AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2013-01-16, 15:46   Link #121
kleon90

Well, I believe the 15 votes for "Fate/Zero OP2" were for "to the beginning" (mine was), I hope the staff takes this into account...
kleon90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-16, 15:57   Link #122
kitten320

Well SAO was a failure for most part... though F/Z sure is leading a lot... even a bit disappointing
Old 2013-01-16, 18:08   Link #123
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Quote:
Ithekro
We noticed you posted in the thread, but none of your posts seem to contain votes. Perhaps you have a typo in the format? Please re-check your vote post if you have one. Both the {TAG} and the [Category Name] are mandatory. Placing your votes in any sort of block: spoiler tag, indent tag, quote, etc, will make it look like part of a discussion to us and as a result may not be considered.
I was not voting, just making comment.
Old 2013-01-16, 18:12   Link #124
Fahd
* >/dev/null

That "error" comes up for everyone who comments but doesn't vote. It's just a double-check in case you voted but completely messed-up the formatting, such that the script can't even tell if you were trying to vote .
Fahd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-16, 19:34   Link #125
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Huzzah to the 2 people who voted for Tapioca!
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-16, 20:52   Link #126
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Huh...

If I had switched my vote for Mirai Nikki OP and the Mysterious Girlfriend OP we'd have had a 4 way tie for 4th place. That's pretty close.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 06:47   Link #127
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
I am glad to see DanshiKou making the cut. Even if it don't win in the end, it should make people check it out and see why it got nominated.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 10:33   Link #128
hinakatbklyn

Hmmm... the one chance to get Rinne no Lagrange into the voting round, and I ended up choosing Tasogare Otome x Amnesia's OP Choir Jaiil for the two points over Try Unite.

(Although I thought both were very good OPs for 2012)
Old 2013-01-17, 11:04   Link #129
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Looks like Fate/Zero is going to sweep off the awards once again. Really sad Gintama' didn't make it. Where are my Gintabros at?

Some of the nominations for Horror were weird... One off? Wut? That's got to be a mistake.
Old 2013-01-17, 11:08   Link #130
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Some of the nominations for Horror were weird... One off? Wut? That's got to be a mistake.
I figured it was a couple of protest vote at the lack of good genuine Horror this year,or may just pure trolling,not sure
Old 2013-01-17, 17:43   Link #131
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

Quote:
Estelle Bright (Eiyuu Densetsu: Sora no Kiseki) — 2pts / 1 vote (1%)
Poor Estelle, haha. My job here's done, though. As long as she's mentioned in the records as possible contender for best female of the year, that's enough. Never really expected her to get more votes anyhow, given how the OVA for Kiseki is basically... stuff for those who played the games and know the plot.

Anyhow, I'm actually okay with a bunch of categories, even though Fate/Zero topping again feels kinda weird. I don't necessarily agree w/ the Visuals/Animation, because there's a severe lack of FMA: Milos there. It's a movie, so it might be unfair, but to me it was the most impressive 2012 work in terms of animation, no doubt. Fantastic job from everyone who worked on it, and I'm really excited to check out Galgantia next season to see Murata's work on a TV-series. K-ON! movie was also "KyoAni, but a bit better", so I kinda feel it should have been over there instead of Chuu2, buuuut yeah. Still, the top 4 are definitely good series, and I do think the people around here have some really valid choices, so I'm happy either way.

The other category where I'm kinda sad that one of the shows didn't get through was the romance one, haha. I really, really enjoyed Hotarubi no Mori e and despite being such a short ride, I really felt as it was one of the best directed love stories I've seen as of late. I suppose it wasn't very popular and a lot of people skipped it, so hopefully even those few noms will get SOME people interested in it!

Lastly, shame for no SAO on the action category. I understand the plot of the show is all wonky and far from being particularly great, but it packed a lot of really nice looking action from some very talented people. F/Z... wasn't very action-y, and yet ranked top. Not a choice I'd do, that's for sure, but what do you know, the community has spoken!

And... yeah, I guess that's all for my comments, lol. Once again, thanks to the people organizing it. It's a cool thing to look forward to every year and then compare a bit of other people's taste with mine. And it even helps raising awareness to some shows!
Old 2013-01-18, 08:11   Link #132
scineram

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
[*]Aquarion Evol ED1 ("Yunoha no Mori" by Yui Ogura) — 4pts / 3 votes (4%)
ED1 was Gekkou Symphonia!
scineram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-18, 08:38   Link #133
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

For the record, nobody has to worry about the wrong OP or ED being picked since I pretty much end up cross checking everything as part of the process. That is a rather bizaare error though...
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-18, 12:15   Link #134
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Will the day ever come for Sakata Gintoki to win the best male lead award?

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-19, 03:38   Link #135
Blaat

Nope, Gintama only has a niche following on this forum. ;\
Old 2013-01-20, 06:24   Link #136
Kudryavka

Why not poll?
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-20, 10:44   Link #137
Fahd
* >/dev/null

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudryavka View Post
Why not poll?
Assuming you meant: create a poll to find out how popular Gintama is on Animesuki... I'm not too sure the mods would appreciate a popularity poll; see the "no trivial polls" bullet point
Fahd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-20, 10:49   Link #138
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

I think Kudryavka meant why not have polls for the nomination phase as opposed to posting.

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-20, 10:49   Link #139
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fahd View Post
Assuming you meant: create a poll to find out how popular Gintama is on Animesuki... I'm not too sure the mods would appreciate a popularity poll; see the "no trivial polls" bullet point
Oh, I see.
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-20, 11:11   Link #140
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUAHAHAHAHAHA View Post
I think Kudryavka meant why not have polls for the nomination phase as opposed to posting.
Too many choices even for one category (polls created by members are limited to 10 options), and we would have to create too many poll threads too. If we hosted it offsite we wouldn't be able to determine the votes are from members on this site.

Tags
choice awards