AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Another

Notices

View Poll Results: Another - Episode 4 Rating
Perfect 10 20 30.77%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 23 35.38%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 26.15%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 6.15%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.54%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-01, 00:14   Link #21
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doraneko View Post
Ugh don't make your physics teacher cry. .

The "morale" of the story of whoever dropping two balls from the Tower of Pisa is that acceleration is the same for free-falling objects regardless of your mass (inc. the elevator and the nurse). Of course practically the elevator may fall slower than free fall speed due to friction with the shaft. But anyway when the elevator hits the ground you will be slammed into the ground. I don't really see how you have any chance to be splattered against the roof first.

Btw that video was only for showing how the myth of survival by jumping right before the elevator hits the ground is only a myth.

I am an arts student btw and never did physics.
That's exactly what I was explaining to my friend when I showed him the clip. I had to remind him that all solid objects fall at the same rate. After that he was like "Duh, how could I have forgotten that?"

Endless "Slave to gravity" Soul
Old 2012-02-01, 00:21   Link #22
Setsuryuu

That mythbusters video, awesome. XD

Man all those high hopes I had for this series when I saw it on winter 2012 season list is... Almost paying off! I mean really close! Keep up! XD

Well, main thing so we won't fall into boring and foreseeable patterns here - there's countermeasures being made / sis said something important like "abide to class rules", must be related to countermeasures, a way to stop the deaths / Misaki Mei said to Sakakibara to take care in school, as if she doesn't want him to die but may not be able to avoid danger to him, so she might be a ghost or whatever and still not be exactly the villain killing everyone (but might be related somehow, I don't know).

So, one death per episode cliffhanger-end or not this series can still get a great unique ride if they play all those cards well... We'll see.
Old 2012-02-01, 00:22   Link #23
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Another great episode.

Another wonderful night of horror and suspense.

Another death.

Another will always deliver more of what you want.

Ok, with those bad puns now worked out of my system (I love dry humor, and this anime's title just begs for it ), I really liked Episode 4.

Just perfect steady buildup of mystery, horror, and suspense.

That being said, Kouichi needs his own personal Akemi Homura to slap some sense into him.

"Curiosity killed the cat?"

No, curiosity killed Class 3.

Right now I don't mind Kouichi relentlessly trying to uncover the mysteries surrounding him, but I hope that within an episode or two he starts considering the fact that the way he keeps pushing things seems to oddly be causing people to die. Honestly, if I was in Ko's class I'd be tempted to say to him "Dude, stop! Are you trying to get us killed?!"

As for the nurse dying, it was a bit sad but extremely well-executed. I also had a feeling she was going to die, as she seemed a bit too happy-go-lucky for the overall atmosphere of this show.

Anyway, 9/10 for Episode 4. I'm definitely looking forward to Another episode next week.
Old 2012-02-01, 01:15   Link #24
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Put Flesh

The paranoia factor fares better than that one found in Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni:Onikakushi-Hen scenario.

I got some key questions answered by the students in this episode, and I'm starting to believe that Kouichi has not much alternatives between either the students from the classroom or the eye-patched Misaki. That's not only because he virtually gets no definite answers from either party, but because both parties feel to me dangerous.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Old 2012-02-01, 04:23   Link #25
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Maybe the moral of the story is "safety and health first"?
Old 2012-02-01, 04:26   Link #26
EroKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Maybe the moral of the story is "safety and health first"?
Or rather it is similar to Shiki, "RUN THE HELL OUT OF THIS TOWN!"
Old 2012-02-01, 06:47   Link #27
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
But then Oyashiro-sama will never forgive you for leavi-... Oh wait, wrong show.
Old 2012-02-01, 07:24   Link #28
kimpleng
Lurker

Aww man, other forum brings elevator discussion into whole new level.
They calculate (possible) potential energy, even someone post this link:
http://express.howstuffworks.com/runaway-elevator.htm

Now, I just want to enjoy the show without burning my brain.
Physics and math isn't my forte.
Old 2012-02-01, 07:47   Link #29
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimpleng View Post
Quote:
Your best bet would be to lie flat on the floor. This would stabilise you and spread out the force of the impact — so that no single part of your body would take the brunt of the blow.
I'm sure the poor nurse would have loved to know the above. But then again:
Quote:
You would (still) hit the ground at 100mph, just like the elevator. That's gonna hurt!
Ouch.
Old 2012-02-01, 08:42   Link #30
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
I'm sure the poor nurse would have loved to know the above. But then again:

Ouch.
Here my idea about elevator ac. If you turn the speed direction from up to down to an horizontal point of view you can see that there is not something you can really do. If I think of a car accident it is the safety belt that can safe your life first, then the airbag, but the latter is strictly related to the former. But the first of all precautions is the elasticity of the car, that absorb great part of the impact. The elevator is not planned to take vertical impacts in consideration, I guess. So all the velocity the lift gains it will transmit all to anything in its inside.
Any position, even if you adopt the pose of the crane kick, will not help you so much. Imho

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2012-02-01, 09:48   Link #31
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
Quote:
But then Oyashiro-sama will never forgive you for leavi-... Oh wait, wrong show.
Yeah but both play on the small town secluded feeling which makes you feel trapped. Personally I think the town would do a lot better if they installed another cell phone tower
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2012-02-01, 10:05   Link #32
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

The nurse was nice, such a shame.

I wonder if people just die randomly or are somehow picked by the curse. Is it because the nurse picked her nose about Misaki?
And what Misaki herself thinks of all this? Looks like she doesn't want Sakakibara to get involved, since she decided to not go to school when he told her he's going.
Old 2012-02-01, 10:12   Link #33
rakusukira

those who acknowledge that Mei exists end up dead.. except for Koichi since he's the main character . haha
Old 2012-02-01, 11:20   Link #34
Squarecrow
Supreme Ruler of Crowatia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Soul View Post
That's exactly what I was explaining to my friend when I showed him the clip. I had to remind him that all solid objects fall at the same rate. After that he was like "Duh, how could I have forgotten that?"

Endless "Slave to gravity" Soul
Objects fall at the same rate in a vacuum.

In air it really depends. Two objects with the same shape and thus same aerodynamics, the denser (heavier) object will fall faster. Of course, she and the elevator don't have the same shape. She might hit the top of the elevator when it drops but she's definitely going to splatter against the floor of it when it crashes.
Old 2012-02-01, 12:20   Link #35
Miraluka
Banned

Lets keep in check the students.
Old 2012-02-01, 12:23   Link #36
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post

Lets keep in check the students.
Aside from the scratching off of dead students can we do something for students who's family dies? Obviously Im gonna remember the nurse but can we mark her brother somehow so I remember what student it effected?
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2012-02-01, 12:48   Link #37
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
But, what I know for true is that the Misaki-esque doll has eye-patched Misaki's real eye embedded in its left socket. I only speculate on this because that doll is always displayed with its left eye hidden under the hair every time that Kouichi comes to the store.
In episode 2, Mei already showed the full face of the doll, revealing that it had two green eyes, and not one red and one green, so this statement is false.
Old 2012-02-01, 12:51   Link #38
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninryu View Post
The nurse was nice, such a shame.

I wonder if people just die randomly or are somehow picked by the curse. Is it because the nurse picked her nose about Misaki?
And what Misaki herself thinks of all this? Looks like she doesn't want Sakakibara to get involved, since she decided to not go to school when he told her he's going.
Both people that died seemed to deny her existence in her presence, that was one thing I noticed. As for Misaki, she doesn't seem to have much emotion either ay so I'm not sure what she feels about all this.

The whole mystery seems to center around whether or not Misaki Mei actually exists and that also seems to be some sort of trigger for characters to die. Then again it could just as easily be a series of coincidences since when a gust of wind blew by and knocked the pane of glass over Kouichi and that other girl were talking about that bitchy seeming Izumi girl and looking out for her and not Misaki Mei. Then again maybe it's not a coincidence since why did that seem to trigger that to happen and why didn't anybody die? Is their some force at work that doesn't like Izumi?

A lot of questions to be answered about this mystery to look forward too. If our lead was a little less....socially awkward and constantly in need of advice he'd probably be best to ask Misaki Mei some more direct questions. She does seem willing to answer any question he asks and her role is basically to appear out of nowhere to spout expository dialogue so I bet she knows everything.
Old 2012-02-01, 13:16   Link #39
christinemarie
Crazy One

Recap
Mother died, some guy told that mother's student girl about what happened, then when she left the classroom she saw Mei, then the result is WRONG END.

When the Nurse asked her brother about Mei, the curse takes affect with her first ending up dead before the brother possibly dies which is on-course the DEAD END.

For some reason, the MC and possibly his relative is immune to such curse hence she outlived it during her time in school fifteen years ago or she just followed the rules through the end.

The curse changes target to another classmate plus someone blood related to that classmate if the one supposed to die is saved from his/her demise.

I wonder if the MC gets blamed for the deaths.
April - Mei Misaki visited in the morgue. (his arrival)
May - Megane Girl. (talks to him with something about the 1st.)
June - Nurse's young brother. (who gets involved since the Nurse asked about IT.)
18 more people will die, plus some people would die due to personal reasons from others.
Old 2012-02-01, 14:41   Link #40
ookamigirl

Well... it started.
Everyone clamped up.
Kouichi still in the dark.
People dying what seems to be in a pattern.
Misaki avoiding him and school, which just led to pointless deaths.
Hmm... someone needs to tell that kid the whole story.

My Blog --> ookami
Closed Thread