AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2011-11-06, 19:16   Link #6741
Etheral

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Dood! Stop with the unfounded speculation, this is the MANGA thread. If you want to put 1+1 togheter make sure it's "1 fact + 1 fact = something we kind of know as fact". Completely wild speculation and fortune telling goes here: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=98995

So then Gajeel wasn't a real dragon slayer until he met lily?
da truth

I know it sounds weird but I think that's how you know in this manga. Why give them special mascot characters on top of being the bad guys? Only a true DS gets a mascot. It was the reason Gajeel was so depressed. Imagine how he'd have felt if they met them and he never had Pantherlily. He'd be so crushed.
Etheral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-06, 19:31   Link #6742
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergel02 View Post
But the connection and reason is all explained in the Edolas arc.
no it wasn't...
In edolas we first learned that the cats were sent to earth to kill the dragon slayers(connection)... but then later we learned that was all a lie... in truth the cats were sent to earth for no other purpose than to let them escape the destruction of their home (no connection). As it would seem, charle and happy meeting wendy and Natsu was nothing more than a coincidence.

Last edited by Slayerx; 2011-11-06 at 21:50.
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-06, 19:34   Link #6743
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
It's possible that these two new DS's have cats for the same reason Gajeel got one. They had heard that Natsu, Wendy and Gajeel have one, and thus got ones for themselves. Or, the Exceed sent two of their own to befriend and watch the new DS's. Or that a couple of Exceed were jealous that Happy and Carla had DS mages as close friends, and thus sought out other DS's.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-06, 19:34   Link #6744
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Indeed, Charle only thought her mission was to kill/capture dragon slayers because of her abilities to see the future. She see the future and thought those were imprinted memories with her mission.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-06, 22:04   Link #6745
ronin myael
lost ronin

two more dragon slayers eh? i guess i got my wish. looks like sting is a metal dragon like gajeel but that rogue guy is mysterious. shadow dragon? interesting... i keep thinking about shikamaru's shadow techniques. lol oh well, i hope his skills won't disappoint.

it does look like those two newbies idolized the other dragon slayers and they happened to have cats so it's not impossible for them to take some eksheed to become their "pets" just like natsu, gajeel and wendy. and since the eksheed have taken residence in their world after the edolas arc, recruiting one (or two) won't be much of a problem. i don't think it has anything to do with their nature as dragon slayers.

Last edited by ronin myael; 2011-11-06 at 23:26.
ronin myael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-06, 23:31   Link #6746
Etheral

I looked again at the manga and realized Sage Aug (old dude of council) has pointy ears. No one else does. He also has a strange black bird above his head. Sign of things to come or artists leeway?

I still don't think that the guy who ate the arrow is an iron dragon slayer, but that's just me.
Etheral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 09:25   Link #6747
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etheral View Post

I still don't think that the guy who ate the arrow is an iron dragon slayer, but that's just me.
Kinda with you on this, they where called light and dark dragonslayers not Iron and fire or sky... that seemed in reference of fairy tails dragon slayers. I know he ate an arrow so many are thinking he ate iron but I think he ate the light on the arrow or something to that effect.

Itd be kinda awkard thoung if one of them was raised by Acnologia...
I mean Gajeel meets him and goes "Wtf... your dragon is an ass! He tried to blow up our island with us on it!"
Rogue: "I dont care"
Gajeel: "O.o"
Old 2011-11-07, 09:40   Link #6748
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etheral View Post
I looked again at the manga and realized Sage Aug (old dude of council) has pointy ears. No one else does. He also has a strange black bird above his head. Sign of things to come or artists leeway?

Mavis had pointy ears too I think? Maybe the older generation had pointy ears but the youngsters degenerated/evolved into round ears Or, once you reached a certain mastery of magic or obtains certain amounts of magic power, the magic/power changed you to become more elf-like
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 13:23   Link #6749
Etheral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoka?? View Post
Mavis had pointy ears too I think? Maybe the older generation had pointy ears but the youngsters degenerated/evolved into round ears Or, once you reached a certain mastery of magic or obtains certain amounts of magic power, the magic/power changed you to become more elf-like
i wouldn't put it past Fairy Tail to do something like that.
Old 2011-11-07, 15:04   Link #6750
White Silver King
The Isley

Quote:
Mavis had pointy ears too I think?
Mavis has wing ears lol.
Old 2011-11-07, 15:55   Link #6751
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
Itd be kinda awkard thoung if one of them was raised by Acnologia...
I mean Gajeel meets him and goes "Wtf... your dragon is an ass! He tried to blow up our island with us on it!"
Rogue: "I dont care"
Gajeel: "O.o"
There is no risk of that happening. Acnologia considers humans as ants and won't even bother talking to them, let alone train them.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 15:56   Link #6752
kitten320

Gildarts as new master? Looks like oour current master will get fired, poor him. I wonder what exactly are they hiding in that room.

I like Mest's new look.

So we are introduced to 2 new dragon slayers and cats? Cool! And no wonder Gajeel was so depresse when he didn't have one
Old 2011-11-07, 16:56   Link #6753
White Silver King
The Isley

Quote:
There is no risk of that happening. Acnologia considers humans as ants and won't even bother talking to them, let alone train them.
There's obviously some kind of connection between Zeref and Acnologia. As the most prominent theory goes, he's most likely Acnologia's DS so I wouldn't say it is impossible (especially since Rogue looks so much like Zeref).
Old 2011-11-07, 18:59   Link #6754
Etheral

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Silver King View Post
There's obviously some kind of connection between Zeref and Acnologia. As the most prominent theory goes, he's most likely Acnologia's DS so I wouldn't say it is impossible (especially since Rogue looks so much like Zeref).
I don't think Zeref 'is' a DS. I think he has 'control' over a dragon somehow. My other theory is that he is the dragon/transforms into it.
Old 2011-11-07, 19:25   Link #6755
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
Kinda with you on this, they where called light and dark dragonslayers not Iron and fire or sky... that seemed in reference of fairy tails dragon slayers. I know he ate an arrow so many are thinking he ate iron but I think he ate the light on the arrow or something to that effect.
He didn't even eat the arrow. He just bit it off and spat it back at the archer.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 19:52   Link #6756
White Silver King
The Isley

Quote:
I don't think Zeref 'is' a DS. I think he has 'control' over a dragon somehow. My other theory is that he is the dragon/transforms into it.
If I'm not mistaken, he has the sharp teeth only DS have.
Old 2011-11-07, 23:11   Link #6757
Etheral

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Silver King View Post
If I'm not mistaken, he has the sharp teeth only DS have.
really? I didn't catch that ...changes my theory a little now i have to add that Zeref could be a DS.
Old 2011-11-08, 01:03   Link #6758
Rahan

I didn't catch it either.
Anyways, finally watching this week episode reminded me that Mashima more or less introduced Gods and Zeref would be more likely to be linked to them than to dragons.

Sure Natsu beat the noob god slayer, but gods should be higher in hierarchy
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-08, 02:02   Link #6759
MAX_COLA_POWER!

In Natsu's defense, and after Zancrow's animé counterpart, you REALLY wanted someone like him to win/live?
MAX_COLA_POWER! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-08, 03:50   Link #6760
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Eh, gods have been defeated before...although I doubt Zancrow could beat Enel We never got to know how he got his title, did we?
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen