AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Tales of... > Tales of the Abyss (Archive)

Notices

Old 2008-11-02, 10:34   Link #1021
Scarlett_Rain55

The action is going downhill! It ends so quickly...
Scarlett_Rain55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-02, 10:41   Link #1022
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett_Rain55 View Post
This just like what happened with Nabari no Ou --- people only complain that there isn't enough action.

Seriously people, it sounds like most of you just want action and no character development or anything. I know there isn't that much action, though just because there is action all the time in the game doesn't mean it'll be the same here.
Old 2008-11-02, 11:54   Link #1023
Darkurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett_Rain55 View Post
If you want the action, play the game.
Darkurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-02, 12:57   Link #1024
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkurai View Post
If you want the action, play the game.
Couldn't said it better myself.
Old 2008-11-02, 15:00   Link #1025
Scarlett_Rain55

I've already played the game, but the fights in the anime are so quick! I hope the final battle isn't like a minute...>_<
Scarlett_Rain55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-02, 15:58   Link #1026
yolin.shana

Well, those fights we got until now were all pretty unimportant...
I'm sure a real boss will take more time =3
yolin.shana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-02, 16:00   Link #1027
vspirit
...huh?

It's 26 episodes (or so I heard), with a lot of storytelling and character development to go over still. It's understandable that fight scenes are glossed over. This is the problem with game-to-anime adaptations usually, because the makers are given very confining limits to work within, unlike certain JUMP manga turned anime...which action sequences drag for 10 episodes or more making the whole series seem to have 1,000,000 episodes in total. If you find this unsatisfying, playing the game is your next option. Come to think of it, this anime will probably revive game sales. Maybe.

I don't mind so much about the mandatory boss fights but I really do hope that the fights that are directly relevant to the story itself like:
Spoiler for future episodes, tho I'm sure you're able to see this coming either way:
are given decent screen time.

And, I can't wait to hear this song in the anime:
Spoiler for general - could be small, could be big, depending on whether or not you're the kind who likes to experience every little thing as they occur:

Last edited by vspirit; 2008-11-02 at 16:48.
vspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-02, 16:37   Link #1028
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post
I'm voting for making the Jade and Tear social group.
I gonna create it. I just want to know if the people want a club just dedicated to those two, or to the tales of the Abyss characters in general???
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-02, 17:07   Link #1029
kujoe
from head to heel

While some are more liked than others, there are still a lot of likeable characters and everyone has their favorites. You might as well have a general group of sorts.

Or better yet, just post here... just so we can get the rate of new posts up.

As for the action scenes, I don't have a problem with them, but I do hope the anime will not gloss over significant ones in the future. Those fights should be focused on for a reason, and not just for entertainment value. But yes, I'm also kind of feeling that the pace of the story so far is a bit too fast.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-02, 17:14   Link #1030
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
While some are more liked than others, there are still a lot of likeable characters and everyone has their favorites. You might as well have a general group of sorts.

Or better yet, just post here... just so we can get the rate of new posts up.
A fan club can be useful in some ways =p

I can put a link to this thread (even if the bbcode doesn't work) in the group description.

And also, to collect nice pictures via the albums.

I would have not asked that question if I could be able to edit the Groups Titles, but once it's created, you can't modify the Title, but just the description v___v
Old 2008-11-02, 17:19   Link #1031
kujoe
from head to heel

Ah, ok.

So what's the group called? Will its main purpose be the submission of fanart?
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-02, 17:34   Link #1032
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
Ah, ok.

So what's the group called?
That's a good question Mister. I tend to like funny titles, but maybe the other people don't like that. Any idea?

Quote:
Will its main purpose be the submission of fanart?
- To get a list of the Tales of the Abyss fans on AS.
- To submit/add fanarts/images/screenshots/artworks/funny pictures. So every members could go there and see all the pictures easily.
- To talk about the pictures and how awesome are some characters, without spamming this thread with idiotic (but funny) messages since funny spams are not really allowed in this thread.
Old 2008-11-02, 17:36   Link #1033
NoLongerSane

I just finish watching the episode and the preview that goes to the next one. I am glad that they flesh out Natalia a bit and manage to include the spider. I do not mind that the fights have been short, but hopefully down the line some of the other fights get a bit fleshed out with the importance of the antagonist the group is facing. From what I got from next week's preview, we might be seeing two fights with certain God-Generals. It looks like the writers are combining some scenes in the game together to speed up the pace, which I do not mind since the base story line is long in itself.
Spoiler for Upcoming fight:
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-02, 18:03   Link #1034
neoeagle

curtis

is the type of character i love in anime.Shadow king type, these guys stay in the shadows and pull the strings.See how he recommanded Luke to choose the way, he just showed him what kind of loser he is ( Mr. I am in charge).
neoeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-02, 18:11   Link #1035
Starks
I see what you did there!
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Starks
BTW, I'm simply in love with how Natalia is being animated and voiced.
Old 2008-11-02, 18:19   Link #1036
Starks
I see what you did there!
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Starks
Also, is anyone else facepalming at how poorly the concept of travelling by foot has carried over from the game?
Old 2008-11-02, 18:30   Link #1037
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starks View Post
Also, is anyone else facepalming at how poorly the concept of travelling by foot has carried over from the game?
I don't really see how they can deal with that though. I guess it would annoy a game player, so i can't blame you.

It's mainly because of all the walking this episode that made it feel so slow compared to the super fast paced past five episodes. I've got no complaints about it, because i think it's about time they slowed down a bit.

Must admit i wish i didn't know about Asch, because that would have been quite the amazing plot twist coming into that scene and not having a clue about it.

Been a while since we've see adorable Tear, so a welcome back for that. I've liked Natalia since she first appeared, though it was nice to finally have a bit more time focused on her in this episode. She's so lovely.

Also i lol'd so much at Koyasu's laugh in this episode. I've said it once, i've said it ten times --- he is perfect for Jade.
Old 2008-11-02, 18:43   Link #1038
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Also i lol'd so much at Koyasu's laugh in this episode. I've said it once, i've said it ten times --- he is perfect for Jade.
Yep, Yep. I am really looking forward to seeing the scenes where does his famous Jade cynical sarcasm and humor lines.
Old 2008-11-02, 23:17   Link #1039
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose-wisteria View Post
Sometimes, I wish I'm watching this with no knowledge of the game because it'll be easier to join in discussions like that. Still, like you, it'll be nice to compare differences. So far, not many noticeable ones I must say.

I second that. I'll join that religion for Jade.

For me, it's Tear and Anise. I always like Natalia. I really dislike Tear's English VA so hearing Yukana as Tear is so refreshing. I love Tear a lot more now. As for Anise, the seiryuu must be doing something like because it's from dislike to like now.
Which is why this anime really needs a subforum, a thread to discuss the adaptation and whether the transition was carried out well, or how scenes changed, and gives people who have played the game more room to to discuss freely without spoiling the people who haven't played the game. The discussion would not fit into the game thread as it would pertain to the anime as well. Tales of the Abyss has a lot more potential for interesting discussions on the plot as well as each of the party characters as they undergo quite a bit of development throughout the course of the story. More so then Kannagi in my opinion.

I loved how they went into the contamination sidequest with Jade's spear. I was hoping they would keep that in.

Yay another Natalia fan! To be fair though, Tear's voice was not that bad in english, the acting was good, just that her voice sounded a bit too old, especially considering she is like the youngest next to Anise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
I gonna create it. I just want to know if the people want a club just dedicated to those two, or to the tales of the Abyss characters in general???
Jade deserves an entire social club to himself, his awesomeness cannot be contained in a group that is shared by other characters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering_Youth View Post
Yep, Yep. I am really looking forward to seeing the scenes where does his famous Jade cynical sarcasm and humor lines.
I am looking forward to seeing his, as well as the other character's, development. What I like about Jade's character is that while he comes off as somewhat flippant and cynical his sarcastic comments really cut to the core of the matter at hand.
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-03, 00:30   Link #1040
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Ep6:

Tags
fantasy