AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-03-02, 21:49   Link #81
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Nanoha wasn't emo in the 1st movie; I can think of maybe one scene. Was she lying around and moping the whole movie? Nope, she might have some inner thought, but most of their time was spent kicking ass and befriending as usual.

At this rate we might as well have said Fate was emo...

Anyhow, yea. A's is mostly Hayate's story. Interesting how she's not really the center of any of the seasons... well I kinda consider StrikerS to be mainly about Nanoha, despite the new people.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-02, 21:52   Link #82
Yasanagi
A Drifter...
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Yasanagi
Emo Fate, huh? Does that mean Nana Mizuki would have to try and cover Linkin Park songs in order to portray the angst?

CRAAAAAAAWWWWWWLLLLLLLIIINNNNNNGGGGGG IINNNNN MMMMAAAAHHHH SKKKIIINNNN!!!
THESE WOUNDS, THEY WILL NOT HEALLLLLL!!

Thanks to 00-Raiser for hooking me up with the sig!
Yasanagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-02, 22:06   Link #83
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Anyhow, yea. A's is mostly Hayate's story. Interesting how she's not really the center of any of the seasons... well I kinda consider StrikerS to be mainly about Nanoha, despite the new people.
Now that you mention it, it will be nice if we get to see some of Hayate's past(probably meeting her parents even if it's in the classic "shadowed face" fashion), or learning more about Graham's method for choosing her as the next master or more info about the past case of the Book of Darkness(an OVA about that portraying Clyde Harlown as the main character would be awesome xD). The Book of Darkness case and the people involved in that have so much background that was poorly exploited as of today, hope that Tsuzuki takes the opportunity to do something interesting with the A's MOVIE and, if chances are good, the MOVIE 2nd manga.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-02, 22:22   Link #84
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasanagi View Post
Emo Fate, huh? Does that mean Nana Mizuki would have to try and cover Linkin Park songs in order to portray the angst?

CRAAAAAAAWWWWWWLLLLLLLIIINNNNNNGGGGGG IINNNNN MMMMAAAAHHHH SKKKIIINNNN!!!
THESE WOUNDS, THEY WILL NOT HEALLLLLL!!
lol, hopefully not. You may die from the laughter.

In the Nanohaverse, emo is a disease treated by two cups of befriending (or beam spam attack) Or both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Now that you mention it, it will be nice if we get to see some of Hayate's past(probably meeting her parents even if it's in the classic "shadowed face" fashion), or learning more about Graham's method for choosing her as the next master or more info about the past case of the Book of Darkness(an OVA about that portraying Clyde Harlown as the main character would be awesome xD). The Book of Darkness case and the people involved in that have so much background that was poorly exploited as of today, hope that Tsuzuki takes the opportunity to do something interesting with the A's MOVIE and, if chances are good, the MOVIE 2nd manga.
Yea, that would be a good idea. If they really want to advertise this as some kind of alternate retelling, then they need to put in stuff we haven't seen before. The time constraints prevent them from duplicating A's somewhat more complex plot and I wouldn't want a copy this time.

Of course, I have a bit less expectations on this. While the 1st season had a need for some cutting of some undesirable elements (namely, the boring or fanservicy stuff), I don't really have a need to "fix" A's; besides my earlier complaints and some other gripes with the series

I guess Grahmn is the exception. I didn't like what they did with his character.

They could use Nanoha vs Signum, and more of Fate vs Vita for variety though.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-03-02, 22:24   Link #85
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

If the A's movie is supposed to be a continuation of the first season movie...Then I don't see them changing too much with it, aside from condensing it quite a bit.
Old 2011-03-03, 04:21   Link #86
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I do see them change quite a bit, mostly because A's as it is has too many essential scenes to incorporate into the movie. Where S1 had a lot of episodes that could be deleted without much huff (most of the jewel seed/Takamachi family centric episodes for example) A's has only a handful of school scenes.

I would imagine the fights will be cut a lot shorter. Perhaps they'll change the Graham plot too, you could remove that altogether and still have the core plot running with only minor tweaks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Hayate and the Wolkies DESERVE to have this movie, it will be the reward for the signum crucis they're enduring in FORCE xDU
At least Signum had a decent fight. One-sided, but decent. Hayate got stabbed before she could even get a hit in.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-03, 04:58   Link #87
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

That's all part of condensing. What I don't expect are many new scenes (new, not only improved), if any.
Old 2011-03-03, 05:05   Link #88
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

There's a reason I don't even touch the FORCE Manga. Hell I'm enjoying Vivid for reasons I don't even understand, but FORCE feels like bad fanfiction.

Anyway back on topic, considering that 1st felt like an extended exposition of content we didn't really see in the first series, I expect A's to center more on scenes that were touched upon in S2 but not really explored a lot. So yeah, I expect Hayate and Wolkenritter backstory.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-03, 11:53   Link #89
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Anyway back on topic, considering that 1st felt like an extended exposition of content we didn't really see in the first series, I expect A's to center more on scenes that were touched upon in S2 but not really explored a lot. So yeah, I expect Hayate and Wolkenritter backstory.
Probably they expand on the Sound Stage where the Book of Darkness tells to Hayate about the Wolkenritter's past, at least is a far more plausible option than expand on the "onsen" Sound Stage xDU.

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-03-03, 11:56   Link #90
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
At this rate we might as well have said Fate was emo...
She was emo. Right down to the sad eyes, dark attire and self abuse. In her defense though, Fate had a damn good reason. I don't expect any kid of Fate's age to be in perfect mental condition when their own mother whips them.

Quote:
With Vivio StrikerS actually had a Nanoha plot, but even then StrikerS was shared between her and Subaru.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
If the A's movie is supposed to be a continuation of the first season movie...Then I don't see them changing too much with it, aside from condensing it quite a bit.
I know what you're saying, but I didn't expect any for the first movie either and after being surprised there I'm not quite ready to jump to the same conclusion again.
Old 2011-03-03, 17:11   Link #91
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
She was emo. Right down to the sad eyes, dark attire and self abuse. In her defense though, Fate had a damn good reason. I don't expect any kid of Fate's age to be in perfect mental condition when their own mother whips them.
Oh, well usually my definition of emo is usually some whiny brat that doesn't know how well off they are posting on their blog about how much their life sucks. Basically unwarranted drama queen theatrics. Wait, Fate was self abusing? Did she slit her wrists or something when I was not looking?

Well, I guess her somewhat suicidal attempts to get the seeds could count.

Depression and such, being actual mental conditions, I wouldn't count as emo.

Basically I feel only mentally healthy people could be emo.

You can argue that the show and movie were too blatant, but I never really saw subtlety to be something the Nanoha franchise has.

Quote:
With Vivio StrikerS actually had a Nanoha plot, but even then StrikerS was shared between her and Subaru.
Yea, I guess. But she has a good chunk to herself, so that's a good thing as her character gets involved. The results to her character were pretty fruitful in a few cases.

Quote:
I know what you're saying, but I didn't expect any for the first movie either and after being surprised there I'm not quite ready to jump to the same conclusion again.
I really do want something different. I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants something to steer the story into a whole new territory. While I greatly enjoyed Movie 1st, I know that some people legitimately do not want to retread the same ground again. A's was very good, but hey, we need to move to the future and bring those same great ideas with it.

Fresh air is always nice.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-03-03, 17:29   Link #92
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
Yeah we need adventures in rescuing people with subaru and teana versus the mafia and the young mage slave trade (which might not be canon, but almost has to be)

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-03, 17:44   Link #93
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Oh, well usually my definition of emo is usually some whiny brat that doesn't know how well off they are posting on their blog about how much their life sucks. Basically unwarranted drama queen theatrics. Wait, Fate was self abusing? Did she slit her wrists or something when I was not looking?

Well, I guess her somewhat suicidal attempts to get the seeds could count.

Depression and such, being actual mental conditions, I wouldn't count as emo.

Basically I feel only mentally healthy people could be emo.

You can argue that the show and movie were too blatant, but I never really saw subtlety to be something the Nanoha franchise has.
*chuckle* No, by that view Fate isn't emo.

Quote:
Yea, I guess. But she has a good chunk to herself, so that's a good thing as her character gets involved. The results to her character were pretty fruitful in a few cases.
StrikerS is really the best when it comes to giving Nanoha actually a personal problem and emotional obstacle to overcome. Both other seasons were more Nanoha helping other characters overcome theirs, even S1 was pretty empty in regards to Nanoha's development.

Quote:
I really do want something different. I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants something to steer the story into a whole new territory. While I greatly enjoyed Movie 1st, I know that some people legitimately do not want to retread the same ground again. A's was very good, but hey, we need to move to the future and bring those same great ideas with it.

Fresh air is always nice.
I still say we need a Battle of Aces movie. Reinforce and the Materials deserve it.
Old 2011-03-09, 01:59   Link #94
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

You know, I have a bad feeling that Hayate may kick the bucket this time as a twist. The writers haven't been very fond of her for quite a while... :X

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-03-09, 02:02   Link #95
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Probably, but i still wants to be foolishly optimistic and believe in this movie as the reward for all the mistreatement the Yagami family has endured since the beginning of the 4th season.

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-03-09, 07:46   Link #96
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

You mean 3rd season, right?

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-03-09, 11:47   Link #97
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
You mean 3rd season, right?
Oh yeah, 3rd season, i meant 3rd season xD!

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-03-09, 17:08   Link #98
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Yea, honestly, denying her screentime and making her look bad as a leader doesn't really help. I never really saw Hayate as suited to be a leader either (section 9 leader she is not!); just because you have the power doesn't really mean you need to be one. She probably would have been better in a advisor/ambassador role. Chrono would have probably been better suited as a leader; I seriously doubt he would have let the headquarters get sacked. Well, I suppose he kinda just collected dust with his fleet.

I probably disliked it because it just felt they couldn't give her anything to do.

So I hope we can fix things here.

edit: Chrono too! Give him more stuff to do...

MyAnimeList || Reviews

Last edited by Archon_Wing; 2011-03-09 at 17:27.
Old 2011-03-10, 02:33   Link #99
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
I seriously doubt he would have let the headquarters get sacked.
That really wasn't Hayate's fault. There were no indications that RF6's headquarters would become a main target of Jail's attack, everything from the Bureau analysis to the prophecy pointed to the headquarters being the main target, and even then she left behind Zafira and Shamal, two mages who are far above regular mages in terms of guards.

It's easy to blame Hayate in hindsight, but hindsight is 20/20.
Old 2011-03-10, 03:12   Link #100
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Well, I guess you have a point there. I was just so disappointed in Hayate's overall performance in StrikerS, that she just seems to always look bad. It'd be nicer to see her have success against credible opponents (not mooks) a bit more. It just doesn't seem to match what she's supposed to be on paper.

The response to me, is still a bit poor for a inter-dimensional army that is aware a certain planet has a psychotic and dangerous criminal running around. Now, Mr. Corrupt admiral had some part in this, but still...

On the other hand, I think the best part about A's is how well the TSAB handled the situation-- they were really prepared for the operation.

MyAnimeList || Reviews

Last edited by Archon_Wing; 2011-03-10 at 03:27.