGL for its science fiction, action, drama, and romance.

general comment: It'd also be helpful if people put the sort of anime they were looking for IN THE TITLE of the thread.... so everyone else doesn't have to waste their time opening threads unnecessarily if they don't have a suggestion.
Old 2008-01-25, 20:39   Link #30
devildog23
Summerlurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by malvado View Post
Im lookin for action packed anime with a great story.
Some I haven't seen suggested that aren't on your list

D. Grayman - I've seen 54(only 13 more before I have to wait weekly for new episodes *cries*) episodes and am now addicted to it. The action is great, there is also a good amount of horror and drama.
Busou Renkin - This one is similar to FMA, in the fact that it involves alchemy, but thats the only thing similar. It has good action scenes, romance and comedy. Good plot as well.
Chrono Crusade - Although the last fight is severely lacking the action department, its still a good series with several fights.

Seconding some already suggested ones

Fate/Stay Night - Quite possibly my favorite Action/Romance. The action blew me away and left me wanting more. The main characters are all likeable. Great story and dramatic atmosphere, I'd say this is a must see.
Rurouni Kenshin - Great male lead and amazing action. The part I really enjoyed was how they incorporated historical politics and philosophy into it.
Old 2008-01-27, 22:34   Link #31
malvado

3x3 eyes is pretty good. Ima check out that FMa like anime

KONOHA Kuroi no Yarou
Closed Thread

Tags
action