AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Boku wa Tomodachi...

Notices

View Poll Results: Boku wa Tomodachi... - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 20 24.39%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 26 31.71%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 14.63%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 18.29%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 6.10%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.22%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 3.66%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-12-15, 21:27   Link #21
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST

Definitely gonna need a Season 2 here...
Old 2011-12-15, 21:38   Link #22
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Who else has a feeling the last ep is going to be a joke/filler ep?

The preview was a fail.
Old 2011-12-15, 21:40   Link #23
U<3Anime
Boo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ion475 View Post
My critique of the last scene is same as most people - it just lack that certain warm-heart feeling. Okay, I read the LN so I already know the story long time ago, but the emotion is just not there. Literally spoiling the relation b/t Yozora and Kodaka doesn't help, either (I mean, even non-LN readers can infer the "secret" without much efforts...)
Yea, it just couldn't invoke any emotion out of it me either. Think the illustration from the novel spoiled me and the anime counter-part just wasn't up to par.

Beautiful isn't it? And I think the description from the novel does wonders too

The instant that name flew out of my mouth as if it were only natural, Yozora stopped walking to her desk at once and looked at me.

And I saw it. In those eyes filled with tears, there was affection, longing, sadness, anger, hatred, joy, and hesitation. Amidst that overwhelming flurry of emotions, a smile rose to her face as she said to me,

"――――It's been a long time, Taka."

Really conveys all the feelings Yozora had stored up for a long time.

Courtesy to baka-tsuki for the translations. =)
Old 2011-12-15, 21:43   Link #24
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Lol then how are you guys going to translate that scene into the anime? What works in written format can completely fail when you add a visual and time-based element to it.
Old 2011-12-15, 21:50   Link #25
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
^ Needed build-up, not a dry infodump like the next shounen crap
Old 2011-12-15, 22:08   Link #26
prototype_sky

Interesting Cameo or cosplayers

Old 2011-12-15, 22:12   Link #27
KyriaL
You are Reading this!

Enjoyed the little competitions between Sena and Yozora during the festival, but prizes like that xbox 360 would only be used to lure customers as they would make it pretty much impossible to achieve it in my place, don't know about Japan though.

However Oreimo cast's little appearance for the win!
Old 2011-12-15, 22:44   Link #28
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Who else has a feeling the last ep is going to be a joke/filler ep?

The preview was a fail.
The previews have always been fail. They only show like thirty seconds of the next episode and those seconds rarely explain what the majority of the episode is. Remember last week's episode preview? Or the one before that?

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Old 2011-12-15, 22:58   Link #29
weaponX
Designated facepalmer

ZOMG, a Oreimo cameo...

Does this mean we finally will get a Yozora/Kureneko standoff on who the Player Hater of the Year is?
misery no more.”
Proverbs 31: 6-7MyAnimeList
Old 2011-12-15, 23:19   Link #30
Sumeragi
Banned

The Sora-Taka meeting could have been done better.
Old 2011-12-15, 23:33   Link #31
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:
Originally Posted by U<3Anime View Post
Yea, it just couldn't invoke any emotion out of it me either. Think the illustration from the novel spoiled me and the anime counter-part just wasn't up to par.

Beautiful isn't it? And I think the description from the novel does wonders too

The instant that name flew out of my mouth as if it were only natural, Yozora stopped walking to her desk at once and looked at me.

And I saw it. In those eyes filled with tears, there was affection, longing, sadness, anger, hatred, joy, and hesitation. Amidst that overwhelming flurry of emotions, a smile rose to her face as she said to me,

"――――It's been a long time, Taka."

Really conveys all the feelings Yozora had stored up for a long time.

Courtesy to baka-tsuki for the translations. =)
Lovely !!!
I cant get enough of that expression...
Old 2011-12-15, 23:35   Link #32
Ridgester13

Exclamation characters from another anime!! (My Little Sister Cant Be This Cute)

if you stop it around 4:31, in the bottom right hand corner you can see 4 characters from the anime My Little Sister Cant Be This Cute. I literally had to stop it and do a TRIPLE take to make sure. that shot is from the episode where they go to the manga convention for the main character's little sister.
Old 2011-12-16, 00:03   Link #33
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
To me the highlight was Kodaka explaining why he does not dye his hair.

His hair marks him as a delinquent, a brand of shame, and a mark of ostracism that prevents Kodaka from making the friends he should so easily have.

Yet Kodaka will not dye it, for Kodaka is a man who loves his mama!!

Somehow, cheesy and cliche as it was, that scene just managed to hit me. Probably because Kodaka is so mellow and even keeled the rest of the time that whenever he makes a strong statement it comes off as very sincere.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Old 2011-12-16, 00:15   Link #34
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I think the emotional scenes, all of them, was done well enough for the type of story it's telling; I don't know what you all were expecting, but this isn't exactly Anohana-level-drama to begin with- any more and it's like squeezing.
Old 2011-12-16, 00:27   Link #35
Silverwyrm

For some reason whats bugging me the most is that Rika won a ps3 at the festival in the novel, but the anime changed it to a 360 O.o?

Insignificant detail but maybe its because I hate the 360 but....this bothers me more than than anything else!
Old 2011-12-16, 00:34   Link #36
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Yozora's change in hair style has been a rather big topic from the LN and I gotta admit I'll always like the long hair look but I do like the short hair look as well.
Sure she does come across as alot more tomboyish but still I guess oddly very cute.
I think it would have looked better if ever so slightly longer but thats not the point.

The episode itself I have to say I liked it, as others say not as good as previous episodes and probably weakest so far but still very enjoyable to watch as this whole series has been.

I chuckled at Kodaka's line about Rika in yutaka, reminds me of a time when I said to a girl, she ain't half bad when she cleans up, she had the same reaction, told me I should say it straight
I do agree with Kodoka tho, Rika certainly cleans up pretty damn well

The ending was rather something else, can't quite put my finger on it, if I think I really like it or think it's really weird.
I guess the change in hairstyle was a tad sudden with the then following scenes.

Onwards to the last episode!(?)
Old 2011-12-16, 00:41   Link #37
lightsenshi
Author

Oddly enough, I'm more or less content with how the series has played out.
Old 2011-12-16, 01:26   Link #38
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Not a whole to say about this episode. Very little humor in it and mostly swaps it out for drama, which was weak and didn't really leave much of an impact.

When it came to the part where Kodaka splashed all that water on Yozora I was mostly just confused. I didn't really see why she would be so upset when he was obviously trying to put out the fire in her hair.

Not a bad episode, it just doesn't have much to it aside from that ending. I guess it's about time Kodaka figured it out.~

And it's looking like the last episode will be some sort of omake considering Yozora's hair is long in it. Goddammit, leave the bonus stuff for OVA's and whatnot, keep the TV series an adaptation of the original please. It's annoying when series' do things like this.
Old 2011-12-16, 01:39   Link #39
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
And it's looking like the last episode will be some sort of omake considering Yozora's hair is long in it. Goddammit, leave the bonus stuff for OVA's and whatnot, keep the TV series an adaptation of the original please. It's annoying when series' do things like this.
Imo, what it looks like is the first episode again from Yozora's pov, her thoughts and feelings when she saw Kodaka transferring in.

I believe there was some official material in the Light Novel about this?
Old 2011-12-16, 03:19   Link #40
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

D'Aww, the loners are now a happy bunch of dysfunctional friends. Now I'm really interested in what happened in Yozora's past that made her the way she is. I wonder she seemed to react so negatively to the water being dumped on her.

I'm also a sad panda now that Yozora cut her hair.