AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-07-04, 08:10   Link #1821
Qilin
Romanticist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Here is Hakka-ya's rendering of Teru in the doujinshi Buchou Musou. I personally love this short story:

Spoiler for Saki: Miyanaga Teru-hen:
I don't usually like seeing Teru as anything other than the fearsome mahjong monster that she is, but this is much too cute.

I really don't know what to say.
Old 2012-07-04, 08:36   Link #1822
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Here is Hakka-ya's rendering of Teru in the doujinshi Buchou Musou. I personally love this short story:

Spoiler for Saki: Miyanaga Teru-hen:
That's an absolutely perfect and on-model rendering of Hisa. Totally captured both her look and personality. Well done!

As for Teru, my feelings are similar to Qilin's. I'm attached to Teru as a fearsome mahjong master for the foreseeable future, but this is rather cute and funny. I especially liked the "can't find the washroom" similarity.
Old 2012-07-04, 08:45   Link #1823
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
That's an absolutely perfect and on-model rendering of Hisa. Totally captured both her look and personality. Well done!

As for Teru, my feelings are similar to Qilin's. I'm attached to Teru as a fearsome mahjong master for the foreseeable future, but this is rather cute and funny. I especially liked the "can't find the washroom" similarity.
Tell you already... They need a map of the hall...

Fearsome mahjong master ehh... I like both Terus...(1 being the one you said, the other being on the kind side. At least it gives the impression that she is not heartless after all.)
Old 2012-07-04, 16:02   Link #1824
The Green One

Well there's a birthday idea for Nodoka to give Saki. A GPS device.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-04, 22:17   Link #1825
tarajis
El Psy Congroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarletknive View Post
Last part... Is it really true that Teru gets lost in the hall too?(Oh dear... They need a map of the hall badly...)
imagine during the finals when the Miyanaga siblings roaming around the hallways looking for the washroom... i feel sorry for people who can sense aura that they meet on their quest for a washroom... i think they should also put notice about monsters on the hallways...
tarajis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 00:11   Link #1826
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
Well there's a birthday idea for Nodoka to give Saki. A GPS device.
Saki might lose it. Instead, implant a homing device inside Saki.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 08:42   Link #1827
custardpie

So it seems like the first Achiga bluray sold around 5,500 volumes. A bit lower than the first season, but it doesn't seem too bad for a side story. The later volumes may do even better, the ones with the Teru matches.

Now, about episode 12..

- I found Kokaji-pro's analysis of the situation in episode 12 memorable. "However, people surpass your expectations", was it? Quite a statement. It was moving, almost. I wonder how powerful Kokaji is, and why she isn't dominating the pro tournaments these days. (I know that she's in her hometown team, but there must be other ways to shine in tournaments; somehow, I get the feeling that something happened in Kokaji's past to change her from the interhigh champion to a quieter pro in terms of achievements.)

- I don't dislike Kuro or anything, but the fact that Kuro of all people ronned Teru for the first time in two years felt a little odd to me. (Saki should've been the one!) A direct hit, of all things! Despite the jaw-dropping gap in scores, that little dent made the champion seem human in a way not befitting a final boss who has yet to show the true extent of her powers in the original series.

- Teru's concern for Toki was cute. Toki herself was adorable, three years before and now.

- Nodoka's voice sounded... different. She didn't sound that way last episode, if I remember correctly. Did anyone else notice the change?
custardpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 11:21   Link #1828
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by custardpie View Post
- I don't dislike Kuro or anything, but the fact that Kuro of all people ronned Teru for the first time in two years felt a little odd to me. (Saki should've been the one!) A direct hit, of all things! Despite the jaw-dropping gap in scores, that little dent made the champion seem human in a way not befitting a final boss who has yet to show the true extent of her powers in the original series.
There is a difference between "Defeating" and "Damaging"

Everyone can damage the boss but only hero can defeat the boss .
Old 2012-07-05, 14:16   Link #1829
Kyuu
=^^=

Another thing to note: Kuro got help. Saki won't need help.
Old 2012-07-05, 14:22   Link #1830
Sol Falling

Far as I remember, the subs didn't say Kuro was the first person to land a direct hit on Teru in two years. They said that she was the first one to land a hit of that size, i.e. a 16000 point haneman.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 15:22   Link #1831
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Far as I remember, the subs didn't say Kuro was the first person to land a direct hit on Teru in two years. They said that she was the first one to land a hit of that size, i.e. a 16000 point baiman.
Fixed.

Kuro wasn't dealer, and dealer haneman would be 18000. Therefore, it's a non-dealer baiman.
Old 2012-07-05, 16:02   Link #1832
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
Fixed.

Kuro wasn't dealer, and dealer haneman would be 18000. Therefore, it's a non-dealer baiman.
Whoops. Yup, thanks for the correction. I will have to wait until I find time to start actively playing mahjong before I can get all of the scoring stuff down.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 19:46   Link #1833
kimpleng
Lurker

Is there a website that provide high resolution photo comparison between anime scene and real place.?
Right now I'm curious about place in Saki but only found this site:
http://kbas.ifdef.jp/burari_sakin.html

I need a photo at least 1024 x768, but their site only provide a small resolution thus I can't see the detail.
kimpleng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 20:23   Link #1834
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimpleng View Post
Is there a website that provide high resolution photo comparison between anime scene and real place.?
Right now I'm curious about place in Saki but only found this site:
http://kbas.ifdef.jp/burari_sakin.html

I need a photo at least 1024 x768, but their site only provide a small resolution thus I can't see the detail.
That's been quite the trend since Haruhi. If anyone has an earlier example, I'd like to see it. Using real life areas -- and put them into the animation.

There needs one for Season 1 -- especially places for Ryuumonbuchi (assuming they're based on the real thing).
Old 2012-07-05, 22:23   Link #1835
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by custardpie View Post
- I found Kokaji-pro's analysis of the situation in episode 12 memorable. "However, people surpass your expectations", was it? Quite a statement. It was moving, almost. I wonder how powerful Kokaji is, and why she isn't dominating the pro tournaments these days.
I think we're forgetting the fact that Sukoya holds THE uncontested record of winning a championship nine years in a row. No one has even been noted to come close to achieving that. She's definitely slowed down since then though, but details on that are not up for discussion in this part of the boards.

And no, she's not in her hometown's team. Again, something that can't be discussed here.
Old 2012-07-06, 16:15   Link #1836
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
I think we're forgetting the fact that Sukoya holds THE uncontested record of winning a championship nine years in a row. No one has even been noted to come close to achieving that.
I find the concept of that offensive, even in fiction. Shows complete lack of parity in a competition.
Old 2012-07-06, 18:51   Link #1837
XGeneral2000

Quote:
I find the concept of that offensive, even in fiction. Shows complete lack of parity in a competition.
Well, if someone is the best, they are the best. Personally, winning a competition would feel hollow if I knew there was someone else out there who was better.
XGeneral2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 19:37   Link #1838
custardpie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
I think we're forgetting the fact that Sukoya holds THE uncontested record of winning a championship nine years in a row. No one has even been noted to come close to achieving that. She's definitely slowed down since then though, but details on that are not up for discussion in this part of the boards.

And no, she's not in her hometown's team. Again, something that can't be discussed here.
Ugh, I forgot about the nine-year thing. Impressive. I have some other things in mind, but you're right, it's out-of-bounds here. I'll take it to the manga thread.
custardpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 01:29   Link #1839
Scarletknive
Meister

http://anime.biglobe.ne.jp/userranking/chara/35067/

Saki Achiga hen characters are on the roll again...
Old 2012-07-07, 03:50   Link #1840
RJ TAYLER

Quote:
Normaly the case it's true, however not that far-fetched in other sports; take Rugby League for example St George's ELEVEN year dominance of the then Sydney competition 1956-1966.

Last edited by RJ TAYLER; 2012-07-07 at 06:06.
RJ TAYLER is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri