Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2007-06-28, 18:00   Link #101
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet View Post
Anime I admire? That's easy. Shoujo Kakumei Utena, Tenkuu no Escaflowne, Ghost in the Shell, RahXephon, to name a few. And the point of this is?
Although I love all of the anime series you mentioned, unless you meant SAC with GitS, I don't see what places them above the others in terms of "nuanced" character interaction... specially RahXephon, Utena and Escaflowne... or the heavily expository Oshii GitS movie for that matter.
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-28, 19:33   Link #102
DanielSong39

Personally I think the best place to look for Tsundere is in TV dramas; half the plots deal with the initially reluctant girl that is won over by the persistant guy. But one minus (for some) is that most of the stories deal with adults; you won't find many starring high school-age characters.

As for anime, you might also want to check out two of the archetypes; Madoka (Kimagure Orange Road) and Kyoko (Maison Ikkoku). They qualify as tsundere but are really well-developed characters.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-29, 20:32   Link #103
Furuno
Fuwaaa~~~
*IT Support

Send a message via Yahoo to Furuno
Why i started to like tsundere type character? oh well, here's my fav :

Shana - Shakugan no Shana --> Melonpan eating mode vs Battle mode is ... aww XD...
Louise - Zero no Tsukaima
Sawachika Eri - School Rumble --> Pretty interesting in the recent manga...
Tonami Yuna - ToHeart 2

Check my Blog / Thread / Twitter for some random stuffs...
Furuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-30, 10:30   Link #104
-Breakthrough-

Takako - OtoBoku -> Tsundere falling for the ultimate trap thinking of it as Yuri -> cute
Louise - Zero no Tsukaima
Shana - Shakugan no Shana -> Urusai! Urusai! Urusai! lol
-Breakthrough- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-02, 22:23   Link #105
Sugar_Prayer
The Awesome One

Best Tsundere?

I like Asuna from Negima, but what Tsundere is your favorite?
Sugar_Prayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-02, 22:37   Link #106
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

Definitely Sheryl Nome from MacF.
And Dorothy from Akazukin Cha Cha takes second place.
Old 2009-07-02, 22:52   Link #107
Yotsuba
芸術は爆発だ!

Taiga from ToraDora!

Tsunderes usually piss me off. (odd considering I've been called one before..)

But Taiga doesn't. Her character is just plain badass. And her reasoning for her bitchy personality doesn't seem convoluted in any way.

Plus I really feel for her whole "flat chested" complex.
Yotsuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-02, 23:51   Link #108
GreatTeacherKen

Kagami from Lucky Star is my favorite. She's a lot more toned down compared to other famous tsunderes, but she's a wonderful counterpart to Konata and their conversations are always funny.

Plus, she's so moe when she acts dere-dere.
GreatTeacherKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-03, 01:52   Link #109
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatTeacherKen View Post
Kagami from Lucky Star is my favorite. She's a lot more toned down compared to other famous tsunderes, but she's a wonderful counterpart to Konata and their conversations are always funny.

Plus, she's so moe when she acts dere-dere.
I agree since she's one of my favorite tsundere, but be aware that some elitists will deny that she is tsundere at all. Apparently there needs to be romance for dere...or something ridiculous.

As for mine, it would have to be a tie between Asuka and Louise.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-05, 20:53   Link #110
Sugar_Prayer
The Awesome One

Yeah, Louise is pretty dang awesome!

And, would you guys consider Rin from Kodomo no Jikan to be a Tsundere?

If so, then she's definitely one of my favorites
Sugar_Prayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 01:47   Link #111
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
I agree since she's one of my favorite tsundere, but be aware that some elitists will deny that she is tsundere at all. Apparently there needs to be romance for dere...or something ridiculous.
Ah but don't forget about her goldfish
Old 2009-07-06, 02:01   Link #112
FateAnomaly

The thing about tsundere is that a lot of them are very unreasonable. Kagami is one of the exception.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 02:20   Link #113
Throne Invader
Protecting the Throne

Rei Hino - One of the best examples of the classic tsunderes. Despite being a tsundere she ddin't come off too cold (despite being the Sailor of fire ) She at least showed balance of her emotions.

It's time to start letting her make her own decisions. - Mom's dermatologist~
Throne Invader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 03:22   Link #114
Velsy

I read thu this topic and found no mention of Alicia from Valkyria Chronicles, which I see as a good thing, because recently I guess I got into some words on another part of the forum about discussing that Alicia was not what I would call Tsundere.

Her only hostile actions is backed up on the cause shes a captain in the town guard who treats welkin with hostility of being a suspected spy against her nation and she detains him under arrest (like a law-enforcement officer who detains a suspected criminal), and the other is when she tries to defend the reputation of her squad from a paperatize/media (spelling lol). I didnt beleive those actions made her to be consided a Tsundere person.

I've seen a huge list of people nominated in this thread who are indeed what I would consider tsundere . So it makes sense reading here

if anyone would like to comment on this ? please do

as for the best/funniest Tsundere, mmmm maybe Taiga(Toradora) or Kyou(clannad) --those book attacks are lethal when they hit!

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 07:41   Link #115
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Speaking on tsunderes.

In my first year of college I met a real life tsundere. When I mean tsundere I mean tsundere, like Asuka style tsundere, like hardcore angry pissy bitchy all the time, and do little things like buy you a cute t-shirt.

Tsunderes don't usually bother me in anime, BUT MY GOD THEY ARE FUCKING ANNOYING IN REAL LIFE!

Unlike Anime where some tsundere can make a really heart-bleeding comment about the main character and we all just turn chibi and laugh it off, this shit doesn't happen in real life. Instead we get into a true bloody argument, and everyone is hurt in the end.

I just felt like venting this off, because tsundere's have since been bugging the living shit out of me.
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-20, 18:58   Link #116
Fate21
Kiyu~

Tsundere is cute, they're just too embarassed to express their feelings properly XD
Tsundere in real life WOW, maybe it really is annoying..
Fate21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 00:11   Link #117
Shadow Kira01

I don't like tsunderes but it appears that tsunderes is rather popular nowadays. They are all over the places, especially in animes and games (RPGs/visual novels). I guess I will just have to get used to it as that the fad isn't going to die down anytime soon. In fact, it will only become more popular as that there are more girls who like being tsunderes. At least half of the female main characters per season are tsunderes. Oh well..
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 09:14   Link #118
wjr
JiRo
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to wjr
Tsundere are my favs type of Girl (Imagine a guy doing wat Tsundere does XD *faints*)

My Favourite Tsundere Ranked Down- Asa Shigure ~ Shuffle!
Kyou Fujibayashi ~ Clannad
Kagami ~ Lucky Star
wjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 21:40   Link #119
ando

"Seven Tsundere" http://www.dears.co.jp/cm76/7tsundere.html

To be sold at Comiket 76.

Apparently it's a respect for Seven Samurai of Akira Kurosawa. I must get it at Comiket 76.
Old 2009-07-22, 00:40   Link #120
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yotsuba View Post
Taiga from ToraDora!

Tsunderes usually piss me off. (odd considering I've been called one before..)

But Taiga doesn't. Her character is just plain badass. And her reasoning for her bitchy personality doesn't seem convoluted in any way.

Plus I really feel for her whole "flat chested" complex.
Yeah, Taiga is one of the few tsunderes I really like. I think it's because while she has a tendency to overreact to being provoked, it's not like many characters where the girl acts "OMG I'M SHOCKED!" or something. Taiga is more like "I don't like you. Why don't you go play hide and go $#%^ yourself?", which for some reason I find far more endearing.

It's hard for me to say what I think of the tsundere archetype overall. It's not a strong moe point for me - I might as well be open about it and say that I dig shy girls. On the other hand, I'm more than willing to admit that a properly written tsundere presents opportunities for entertaining antics and drama that more reserved characters do not. I also think that a great many tsundere are extremely two bit and annoying - but the exceptions seem to have a rather high chance of making it all the way to my favourites list.

My personal favourite tsundere?

...I'm not going to say Horo because I don't want to start a debate over whether she qualifies.

Horo aside, I'd have to say Tsugumi Komachi from the visual novel Ever 17. Yeah, she starts out as an absolutely frigid bitch whose actions occassionally made me want to throttle her (well, spank actually, but that's because I played the game around when Kanokon was airing. And yes, I do realized that had the game actually had that option, it might constitute the trigger for a bad end...). But the writers actually managed to pull off a "tragic past" plot that wasn't painfully bad, she had a nice character design - always felt the all black look made her look imposing - and her fits of borderline madness were quite frankly unforgettable. Plus, I know that the satisfaction of getting through to the dere-dere side is probably intended to be half the fun of a game's tsundere route... but I was pretty much going "$#%^ yeah!" when I got to Tsugumi's.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tsundere