AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-03-27, 09:19   Link #61
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Those black pajama clad ninja's are real though?
Absolutely not. Depictions of Ninja as being like that are a fantasy manufactured by popular art and literature of the Tokugawa era. Those have basically no basis on what historical ninja from the Sengoku period. And such Ninja school most CERTAINLY didn't exist during the transition between the Tokugawa Shogunate and the Meiji government.

So no. The idea that Super Berserkers are too silly and a-historical for Total War is nonsense.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-27, 10:36   Link #62
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Information from the San Franciso Event held Yesterday

Quote:
1. Flaming pigs are confirmed!

2. Armies on the campaign map can be set to certain stances. For example, an army set to forced march will be able to go further, but the various drawbacks include a vulnerability to ambush. Other stances include the ambush stance, and there was another that I can't recall.

3. Someone asked about city-view, and they said that if there was enough demand they would put it in. Mike Simpson mentioned that he personally wouldn't use such a mode, but if enough of the player base wanted it then it was doable.

4. I asked about sea-regions. They explained that yes, the sea will be divided into several regions, and that a navy in a particular region will have dominance over that region. However, it was mentioned that a zone of control effect would still be in play in some ways, such as raiding trade routes. Like armies, navies can be placed in certain stances (raid, patrol/defend, etc). I think this will make more sense as we get more previews and some campaign map footage.

5. They reiterated the previous info about line-of-sight and scouting. Craig made a point to say that heavy infantry are bad for scouting, not that he was speaking from experience or anything.

6. The end game depends on how you have decided to play throughout the campaign. If you are wary and appease contending families/nobility/etc within your faction, your end game will be different than if you choose to defy all of them. For Rome, you could choose to either defend the Republic and the Senate, or challenge the other families and the Senate yourself. It was also noted that other factions would have similar, yet unique iterations of this idea.

7. The four seasons will be in the game, even though it is one turn per year. How exactly this will be implemented is still up for debate. Battlefields will 100% have different seasons. I think this will be elaborated on later.

8. It seems as though there will be a blood pack similar to Shogun 2, due to the ratings issues, but I don't believe anything was confirmed yet.

9. I asked about Armenia and Pontus as possible dlc candidates, and mentioned that "The Poison King" DLC pack would be a catchy title. Unfortunately there is not answer to this just yet. I also asked if Armenian legionnaires would be making a reappearance, but this was not confirmed either.

10. The CPU/GPU usage will be more efficient to a degree on the low end, but on the high end things will be pretty similar to Shogun 2 in terms of CPU/GPU usage. I'm not that much of a technically minded guy so perhaps someone else can explain that better than I can.

11. You will be able to see your cities grow more progressively on the campaign map. As you build individual buildings, you will be able to see them appear on the campaign map.

12. The map for the Battle of Teutoburg Forest will be available on the campaign map if you are fighting a battle on that particular tile.

13. The game looks GREAT! I'm sure animations will be made more smooth as we get closer to the release date. It was great to see the Roman soldiers raising their shields to block arrows.

14. The Eastern edge of the map MAY extend farther than Bactria. Perhaps I misunderstood but they said that the Eastern edge of the map has not been revealed yet.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-28, 00:24   Link #63
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Too bad DM won't come back for this...or so he says.

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-28, 02:19   Link #64
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

So wait, any release dates yet? Because if that San Francisco event tells anything. That it's possibly being released soon.
Old 2013-03-29, 21:20   Link #65
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/03/29/gd...-100-factions/

117 factions!
500+ units! 5x as many units as the original RTW had!
183 map regions! Double the amount Shogun 2 had!

Old 2013-03-29, 21:29   Link #66
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by barcode120x View Post
http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/03/29/gd...-100-factions/

117 factions!
500+ units! 5x as many units as the original RTW had!
183 map regions! Double the amount Shogun 2 had!
Interesting....but

> 117 factions but I guess only half will actually reach 250 B.C.
> It's pretty hard to choose which to which...
> RTR has 200...

My fears for RTW 2.

> the game size..

Quote:
40gig download! Confirmed!
> the long turns.. imagine 117?! LOL
Quote:
100 factions, eh? Enjoy waiting about an hour when you press end turn.
Still optimistic though..

My hopes

> Client state function and not the protectorate.. it's stupid...
> no crazy conquest for AIs like Germans in Bactria...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-29, 21:33   Link #67
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

117 factions in total.

I highly doubt we'll see more than a couple dozen.

Remember that rebel factions no longer exist so whenever an area rebelled a brand new faction could appear.

That and from what I see we have civil wars which means the Roman Faction can splinter into several.

In any event this is one of the biggest and longest TW games so far (300 turns)
Old 2013-03-29, 21:37   Link #68
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

There's absolutely no way they can stick 117 factions in this game. Not only would it take YEARS for one turn to pass *unless they pass turns instantly when you can't see your enemy*. Or the fact that my computer will explode trying to load them all up. Is Creative Assembly celebrating Master Chief with this number?
Old 2013-03-29, 21:42   Link #69
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Or the fact that my computer will explode trying to load them all up.
Don't remind me... CTD every turns
Old 2013-03-29, 22:49   Link #70
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Quote:
There's absolutely no way they can stick 117 factions in this game. Not only would it take YEARS for one turn to pass *unless they pass turns instantly when you can't see your enemy*. Or the fact that my computer will explode trying to load them all up. Is Creative Assembly celebrating Master Chief with this number?
I'm sure they'll tune up the turn system...hopefully. For some reason whenever I was late in the game for Shogun 2, it took forever to load each turn.

Old 2013-03-29, 22:58   Link #71
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcode120x View Post
I'm sure they'll tune up the turn system...hopefully. For some reason whenever I was late in the game for Shogun 2, it took forever to load each turn.
That's because of the individual AIs. Another thing is bugs.. I hope we don't see bugs...
Old 2013-03-30, 00:12   Link #72
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Quote:
Well like I said I'm pretty sure there won't be that many factions at one time.

However they've made some big changes.

Armies can only be led by Generals now meaning no more hundreds of one stack armies (which the AI was notorious for) running around the map.

Ships are grouped into fleets and the ocean is now divided into sea regions which should also reduce the the numbers as well.

These were one of the main reasons that resulted in a major slow down later on in the game where the AI refused to combine the troops into one major army.
Old 2013-03-30, 04:30   Link #73
NoemiChan
Banned

Again speculating what would the remaining factions will represent other than the usual factions

I guess we will not have a combine Greek faction.. we could have separate ones like Sparta, Athens and Corinth.

We could have the Illyrians, Galatians, Jews?

By the way.. the Three Romans are back right... that's disappointing.. we know how much they're fast in conquering the world.. I hope they actually follow a "timeline" for their conquest like...

> Rome can't be fully master of Italy until 220 B.C which also includes its attack on Iberia.
> Africa cannot be conquered/invaded before 150 B.C.
> Western Asia cannot be conquered/invaded before 130 B.C.
> Gaul, Germania and Britain cannot be conquered/invaded before 60 B.C. which probably includes invasion into Eastern factions like Pontus and Egypt..

Last edited by NoemiChan; 2013-03-30 at 04:48.
Old 2013-03-30, 05:24   Link #74
Hoaviet

They said there will be 117 factions in total

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/03/29/gd...r-100-factions

Last edited by Hoaviet; 2013-03-30 at 05:36.
Hoaviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 06:52   Link #75
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

I'm guessing it's not 117 UNIQUE factions. There's probably gonna be allot of overlap amongst them.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 09:55   Link #76
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
By the way.. the Three Romans are back right... that's disappointing.. we know how much they're fast in conquering the world.. I hope they actually follow a "timeline" for their conquest like...
Wait where did you get this information?

Each of the 8 playable factions have 3 traits represented by 3 families. As the game progresses you have to balance which family you want to support because eventually you'll have to throw your weight behind one of them. This will result in a civil war where the Roman Faction will splinter into 2-3 groups.

I don't see what the issue is with this one.

The other factions will have the same as they are all represented by 3 traits to choose from.

Quote:
I'm guessing it's not 117 UNIQUE factions. There's probably gonna be allot of overlap amongst them.
Because they have civil wars in the game so yeah there'll be a lot of overlapping.
Old 2013-03-30, 15:43   Link #77
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

What, we gonna have city-states? One city factions that replace rebels since they made no sense?
Old 2013-03-30, 16:40   Link #78
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Rebels have ceased to exist since Empire Total War.

So it makes little sense to have them here in RTW2 and instead have them represented as other minor factions suitable in that area.
Old 2013-03-30, 16:53   Link #79
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Wait where did you get this information?
It's on the link. We still got the Julii, Cornelii (Scipii) and *forgot the third one and its not Brutii...

Each of the 8 playable factions have 3 traits represented by 3 families. As the game progresses you have to balance which family you want to support because eventually you'll have to throw your weight behind one of them. This will result in a civil war where the Roman Faction will splinter into 2-3 groups.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
I don't see what the issue is with this one.
If would be ok if they're not hungry for land in the start of the game.

Quote:
What, we gonna have city-states? One city factions that replace rebels since they made no sense?
That's ok because Massalia is a city state prior to annexation and not some rebel state... as well as obviously the Greeks..
Old 2013-03-30, 16:59   Link #80
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
It's on the link. We still got the Julii, Cornelii (Scipii) and *forgot the third one and its not Brutii...
I still don't see where you're getting the information that we're getting 3 Roman factions in the same manner as RTW.

Some factions are split into a number of playable families, which bring further unique benefits to their base faction traits.

Players will need to work with – and in certain circumstances against – their faction’s internal political system. You’ll direct the actions of famous characters from history, and if they’re not out in the field commanding your armies, they’ll be politicking in the senate house, or its cultural equivalent. Players would be wise to keep an eye on such individuals…

The 3 families is an internal system where you play against each other. So you won't see the actual 3 factions until the civil war erupts if it does.

CA already explained this. If you want to weaken your rival family in the Senate, you promote one of their own to general to lead armies but risk him going AWOL. So you'll be playing all three families together.